• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKAY FIAH! ~ Ness MU Discussion [INDEX PAGE + Various Discussions]

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Wait, how is PK Fire good against Yoshi again??????? You do realize he has heavy armor frames on his DJ right? I mean at best, it will score two-three hits, and even then he can simply jump out of it. There really isn't anything to PK Fire except spacing techs and an approach method. It's not too bad, but it's job is pretty much overshadowed by an even better move in Ness's moveset (PKT).

It bothers me when people use powershielding as "something you should do". Why not just revise the list and make it

1. Powershield everything.

/pedant
Grabs can't be powershielded :p.

Eh, the powershield is something everyone can do. Only character-exclusive advantages should only be included in matches. It works for advice though.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Reading and going through the discussion again, I''ll take that pk fire part out.

I will say that though anyone can DI, then jump out of Pk Fire, but for heavy weights its harder to do so and getting hit an aerial one by a lagless aerial Pk Fire might get some dmg at low %.

Though it will be seen coming unless done unexpectedly or like you said, for spacing or an approach I suppose. Just my thoughts on it.

In any case though, my thoughts on it theoretical, ill take it out.

The.End

Smash Cadet
V.s. Yoshi:
-> Most yoshi's often use the egg camp technique- which usually involves them staying on the other side of the stage, or shooting eggs from the ledge. In order to avoid this, you could shield to block them and approach with caution. I wouldn't really recommend using PKThunder to attack them from far because it will take you longer to hit them, then it would to hit you, and they can punish you for that.
-> Do not stay below yoshi, when off the stage, some Yoshis like to spike.
-> Try and punish them for using the pounding attack (downB) PK fire for example.
-> Also note that using the BackAir usually helps to break projectiles that aren't too bad, i'm not sure, since i haven't tried this out yet, but maybe try Bairing the eggs to approach?
-> The yoshis i've played usually use an Up air when you are at high % and above them, so it's not good to stay above them at high %s. Stay away from the upAir!
-> Over all, i'd say that it's a pretty even match up- they both have some good attacks that can be used, but Yoshi can outcamp Ness- not that Ness should be camping in the first place. Ness' Fair and Nair come out pretty fast compared to Yoshi's aerials so perhaps you could use that to your advantage.
I've only played a few skilled yoshis, but that's about all i can think of, that i was watching for, when playing them.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Yes, pivot grab is both very quick and has a long range... it outranges (as far as i know) all of ness's attacks. Yes, including PK Fire. JK :) Only outranges his melee attacks, of course.

And also Ness's fair might outrange Yoshi's bair, but not by a lot.

Nice name, Man of Popsicle XD I love those commercials!

D

Deleted member

me and burntsocks played on saturday (He's the best Yoshis in California at least) and I beat him 2-1. Some of the most intense, epic matches of the whole day. It's either even or in Ness's favor, I'm thinking even.
=D

Oky, i think its slightly in nesses favor:

Yoshi is pretty good at camping ness, and yoshi can do solidly defensively vs ness. Ness is kinda easy to combo, cuz his dair is slow to come out, and his nair doesnt protect him bottom. However, once you makes a mistake, hes gonna pay. Badly. If ness get the momentum, hes reaaaly hard to stop.
Me vs vice grip last match:
He is at high percent 2nd stock i just got killed.
He gets momentum, off a pk fire i think. I get 2 stocked because i take about 100 damage before setting the match back to neutral.

turnaround egg lays **** ness tho, no doubt =)
Ness' nair OOS ***** yoshi harder =P

id say 4.5-5.5 or 4-6
Dunnoz.

Skyler, dont read this, i dont want any SD nesses to be able to defeat me =P

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
Who's next on the list after Yoshi?
I think it should be Dedede because I'm a little confused about that matchup

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
I would like to do Dedede too, I remember when we where discussing him that everyone felt it was definitely in his advantage, and I still disagree. ):

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Looks like everyone is in favor of Dedede, why not just get him out of the way now?
But IMO it's 0 - 100, Ness's favor cuz PK Tunda is super effective.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
me and burntsocks played on saturday (He's the best Yoshis in California at least) and I beat him 2-1. Some of the most intense, epic matches of the whole day. It's either even or in Ness's favor, I'm thinking even.
he's only the best yoshi in california 8 months out of the year :p

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well, Utilt, even at low percentages, can be a problem for Ness.
I'd worry more about that than DDD's bair.

Shaky

Smash Ace
Did we discuss Diddy yet? ( I can't find the page where we discussed him)

_clinton

Smash Master
Nair and Fair are life savers for when it comes to catching bananas...as well as the Dash attack somewhat...my advice is to just throw them up into the air as high as you can...or at least away from Diddy somehow...because he is better by far with them then you are...

Diddy's Dash attack leads into his smashes very well as well...because it has 0 cool down time...so watch out for that...

Gimp wise I feel Ness wins...PK Thunder sort of ****s the barrel jet pack...as well as his side special...just note that a free flying jet pack to the face sucks...

His air game has some kill moves as well...

Uffe

Smash Hero
For Diddy Kong, it's 55:45 or 60:40 in his favor. I fought a few Diddy Kong's, some more difficult than others. It's the Bananas that make him tough. Without them, he's ****.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
If the bananas are the only thing that makes Diddy have an advantage, I question the other things he has. I mean those can be picked up easily through nair, fair, bair, and dash attack. I'm not too sure about Diddy though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
How is Ness's glide toss? Can he do some "combos" against Diddy this way?

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Ness' glide toss is not much compared to Diddy's

Also...
It's the Bananas that make him tough. Without them, he's ****.
This is half true. Banana's do make Diddy a tough opponent, but it doesn't mean without them he will suck. It really depends on how smart the Diddy plays. Diddy doesn't need bananas to win... but this doesn't matter because Diddy can pull out bananas even if you throw them away. However, you can play keep-away with Diddy's bananas... but they will eventually disappear, and Diddy can pull out new ones

Gaussis

Smash Ace
It's better to DJC throw the bananas (or any item really) since they give you the momentum of a PK Jump.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I thought it was agreed upon in the Ike Match-up numbers listing that Ike and Ness are even?

Remember when you said a grab release jab was not enough of a reason to give Ike a slight advantage?

Guess not.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I'd say that Diddy has the advantage. I've played a few Ness's and there aren't many things that Ness can do. I'd say that Ness needs to use his aerials in this match and try to stay off the ground counterpick stages with platforms.

PK-Fire is annoying

Gimp wise I feel Ness wins...PK Thunder sort of ****s the barrel jet pack...as well as his side special...just note that a free flying jet pack to the face sucks...

The PK-Thunder strategy isn't that practical, mainly because Ness won't have the time to reach him with the projectile. Plus, Diddy can use his side-B to be less predictable in the air. I haven't played tons of Ness's, but Diddy is rarely gimped.

In terms of being gimped, be aware of Diddy. He has decent aerials and 2 spikes.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I thought it was agreed upon in the Ike Match-up numbers listing that Ike and Ness are even?

Remember when you said a grab release jab was not enough of a reason to give Ike a slight advantage?

Guess not.
Wait what????? When did this happen? Ness vs Ike is definitely in Ness's favor. But I'll do this another time.

The PK-Thunder strategy isn't that practical, mainly because Ness won't have the time to reach him with the projectile. Plus, Diddy can use his side-B to be less predictable in the air. I haven't played tons of Ness's, but Diddy is rarely gimped.
It's not the head Ness will use. It's the tail. Proper use of the tail will force Diddy downward as he uses his Barrel Boost. But that's insignificant if he still has his Monkey Flip.

In terms of being gimped, be aware of Diddy. He has decent aerials and 2 spikes.
Nothing to really force Ness to recover in awkward ways. It's average really. I would like to know the second spike though. :confused:

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I don't see how it's anywhere in Diddy Kong's favor...

Ness' Aerials over run a lot of his. Ness can gimp Diddy Kong. Diddy may have good aerials but Ness' are better. Diddy kong can gimp too, but he doesn't necessary

A long ranged dash attack combined with bananas is a useful tool that Ness has in this match up.

Ness' Glide toss is slightly below average but his ranged dash attack makes up for the distance you don't go.

Grounded Ness can dash attack yo yo grab that's like all you need grounded anyway. It's a great combination for throwing Diddy off. Grab the banana and you can land all of these with quite a bit of ease.

I'm pretty sure it's like 60-40 or 55-45 Ness advantage.

Ness will also be using Aerials mostly so that's kinda hard for Diddy to deal with at times.

You guys have been playing quite a bit of Wifi, on wifi you can't shield anything so I want you guys to throw out any wifi experience you have in this match up.

Ike vs. Ness is even for the most part the slight advantage goes to either side depending on how you look at it.

_clinton

Smash Master
I'd say that Diddy has the advantage. I've played a few Ness's and there aren't many things that Ness can do. I'd say that Ness needs to use his aerials in this match and try to stay off the ground counterpick stages with platforms.

PK-Fire is annoying
Ness enjoys the air anyway...be aware that PK Thunder is by far more annoying then PK Fire...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Wait what????? When did this happen? Ness vs Ike is definitely in Ness's favor. But I'll do this another time.

It's not the head Ness will use. It's the tail. Proper use of the tail will force Diddy downward as he uses his Barrel Boost. But that's insignificant if he still has his Monkey Flip.

Nothing to really force Ness to recover in awkward ways. It's average really. I would like to know the second spike though. :confused:
The second spike is the rocket barrel spike when your under it when diddy does it.

Btw when i'm against ness his arieals just **** diddy's banana game. Its wiser for diddy to do the opposite if he wants to win. Once diddy stops using his bananas and starts predicting your arieals you need to stop and switch your strategy around a bit.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I believe Diddy's two spikes lie in his dair and below the launch of his up b.

Note, holding one banana for as long as safely possible limits the amount he can use against you. Though it prevents you from using aerials it can come in handy sometimes.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ike doesn't win any matchups except for vs. ganon and c.falcon. Just shield against him and you win. WOW HARD.

Diddy is gay with bananas. Personally I catch them with airdodging. I throw them at him using djc item throw, but if he's way better than me at using them I jump up and throw them upwards so he can't use them, and he can't pull any more out of his ***. Diddy is incredibly easy to spike if he uses his up-b. His side-b is hard for me to edgeguard, but I never try to edgeguard using pk fire.

Uffe

Smash Hero
This is half true. Banana's do make Diddy a tough opponent, but it doesn't mean without them he will suck. It really depends on how smart the Diddy plays. Diddy doesn't need bananas to win... but this doesn't matter because Diddy can pull out bananas even if you throw them away. However, you can play keep-away with Diddy's bananas... but they will eventually disappear, and Diddy can pull out new ones
Diddy Kong's smashes come out quick and his aerial game is fairly good versus Ness', but the main thing any Diddy Kong main ever uses is Bananas. Now I'm not saying that Diddy Kong needs his Bananas to win, but it would surely change around the match up if he didn't have them. Right now as far as his metagame goes, Diddy Kong relies on his Bananas a lot.

I don't see how it's anywhere in Diddy Kong's favor...

Ness' Aerials over run a lot of his. Ness can gimp Diddy Kong. Diddy may have good aerials but Ness' are better. Diddy kong can gimp too, but he doesn't necessary

A long ranged dash attack combined with bananas is a useful tool that Ness has in this match up.

Ness' Glide toss is slightly below average but his ranged dash attack makes up for the distance you don't go.

Grounded Ness can dash attack yo yo grab that's like all you need grounded anyway. It's a great combination for throwing Diddy off. Grab the banana and you can land all of these with quite a bit of ease.

I'm pretty sure it's like 60-40 or 55-45 Ness advantage.

Ness will also be using Aerials mostly so that's kinda hard for Diddy to deal with at times.

You guys have been playing quite a bit of Wifi, on wifi you can't shield anything so I want you guys to throw out any wifi experience you have in this match up.

Ike vs. Ness is even for the most part the slight advantage goes to either side depending on how you look at it.
If you're saying that Ness has a slight advantage over Diddy Kong, then perhaps you should throw me a few pointers via PM. Because I've been looking for ways of winning against Diddy Kong and I done one method that worked really good, but failed the other time I fought my friends Diddy Kong.

Top Bottom