• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Brawl Presents: Get HYPE! II (ft. Kansas Melee / Project M)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I think I could scrounge 4 more TVs locally man from players around here. Although you should fill a carpool and not take the Chariot of Doom known as Megabus

I think StrongBad is talking about the KC/Lawrence Melee about a tournament on their end and would be able to come up with his own equip for that side, but don't quote me on that

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
trying to save a replay with too many inputs crashes the game.
I recall vividly that all of my doubles replays crashed at approximately five minutes, regardless of the amount of button inputs. When three players were on the screen, the replays crashed at approximately 7.5 minutes, and when two players were on the screen, they crashed at approximately 10 minutes.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I recall vividly that all of my doubles replays crashed at approximately five minutes, regardless of the amount of button inputs. When three players were on the screen, the replays crashed at approximately 7.5 minutes, and when two players were on the screen, they crashed at approximately 10 minutes.
I may be wrong, but I believe we had variable crash times with some under five minutes. In either case, Doubles cannot be ensured and will require resetting if you try and save a replay that you can't.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If our streaming equipment isn't locked up, I'd stream P:M, assuming Reflex or BSL can bring their capture card.

Jace08

Smash Lord
hey guys

lux would you let us run melee here too? We'd appreciate it. We could help run project m as well. I'd be willing to help with whatever you needed, like housing for instance. If players need more space, anyone's free to come crash on my couch

also out of curiosity how did you get the union? It's super expensive so I'm assuming you got it as part of a club or something?

DeLux

hey guys

lux would you let us run melee here too? We'd appreciate it. We could help run project m as well. I'd be willing to help with whatever you needed, like housing for instance. If players could need more space, anyone's free to come crash on my couch
Works for me. I have space for 20 TVs and have access to about 14 good one's between Bonds and I. So the other six TVs were going to be for side events and stuff like that, so if you want to start planning on scheduling in Melee and/or Project M on that, let's talk.

also out of curiosity how did you get the union? It's super expensive so I'm assuming you got it as part of a club or something?
I had to pay for the room rental AND for them to install an expanded power grid in that room, so it was even more expensive than listed prices >_>

My Wallet kinda hurts at the moment, which is why Venue Fee is on the higher side of single day tournament listing.

KC Brawl running $250 over budgets ish at the moment. Still gonna be hype though

Jace08

Smash Lord
dang that's rough. That's cool that you're willing to take that financial hit to make the tournament happen

Thanks for letting us host melee! We can bring tvs as well. Your lawrence tourneys w/ brawl and melee worked out well in the past imo, so this should be more of the same

as far as scheduling, I was thinking just the standard teams bracket first at 12, then singles pools and lastly singles bracket. We can help get project m going at any time really

DeLux

I don't know if I can do both melee and PM. How fast can you run a melee tournament with however many setups you guys are bringing?

You and Strongbad should talk it out and figure out what is going on

Jace08

Smash Lord
well, we don't have to do project m. I don't care about the game until they add ivysaur anyway ><

How fast can you run a melee tournament with however many setups you guys are bringing?
Our crew is pretty experienced at running tourneys, and melee matches go fast anyway. We're dependable on bringing setups as well.

Do you mind just adding melee to the op for now? I'll pm you a ruleset. You can add project m whenever you feel like it or if you get enough people wanting it

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I want to run PM, and others in this thread have expressed interest in it as well.
I will not be attending if it's only a Melee/Brawl tournament, unless Nebraska shows up.

DeLux

I've been able to run a Brawl bracket in less than 3 hours with 4 setups.

Assuming that 3 hour threshold with 6 setups, we could conceivably run a double and singles bracket for melee and a Project M bracket as well, if we forgo pools on melee?

Saffy

Smash Ace
I may have a chance of attending I don't know.
There is a possibility I could be down in Missouri that week visiting with my parents. I'll try my best. It'd make me so happy to see you guys again (Adam, Averil, Jace, MO, etc...).

Just need a partner.... welp. I won't be able to confirm my attendance until my parents decide the date they are going which probably will be around the 20th or so.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I want to run PM, and others in this thread have expressed interest in it as well.
I will not be attending if it's only a Melee/Brawl tournament, unless Nebraska shows up.
ayo.

JBM has already expressed interest, Bolun/Noah would come and Tyser would come if Bolun/Noah went probably and if David/Devon/Tony can put LOL down for 5 minutes maybe they would want to come too.

Do you mind just adding melee to the op for now? I'll pm you a ruleset.
This.

And you should use Sveet's recent rules set (all you need to know is FD is a CP in singles).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
use MBR ruelset (sveet's is stupid, made by spacies for spacies)

DeLux

Talked it over with Strong Bad

10am - Venue Opens - Registration - Warmups
11am - Brawl Pools / Melee Doubles Begins
2pm - Project M Singles
3pm - Brawl Doubles Bracket
5pm - Melee Singles Pools
6pm - Brawl Singles Bracket
7pm - Melee Singles Bracket
11pm - Venue Closes

Here's the generalized logistics plan:

- Brawl has 14 TVs ready to go, while I can hold up to 20 setups at the venue.
- I will designate 12 Tvs for Brawl tournament Pools. 2 Tvs will be designated for Brawl Friendlies. The remaining Tvs (six) will be designated for Melee Doubles.
- For Brawl, I anticipate there will be 12 or 16 pools with the top 3 or 4 making it to bracket respectively.
- Once Melee Doubles are finished, Begin Project M on free Melee TVs. Convert 2 Tvs from Brawl Friendlies to Melee Friendlies
- Once Brawl Pools are finished, begin Brawl Doubles on Brawl Pool's TVs.
- As Brawl Doubles closes, covert 4 TVs from Brawl Tournament into 4 Melee Friendlies if time permits. Convert remaining 3-7 Brawl Doubles TVs into Brawl Friendlies TVs or jump start Brawl Singles as time permits
- Once Project M finishes, begin Melee Singles Pools. Convert Melee Friendlies TVs to Brawl Singles
- Once Melee Singles Pools finishes, proceed to Melee Singles Bracket
- As Brawl loser's semis closes, begin removing TV's from venue if pressed for time

DeLux

Jace PM'd me this ruleset for Melee, any quick thoughts?

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Stages

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

(double posting for linking purposes in OP)

Jace08

Smash Lord
yeah saffy it'd be cool to see you again too

man pound 4 rules are not garbage! But whatever

That plan sounds fine Lux. The only thing I'd change is the melee friendlies tvs. We'll want to start melee pools asap, even it it's just beginning on two tvs (instead of waiting for project m to be done)

oh and for your housing post, I can house up to 8 people, maybe more if you need it

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
How can you have 4 neutrals?

JBM/Noah/Tyser/Yosh all expressed interest in coming.

I already told Tyser I expect at least 40 people to ask him to MM in brawl.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
HERY hey huy, we should MM. I can do 5$-20$? <3 don't sAY Nu & break mah heart LIEK DABUZ DOEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nah--I'll probably lose. I don't put money on things I don't plan on winning...unlike this tournament.

Top Bottom