• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Brawl Presents: Get HYPE! II (ft. Kansas Melee / Project M)

JTsm

Smash Master
After much consideration, I've decided not drive to KS. Long drive, rather not take off work, school work will probably get in the way. Just lots of negatives that could be problematic. Sorry Zinoto, but I guess you'll just have to bus it on down. :(

Roller

Smash Legend
oh snap.

things just got real.

Julian. Let me know what you're thinking/doing for transportation to this now.

I guess I'm now on the fence about whether I'll be able to make the trip/afford it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker and Reflex can use our replay system to save all the bracket matches from this tournament if you guy want.
And believe me, you guys want.
This is a thing you want, but you tell me if it's a thing we're doing. Call it for me. I'd just like to know if I need to get my hands on our stuff this weekend or not.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
If there is a PM tournament, I can guarantee I will somehow make it to this.

Right now I'm somewhere at 60% or so. Mostly just because I want to hang with people, though. I don't play much Brawl anymore.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What is this replay system?
We've got a batch of SD cards with specific codes, a team of uploaders, and an AlabamaSmashLeague Youtube Channel.

The codes are Infinite Replays, Tags On Replays, and a Forced Replay Save that makes you save the replay before you leave the results screen.

Doesn't work well with Doubles because trying to save a replay with too many inputs crashes the game.

These codes can be launched through the stage builder and we have a time stamp program we use to monitor who plays when on which set-up. The only allowance we'd need is the ability to load the codes, someone to call matches to specific TVs rather than just "go play your match," and permission to post the videos on our Youtube channel (we want subscribers, yo).

We're willing to do all bracket matches, but pools triple the replays that need to be uploaded.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I already have a streamer, but if this gets more matches recorded then I'm all for it.

Seems like my streamer and what you guys want to do aren't mutually exclusive as well, so win/win?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I already have a streamer, but if this gets more matches recorded then I'm all for it.

Seems like my streamer and what you guys want to do aren't mutually exclusive as well, so win/win?
Correct. We'd be happy to do that.

DeLux

Trying to get confirmation from Strong Bad since he'll be my melee/PM point man

essentially I have 12 tvs ready for brawl, and need Wiis from the community. I will then have space for 8-10 more setups. So I'd like to get maybe 2 or 4 more brawl setups and 4-6 melee/project M setups

Denti

Smash Master
Melee is going to be at this? Man I need to look at this thread properly. But is Project M confirmed? I'm driving with Fino and I doubt we'll have room for my TV with everyone in his car, but I can bring a Wii + Project M/Brawl if needed.

Also I'm teaming with Zinoto at this <3

DeLux

It's either project M or melee. I don't htink it's going to be both

DeLux

Date is pretty locked up lol

Like non-refundable locked up

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Oy a 13 hour drive 0_0 I'd like to go and see mjg and delux but I think I have an exam that Friday so it's a no go for me. If Michigan goes good luck <3 otherwise Averil win for me dog

:phone:

MJG

Smash Hero
Oy a 13 hour drive 0_0 I'd like to go and see mjg and delux but I think I have an exam that Friday so it's a no go for me. If Michigan goes good luck <3 otherwise Averil win for me dog

:phone:

I'll do my best mannnnnn.

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

can we plz do smash 64 side event

:denzel:
If you are in charge of the event, I am sure Phil won't mind. Need to verify with him first though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Did you kill the attendance list in the OP for housing or did you accidentally nuke it when you were adding housing. I went to look at it and it was gone.

DeLux

The info for attendance is more or less condensed in the OP (with regions interested/confirmed coming)

I'm now just going to use that post to keep tabs on housing.
So far it's me housing ATL South and Stealth Raptor housing MI

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well, I'm aiming to blow this up, so housing offers would be nice and hotel prices would also be amazing.

Kel

Smash Master
Tako, I dunno. Brawl in the Hall is this same weekend and less than an hour from me haha. This is 10 hours.

DeLux

As far as hotels go, you should get something cheap imo. I'm not too knowledgeable admittedly because I've lived in my apartment the whole time out here and never a hotel lol

The only tidbit I can give are these:
The venue is going to be at one of two addresses depending on if I can get us free parking:

1601 Irving Hill Road Lawrence, KS 66045
OR
1301 Jayhawk Blvd. Lawrence, KS 66045

Don't stay at this hotel imo even if it's the cheapest since during my recruiting visit I stayed there and it was kinda awful. Although this might be different because it changed franchise/ownership since I stayed there: http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details...=Lawrence,+KS+66044,+USA&hotelId=176224&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&roomno=1&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first

DeLux

So talking with Stealth Raptor, we did some housing assignments

DeLux - ATL South
Stealth Raptor - MI
Perfect Duck - Texas, local OOS (IA/MO/NE). Play by ear on how many, overflow goes with DeLux

It appears Ohio is getting a hotel with Sneaky talking about that, but I'm willing to house as many people as 450 sq ft. of a living room and kitchen floor can hold.

Also, tried to get a shift of venue, but failed. Something to do with electrical capacity at certain buildings, so the one with the huge parking lot in front is out :(

So I'll be doing a "how to get free parking" post closer to event time. There's free parking across the street, but the lot is only 40 cars in capacity so it might be hard to get some there. I'll go into more detail soon.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Trying to get confirmation from Strong Bad since he'll be my melee/PM point man

essentially I have 12 tvs ready for brawl, and need Wiis from the community. I will then have space for 8-10 more setups. So I'd like to get maybe 2 or 4 more brawl setups and 4-6 melee/project M setups
If I drove, I could bring a Brawl set-up, but I'm trying to decide between Megabus or my car atm.

Top Bottom