• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing A Potential Wario Infinite

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
OK, so I had this crazy idea. It's incredibly difficult, but I actually have a really hard time with things like this, so maybe it's doable, and I wanted to see if someone can test it for me.

I can't test it because:

A: I don't have a human player available to test it on
B: I can't do the bair lock. I just can't seem to get the timing down :/

It works on CPUs, but that doesn't mean it's guaranteed.

So if anyone could test, here's my crazy idea.

Step 1: Grab Wario.
2: Air release Wario.
3: Jump and footstool Wario out of grab release (this is the part I don't know if it is guaranteed. Works on CPUs when I tried).
4: Cancel the footstool's momentum with float and immediately drop
5: Land on Wario as he hits the ground with an unsweetspotted bair
6: Either: Bair lock across the entire stage EDIT: OR regrab him as he props up and rinse and repeat.
7: When you near the edge, run past Wario and pivot grab. Rinse and repeat until you can kill with a usmash out of grab release.

Is it at all possible, perchance?

EDIT: Also, if the footstool isn't difficult and bair locking is harder, you could theoretically grab release, footstool, land with bair once, regrab, footstool, etc.

EDIT2: IT WORKS! Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmWWh1z5UDY

There are now multiple methods, some that require testing. Steps 1-4 are the same, but you can either fall into an unsweetspotted bair or nair and then lock him across the stage, OR you can fall with an unsweetspotted bair or nair then regrab, OR you can fall with an autocancelled dair into a grab.

Method shown in the video is much easier than the original idea (Bair lock).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I really don't know. I suppose its a good way to set it up. Edreese said it was very hard and situation to pull it off in general. But I am not sure you can get the bair air lock in time when he hits the floor. By the time you Bair, he could be in his getting up or rolling animation.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I really don't know. I suppose its a good way to set it up. Edreese said it was very hard and situation to pull it off in general. But I am not sure you can get the bair air lock in time when he hits the floor. By the time you Bair, he could be in his getting up or rolling animation.
You can float out of footstool to stop your momentum and fastfall the bair, yes?

It'd be REALLY tight on the timing though.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This would be some craaaaaaaaazy shiz to watch - if this actually works. :psycho:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Idea: Footstool, cancel with float, fall and dair him as he bounces, and regrab out of autocancel.
Not as fancy, but possibly equally effective?

L33T.Peach

Smash Cadet
alright praxypants.
you stole my idea, BUT NEVAR AGAIN! XD
but ill make a video of these soon enough, hopefully by tomorrow at the latest :3

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I posted it sixty seconds before you AIM'd it to me. I WIN!
xD

Anyway yeah, apparently it works guys! So, is Peach a Wario counter? It's a free setup for a Bair lock, and if you can't pull off the bair lock, then you still can CG him across the stage. If you can space the dair to land behind Wario and turn around grab him fast enough, then it's an infinite. L33T, can you test if you can turn around grab Wario?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This... works?

I'll wait to see the video, but wow, makes me think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg with the bair trap. :bee:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
This... works?

I'll wait to see the video, but wow, makes me think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg with the bair trap. :bee:
It works but it's really really hard with bair trap.
According to L33T anyway. He's testing it out for me at his house on AIM.
It's easier if you use autocancelled dair to regrab. Though I don't know if you can turn it around or not.
>-)

EDIT: Third method thanks to Villi: you can probably fall with the unsweetspotted bair, and instead of continuing the Bair lock, run past and pivot grab (since unsweetspotted bair forces him to stand up after the bounce), and start again. I think this works.

Anyway, I'll wait for the vid too. Like I said, no real people to test it on.

Villi

Smash Lord
Yaw, a video.

So I bought a capture card so I could nerd it up. I'll try to make a capture as soon as I learn how. xD

L33T.Peach

Smash Cadet
ive been testing it, and it does work out so far, very good find.
When you get to the end, all oyu have to do is footstool wario off the stage. Before he can recover, you Fastfall down, and you Bair spike him into stage.
(:
I call that the Kurtis R Harris footstool spike on wario infinite..thing.
o.0

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Still waiting on vid... but potentially we can say we have a 0-death combo on Wario?

Awesome.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You people should name it after me, just cause you kids these days all have your signature moves and I don't.

L33T.Peach

Smash Cadet
I dont yet >.<
besides the kurt combo.. but thats an inside joke XD

Ill get a video once my equipment starts working again.

Praxis,
I love this combo.
I envy you.
but sucks for you.
I got daizays booty.
you got peachs. nah nah.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Great find! But is this practical enough to pull off in a match? Wario's all over the place...

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Great find! But is this practical enough to pull off in a match? Wario's all over the place...
Autocancelling fair against shield into jabs or grabs means Peach lands more grabs than most characters. You get a moment of calm to ready yourself once you land the grab, as well. Still, you have to be precise. I dunno :)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Good shout! It's defintely a great find. All I have to say is poor poor wario for all these grab releases > combos =( he started off so well, and now look at him ;D

Villi

Smash Lord
It's not extremely hard with a bit of practice. It takes a long time though. It really might make someone cry as it took over a minute to end a stock, and that's not counting Wario struggling out of your grabs so you can't pummel him as much. The 0-death is being loaded as we speak. You can keep him in roughly the same place with pivot grabs if you really needed to. Then when he's at kill percent, up smash.

Seriously, who spends a minute ****** someone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmWWh1z5UDY Have fun you guys LOL

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
That video is amazing and I love it.
How demoralizing would it be to kill someone with that??

It should work on Battlefield in the middle with pivot grabs, right? Smashville, probably not. Any other nonmoving stages, yep.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Is there anything Niko hasn't supposedly discovered beforehand...?

;) jk man

Rofl poor Wario. So much grab and infinite related junk happens to him. At this rate, someone will find a way to make him unselectable on the Character Selection screen. All those who try to select him after that will get a real life Wario Waft in the face. Fully charged of course

Good find you guys :)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Wario is still really good if someone is really smart with him and avoids grabs. I could never ever grab Futile. However, he stopped playing brawl and every wario i've played since then lets themselves be grabbed pretty easily.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
How many Warios are going to let you guys take them to FD... the only truly reliable place to set this up? :\

I won't lie... I get grabbed from time to time, but I always make sure I'm in the vicinity of a platform when that happens, lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario is still really good if someone is really smart with him and avoids grabs. I could never ever grab Futile. However, he stopped playing brawl and every wario i've played since then lets themselves be grabbed pretty easily.
Now now, U haven't played all the Wario's yet. :0

Although if I come to WCSL on the 17th/18th then we can play. :)

Well this changes things some, I usually do strike FD and the more open neutrals and now I have more incentive to do so lol. If I do get FD, expect a campy Wario if he gets even the tiniest of leads lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Soon wario players will start conterpicking character against peach like the other panzys do.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Now now, U haven't played all the Wario's yet. :0

Although if I come to WCSL on the 17th/18th then we can play. :)

Well this changes things some, I usually do strike FD and the more open neutrals and now I have more incentive to do so lol. If I do get FD, expect a campy Wario if he gets even the tiniest of leads lol.
Yeah, I didn't say all Warios. I just said the ones I play =) We don't play. not even when we are at the same tourney LOL

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Though it's worth noting that Peach has a much easier time getting grabs than most characters, due to the way she can autocancel all her aerials. Even if you shield a fair you're still gonna get grabbed.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Yeah, I didn't say all Warios. I just said the ones I play =) We don't play. not even when we are at the same tourney LOL
I honestly wont get grabbed by you much now that I know about this lol. I usually ban fd anyway against u haha. I took peach as a safer matchup in the first place. As a side note, I have some theories that I might use to escape this. Edrees, drive over here lol

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I honestly wont get grabbed by you much now that I know about this lol. I usually ban fd anyway against u haha. I took peach as a safer matchup in the first place. As a side note, I have some theories that I might use to escape this. Edrees, drive over here lol
Do you want to try to test it out at winter game fest? Dude you should drive HERE, lets see if it works. hehe

Niko_K

Smash Master
Praxis, naming things after yourself is ridiculously gay. Though I still love you <3

Glide tossing isn't Niko tossing lololol.

Top Bottom