• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ask ChiboSempai Thread: Ask All Of Your Digital Video Related Questions Here

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I have a Pinnacle Ultimate and I'm trying to capture with Virtual Dub. Whenever I go into capture mode, I get the frame it starts with but no frames are captured. Is there something I'm doing wrong.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I just started looking into the video making process now, and I am very confused. I'm not worried about making the video, I am fairly decent with WMM (yay free!). I just don't understand the video capture part. I have a Wii, a TV, and a desktop computer. The computer is a new Acer with Vista home premium, I got it last christmas. I would tell you the specs if I knew enough about computers to figure out what the specs are. I'm pretty sure I don't have any special graphics cards or video cards or anything like that. What I want to know is what do I need to capture video from my wii and put it on my computer in a file that is compatible with WMM. Ideally, I would like the solution to be something that I could take to my friends house and record there as well. What do I need?

K 2

Smash Lord
How do I get a video from my wii to my computer? I have an SD hard and a Dell computer? The main problem is that I don't know how to get the stuff on my SD card to my computer. Do I need sometype of SD USB adapter?

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
how do you upload montage video onto youtube(im using dazzle dvc 100, pinnicle studio)
i tried turning into an avi file ,but there are many files inside. you can only upload one file on youtube. any advice is apprieciated.

thank you

DotDo

Smash Rookie
How do I get a video from my wii to my computer? I have an SD hard and a Dell computer? The main problem is that I don't know how to get the stuff on my SD card to my computer. Do I need sometype of SD USB adapter?
You can not use SD cards to transfer Brawl matches onto a computer. Instead you have to buy a capture card, such as the Dazzle.

My question is, is the Dazzle DVD Recorder able to record matches fine? Because I've read in some places that is is good, while others say it won't work for televisions. Also, my tv doesn't have an output, so can I just buy splitter cables?

sasook

Smash Champion
I have a Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80 (made in 2005 I believe). The computer software it uses is called Pinnacle Studio Quickstart (version 9). I have my LCD TV, DVD player, and computer all next to each other. I plugged in the USB end of the Dazzle recorder into my computer, the other end with the ports connected to a double-ended AV cable. The second end of this AV cable is connected to my DVD player (either Video In or Out, I don't remember and can't really check atm). Then the Wii Composite cables are connected to whatever is the other open port (Video In if the Out is occupied, and vice versa). My DVD player is connected to my TV, and I just need to put my DVD player to the VCR setting and click Input once, and there, my Wii is playing and I can kinda TiVo my Wii on my computer. Works fine.

The program that the Dazzle comes with is very easy to record with. I click start capture, best quality, and it records. When I'm done, I drag all the clips to the timeline, and click make movie. Here I'm given options on what type of file I'd like to make. The choices listed are the following: AVI, MPEG, Stream, Share, Disc. I usually save it as an AVI file. However, these videos are just ok in quality and take very long to upload to youtube for me, so what I do is import them into Windows Movie Maker.

I drag the movie onto the timeline in WMM, and click "Save Movie As.." and make the quality of it "High Quality video (large)." It says the File Type: WMV, Bit rate: Variable bit rate, Display size: 856 x 480 pixels, Aspect ratio: 16:9, Frames per second: 30. I save the file this way, and then upload it to youtube.

On youtube once it has been uploaded, the site gives me the feature of "watch in high quality." However, even in high quality, the resolution is mediocre at best. I've seen some videos that are crystal clear, and I asked one person how they got it so clear. They said they record with a high resolution with a Dazzle. I said to myself "I have a Dazzle too, why aren't mine that good?"

So here's my question: What can I do to improve the quality of my videos on youtube? Does it have to do with my setup? Is it because I'm using a slightly old program? I've heard things about encoders too, what are they exactly? Would I need one of them? Thanks for your help and this extremely lengthy post.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Okay I want to get videos that were already Uploaded by someone esle that are on youtube. Convert the file to WMV somehow and put it on Windows Movie Maker. How do i do this?

Hype

Smash Lord
ok so I just bought an "Intec Advanced memory card" for the nintendo wii. Its 507 blocks (32 MB.)

When ever I go to my saved games or try to save another game I can only save it to my wii, not to the memory card. It seems to never register that there is a memory card in the wii. I tried both slots and this is the 2nd memory card I've tried, neither work.

I have a capture card but i would like to get footage from friends' wii's and save it to mine. Is there anything I should try that could possibly make my memory card work.

Edit: also, If I try to upload a video onto youtube and it is taken down instantly due to copyright issues with the music is there anyway to keep the same music and not have it taken down?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Uh oh, Chibo's back and posting here lol. Sorry for the hiatus.

Hype - Your problem with the memory card is that you have a GameCube memory card. I guess the company tried to rip you off by advertising that it works with Wii (because it technically does I suppose), but you will need an SD card. Then in Brawl you will be able to copy over saved film data and watch it on your Wii.

If your video is taken down by YouTube, there is nothing you can do about it. They give you an option if I'm not mistaken to switch the audio on the video (the part which got you the infringement) with other music on YouTube, or you can re-edit it yourself. Most of the time your video won't be taken down, but instead will have ads placed on the page next to your video. But yes there is the rare occasion of your vid flat out being taken down for one reason or another, something that happened to my combo video Assistant Sensei.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I recently got a Dazzle and everything works perfectly except for one thing... the volume intake of my game capture is too... sensitive? The sound of my videos comes out scratchy. I don't know how to change the volume intake of the capture card. The software is almost too simplistic, because there's no way to calibrate the volume level of the capture...

Is there something I'm missing?

Here's an example of the sound quality I'm getting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5523pJWUWFw

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Right now, I have a Sony DVD recorder and I was wanting to make a combo video from the replays that I have.

When I was recording replays (CD-R Type Disk) I was forced to stop because the information on the disk was full. I only got about 1 hour and my computer says the information is over 4 GBs and I know that's not right. Before that we recorded something 2 hours long with about the same file size. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, if I'm not, could you direct me toward any good DVD Rippers, Compressers or Converters. All the ones I've tired have crashed because the file size is 4 GBs and WAY too big. I have tried to do them in portions but the file size is still to big. It will take hours just to rip and convert those files. Is there any faster way?

[Misc.]
-Is Dazzle any better in terms of quality/file size, etc?
-What if I use DVD-RW? Would it be any different?
-Do you know of any computer recorders that record both video and audio from the computer? (Kind of like Camstudio)

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
Sorry to bother you, ChiboSempai, but what kind of capture device/setup do you recommend now? The information you gave in the beginning of this thread is over a year old, and the links are dead :(
also, do you recommend a specific EDTV, or know of reputable brands/retailers (at least a place to find them?)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I recently got a Dazzle and everything works perfectly except for one thing... the volume intake of my game capture is too... sensitive? The sound of my videos comes out scratchy. I don't know how to change the volume intake of the capture card. The software is almost too simplistic, because there's no way to calibrate the volume level of the capture...

Is there something I'm missing?

Here's an example of the sound quality I'm getting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5523pJWUWFw
o yes i remember having this problem with an old dazzle of mine. only problem is... i dont remember how i fixed it lol. i havent used dazzle software in years. a sure fire way to fix it though is to record the audio through your mic or line in on ur comp. the vid quality is nice though, which dazzle r u using?

Sorry to bother you, ChiboSempai, but what kind of capture device/setup do you recommend now? The information you gave in the beginning of this thread is over a year old, and the links are dead :(
also, do you recommend a specific EDTV, or know of reputable brands/retailers (at least a place to find them?)
well generally i dont reccomend dazzle, but iv been hearing of a lot of ppl using it with good results. i personally use a pinnacle studio movie box, but its quite expensive. i got it because i also use it for firewire stuff with my camcorder and so on, but still mainly smash vids i guess lol. they run around $80-110. i heard the ol' gamebridge was great, but u cant rly find them anymore... most things work good, read reviews of products ur looking at online. pinnacle might have a cheaper device than the movie box, pinnacle hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Right now, I have a Sony DVD recorder and I was wanting to make a combo video from the replays that I have.

When I was recording replays (CD-R Type Disk) I was forced to stop because the information on the disk was full. I only got about 1 hour and my computer says the information is over 4 GBs and I know that's not right. Before that we recorded something 2 hours long with about the same file size. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, if I'm not, could you direct me toward any good DVD Rippers, Compressers or Converters. All the ones I've tired have crashed because the file size is 4 GBs and WAY too big. I have tried to do them in portions but the file size is still to big. It will take hours just to rip and convert those files. Is there any faster way?

[Misc.]
-Is Dazzle any better in terms of quality/file size, etc?
-What if I use DVD-RW? Would it be any different?
-Do you know of any computer recorders that record both video and audio from the computer? (Kind of like Camstudio)
man i used to know ripping DVDs like the back of my hand... or however that saying goes lol. problem is, yet again, that was a while ago and i sorta don't remember. its really easy to find guides for it though, especially at sites like afterdawn. il add it to my list of guides to write for the boards here. one thing i do remember though is that if you want to get the best quality out of it and make the best files, you will need a lot of disc space. the final file wont be that big, but you will be dealing with a lot of temporary files that will be multiple gigs like you mentioned.

im quite confused at your whole disc size space problem deal lol. are you sure you were using a cd-r at first? i didnt kno dvd-recorders could use them. i've personally never used a dvd recorder, but i was planning on getting one soon. however big your disc is means you will record longer. cd's are the shortest, then there are dvds, and dvd dual layers if your recorded supports it.

i would imagine a dazzle would be lower quality. if its done right, a dvd recorded is possibly the best quality you can get for smash recordings. what do you mean by computer recorder? like screen capture and the audio coming out? windows media encoder. one of the devices pre-set up is screen capture then u can configure the audio to your sound card.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
o yes i remember having this problem with an old dazzle of mine. only problem is... i dont remember how i fixed it lol. i havent used dazzle software in years. a sure fire way to fix it though is to record the audio through your mic or line in on ur comp. the vid quality is nice though, which dazzle r u using?
This is the Dazzle I'm using.

Is there just another program I could capture with?
I wouldn't mind downloading a 3rd party software, I just want something that works.

Thanks for the help.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ah r u using a mac? unfortunately i kind of dont know anything about macs lol. if its windows however, use windows media encoder

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Ok I got Pinnacle Studio moviebox Ultimate today. I got it running ok, but the sound lags... A lot. Does anyone else have this hardware that can help me out or does anyone have any good info that could help me out?

I'm using vista 64bit

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
use windows media encoder, if you dont know how to use it, il be writing a guide on it very soon, hopefully today

heytallman

CTALL
OK ChiboSempai, got a tough one for you (most likely tough). I found an LG GSA-5169D external drive earlier today, and the box says it has video capture capabilities. All pumped up, I go to install the stuff to use it. It came with "One Touch DVD." However, upon installation, the program crashes everytime I try to open it. So I tried installing another program that could capture video, and it froze whenever I tried to use the device. I have Windows Vista, which I feel may not recognize this, as this is kinda old (~2006). Is this a hopeless situation? Do you have any idea what to do about this.

Help me ChiboSempai, you're my only hope.

edit: I read your above post about using Windows Media Encoder, and that seems to be working. However, I get no sound. I recorded one video with sound, then tried to record something else, and there was no sound. Halp plox. I await a response.

edit2: Well it appears as though I've figured it out, so disregard this entire post lololol.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
i have an old tv with no video output but im pretty sure it has an audio output. does this mean i cant use a capture card to record brawl? is there a way to record my matches and if so what do i need?

Top Bottom