• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Want: 1.0
Likelihood: 1.0

If he has failed to attract Sakurai's attention by now, it's probably not going to happen in the next game either. Maybe Sakurai will throw him in as a surprise Assist Trophy, but if not he'll be delegated to trophy status for the second time.

D

Deleted member

Want: 1.0
Likelihood: 1.0

If he has failed to attract Sakurai's attention by now, it's probably not going to happen in the next game either. Maybe Sakurai will throw him in as a surprise Assist Trophy, but if not he'll be delegated to trophy status for the third time.
I think you mean the second time. Chibi-Robo did not exist pre-Melee.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I give Chibi a 5 in want of course. :) I feel bad for his lack of following though. Bandai almost developing the game, and the being taken over by Shigeru Miyamoto, should be enough to warrant a look at for a slot :/

But his lack of following does kill a good amount of his chances. At least in America. I'm putting my faith in Japan though, with "NPC Chibi Robo Wii" and another Japan only release, his biggest shot comes from there.

But that's about it. It's a question of want, not "potential" because he has plenty an arsenal of moves. And being a "maid" won't stop him. It would be fun to have him as the smallest addition to the roster, and I hope Sakurai gives him a look at one of the latest Nintendo IPs at least.

And it would be actually only a "first" for his skipping. He didn't exist during 64 and Melee so there's a chance Sakurai saw him as "too new" for brawl.

He's underestimated :) but that does hurt him :/

Likelihood: 2.1

Nominations: Animal Crosser x5

Prediction: 4.1

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I give Chibi a 5 in want of course. :) I feel bad for his lack of following though. Bandai almost developing the game, and the being taken over by Shigeru Miyamoto, should be enough to warrant a look at for a slot :/

But his lack of following does kill a good amount of his chances. At least in America. I'm putting my faith in Japan though, with "NPC Chibi Robo Wii" and another Japan only release, his biggest shot comes from there.

But that's about it. It's a question of want, not "potential" because he has plenty an arsenal of moves. And being a "maid" won't stop him. It would be fun to have him as the smallest addition to the roster, and I hope Sakurai gives him a look at one of the latest Nintendo IPs at least.

And it would be actually only a "first" for his skipping. He didn't exist during 64 and Melee so there's a chance Sakurai saw him as "too new" for brawl.

He's underestimated :) but that does hurt him :/

Likelihood: 2.1

Nominations: Animal Crosser x5

Prediction: 4.1

Animal crosser sounds like some guy that secretly dresses in animals clothing

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Want: 3.5
I hate to just repeat what has already been said, but it's true. As much as I'd like another robotic character, Chibi's chances are held back by his general lack of fans compared to other potential characters, and lack of extremely popular games in his series that keep him very well known...but, then again, Sakuria is known to surprise everyone with characters, so I give him a 1.0 in likelihood, but I feel I'm being a bit generous, no offense to Chibi-Robo fans, of course.

Prediction: 3.9

Nominations:
Starfy x4
Tom Nook x1

jigglover

Smash Lord
Chibi-Robo did not exist pre-Melee.
Are you joking? The only character to have gotten any consideration pre-brawl which was created after 2002 was Olimar (Golden sun was made a year before Melee) and so the fact that he is new hurts his chances a lot. Anyway... 0.08 for likelihood and a downright 0 for want. Very poor character.
I can't believe how close Mewtwo is to Ridley. 0.02 in want is all that seperates them with Mewtwo marginally below, they're likelihoods are exactly the same!
Noms:
Plusle and Minun x5

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Chibi-Robo is well....small on my radar for possible new characters. I never really got into the franchise but it seems like an interesting idea for a game. However, Chibi-Robo doesn't have a very historical link to Nintendo's history and isn't considered a Nintendo superstar by a long shot. Not to mention, we already have a pint-sized fighter in Captain Olimar.

However, Chibi-Robo is both miniscule AND a robot which helps diversifies the roster a little bit. As well, Miyamoto took notice of project while it was on developmental hold and personally saw to producing it. Thus, it has Miyamoto's brand of excellence. As well, it's also a possibility Miyamoto might "persuade" Sakurai to add Chibi-Robo but that is stretching it. Chibi-Robo could also have a fairly unique move set involved using toothbrushes, the Chibicopter, coffee mugs, spoons, etc.

There hasn't been a Chibi-Robo game since 2009 and, despite spawning two additional titles, there hasn't been a console release since the GameCube. The Wii U may see a Chibi-Robo game but that has yet to be seen. Additionally, Chibi-Robo has to contend with more popular and requested characters from unrepresented franchises such as Isaac, Shulk, Little Mac, Saki, Mach Rider, Starfy, etc. While it has a fighting chance, Chibi-Robo nor his franchise receives much spotlight from Smash fans and Nintendo. So while an interesting sounding character that has BIG potential; he is sadly overshadowed by more well known and requested characters.

For Chibi-Robo,

Want: 1.90
Likeliness: 2.05

Prediction for Isaac: 3.95

Nominations:

Shulk x3
Andy x2
Saki x2
Tom Nook x1
Dixie Kong x1
Terra Bradford x1

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Huge fan of Chibi-Robo.

Giving him a 5 in Want

Chibi-Robo was originally owned by Bandai but I guess they just lost interest. Shigeru Miyamoto saw the great potential in this game and with Nintendo's Skip Ltd. took over the project, making a game comparable to the greats such as Zelda and Starfox. Nowadays this game is as obscure as Muddy Mole.

Being that Chibi Robo's first game came out in 2006, it's relatively new, so it's understandable he wasn't in Brawl. (However the game was noted in the form of Stickers and Trophy's) But now there is hope in seeing the little robot in action in the upcoming SSB4. Many may protest at such a new character joining the ranks of well established older franchises. Some saw Olimar the same way. It all comes down to Chibi's Popularity. Which is about 3 people on this forum.

So I'm giving his Likeliness a 1

Don't know who Isaac is but he seems popular so Ima predict 4 for him

NOMINATIONS

Ness x5

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Are you joking? The only character to have gotten any consideration pre-brawl which was created after 2002 was Olimar (Golden sun was made a year before Melee) and so the fact that he is new hurts his chances a lot. Anyway... 0.08 for likelihood and a downright 0 for want. Very poor character.
I can't believe how close Mewtwo is to Ridley. 0.02 in want is all that seperates them with Mewtwo marginally below, they're likelihoods are exactly the same!
Noms:
Plusle and Minun x5
Are you okay? It took me five minutes to figure out what you were trying to say.

And you didn't even read it right. I basically said he was skipped once because he didn't exist pre-Melee and was probably too new to be considered for brawl.

Melee: Release in 2001
Chibi-Robo: Release in 2005

Yes. He did not exist during the development of Melee.

And that tangent about Ridley and Mewtwo threw me off too. Were you tired or something?

jigglover

Smash Lord
I was comenting on SSBF's comment which was saying that he hasn't been released pre-melee. About Mewtwo and Ridley, I just wanted to comment on how close they are, anything wrong with that?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was comenting on SSBF's comment which was saying that he hasn't been released pre-melee. About Mewtwo and Ridley, I just wanted to comment on how close they are, anything wrong with that?
Yeah, it sounds like your insinuating there is something going on between them.

I'll have you know Mewtwo is into pokemon like the pure, righteous creature he is.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

IceClimbers x5

Voting & Discussing

Chibi-Robo

Personal Bias: 4
Likelihood: 2

Chibi-Robo is cute, & that's why he should be in. :p

The Chibi-Robo franchise is fairly new & often overlooked. Most think the Chibi-Robo just cleans, but he does fight with a blaster & uses a mug as a shield. He also has plenty of tools to work with to make him a fun addition. His main set back is that he has to compete with the more popular new franchise characters already mentioned. Miyamoto established the Chibi-Robo series so he will be considered.

If he's not playable, he would make an adorable assist trophy.

Prediction

Isaac: 3.72

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Nominations:
Bandana Dee x5

Chibi Robo:
Want: 2.5
Haven't played any of his games nor am I very familiar with what his abilities are. Doesn't really seem like a good choice for a fighter, but then again, neither did Olimar, and he turned out okay.
Likelihood:2
Wow, from what I've seen even the people who like him don't think he'll be in. Maybe as an assist trophy.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I was surprised as F#$% to see Olimar get in.
Never played Pikmin, it looked super fun though, I just thought he got in cause shigeru miyamoto made him. And yes anything made by Shigeru Miyamoto will inevtiably end up in smash bros so Muddy Mole and Chibi Robo have a better chance of getting in.

D

Deleted member

I was surprised as F#$% to see Olimar get in.
Never played Pikmin, it looked super fun though, I just thought he got in cause shigeru miyamoto made him. And yes anything made by Shigeru Miyamoto will inevtiably end up in smash bros so Muddy Mole and Chibi Robo have a better chance of getting in.
Sakurai is not obligated to add every single creation from Miyamoto into Smash. This is not Miyamoto's game.

D

Deleted member

Poor little Chibi-Robo. Doing all that hard work, cleaning up the blood that Mewtwo left behind from the goodness of his heart, only for the people on the stadium to shift the blame to him. As Chibi-Robo cleaned the stadium of blood, fans threw tomatoes, apples, pineapples, oranges, name a fruit or vegetable, Chibi-Robo was subjected to it. By the time the day end, Chibi-Robo had made no progress in finishing his work. He sniffled and ran out to the exist in frustration after hearing that his likelihood score of 1.63 put him in last. While he did score a 2.71, it didn't help matters much.

wildvine47, who was strangely absent from this day, won the prediction and earned himself five more nominations to used. DarkSouls had yet to use his nominations as well. Who knows, maybe Mewtwo toss them off the stadium? We don't know, but Astro was certainly concern about their livelihood.

The bitterness was strong after the mini-war that was Mewtwo's day, but a new popular contender hyped the fans up. When they looked, the fans were overjoyed. One of their RPG favorites was going to be tried today and they were prepared to do anything to defend his chances of getting in. The excitement builds as Isaac demonstrated his Psynergy to the crowd. This was the unexpected solution to the problem and now people could discuss his likelihood without fear.

Day Ten has began! The day ends at 8:45 PM CST. Today you will vote for how likely Isaac is along with predicting Starfy's score tomorrow.

DarkSouls is still free to use his extra nominations given that he has not used them yet.

jigglover

Smash Lord
SSBF, one of your best cut-scenes yet!
Anyway, I don't really know enough about Isaac to make a proper guess for him, but I did a little research and he looks pretty good, I'll do want 3 and likelihood 3.46.
Predict Starfy 3.92. I'm sure there are some people that'll vote low for him.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Poor little Chibi-Robo. Doing all that hard work, cleaning up the blood that Mewtwo left behind from the goodness of his heart, only for the people on the stadium to shift the blame to him. As Chibi-Robo cleaned the stadium of blood, fans threw tomatoes, apples, pineapples, oranges, name a fruit or vegetable, Chibi-Robo was subjected to it. By the time the day end, Chibi-Robo had made no progress in finishing his work. He sniffled and ran out to the exist in frustration after hearing that his likelihood score of 1.63 put him in last. While he did score a 2.71, it didn't help matters much.

That has to be the saddest thing I've ever read on this fourm. I would never throw stuff at him. Poor thing, I should've given him a tad higher score. :(

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Issac? I think he stands a strong chance. I'll give him a 4 in both likelihood and want. His series is fun, his abilities are interesting and unique, and he's another cool nintendo series to represent.

As for Starfy, I'm predicting a 2. I don't think too much of him.

5 votes for Ray MK

D

Deleted member

Same as my reason for Chibi-Robo; don't care one way or the other, so I'm going middle ground.

Likelihood:
This one is more tough to predict. On one hand, Sakurai didn't see Golden Sun worthy of a character (again, only mentioned Animal Crossing and Pikmin), and that was with the two well-recieved games. The third that came after Brawl wasn't so well-recieved, making it unlikely for Sakurai to change his mind in regards to the series. And unlike Saki, Sakurai has not said anything in terms of interest in regards to Isaac that could potentially negate this issue.

On the other hand, Isaac is a popular request for Smash....outside Japan. While Sakurai has shown to look outside Japan for popular characters (case in point, Pit and Sonic), Isaac has kind of a stiff competition with other characters with more popularity outside Japan, such as the ever controversial Ridley and fellow new game getting Little Mac.
And while sources do state that the likes of Ridley and Saki have a little bit of support in Japan, Isaac apparently isn't as lucky. Studies have shown that typically, characters with popularity in Japan as well as outside it have the best chances.

Being a 2nd Party character may also prove to interfere in some way, as characters of that caliber are rumored to have potential legal hurdles akin to 3rd Parties.

ALSO, there is the issue with Matthew, the latest hero of the Golden Sun series. Camelot, the 2nd Party that owns Golden Sun, has mentioned that Isaac's games are essentially prequels for the main story that starts with Dark Dawn. This may mean that future games in the series (if any) might feature Matthew as the main hero again.
This may also mean that if negotiating with them, Sakurai may find that they would rather have Matthew be added in Smash instead of Isaac for that sole reason.

So, with a (not so) heavy heart, I rate his likelihood as a solid 2.0, as he does have a bit of a chance, but it's not that great.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Shouldn't chibi robo be above Dark Samus. He has a better score if you add them together than Samus due to want being rather large compared with likelihood. Or is want irrelevant?

D

Deleted member

That has to be the saddest thing I've ever read on this fourm. I would never throw stuff at him. Poor thing, I should've given him a tad higher score. :(

That's the cruel nature of flavor posting. :troll:

Anyway, I'll give Isaac a 4 in want and predict that Starfy gets a 2.87 tomorrow. Likelihood score will come later.

I'll nominate the following: Mii, Toad, Ghirahim, Ray, and Mega Man.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 3
Likeliness: 2.5

To keep things simple, Shulk pretty much took over the RPG spotlight.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't chibi robo be above Dark Samus. He has a better score if you add them together than Samus due to want being rather large compared with likelihood. Or is want irrelevant?
Yep, want is irrelevant.

The want score is used to extinguish personal bias when voting for likelihood. Likelihood is what really matters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'll give Isaac a 3.5 in want and likelihood.

He is pretty much the only potential sword-user that piques my interest, due to him being able to combine cool Psynergy with the typical slashing attacks. I would be particularly interested in seeing him draw pillars of earth from the ground like the Dr. Wright AT.

He represents a new series and was one of the few unlockable Assist Trophies in Brawl, for whatever reason (as a possible hidden surprise). Sakurai claiming that "no notable series were made aside from Pikmin" doesn't hold much water in my opinion, since equating that to "no new characters from the series will be included" rules out quite a few potential newcomers who have enough going for them to make the cut, and who offer less than Isaac anyways.

Now, Isaac doesn't appear to be a massive priority to include, but he really should become playable over characters like Shulk, who aren't yet recurring and are the epitome of a fad character. I think he's high in the pool of new series to add, because, discounting potential retro characters, his only real competition comes from Little Mac and Saki, both of whom represent different genres of games and would feature different playstyles. Matthew shouldn't prove too much of an obstacle for Isaac either, due to being far less iconic a protagonist.

All that said, adding new series didn't seem to be a priority in Brawl, so Isaac isn't a shoo-in, but when his potential offerings are weighed, I'd say he definitely has a solid shot, moreso than people currently seem to think.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Isaac gets a 3.5 from me. While I'm not familiar with the Golden Sun series, it would be nice for Isaac to be upgraded to the playable status.

Nominations
1: Leon Powalski
2: Samurai Goroh
3: Bowser Jr.
4: Bandanna Waddle Dee
5: Zoroark

volbound1700

Smash Master
Isaac gets a 4.5 to me. I believe he is a character that would add a lot to the series and needs to be added.

Nominations
1. Prince Fluff
2. Megaman
3. Waluigi
4. King K Rool
5. Mike (Startropics)

Prediction:

Stafy - 3.5

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Likely: 4.0
He was an AT in Brawl and is highly requested (in the west anyways). I'd rather him a bit higher, but with GS4 confirmed to not be in progress, he lost a bit of his merit.

Want: 5.0
Would be fun. Lots of moveset options.

Nominate Anna x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No! Chibi! Don't be mad! I was trying to feed you the assorted fruits! D:

Anywho, on to Isaac.

He's a cool guy. We don't get much in the field of earth moves so far, so he's welcome.

For want, I give him a 4.6

Now, he's pretty popular for a new series character. Sakurai may not have added many in the past, but now that the newcomer pool is more of a newcomer puddle, his chances of inclusion are pretty good I'd say. He got a new game after Brawl and has many unique powers, so I'll give him a 3.8 in likelihood.

I predict a 3.1 for Starfy.

I nominate Samurai Goroh x5.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I never played Golden Sun, so I'm pretty indifferent towards Isaac. I have heard quite a few good arguments going for his inclusion, and some pretty good ones against him, so I give him a 3.0 in likelihood.

Prediction: 3.5

Nominations:
Tom Nook x3
Bowser Jr. x2

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
want 5: one of my favorite games ever.

likelyhood: 3.5, while he was in all 3 games, he's playable in two and only the main character in one(curse you Felix!!!) but he also is he would be the only character that use earth as his main source of damage. He also fits the criteria easily because except for possibly #1 and that's for only selling about 1 mill. copies in both the USA and Japan

Starfy: 2.1

Nominations

Mr. Stevenson x 5

D

Deleted member

@lobotheduck21: I would not worry about sales as Earthbound has always sold worse than Golden Sun and it still got two reps. What matters about Criteria #1 is if Isaac can make people play the game. Given how highly requested he is (possible the most wanted misc. series newcomer), he definitely fulfills it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Want: 2
Likelihood: 1

I purchased Golden Sun after being curious about the series for so long. I've tried to bring myself to enjoy it, but for some reason it is hard for me to get into, which is shocking considering how big of an RPG fan I am. Not to say it is a bad game, but I'm far from impressed.

As for Isaac, I don't believe he has a shot what so ever. Sure, he gets a lot of votes from Gamefaqs and elsewhere, but from what I've gathered from those who would know his following is not as big in Japan. There is also the problem that Sakurai did not deem him worthy at the peak of his popularity and "relevance", and not much has changed that would convince him otherwise. Beyond that there is a bigger problem. I think another Nintendo RPG series is going to receive far greater attention than Golden Sun will or ever has, and that's Xenoblade. There is no question Xenoblade content is going to make it's way into Super Smash Bros. As visually impressive as all of the locations in Xenoblade are it would be a crime not to have a stage in the next game, and with that Sakurai will probably evaluate whether Shulk is a good character choice. Since this isn't about Shulk but Isaac, I'll save those points for his nomination. There is also the small advantage Xenoblade has in being a console series versus a handheld one. It may not seem like it makes a difference, but it does.

My two cents.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: If you feel as Isaac has absolutely zero shot of being playable (which your post seems to imply), I'll put your score down for a 0 in likelihood, as that is the lowest you can go.

I'll go to sleep now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom