• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kaillera in East Asia

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Okay so I'm going to be doing an internship in Hong Kong for the next two months (I'm leaving tomorrow morning). It's going to be a lot of fun, but there's always the question of Smash... lol.

I already resigned to the fact that I won't be able to play you guys for the next 60+ days, but I am kind of hoping that there are maybe 1 or 2 servers that have smash players over there. Maybe I can connect to the Japanese servers? Anyone know?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Well...I dont think its as popular as it is here in the US. Notice in the *** combo videos its always training mode. And u never see matches of king and all them facing each other in crappy graphics. Hope u find a server tho ;P

BHL Edit, Nov 10: LOL I was stupid

felix45

Smash Lord
oh **** umbra I forgot to get in contact with you about playing smash. you're probably busy today but I'll call you anyways to see what you are up to and if you want to smash.

malva00

Smash Master
Wow BHLMRO and his RAAAAAAAAANDOM training mode comment.

Talk to me on AIM or MSN and I'll tell you what I know.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Lol thanks boom. I just got here yesterday. Transferred in Tokyo (earthquake lol) and didn't sleep for 30 hours. I'm staying in an apartment on the 7th floor overlooking a bay and mountains, the view is amazing. Work starts tomorrow, and sorry Malva, but I can't get on AIM anymore. =\ Can you PM me the details please?

hambread

Smash Apprentice
did you say hong kong?

-waves frantically-

i live in hongkong i live in hongkong. and no smash servers in HK. japan maybe.
aiyah such a pitty i cant play on kaillera. im moving to canada soon and i really dont have the time to play. and my dads being a noob and limited my comp time.
send me a pm and i'll introduce you to my fellow smash friend.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Sweet. But ****. I thought I'd have a lot of free time. But I got off work at 10 last night and when I got back it was 11 pm. I had dinner and fell asleep lol...

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Oh man I signed onto the server last night and had 250ms ping. That's not bad for halfway around the world.

Malva, I can't sign into the Japanese server cause my ping is too high. :(

Then I server surfed around some more and got some pretty nice pings on a few Korean and Chinese servers. Apparently the rest of the world only plays King of Fighters.

malva00

Smash Master
what was your ping when you were rejected?

the best japanese server is 59.134.24.237:27888 and after that 221.116.208.35:27888

but unless you talk to japanese people you'll be waiting there for a long time unless you get lucky

hambread

Smash Apprentice
there are couple of HK servers. which probably gives you 50 minus ping. the HK servers are mostly gibberish but you can definetely make out HK or HongKong under 'locations'

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I get 67 ping on the first Japanese server. Which is awesome, except no one plays Smash haha.

Also, I get around 50 ping on most of the Korean servers as well.

But WTF, I swear, literally the rest of the world plays King of Fighters. It's the only game that populate all the Asian servers, and there's even a Korean server named King of Fighters that always has like 50 people in it.

EDIT: Oh btw, can someone upload a copy of the Japanese Smash ROM? I can't access any of the ROM sites since they're blocked.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Sweet, malva I got into 210.132.129.105:27888, or aka Sma64 server. All the games are Smash and I've got 67 ping. Time for some Japanese ownage. Except I don't have the ROM yet lol.

EDIT: It's funny how everyone outside of the US uses "excellent" connection type.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
I visited Korea last year and one of my parents old friends who LIVED ON A FARM IN THE MIDDLE OF WEST BUMBLEFU-- had broadband. This is a house that doesn't even have an attached bathroom. Asia is definitely connected like nobody's business.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Okay this is weird. I have Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [!] but apparently everyone else has Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) without the [!]. I can't start a game with them because I don't have the "correct" rom. But I did manage to get access to RomHustler and inside the zipped package there was only Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [!] and a bunch of others like Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [b1] etc. And I don't think any of them work.

KESHIKI

Smash Cadet
maybe malva told you this in his pm but

If you change your rdb file that is in Project64k folder, the name of the rom automatically changes to Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) without the [!]. So you have no problem having Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J)[!] rom but you need a different rdb file, which you can get from me or malva (I think). Look at my profile and contact me if you want.

malva00

Smash Master
it's better to just make a seperate folder with another pj64k to play without the [!]

you can get the japanese pj64k zip from me if you want it'll make you feel like you're one of them xD

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I already told you that in my pm

last time i tell you something!
You only told me that I needed the Japanese version of the game in your PM?

Anyway, how good are they? Who is good or who should I be playing on this server?

malva00

Smash Master
here's my pm

"If you wanna play online you can go to

210.132.129.105:27888

you'll need Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) or else they will ban you so hard j/k"

notice I didn't put a [!] nice try umbras malva: 4 umbras: 0

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Heh oh well. Thanks anyway. Kesh sent me the rbd file so it should be okay now. I've got to sleep but I'll try it tomorrow. Can't wait.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Omg, I've just played a few games and I have to say I'm quite in love with the Japanese servers. Everyone I've played is decently good to be a challenge. Everyone has <50 ping, plays on excellent connection type, and NO ONE desyncs. I might not want to come back to emularena lol.

The only downside is that there's like no DI at all. And you get grabbed a lot.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Wait how come that was worth 4 points? :p

Well. I actually did meet a guy that quit in mid-game last night. I was beginning to think the server was perfect too.

It seems like everyone has great reaction time (Asian reactions probably) and knows how to do technical stuff very well. I haven't met anyone who can't shorthop or z-cancel consistently yet. But some of the players seem to lack the ability to mindgame. Also, no one likes Hyrule or something. It's always Dreamland Dreamland Dreamland. Or should I say Pupupu Land.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Come play me Boom. I actually played this Japanese guy that reminded me of you, he was really good.

I've had some great matches already, and Japanese people are so funny! Here's some conversation from last night:

Umbrasquall: Hello
||-|: Hi
||-|: You are Korean?
Umbrasquall: No American. I'm living in asia this summer.
||-|: Oh!
-=|: Oh! Forgein smasber! <I think he's trying to say "foreign smasher">
Umbrasquall: Yeah lol
-=|: Let's play
-=|: Watch out for big stick
||-|: Okay
Umbrasquall: Big stick? What's that?
-=|: You don't see? Big stick.
Umbrasquall: Umm yeah right big stick...
-=|: Yes
||-|: pen-is
Umbrasquall: LOL!
Umbrasquall: Yeah watch out for my big stick. lollol
-=|: Haha yeah yeah
<We start playing a game of 1v1, while the other guy, aka the host, ||-|: watches>
||-|: exciting game
||-|: nice combo
-=|: wwwwwwwww
<I win with 3 stocks>
Umbrasquall: Good game
||-|: strong!
-=|: so strong
<I play the other guy this time, and win with 3 stocks>

||-|: Isai??? <I lol-ed so hard at this point>
Umbrasquall: No lol
||-|: You know isai?
Umbrasquall: Yeah I know him
-=|: Big stick too strong
Umbrasquall: lol

Anyway, I'm having so much fun on these servers.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Okay what the heck is with Link's broken up-tilt in the Japanese version? I played two people yesterday and all they did was play Link and up-tilt combo into u-air up-B or some other combo.

I swear it's like the Kirby's up-tilt for Japanese people. It seems to have shorter recovery time, longer range, more stun but less knockback, and the worst part is that you can't tech or DI out!

Top Bottom