• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Bones0

Smash Legend
Sorry Leffen, but your shield drops are jank as ****. Especially with Yoshi, they should be mad easy, but I see you messing them up all the time. >.>

leffen

Smash Champion
uh, what? I did miss them a lot before, but not anymore.
Look at the latest vids.

Also, yoshis shield drop is the hardest BY A ****ING LANDSLIDE.
why am I surprised that you're clueless >_>

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yoshi doesn't have to worry about shield pokes. How could his possibly be harder?

But yeah, I don't remember you ever even using shield drop out of a dash, and you have the occasional shield-for-5-seconds-then-finally-drop shield drops. I may just be remembering stuff from older vids, idk.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
First off, anything Isai Dropping can do, Shield Dropping can do, and it does it faster.
Sorry, just want to be nitpicky about this one little thing here.

Isai Dropping and shield dropping are the same speed for transitioning out of standing animations and Isai Dropping is at least as fast if not faster at transitioning from landing animation into drop (not sure if you can cancel landing animation with shield the same way you can with walking). For laser techniques, isai dropping is easier and just as fast.

Max?

Smash Champion
I think we should start making blanket statements about the entire population of Europe, primarily statements with negative connotations that serve no purpose besides being a total ****.

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
Yeah so I guess the context of my original question was how shield dropping can be used to escape Marth's Utilt stuff when falco is on the platform.

I think that I just have to learn a lot of the proper techniques to use in order to give myself a number of options, but then use those options unpredictably to be able to win the guessing game that comes when Marth tries to guess what I'm gonna do.

I'm still refining a lot of my ideas about this game but I'm pretty sure the point is to enter your opponents mind.

leffen

Smash Champion
frootloop are u just blind or plain ********.
considering how I said "I did miss them a lot before, but not anymore [with yoshi]".

You can go look at vids from before beast 1 and you'll see that I use them with 95+% success rate with fox falco >_> (all up on ajpantons website), I fail them more often with Yoshi (who I started really playing 1 month ago) since his one is 10x harder.

not really gonna bother to explain why his shield drop his harder.
*cough*it starts with "n" and ends with "o shieldstun" *cough*
that among other things but if I really explained it I'd highlight a few flaws that p. much noone knows about so I'm gonna keep quite ;o

just look at me v dev WF from terebi if you wanna see shield drops, I do more shield drops in a single match than anyone else does during an entire tournament /mangoripoff.
and btw, dash shield drops are MUCH MUCH MUCH easier than doing "5 second and then finally dropping" which requires you to do it without a buffer.

oh mogwai, shield drops are quite a bit faster for dropping through when turning around (for example, lasering right then dropping through facing left)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
lol bones..i don't get the random hate. i see him shield drop more than alot of top level..as others of said alot of american very top level do it literally 0% of the time, so you calling him janky in comparison to no1 else doing it just seems like hatin'.

leffen

Smash Champion
awesome tekk, really glad to see it used with falco.

didn't know that he used it, he didn't seem to know about it at beast 2 (which is the last and only time I've played him) which is why I didn't know about him ;o

@Trahh : yeeeee

bet there is like 2 persons who realizes why a lot of my shield drops become spotdodges during shield pressure (spoiler: it has nothing to do with my tech skill).

Bones0

Smash Legend
Sorry, just want to be nitpicky about this one little thing here.

Isai Dropping and shield dropping are the same speed for transitioning out of standing animations and Isai Dropping is at least as fast if not faster at transitioning from landing animation into drop (not sure if you can cancel landing animation with shield the same way you can with walking). For laser techniques, isai dropping is easier and just as fast.
No, they're not the same speed. You drop through on the first frame from a shield drop. Isai dropping only lets you do the regular pass animation sooner. It doesn't actually accelerate the animation. I believe it's at least 8 frames; you can check dashdancedan's videos. I'm sure he has it in there somewhere.

You can go look at vids from before beast 1 and you'll see that I use them with 95+% success rate with fox falco >_> (all up on ajpantons website), I fail them more often with Yoshi (who I started really playing 1 month ago) since his one is 10x harder.

not really gonna bother to explain why his shield drop his harder.
*cough*it starts with "n" and ends with "o shieldstun" *cough*
that among other things but if I really explained it I'd highlight a few flaws that p. much noone knows about so I'm gonna keep quite ;o

just look at me v dev WF from terebi if you wanna see shield drops, I do more shield drops in a single match than anyone else does during an entire tournament /mangoripoff.
and btw, dash shield drops are MUCH MUCH MUCH easier than doing "5 second and then finally dropping" which requires you to do it without a buffer.
Well I was shield dropping with Yoshi the other day. Definitely felt the same to me (only weird part is I can't see the shield tilt, but that's just a personal thing I need to get over because I used to rely on it as a visual cue). If you could at least PM me your SUPER SECRET SHIELD KNOWLEDGE I'd be interested and promise not to tell. I love your Yoshi way too much to weaken it. LOL

lol bones..i don't get the random hate. and janky in comparison to who? i see him shield drop more than alot of top level..as others of said alot of american very top level do it literally 0% of the time, so you calling him janky in comparison to no1 else doing it just seems like hatin'.
In comparison to me.

Not random hate though... I was just pointing out that from the videos I had watched of Leffen, he wasn't at all playing at some sort of optimal shield drop usage (I'm sure even he will agree there is a lot of room for the metagame to grow in the area because it's so new). I just felt like some people are a bit too close-minded when it comes to what shield dropping is capable of because they aren't able to experiment with it on their own like they can with most advanced techs.

leffen

Smash Champion
no I just saw col bols dope avatar and I decided I wanted something like him but I didnt wanna steal his

;))

and lmao bones, do you have any vids up?
oh and "dash shield drop" is the same with yoshi (other than its 40 times as bad if you mess up and you cannot use light shield)

its during pressure, that one is twice as hard.

leffen

Smash Champion
"Sorry Leffen, but your shield drops are jank as ****. Especially with Yoshi, they should be mad easy, but I see you messing them up all the time. >.>"

=

Not random hate though... I was just pointing out that from the videos I had watched of Leffen, he wasn't at all playing at some sort of optimal shield drop usage. I just felt like some people are a bit too close-minded when it comes to what shield dropping is capable of because they aren't able to experiment with it on their own like they can with most advanced techs.

ok that makes perfect sense

wait it makes ZERO sense.

If we put this in another situation I'm basically the guy from 2004 who says "wavedashing can be really useful, I've implemented it several times" and your counter argument is "LOLNO YOUR WAVEDASHES ARENT FRAME PERFECT EVERY TIME AND YOU PLAY FOX WHO HAS THE EASIEST WAVEDASH"

Bones0

Smash Legend
Does Yoshi have more shield stun or something? Didn't know. lol I still feel like that shouldn't make it much more difficult. I may have to experiment more with Yoshi. I love everything about his gameplay so much except his damn shield. I will just be stylin', but I will randomly try to shield something and then I can't jump out so I panic and get ****ed up. LOL It doesn't help that you parry **** constantly so I try to do that and fail miserably. :c

@trah
I haven't been to a tournament for several months, and I've gotten a lot better at it since then. Here's the gif of the only useful shield drop I did that got recorded:

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
yeah so you're basically saying your shield drops are better in friendlies. which really is meaningless for reference of what you can do..try doing it in (high level at that) tournament.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Lol, i didn't mean in reference to your gif, was in reference to not going to a tourny for several months.

youre saying your shield drops in friendlies are better than his shield drops in high level tourny. the two values are quite diverse

leffen

Smash Champion
lmao.
man no offense but with that janky, average falco and with that SINGLE shield drop recorded (which btw, is terribly easy since he used drill lol) you have no right to say that my shield drops are "janky as ****" , esp not in comparison to yours LMAO.

@Strong bad: Its more laughing at then defending ;o
I'm having a great time ;o

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
LOL

and wouldn't want random people lookin at your girl? why would that even matter lol

would you let your girlfriend have facebook? ;P

leffen

Smash Champion
putting your girlfriend as your avatar would be the same thing as bringing her to smash tournaments.

just shows that you're hella happy that you're getting some.

Top Bottom