• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Come To Papa Results! (MK Banned), Orlando FL 02/11/12

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I would like to thank absolutely everyone for showing up and participating. I didn't have any complaints. This ran so smoothly, we were done with singles, doubles and Random Dubs in 10 hours. That's crazy. Thank you for coming and i hope ya'll will come when Papa calls you back to Come To Papa 2!

our entire livestream was saved btw
http://www.twitch.tv/teamlunchbreak/b/308255964

The sound quality gets better later.

Best 10$ you ever spent on a tourney.

Doubles: (12 teams)
[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]
1. Gentle Retreat (Ed :zelda: and Trump :fox: :ness2:) $43
2. Robotic Operating Boss (****** :rob: and Sheikssbm :luigi2:) $22
3. Baddest *****es on the Block (Drew :ike: ? and Kyon :peach:) $7
4. Big Bad Wolf! (Papa Mink :wolf: :jigglypuff: and Kuro~ :pit: :ike:)
5. The REAL Nick Gave Us This Name (Gindler and HRnut)
5. Asian Chubby Chasers (Gallax :kirby2: and Radix :ike:)
7. We are Da-Plummaz (Renki :sheik: and Sensei :mario2:)
7. Firewall (Redfox :fox: and B_Awal :sonic:)
9. Hold That **** Brah (2-D Jeff :kirby2: and D-torr :yoshi2:?)
9. Doesn't Matter (Hackr :sheik: and Vinyl :kirby2:)
9. Untitled (Ipresea~ ? and Admiral Funk Of The S. S. Pimpin :samus2:)
9. Ryan Owes Us Money! (BDJoe and Shinibu)

For singles we had 4 pools of 7 or 6 people. Top 4 got out. The others went into a free amateur bracket for pride.
[collapse=Pools]

[/collapse]

Singles: (28 entrants)
[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]
1. HRNut :snake: $50
2. FGCU Viper :falco: - $25
3. Kyon :peach: $9
4. Ed! :sheik: :zelda:
5. ****** :rob:
5. 2-D Jeff :falco: :popo:
7. Trump :fox:
7. Ipresea :pikachu2:
9. Lboss (SheikSSBM) :falco: :luigi2:
9. Gindler :warioc:
9. Drew :falco: :popo:
9. Papa Mink :zerosuitsamus: :popo: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf:
13. D-Torr :zerosuitsamus:
13. Action :wario:
13. Sensei :mario2:
13. B_Awal :sonic:

Amateur Bracket:
[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]
1. Kuro~ :pit:
2. Toneh (Radix) :snake: :ike:
3. BDJoe :pikachu2:
4. Shinibu :snake:
5. Redfox :fox:
5. Proxy Gator :snake:?
7. Hackr :sheik:
7. Vinyl :kirby2:
9. Admiral Funk Of The S. S. Pimpin' :samus2:
9. Copter :pt:
9. NOXX :marth:

Random Teammate Random Character Doubles
[collapse=Amazing Rules]The Stage List is the same as is for singles. Everyone who enters will put their name in a hat. I will then draw names for who teams with who. If you go into losers bracket you and your teammate are now solidified as a team. If are in winners bracket your name will be put back in the hat and the names will be reshuffled and you will be randomly put back on a different team. This will continue until Winner's Finals. If you reach a finals, your team is permanent.

You will put all legal stages on random and choose random for each match.
Your team gets one mulligan per set. A Mulligan is a "redo" as so to speak.[/collapse]

These are the teams people lost with.

1. B_Awal and D-torr :random: $25
2. Admiral Funk of the S. S. Pimpin and Ed :random: $11
3. Xdeath and Ipresea :random:
4. GDX and Kuro :random:
5. Papa Mink and Drew :random:
5. Redfox and Kyon :random:
7. Trump and Vinyl :random:
7. Proxy Gator and Sensei :random:
9. NOXX and Hackr :random:

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Dude you have to post pools. Great tourney shout outs to come

1. HRNut :snake: $50 - I was so flattered and honored to play against you in the finals of this tourney. You are on a completely different level. You are entertaining to watch and great to play against. Thanks for the games. Good job winning.

3. Kyon :peach: $9 Our Set in pools was lack luster, but the set we played in Losers Finals was a nail bitter. To the very end of a 5 game set we both were over 140% last stock. Just crazy. I got lucky and saved my self for a 0-3 set when i got that phantasm spike off. Great games set of the tourney?

4. Ed! :sheik: :zelda: I am very luckyy that i dodged you in bracket and that you were not put in my pool. I watched you handle the other falcos at the tourney. Your just so good i defiantly dodged a bullet. Congrats on 4th you have been placing very consistently the ture mark of a good player.

5. ****** :rob: ESKIMOSES Winners Semis that aint FGCU lol. Great set. awesome job beating 2-d Jeff and ****** your pool. Oh and your doubles play was amazing sending Ed and trump to losers good stuff. We should play and continue to develop FGCU.

5. 2-D Jeff :falco: :popo: I am lucky that i missed you in pools and bracket as well. You know the falco IC mu very well. Good job on top 5. thanks for the tips you give me through out the tourney. Your Falco was nasty at this tourney.

7. Trump :fox: our set in pools was close. Frigate really helped me win that one game three. I know that if you would not have gotten caught the result might have been different. regardless great set. I will ban FD next time vs you lol. It was my first win vs you since we met way back at the first We be smashin in Port Charlotte.

7. Ipresea :pikachu2: My god. We have been to many tourneys together. I loved playing you in friendlys and dodging you in bracket. This time i was not as lucky. Our set was nerve racking. I am sorry for how i played but you are much to good of a player for me to not play that way in the :falco: vs :pikachu2: mu. Great set i hope the vids get uploaded.

9. Lboss (SheikSSBM) :falco: :luigi2: It is always a pleasure getting together with you at tourneys. you are such a savy player. A luigi falco combination will be deadly for you. I hope you can travel with us next time as well. Help rep SWFL. Oh and your teams work was SiCKKKK dawg. Good work.

9. Gindler :warioc: Good games i am very well versed in the wario MU. it might actually be my best MU. Good job making it to bracket.

9. Drew :falco: :popo: You are too good of a player to be this low in the results. I wish i could play other chars like you can to avoid lame mus as falco. I think you should camp more as falco but your style is real solid regardless. Oh we need to contribute to the falco boards MU stuff more often lol.

9. Papa Mink :zerosuitsamus: :popo: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf: Dude your place worked out real well. and it seem like the low cost is a major hit with the new comers to the community. And for people saying that players will not come out to a low buy in tourney. Thats crap. both times CFL has low cost tourneys you guys got Oor attendace gallax fest for g-ville and you got FGCU to come out for a 3 hour drive. Good **** man.

13. D-Torr :zerosuitsamus: I know the falco zss mu very well. You play it well but its so hard for zss. I am also a very campy player and your style is not well suited against that. good games man. keep playing and improving as a player. Its always a pleasure to see you at tourneys.

13. Action :wario: you owe me 50 cents. good lucas and congratz on making it to bracket.

13. Sensei :mario2: I wish we would have MMed. I dont think i have ever played you in a serious set. another time hopefully

13. B_Awal :sonic: Dude it was amazing to meet you and play some friendlies with you at the tourney. Yo when we work out the details for The FSU Vs FGCU smash event it will be amazing. You and i are 2 of the most innovative players in the FL scene we could be onto something huge with this.Oh good **** making it to bracket.

1. Kuro~ :pit: Good games as always. you are such a smart player. I am always grateful when you coach me in games. vs ****** it helped soo much. Thanks.

2. Toneh (Radix) :snake: :ike: it was great to finally play with you again. your diddy is deadly. god dam side b bull ****. lol

3. BDJoe :pikachu2: You are getting better every time you pick up the controller. amazing set Vs Funk almost had that time out lol. Glad you came and rooted for me in my set vs kyon.

4. Shinibu :snake: BILLY it took you a couple hours to get yout game on but when you did good ****. Proxy is a real solid player. Thanks for driving us all the way out there.

5. Redfox :fox: OMG you have improved so much since we last played. You are doing some real good **** man. Keep playing this game if you enjoy it. Maybe we can team when you get nasty. Team Star Falco lol but for real keep getting better and putting in work.

5. Proxy Gator :snake: :peach: Dude its always good seeing you. i am glad that even though MK got banned you did not quit. Good games man. Thanks for the shoutout.

7. Hackr :sheik: Our MM was good thanks for the shiek mu exp. I am not so good in that one. This was a great first tourny for a new player. I hope that you continue to come out and get better you have the potential.

7. Vinyl :kirby2: Good MM solid kirby. our sets were good. you also have what it takes to be successful at this game. CFL is a great place to improve your game. Players like mink can help you soo much. I hope to see you again at another tourney.

9. Admiral Funk Of The S. S. Pimpin' :samus2: Funk good **** man i know its a hard life for a samus main man. Just hang in there. Or you can press up and down on the d pad real fast and move up the tier list a few tiers lol. Hope i see you in tampa next time i travel there.

9. Copter :pt: Yo it is so cool to see new players in this game after so many years. I really enjoyed our friendlys. Your PT is good for such a short time playing this game. I was surprised tbh. Keep playing.

9. NOXX :marth: Same for you man. Your Spacing as marth was real tight when you put your mind to it. You have a real solid group of new players around you. If you guys stay with it and growas players together in this game. You can be the next gen. It was not long ago were i went to my first tourney and got to watch great players play. It is fun. Keep playing.

2. FGCU Viper :falco: - $25 - I played the best i have ever played at this tourney. I am real proud of this placement. I am also Proud of FGCU. Overall guys we did real well. 2nd in teams 2nd in singles 5th in singles 3 players made it to bracket. And then we put in work in amateur bracket. 3rd and 4th. Good **** guys we are getting better as a region. Soon people will not be sleeping on us. Best of all we did it our way.

Mink awesome job hosting. Getting a Live stream up the lay out was good. You actually used the Door fee to get food for the players Mad respect for that. You belong in the BBR i wish you were still over here with me at FGCU. Good job man. Get the vids to some one who can record them and put up pools. It was epic!

ProXY GatoR

Smash Cadet
This was hype. Not in the every day sense. It was the kind of hype that can only come from being kicked out of a house party. I'll edit this with shout outs later.

Yo, Orlando,

I love you guys <3

(Not that it matters, but I went Peach/Snake)

Edit: SHOUTOUTS TO DISTANT PLANET SNAKE. 2GUD.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'ma leave these shoutouts here:

1. HRNut $50 - Good win. It was good to see you again! Sorry about the DQ in doubles :(
2. FGCU Viper - $25 - Great wins man. Good ****.
3. Kyon $9 - I'm sorry about your hand :( Excited to see you come out more.
4. Ed! - Great partying with you. You and funk are beasts.
5. ****** - Good **** getting fifth.
5. 2-D Jeff - Partying it up bro. It was a blast.
7. Trump - I dropped too many grabs :( I should have just spiiiiked.
7. Ipresea - :)
9. Lboss (SheikSSBM) - Glad you could make it out.
9. Gindler - I'm impressed at how you did in singles :) Thanks for staying bro.
9. Drew - Pullin' a KT on my bed.
9. Papa Mink - You suck.
13. D-Torr - **** Falco.
13. Action - Rule number 2.
13. Sensei - AWESOME seeing you. Thanks for comin' out!
13. B_Awal - You're pretty cool bro. I'll try to make it to tally!

Amateur Bracket:
Bracket Show

1. Kuro~ - Shoulda made it out of pools.
2. Toneh (Radix) - why did you go ike on me?
3. BDJoe - Good ****.
4. Shinibu - you're mah dog billy.
5. Redfox - Did good today :D
5. Proxy Gator - You were a blast partyin' with bro.
7. Hackr - THANKS FOR COMING OUT. Glad to finally meet you.
7. Vinyl - Hope you can come out to more fests.
9. Admiral Funk Of The S. S. Pimpin' - My favorite person to party with. Ever.
9. Copter - THIS GUY. BRINGING A LIVESTREAM. TOO. LEGIT.
9. NOXX - GOOD JOB WINNING YOUR FIRST MATCH

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I had an amazing time at this.
Gonna do better at the next one.

1. HRNut - Never got to play you but good job winning and you're entertaining as hell to watch.
2. FGCU Viper - Good ****ing ****TTTT Viper. Proud of you man.
3. Kyon - You're an awesome team mate and hella funny. GGs.
4. Ed! - Intense games and you're CRAZY
5. ****** - Nice ROB bro, good seeing you again.
5. 2-D Jeff - **** YOU ****ING FRAUD *** *****
7. Trump - Props for sitting down, saying "I'm gonna wreck you" and then wreckin me.
7. Ipresea - origej0gioisghoiupghrguiu salty as ****, good seeing you tho
9. Lboss (SheikSSBM) - Scary Luigi.
9. Gindler - GGs in teams.
9. Drew - Stop sucking.
9. Papa Mink - Bro. You're awesome. Thanks for bringing me to the party and having this tourney. Twas a blast.
b13. D-Torr - The best.
13. Action - Dat Lucas.
13. Sensei - We shall play again, awesome Mario.
13. B_Awal - You're awesome.

1. Kuro~ - Swamp. *****.
2. Toneh (Radix) - Nice seeing/playing you again dude!
3. BDJoe - who?
4. Shinibu - who?
5. Redfox - Good Fox, keep it up!
5. Proxy Gator - Nice seein ya Alex.
7. Hackr - GGs
7. Vinyl - GGs
9. Admiral Funk Of The S. S. Pimpin' - Lol nice meetin ya.
9. Copter - Thanks for the stream!
9. NOXX - GGs

Exdeath

Smash Master
This was hype. Not in the every day sense. It was the kind of hype that can only come from being kicked out of a house party. I'll edit this with shout outs later.

Yo, Orlando,

I love you guys <3

(Not that it matters, but I went Peach/Snake)

Edit: SHOUTOUTS TO DISTANT PLANET SNAKE. 2GUD.
Dokapon Kingdom battles are really easy when you play both characters. :troll:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'ma leave these shoutouts here:

1. HRNut $50 - Good win. It was good to see you again! Sorry about the DQ in doubles :(
2. FGCU Viper - $25 - Great wins man. Good ****.
4. Ed! - Great partying with you. You and funk are beasts.
5. ****** - Good **** getting fifth.
5. 2-D Jeff - Partying it up bro. It was a blast.
7. Trump - I dropped too many grabs :( I should have just spiiiiked.
7. Ipresea - :)
9. Lboss (SheikSSBM) - Glad you could make it out.
9. Drew - Pullin' a KT on my bed.
9. Papa Mink - You suck.
13. D-Torr - **** Falco.
13. Action - Rule number 2.
13. Sensei - AWESOME seeing you. Thanks for comin' out!
13. B_Awal - You're pretty cool bro. I'll try to make it to tally!

Amateur Bracket:
Bracket Show

1. Kuro~ - Shoulda made it out of pools. I'm salty :salt:
2. Toneh (Radix) - why did you go ike on me?
3. BDJoe - Good ****.
4. Shinibu - you're mah dog billy.
5. Redfox - Did good today :D
5. Proxy Gator - You were a blast partyin' with bro.
9. Admiral Funk Of The S. S. Pimpin' - My favorite person to party with. Ever.
9. NOXX - GOOD JOB WINNING YOUR FIRST MATCH
1. HRNut $50 - Teching the floor of brinstar...wdf hax. I loved playing you. those matches really helped me understand my next step on what to work on. I will do my best to attend anything u host. Good ****!
2. FGCU Viper - $25 - Great wins man. Good ****. Getting better all the time. I love playing you. And i'm not gonna lie. You've gotten SO much better since the last holy smash in December! It took me completely by surprise.

Great games. Expect to have more in the future!

Sad we didn't get to play this time :( yugiohmanz was fun though! Darkworld structure deck for god tier status :troll:
4. Ed! - Great partying with you. You and funk are beasts. Also, we never played :( good **** btw. Don't worry about your controller. It'll turn up. It was there. When no1 else but trump was.
5. ****** - Good **** getting fifth. R.O.B on brinstar is ****ING OBNOXIOUS!!!!!OMGWDFASFLAKSJ;DFLKASJDF;LASJDF;LAKSJDF;LAJSD;F
5. 2-D Jeff - Partying it up bro. It was a blast. great seeing you again jeff. We should hang more =/
7. Trump - Thoroughly enjoyed our games. And i def. appreciate the words of wisdom. Lookin forward to next time mah bro :)
7. Ipresea - Pikachu :( <3
9. Lboss (SheikSSBM) - Want. To. Meet. You.In.Bracket.
9. Drew - best beer pong partner ever :awesome:

Don't drop falco.

Unless your bored of him to the point of where it's unenjoyable to play w/him.
9. Papa Mink - no point...
13. D-Torr - **** Sonic.
13. Action - Lol we never played yugimanz.
13. Sensei - AWESOME seeing you. Thanks for comin' out! Thanks for playing the ditto w/me. I need more practice in it as well.
13. B_Awal - You're pretty cool bro. I'll try to make it to tally! I agree. And **** sonic.

Amateur Bracket:
Bracket Show

1. Kuro~ - :salt:
2. Toneh (Radix) - Amazingly fun to chill with as always :) REAL TALK COMIN
we should team next time u come out(that isn't nll cuz i already promised sax) we have amazing synergy for no reason. It'd be hype.

Double :ike: da bess
3. BDJoe - Tippers. All. Day. <3 ggs
4. Shinibu - Didn't see you.
5. Redfox - Your improving :)
5. Proxy Gator - PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY you were worse than drew at beer pong. Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :troll:

ggs btw. Actually were better than i thought you were going to be. You should come out more! :)
9. Admiral Funk Of The S. S. Pimpin' - I will be the one to take you down! Pleasure as always bro ;)
9. Copter - THIS GUY. BRINGING A LIVESTREAM. TOO. LEGIT. Yoooo real talk. that stream was god tier status. MVP of the tourney.
9. NOXX - GOOD JOB WINNING YOUR FIRST MATCH didn't play/meet you. Come out more!:)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Nah i don't. I only kept a few there cuz i share the same sentiments o.o
read again.
And yours is quoted cuz i had a resposne to your shoutout to me.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
"You can use your mulligan if you get someone like, ****ing link"
-Me explaining how to use a mulligan to GDX 10 seconds before i got Link.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
This tournament seemed epic. Good **** to everyone who went.

@ActionBasturd: I want to 10$ MM you in a Wario ditto next time I go to an Orlando. Best 3 of 5.

ProXY GatoR

Smash Cadet
1. HRNut $50 - I always make excuses to myself and talk about how I want to drop snake, then I see you play and remember why I love him. Gratz on the victory.
2. FGCU Viper - $25 - I remember when you came to a TongFest and we traded games. You're SO much better than before, serious business. Living proof that going to tournies and taking your lumps makes you better. So much respect, great seeing you as always.
3. Kyon $9 - I tried to Peach ditto you... Lol. GGs
4. Ed! - MAH DUDE. Thanks for everything as always.
SUPERKAMIGURUUUUUUU
5. 2-D Jeff - "Yo, WHO'S THE ****ING BEST?" can't wait to make the trip and chill again my man.
7. Trump - Number 1 coach in the world. Hopefully I can get some practice in with you, now that I'll be living closer!
7. Ipresea - Taking beginners luck to whole new levels in pong. Always nice seeing you!
9. Drew - So much happened, I'm Not even sure what to write here. Real talk haha.
9. Papa Mink - YOU. I love you. Amazing tournament, amazing friend. You're the best host I've ever been involved with. Don't stop ever. Ever.
13. D-Torr - **** falco. Great seeing you, we need to hit that marvel sometime though.
13. Sensei - it's really unfortunate you got stuck with me in random doubles, you could've done so much better haha.
13. B_Awal - It's nice to put a name to a face I see around the boards. Cool meeting you.

Amateur Bracket:

1. Kuro~ - Sorry for the call out at the apartment, I was drunk and tired lol. I actually have experience in that match, so i shouldve done better, but still, GGs, hopefully we can play again soon!
5. Redfox - GGs. I feel like I could've done so much better against you though. I gotta get that salty run back sometime soon ;)
5. Proxy Gator - Stick to Mahvel, you fraud.
9. Admiral Funk Of The S. S. Pimpin - MY ****ING DUDE. Hold that Dokapon L though. I'm just saying.

Also, GDX, always cool seeing you around, hype as **** for CEO.

XDeath. I know you hitting me with that neck chop in Dokapon was actually an accident, but still. :( We'll run that **** back some Thursday haha.

This was too good.

:phone:

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Shoutouts to the Question Master at the party..........................

Exdeath

Smash Master
XDeath. I know you hitting me with that neck chop in Dokapon was actually an accident, but still. :( We'll run that **** back some Thursday haha.
I realized what was going on when I countered my S~T~R~I~~~KU~; I waited for Ian to come back before I pressed the last A. :awesome: I didn't do the first part on purpose, though.

Top Bottom