• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mizuumi Con results

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So first things first: I want to apologize for the fact that this tournament could have been way bigger, but there was a lot of misinformation between Gamelot and the convention, and while things worked out in the end (good turnout, lots of money, lots of tvs, Gamelot got paid for supplying all the TVs) this could have been much bigger if I wasn't getting told faulty information. I stressed out hardcore in the morning, but in the end this ended up being a pretty fun day.

PS sorry about the con being gay and kicking us out early. The flyer clearly said until midnight, then OLLU started saying that only applied to the dance.

Anyways, on to the results:

Brawl Singles:

1: Infinity ($301.00) :kirby: / :metaknight:
2: Espy ($86.00) :sonic:
3: Sethlon ($43.00):shiek:
4: Hylian
5: TakeUrLife
5: Phantom X
7: Mandingo
7: Phoenix Alpha
9: Popertop
9: MorningStar
9: Kalo
9: Ethan
13: Jadedlink
13: Esca
13: CY
13: Deviation
17: Tune
17: Nike
17: Chaotic
17: Slim
17: Rempy
17: K Dawg
17: Drake
17: ...
25: Doosh
25: Josh Romero
25: Jebus
25: UBNUB
25: PyleDriver
25: Smexy
25: ADMJP
25: Mike R
33: Foss
33: Omega
33: PK Tactics
33: Oli
33: FTP
33: Suspect
33: OniBaku
33: Reznor
33: White Mike
33: N Face
33: NIU
33: SRSC@
33: Ico
33: Jose Navarro

All is Brawl link coming soon.

Street Fighter IV:

1: DarkMeltdown ($87.00)
2: Masterer Betty ($43.50)
3: Pozerwolf ($14.50)
4: The Legendary Goku
5: Antzer
5: Ramin
7: Spin4u
7: Mexiwont
9: Speedevee
9: Lightmare
9: Oscar
9: Nhem Lee
13: PK
13: Mike XR
13: Nori
13: Senor Vader

Soul Calibur IV and Melee was run by different people and I'm waiting on results from them.

Melee top 3

1. Xelic
2. Bluezaft
3. DoH

Xelic and Bluezaft were on their 4th match grand frinals when the owners started kicking everyone out. And there was 14ish entrants I think.

Shout outs:

Infinity:
Great job on first, especially using a new character for the most part. Never let anyone tell you to not play a certain character. Works for Espy ;). Good times chilling out at Pizza Hut and Nike's, and I'm glad that you still decided to come down to San Antonio instead of PBT (Although after all your stories about KirbyKid I completely understand why). You and the rest of Dallas are always welcome in my city.

Espy:OMG he used a chilidog to power up! It's the source of your true power! You really might as well try to eat one before every tournament :laugh: but having indigestion during a match would really suck. Eventually people will start recognize you're good, although maybe you ought to try something different like Infinity and Sethlon and branch out just to see how you will do. As always, you're a blast just to chill out with cuz you always have something to talk about. Keep up the good play.

Sethlon: Ya know usually we have something planned to do during the tournament that we never get to do cuz we are both so busy but this time we didn't :confused: Although that's fine, one less thing to be disappointed about.... though Guilty Gear would be nice cept I would still **** you :p Let's play Blazblue when it comes out on console this summer.

Hylian: OMG got beaten by Phoenix Alpha HOLD THE PHONE PEOPLE. j/k lol. We had some crazy team matches at Nike's, lets do them again when we aren't all exhausted :p And get a **** phone! Also make sure to tell DuggFin to call me.

TakeUrLife, Esca, CY, Popertop, AKA Beaumont crew: thanks for showing up last minute, made the tournament much more fun. BTW I think... esca? Asked me why I don't go to Houston.

Um I don't actually play Brawl and the only thing I really am playing that's new is SF4. But I'm going to Anime Matsuri/WHOBO so I will be up there very soon. Also... not having a Wii (I can't really justify a console purchase with only one game I even have a remote interest in) kinda hurts me playing Brawl anyways.

Also Houston usually is bad luck for me (ask anyone about San Antonio's trip to Tomball :()

Phantom X: god**** you make Wario so much fun to watch :psycho:

Mandingo: Who the hell is this guy? Came out of nowhere and tore up some people, seriously.

Phoenix Alpha: OMG HOW DID YOU BEAT HYLIAN??? YOU CAN'T JUST BEAT HYLIAN! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! HE'S THE M2K OF TEXAS (except when M2K is IN TEXAS)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(lol good job, you had everyone gasping. Good stuff being the apparent underdog in everyone's eyes and proving them wrong)

MorningStar: more dead baby jokes plz

Ethan: you funny looking curly haired mutha****er get the **** outta here (I dunno I felt like leaving u a shoutout but didn't know what to say)

Nike: Thanks for housing everyone (again) and of course thanks for the ride home. And play another character! I hate Marth lol nah I need the Marth pratice, since he is the mosquito counterpick :(

Slim: What the hell ma *****! U talked trash AGAIN AND GOT TORE UP! Maybe next time that'll teach you to not request your match ahead of others!

Rempy: Thank you for being way more patient than that first Gamelot Monthly I remember you from.

...Shin Ike: Try sticking to one tag plz

Doosh: Man what a doosh.

If I recall.....

Me: CY vs Doosh!

Some guy;) Oh look it's a mirror match!

Suspect: ya know you've actually been considered 3rd best in San Antonio according to us cool kids who went to Pizza Hut after the tournament :suess:

SRSC@
:
you deserve an extra special shoutout for helping me out tremendously with the bracket. Couldn't have done this tournament without, and I would love to have you at my future tournaments.

Melee players:

Xelic: thanks for surprising me again by showing up, I didn't even know you knew about the tournament. We had a stupid but still really fun set.

DoH: Why do I have to play you in like every other tournament? Thank you for providing your laptop yet again, and when you can send me the full results.

Bluezaft:
stop being emozaft

UTSA Peeps: Thanks for coming although none of you will read this >.> Kevin our set was amazing. I was actually worried I might lose in the last match after you got off nair to knee.

Forkgirl: Thanks for OH WAIT YOU DIDN'T COME.

That's all for now, pics will be posted by Nike later. Thanks for coming!

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Overall fun tournament. I learned a lot, met some cool people, played Smash, etc.

1: Infinity ($301.00) You aren't the first person to say I look like a Who. >_> Congrats on winning. I'd like to friendly you sometime.

2: Espy ($86.00) You were top dog for most of the tournament. I saw that set where you sent Infinity to losers and I have to say you're inhuman.

3: Sethlon ($43.00) Throw needles at it.

5: TakeUrLife - Lol, Double Ganon vs. The Amazing Hawari Bros.. too fun.

5: Phantom X - Same as above. You called me the worst Snake ever. D:

7: Mandingo - Good job.

13: Esca - You helped me out with the Pit match up immensely, thanks. :D Our set was super fun, though I already told you that. :] That Joker texture hack made me splooge.

13: CY - You Falco's effin' hard, dude. Good games.

17: Chaotic - I really didn't think I'd do good on Norfair. :p You're awesome.

25: Jebus - You were doing things with Sonic I've never seen before, even after playing Espy like 74 times. Interesting stuff.

33: Suspect - *****. :/ Mothereffin' MKs... effin up our lives.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Suspect 33rd?

What happened?

And no "better players" johns cause both Slim and Morning AND Ethan did better than you.

I had wedding johns so I couldn't make it.

CHAOTIC.....I'm sorry I missed ya brah. :( You need to come down here more often.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Overall fun tournament. I learned a lot, met some cool people, played Smash, etc.

1: Infinity ($301.00) You aren't the first person to say I look like a Who. >_> Congrats on winning. I'd like to friendly you sometime.

2: Espy ($86.00) You were top dog for most of the tournament. I saw that set where you sent Infinity to losers and I have to say you're inhuman.

3: Sethlon ($43.00) Throw needles at it.

5: TakeUrLife - Lol, Double Ganon vs. The Amazing Hawari Bros.. too fun.

5: Phantom X - Same as above. You called me the worst Snake ever. D:

7: Mandingo - Good job.

13: Esca - You helped me out with the Pit match up immensely, thanks. :D Our set was super fun, though I already told you that. :] That Joker texture hack made me splooge.

13: CY - You Falco's effin' hard, dude. Good games.

17: Chaotic - I really didn't think I'd do good on Norfair. :p You're awesome.

25: Jebus - You were doing things with Sonic I've never seen before, even after playing Espy like 74 times. Interesting stuff.

33: Suspect - *****. :/ Mothereffin' MKs... effin up our lives.
You know I love you and I was just **** talking cuz we were double ganons :p

I'll shoutout a bit later today.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Oh your too kind :D

shout outs coming later. Me and infinity are watching serious cat make stages :D

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
1st of all greyfox you were not there so you dont know wtf you are talking about.

I had hylian 1st round. REALLY close 1st match, bad cp on me then i lost.

Then i had Slim in losers who did about 100 (yes i counted) shuttle loops in 2 matches, ask anyone in the crowd (yes there was a crowd) that saw it. Even Slim admitted that he was gonna play cheap. DMK on steriods.

And slim, morning, ethan, AND nike20 all had easier brackets. So i really dont need to hear your mouth especially if you were not there.

Me getting last doesnt bother me at all tho. I had fun there and fun friendlies.

And Kyle what are you talking about. Who did u go to with pizza hut? im glad yall THOUGHT lol i was the 3rd best but im not.

Chaotic-nice to see you again man I MISSED YA! We only played one match tho, told u i got better ;)

Esca- So i guess you decide to tell xyro im not that good after i beat u like 3times...i know im not that good compared to some of the out of town people but i just dont know why you would say that >_>

PhantomX- Why is wario so hard to beat :(

Hylian- I actually really enjoyed that match we had. Palms sweaty lol until the **** on brinstar >_>

Kalobear- YOU CAME! even tho u were all tired, lmao @ you and ethan trash talking.

admjp- fun friendlies man :) sorry i had to leave, i told hylian to tell you not to get that food. If u still got it ill pay u back next time i see you

infinity- hope u enjoyed the butterfinger lol

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
1st of all greyfox you were not there so you dont know wtf you are talking about.

Then i had Slim in losers who did about 100 (yes i counted) shuttle loops in 2 matches, ask anyone in the crowd (yes there was a crowd) that saw it. Even Slim admitted that he was gonna play cheap. DMK on steriods.

And slim, morning, ethan, AND nike20 all had easier brackets. So i really dont need to hear your mouth especially if you were not there.
But Esca 2 stocked Slim and then I had to fight Esca. Aside from not playing Hylian, I don't think I had an easier bracket than you.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Didnt you face some scrub yoshi 1st round?

and hylian is better than esca.

im not gonna complain about my bracket, but it was harder seeing with what i had to deal with.

edit: Kyle post the bracket please

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Aaaaaaaaah, Take got 5th! He's so good now, but when I last played him he was a sad panda...

I want to play you take. :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

Me getting last doesnt bother me at all tho. I had fun there and fun friendlies.

And Kyle what are you talking about. Who did u go to with pizza hut? im glad yall THOUGHT lol i was the 3rd best but im not.
Yeah u had a pretty hard bracket, that i do agree. I didn't know Slim went Meta on yo ***. Guess he decided Wario wasn't viable anymore.

The cool kids consist of Infinity, srs cat, nike, phantom, espy, Hylian, jadedlink, adjmp I think? Basically Austin and Dallas went to Pizza Hut and we hung out at Nike's afterwards.

I didn't get home until 5 this morning :psycho:

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
@ Suspt. No, that was later on in the tourney. I fought some chaingrabbing D3 first round.

I wasn't comparing Esca to Hylian, I was saying Esca beat Slim, even though his MK was playing gay.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Yeah u had a pretty hard bracket, that i do agree. I didn't know Slim went Meta on yo ***. Guess he decided Wario wasn't viable anymore.

The cool kids consist of Infinity, srs cat, nike, phantom, espy, Hylian, jadedlink, adjmp I think? Basically Austin and Dallas went to Pizza Hut and we hung out at Nike's afterwards.

I didn't get home until 5 this morning :psycho:
Yall think im the 3rd best? cool. but im not lol

@ Suspt. No, that was later on in the tourney. I fought some chaingrabbing D3 first round.

I wasn't comparing Esca to Hylian, I was saying Esca beat Slim, even though his MK was playing gay.
Im sure that D3 wasnt as good as mine, seeing as mine gives u trouble. Esca has a better diddy kong then me and watched the match i had with slim so he knew how he would play. If i had won i would of played Esca myself.

Take was doing amazing this tournament... and we WRECKED FACE as double ganons.
Yes yall did :(

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
PX, we were ****** yall in that falcon/ganon mirror match.

I now realize that my mindset is so different when im playing friendlies that i play so much better.
Im gonna work on that.

Mentality training... GO!

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Yall think im the 3rd best? cool. but im not lol

Im sure that D3 wasnt as good as mine, seeing as mine gives u trouble. Esca has a better diddy kong then me and watched the match i had with slim so he knew how he would play. If i had won i would of played Esca myself.
Yeah, your D3 was much better than his. I think your D3 is one of your best characters, personally. I wasn't trying to insinuate anything, my ***. I just felt like you were undermining me so I felt an obligation to defend myself.

I still heart you more than macking on cupcakes. :]

Nike.

Smash Hero
Shout Outs :D

Infinity: sooooo many good memories from this. those kirby dittos are the best. i should learn to powershield lol. come down again for me!

SeriousCat: same dude. i wanna play some matches with you againand learn how to kill those **** weddle dees better! Stupid cpu's FTW!

Espy: you have really stepped it up. i never get why sonic is low tier when i watch you play. and majorrr good **** for on beating "3000" (kalo). And you even convirted Xyro. You BETTER do well in WHOBO

Charles: "You have one of the best Lucario's in the country!" ;D

Hylian: Pizza hut and my house was awesomee! Thank you SOOO much for the nerd :D And melee was a blast, most fun i had during the whole day. We're banning PK Stadium and staying on FD next time ;D

Morningstar: I HAVEEEE to learn how to play Snake. Even Ethan switched in our 2nd match and my heart just dropped. Wish we hung out more. Sorry you played CY's falco so early :(

Ethan: You ***** me so hxc. Gotta get you back somehow!

Suspect: Same dude! You 2 always come out on top! Arggg *runs back to melee*

Kyle: Sorry about how you got alot of stuff dumped on you D: we should play more melee

Phantom: Thanks for coming over. Pizza hut in the ghetto is the best :D

Other guy with Austin: I never got your name D: it was good to see you though

Sethlon: Your Roy should **** me more. And I like how 2 days after your taken off the PR list, you come out on 3rd here. Good ****

Santi/Dojo: About a dozen times I randomly heard ppl being sad that you guys werent there D: Good job placing at PTB!

Beaumont: It was pretty cool of you guys to come down.

Esca: I was laughing at your expression when Slim paused the game that second match to look at ZSS. It was too good!

Rest if Dallas: Come down next time!!!!!

Melee People: You guys were awesome!
DoH: "go play your match!"
Me: "Who am I playing?"
DoH: "The asian guy with glasses"
*walks to the tv and sees 4 asians, all wearing glasses*

Pizza Hut after the tourny was a blast. I really wanna get slumdog millionaire now! Pics shall be up in a little bit

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
When there aren't a billion Metas in a tournament, take does extremely well. Too bad he won't get that luxury again.

Poor take. I understand his hate for Meta now. :(

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
@Sus: No excuses and I don't have to be there if your telling me.
You should know MK cause your ALWAYS playing against one.
Slim ain't worth nothing. He even told you what he was gonna do.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Actually, SA doesnt have too many meta's. Just spammy ones on occasion. Just give it a rest already, guys.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Top 8 characters for Ankoku:

Infinity: MK/Kirby
Espy: Sonic
Sethlon: Shiek
Hylian: Game&Watch
TakeurLife: Marth
PhantomX: Wario
Mandingo: Snake
PheonixAlpha: Lucas

Edit: Nike is amazing <3.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Yeah, your D3 was much better than his. I think your D3 is one of your best characters, personally. I wasn't trying to insinuate anything, my ***. I just felt like you were undermining me so I felt an obligation to defend myself.

I still heart you more than macking on cupcakes. :]
<3

@Sus: No excuses and I don't have to be there if your telling me.
You should know MK cause your ALWAYS playing against one.
Slim ain't worth nothing. He even told you what he was gonna do.
um no im not always playing one, you act like slim is some scrub, he did place pretty well back when he used to go to tournys. He is better than you and now he uses a mk that is similiar to dmk's. He didnt tell me what he was gonna do, he started doing it in the match and i looked at him and asked him (towards the end) "Is that all you are going to do?"

I really dont need you of all people to contradict my placing.

To end all this. Everyone in SA knows about good i am so who cares what i placed.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oh. No wonder everyone made a big deal out of you losing to him >.>

Lucas........... seems like a good character but rarely ever places.
No, Lucas is pretty bad lol.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
No, Lucas is pretty bad lol.
By seems, I refer to people that are all over his ballz. There are bad characters, and then there are bad characters that have fanboys trying to defend them to the bitter end.

Lucas is one of those characters.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I should have gone to this tournament lol. Oh well I still had fun at PBT.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
im not even johning, i said i had fun and wasnt gonna complain. All that was me arguing because some one thought it would be cool to point out i got last

so troll moar

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
@Sus: Hey no point in hiding boyo. I'm right here. Just say my name.

And I don't care whether you got last or 9th. Just the fact that you lost to a scrubby MK baffled me.

clowsui

Smash Legend
wow i want videos of sethlon's sheik
how is he placing so well with such a ****ty character?

maybe she's not so bad after all >)

/sheik secondary

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Espy saved the replay of my set vs him, dunno if/when he plans on putting them up.

Shout outs later when I stop being lazy =P

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
@grey- that mk wasnt really scrubby, you're the only scrubby mk i've ever played and everyone saw how that ended. so once again just mind ur bizness

@everyone else making a big deal out of nothing- yea fallback, even the mod above me

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy saved the replay of my set vs him, dunno if/when he plans on putting them up.

Shout outs later when I stop being lazy =P
I'm currently not at home, but I'll be putting them up sometime today or tomorrow.

Seth's Sheik is amazing. Too fun to play.

Shout outs later too.

Xelic

Smash Ace
****. G-reg ****ing ***** me from OoS. Murder.

Shoutouts:

Espy - Badass badass, that's what you are.
Ahn - It's nice to play good Samuses that don't just camp all over the place, so thanks for that.
Kyle - Teehee. =D
Landon - WRECK!
Chris - WRECK!

Pizza Hut crew - Lots of fun guys. I don't know who any of you are. GG.

Weirdest tournament ever. I won with Sheik, and never played on the winner's side of the bracket. >_>

<3

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
@grey- that mk wasnt really scrubby, you're the only scrubby mk i've ever played and everyone saw how that ended. so once again just mind ur bizness
Lol, I've never said that I wasn't scrubby.

Ya need to stop being like Gness and be you.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
says the person trying to be like espy

Anyways, i forgot some shout outs.

OLLU- Yall got some good *** nachos

Random Cosplay Person- that was pretty brave to come over to us and tell us we were geeks with no life >_>

Top Bottom