• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kaillera in East Asia

malva00

Smash Master
wow umbras stop being a smash n00b i've posted the differences between the versions in this forum before.

Mario: Little shorter, lower up B, fireball does more stun but is 1% weaker, fireball goes farther, shorter roll
Luigi: higher jump and double jump, little shorter, lower up b, fireball has more stun but is 1% weaker, up b sends opponent a tad higher and makes opponent fly up and more to the side, fireball goes farther, shorter roll, forward throw is 12% back is 16% LOL in our version it's 16% forward 12% back, forward throw sends opponent farther and back throw sends opponent not as far LOL
Fox: Down tilt is 2% weaker, Up B has invincible frames in the beginning, is 3% weaker, and knocks opponent way more horizontally, can do special japanese only turn slide, laser is 1% weaker but knocks opponent back farther, down smash knocks opponent away much more vertically, reflected attacks do different amount of damage, reflector pushes opponent away faster and down-away more by 2 frames
Kirby: forward throw knocks opponent away more horizontally, up b goes a little higher, can do special japanese only turn slide, down smash/up smash are 2% stronger, up air is 2% stronger for beginning of attack, 1% stronger hitting a little after you've started it, same strength for ending of the attack, down B is 2% stronger, roll is a tad longer.
Pikachu: Pikachu B spark goes farther, forward smash has shorter hitbox, dash attack has less knock back.
Link: Up tilt is 5% stronger/down air 2% stronger/up smash 2% stronger total(goes 8-12-24), higher jump/double jump/up b, boomerang goes farther, bomb doesn't make opponent flip over unless they are at higher damage, his sword looks a little longer, I think his up b/forward air does 1% more damage in combos sometimes, bomb is 2% stronger from every angle except only 1% stronger when thrown from above the opponent, nair doesn't knock the opponent away as far but a little more downwards, first kick of bair is 1 frame faster and second kick sends opponent more downwards and away
Yoshi: little higher first jump, travels more slowly through the air horizontally, down smash is 1% weaker, can do special japanese only turn slide
Jiggly: down B is 6% weaker, can do special japanese only turn slide, down smash has shorter hitbox
Falcon: Higher jump/double jump/up B, forward tilt is 1% stronger, runs slower
DK: can do japanese only special turn slide
Ness: less lag after landing with up B body attack, up B body attack hitbox lasts longer and is 5% stronger, up tilt is 1% stronger but makes the opponent fly lower, up air is 2% stronger, fire B attack is 9% weaker total, all smash attacks are 2% stronger -___-
Samus: when standing next to tall characters and facing them, up smash only hits with one attack. in the american version up smash hits with the first two attacks in that situation

Differences for all characters: Much less DI, Less attack stun for ATTACKING player.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Yeah it's sort of like the teleport with Jiggly/Samus in the American version. I accidentally found out about it when I was playing as DK a few days ago.

_kSo_

Smash Master
what what what?? i feel like such a noob. i've never seen/heard of any of this before!!!

(although from the way your describing it, it doesnt seem quite as important as like DI or something)

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Yeah so the IP for the Japanese server changed and I didn't realize until a month later, and now I'm losing Internet connection in about 1 hour as I'm getting kicked out of the place I'm staying in. My flight's in 23 hours so I'm just planning to stay out all night and catch it in the morning. Sweet, soon I will be able to play smash once again...

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
Wait how come that was worth 4 points? :p

Well. I actually did meet a guy that quit in mid-game last night. I was beginning to think the server was perfect too.

It seems like everyone has great reaction time (Asian reactions probably) and knows how to do technical stuff very well. I haven't met anyone who can't shorthop or z-cancel consistently yet. But some of the players seem to lack the ability to mindgame. Also, no one likes Hyrule or something. It's always Dreamland Dreamland Dreamland. Or should I say Pupupu Land.
Guess that I lack that particular gene. -_- Can't SH.

LDG

Smash Rookie
hey, how do i play SSB on mupen, kaillera with server for korea/oriental area

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Umbrasquall what's this internship you're talking about :o

and lol at your korean chats

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
old thread is old...Malva is in here talking and conversing with people...wierd

people have been looking for the English/Japanese differences well...there they are

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
@ LDG
...Next time, don't dig up an ancient thread, just post a new one. Especially because what you're asking isn't 100% about Asian servers.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Geez, I've been looking for Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) for a very long time and still didnt find it. Anybody can give me a link or upload it pleaseee'??? :p

Top Bottom