• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroics - X Team - A GAME OF CAT & MOUSE

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
not "if," but "when!" lets not hijack m3d's thr3d (o god it rhymes) though

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
It does not rhyme dangit. Im EM THREE DEE.

:phone:

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
On the road today but should be able to send out selected powers to everyone before i go to bed tonight. Be prepared to work on you character bios this week. Im going to make them due on Friday so we can get the game started next week.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
There's going to be a problem (for now at least) in creating the alt accounts. Apparently that's a power that's been stripped entirely from the general user base, so you're going to need designated people to make them, or something.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Can't they just register new usernames?

Kantrip

Kantplay
As far as I know it is IP based. You are prevented from creating alternate accounts.

This is something you should talk to an admin about, as hydra accounts for mafia can be made that way.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Power PMs have gone out. Make sure to get me your bios by FRIDAY so that we can start next week!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Quick question;

Me and Gheb live in Europe, aren't we disadvantaged should a new puzzle come up? We'd probably be the last to notice.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Depends on what it is or how it works. If it helps, I'm also in a non-american timezone.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I will be posting puzzles at random hours. I doubt anyone will have a huge advantage in that area. You also have to consider that some of these puzzles may take some time to solve. So even if I post it before you wake up, the American players may go to sleep without a solution and you might have all day to work on it. Besides that, good posting behavior will net you points as well so don't sweat the MVP thing as much as playing a good game.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
The allied hero newsletter

THE ALLIED HERO NEWSLETTER

Archetype and The Righteous in Space!

It was announced today at the UN’s monthly meeting on superhuman affairs that the world’s most renowned hero Archetype and his associates in The Righteous have taken up position in a newly constructed orbital base in response to threats from Dr Arachno from his supposed moon base. While the source of the transmission cannot be confirmed to be coming from the rumored moon base, sources close to the Superhuman Council confirm that they believe the threat to be credible. Chilon the Wise himself, sitting president of the council, supposedly ordered the mission.

Some commentators expressed concern that the world’s premier superheroes are not only off-world, but have also announced their position in space to the world following this meeting, suggesting that superhuman crime will certainly rise during their tenure in space. King Leo spoke to these concerns, acting as spokesperson for the council before returning to Africa on Monday.

“While the Superhuman Council certainly recognizes The Righteous for their accomplishments and value to mankind, there are a number of other teams well-suited to protect the world from criminal activity. In anticipation of today’s meeting, all major teams under our purview have been put on alert and increased their activity.”

King Leo did not respond when asked about the activities of the council members themselves during this time. He returned to Africa immediately following his conversation with reporters, teleported by The Shroud away from the UN building.

Major Super Criminal Apex Missing

Tuesday afternoon marked four months since the last sighting of the infamous super criminal Apex. He was last seen clashing with superhuman forces in Eindhoven, but appears to have made an escape to the south. Authorities at the time were unsure whether the crossed the border into Belgium or Germany, losing track of him in the countryside after he brought down a pursuing hero and forced the Amsterdam-based super team to attend to those injuries rather than continue their pursuit.

Apex is considered incredibly dangerous and heroes have been instructed by a special alert from the Superhuman Council to not engage him alone under any circumstances. Upon sight, heroes are to contact the superhuman council and call in a special team to apprehend him or await further instructions.

While his origins are unknown, Apex’s powers are notorious the world over. Superhumanly strong, fast and durable, he gains his powers from what appear to be a mix of animal-themed features. His skin is dense and scaly and his fingernails have been replaced with claws that have been described as tiger-like. They are capable of eviscerating foes, as the world learned when they watched the death of Olympius on national Greek television last year after a battle in the streets of Athens. Apex took the head of his opponent clean off with an attack from his claws and escaped authorities while carrying the severed jawbone that he has since been seen wearing as a trophy.

When asked about the status of other supposedly missing super criminals, such as Aftershock and The Buzzsaw, the Superhuman Council released this statement:

“We believe the reduction in super criminal activity to be the result of newly enacted patrol initiatives by the Superhuman Council and our associated super teams. Combined with improved information sharing and communication practices, the heroes of this planet are better able to stop and deter superhuman crime all over the world. We do not believe these criminals to be missing, but rather in hiding from the better-organized teams of heroes and law enforcement agencies around the globe. We will continue to diligently seek out these criminals and bring them to justice, but to characterize them as missing suggests a conspiracy where one simply does not exist.”

Magic Sensitives in Europe Report Major “Event”

Heroes, mystics and psychics all over Europe reported a major magical “event” last Thursday of unknown origin or nature. While unable to precisely explain the feelings that triggered over one hundred reports to the Superhuman Council’s Magic Monitoring Panel, it seems to have been a powerful experience for many of them. The most common description is that of a magical shockwave or a powerful wind, as if some pent up magical force was suddenly released. Unfortunately the nature of magical energies and the sheer number of false practitioners of magic have made it impossible to trace the source of this disturbance.

Speculation since the event has been rampant. A French contingent of magic worshippers suggested that it was the release of a new wave of magical energies being released onto the Earth by Gaia herself. The Supreme Wizard of British Isles* released a statement that he believed some unscrupulous magic users in Russia had botched an attempt to summon a dragon. Other theories include the birth of a new messiah, the crash of a meteor in the Alps or the alignment of the moon with a specific star in the sky. Strange physical phenomena have been linked to the event as well, such as the birth of a five-legged calf in Romania, a supposed earthquake in Southwestern Germany and unusually high tides in the Mediterranean.

Ultimately the cause of this event may stay a mystery. Magical events are often reported, investigated and eventually forgotten, as their origins are unclear and their effects are not often widespread. The widespread nature of this particular event may cause it to receive more attention than usual, but with so much debate as to the actual nature of it, let alone its cause, it has a high probability of going unsolved as well.

*The Allied Hero Newsletter is aware that some of our Irish readers may take offense to Arvyn’s title of Supreme Wizard of the British Isles, we use it because it is considered a traditional and official title, despite its disputed status. Use of the title does not reflect an official position on the validity of the title in Ireland or other disputed territories by the Allied Hero Newsletter.

Dignitaries Gather in Manila for Conference on Superhumans, Economics and Development in Southeast Asia.

This week’s conference in Manila has gathered dignitaries from all over the globe. The conference highlights the effect of a superhuman presence on economics and development in Southeast Asia. Papers have been presented and talks given that both praise and criticize the presence of Council-aligned super teams working in the region.

Delegations from the West, including both politicians and academics, have been sighted entering and leaving the conference center, which is closed to the public. Among them include a team of experts from Harvard Law, the Brazilian ambassador to the Philippines and even the Grand Duke of the tiny mountain state of Xandanbourg. Camelot, current wielder of the mystical sword Excalibur, represented the Superhuman Council at the conference. While Chilon the Wise usually represents the Council on such matters, his duties as president reportedly kept him away from the event.

While much of the content of the conference won’t be made public for some time, reports from those in attendance suggest that the primary point of disagreement this year is the influence of Western superhumans on the region and their legal status while operating in countries that have not signed the UN resolution on superheroics. Proponents highlight the freedom it has given teams in other nations to cross borders in the pursuit of fleeing villains, thus reducing global crime rates. However, opponents of the resolution have pointed out the mass destruction that sometimes results from superhuman battles are too damaging to nations with such weak existing infrastructure. They argue that without boundaries in place to restrain their behavior, superheroes can be even more dangerous than the crime they are fighting to stop.

The conference ends on Sunday with a formal ball. Most delegations are expected to remain for the festivities and more reports from the conference will be available after they depart.

Arsenal Sanctioned After Magazine Debacle

While most women would be flattered to be named Maxim’s Sexiest Superheroine two year’s in a row, the resident bad girl of The Righteous did not take kindly to the publication printing her image on their cover last month. Arsenal used her energy weapon powers to scorch a less-than-appropriate word onto the side of the famous magazine’s offices in New York City. She also reportedly threatened the magazine’s editor before Archetype himself showed up to put an end to what he later described as an “outburst.”

Arsenal later made a public statement regarding the event. She claimed that the magazine had agreed not to print her image anymore after last year’s superheroine issue and that she was insulted by the editor when she contacted them about this year’s surprise release. She said that while that doesn’t excuse her behavior, she is sorry for it and would be putting herself on temporary leave without pay to make up for the mistake. Whether or not she joined The Righteous for their mission in space is officially unknown, however previous reports suggested the entire team was on the orbital platform.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Very sorry, may I plz have an extension on the info today? I got busier than expected leading up to Apex and am here now.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Extensions granted until Sunday

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Still here, but my computer blew up and I'm waiting on a replacement

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Still gonna try to get mine in tonight/this morning (it'll be tonight for me heh) since I'll be gone all saturday and most of sunday. Worst case scenario though it's still in by sunday.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Some of you still owe me character profiles. Send them in ASAP before I start hunting you all down and feeding you to Garbador.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I already told you it was fine. I'm talking to the people who still plan on playing.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I never got a pm or anything like that. Plus im still on the members list(or i was when i made my prior post)
Sorry.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Send it to me first Chibo.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Ok. I have all the profiles. Gonna hand out accounts tonight so you can all post them and we can get the game rolling by this weekend!

Kantrip

Kantplay
M3D said:
Once this information is approved by the GM, there is just one final step to the character creation process. You must send me two lists:

Five desired "skills," based on your character's history and powers, that he or she can contribute to the team. You may select things such as "speaks Chinese," "trained jet pilot" or "diplomacy." The GM will select 2-3 of these that best fit the upcoming story and your bio to include in your character's profile. If your suggestions do not sufficiently match your biography, the GM may disregard them and assign others.
You must rank these three traits against your characters abilities:

- Strength: covers both physical strength and durability. Put this trait first if your character is a bruiser of some kind or incredibly resilient to damage.
- Intelligence: covers all mental tasks, such as solving puzzles or resisting the influence of others. Put this trait first if your character character is well-learned or has powers involving the mind.
- Talent: covers training at specific skills, dexterity and accuracy. Put this trait first if your character is very precise or developed their powers through training and discipline.
Is this something I send in now?

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Sure go ahead. Everyone can do that now if they want. I'm sending out your in-game accounts tonight and instructions for posting your bios.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
This is an example hero profile. Please use this format and begin posting from your assigned character accounts. Once all players have posted their bios, we will begin the game.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
Example Hero Profile
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Codename: Chilon the Wise
Powers: Force Field Generation & Life Force Manipulation
Description: Caucasian of Greek descent. Completely hairless with odd age spots running from his forehead over his head and down his neck, as if in a striped pattern. Appears to be in his 50s and wears loose-fitting clothing of various colors, most often some shade of blue.
Bio:
Chilon the Wise is the product of what might be called an ancient magical experiment. Once a member of an elite Greek society of philosophers, scientists and magicians, Chilon theorized that through intense meditation, someone with a sensitivity to magic might be able to develop extraordinary control over their own body and even elevate their mind beyond the mortal plane. Determined to prove his theories, Chilon went deep below a mountain into a specially carved cave to begin his mediation process. He settled into a trance, so deep that he appeared dead to observers but when his body did not decay, his compatriots determined to leave him there and watch for the outcome. When they had all passed away and turned to dust, Chilon remained deep beneath the mountain.

He awoke from his trance over a thousand years later, empowered and virtually immortal. During his slumber, his mind had expanded and learned to connect to the life forces that bind all things together. His connection to the magical world was deep and intuitive and allowed him to project his mind long distances to observe events otherwise hidden from view. He also found that he could create force fields by solidifying the magical energies in the air. Sensing that the evil in the world had grown, Chilon set out to protect mankind from destruction. Over time he became known as "Chilon the Wise" due to his knowledge, foresight and clarity of action and in modern times he's become the leader of the metahuman world.

Talents
Immense knowledge of science, medicine, magic and history
Diplomacy and leadership
Resistance to all forms of manipulation and psychic attack, through training and from powers

Traits
+ Intelligence
o Talent
- Strength

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Hey buttheads... stop posting "in character" long enough to follow instructions. Post your bios. You can start being your characters soon enough.

Garth Blackburn

Smash Rookie
Wow someone's having a heavy flow huh. Rules are for NERDS, I do what I want.

But since I'm a nice guy, I'll throw you a bone.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
Garth Hero Profile Yeah!
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Codename: Garth Blackburn
Powers: Sonic Manipulation
Description/Short Bio: Garth Blackburn is pretty much the fat kid from elementary school who thought he was hot ****. He's white, mid to late 20s, and probably weighs about 230 lbs.

Except he IS hot ****. He wears a white spandex suit with pink underwear over it, as well as pink shoulder pads made of cardboard. He has a grapple on his wrist that can be set to either pierce or wrap a foe.

(I had a lot more but computer blew up and this is what I can remember.)

Talents
-Incredible singing voice, even with the use of his power (like, possibly the best in the world)
-Ability to pilot heavy machinery
-Sleight of hand

Traits
- Intelligence
+ Talent
o Strength

Top Bottom