• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKAY FIAH! ~ Ness MU Discussion [INDEX PAGE + Various Discussions]

_clinton

Smash Master
I'm far too lazy to give more than a -1 to 1 range, the +- minus to 4 range would be done after the +- 1 range

milesg2g

Smash Champion
IMO

Mario:1
Luigi:0
Peach:0
Bowser:1
DK:-1
Diddy:0
Yoshi:0
Wario:-1
Link:1
Zelda:1
Sheik:-1
Ganon:1
Tink:-1
Samus:1
Zamus:1
Pit:0
IC:-1
Rob:0
Kirby:-1
MK:-1
D3:-1
Olimar:-1
Fox:1
Falco:-1
Wolf:-1
Captain:1
Pikachu:0
Squirtle:-1
Ivysaur:1
Charzard:-1
Lucario:0
Jigglypuff:1
Marth:-1
Ike:-1
Ness:0
Lucas:1
G&W:-1
Snake:-1
Sonic:0

I don't know how to really agree w/ this because we as a group haven't really discussed this. Not to mention 3 options to chose from is sorta bad. However, I do think it maybe better than Ratio's lol

EDIT: Oh wowww I just saw your other post, I thought it was -4-4 lol. Someone told me it was -4-4 but I only saw yours lol. I'll change my post later then lol

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
IMO for the scale of -1 to 1, -1 to all except lucas, ganon, samus, Yoshi, ... Idk.

Make it seem like we're a huge underdog. xD

_clinton

Smash Master
-1 to 1 is good for the simple fact that we don't even have a complete list of match ups anyway, I mean we can't even agree on one thing.

I most certainly for example already don't agree with Miles list and even my list is changing all the time.

So something like this is good for now IMO, it allows it to be simplified until later. Later we can talk about how much of a plus or minus we have.

Plus the -1 to 1 ratio can be expanded on easily for why that is there, I mean check out Mario.

1:
-Mario has faster air moves than you, speed wise he has more short hop double aerial options for example, his Nair is just as good as a GTFO option as Ness' is for example and it has the plus of coming out 1 frame faster.
-Mario gimps you better than you gimp him, % wise he lives in the same range as you.
+Ness can force Mario to approach, fireballs are super easy to absorb and have the plus of restoring an ok amount as well.
+Ness' projectiles are overall less annoying to Mario than some other characters, Mario can FLUDD them, and reflect them even when trapped in something like a pillar. Still at least you don't have much to risk with use of them beyond being FLUDDed off the stage lol, so you just have to be smarter when playing them.
+Ness' air range beats Mario's range IIRC
+KO wise overall I'd say Ness' options win. Mario's you just have to make sure you don't run into them because for respectable ones at ok % they are all smash attacks but overall they have more good traits than bad at least.

Feel free to add and disagree with this.

Top Bottom