• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Brawler 4, A Community Mod Project

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm not a programmer but I really like Street Fighter 4. I think we have the tools to make SSBB like street fighter 4 as close as possible. This would be an insanely fun mod and would get the street fighter community to start playing Brawl

I have already thought of every code we would need. IF you can make codes please do join :)

If you think of any new codes we would need just say so.

He are all of the following codes I have thought of for the first beta version:

Get rid of the following animations/moves because they just aren't in street fighter:

Air Dodge
Double Jump
Short hop
Running Animation(You can still dash but you can't run after the initial dash)
Turning around animation(People automatically move back and forth there is no turnaround animation)
Crawling
Spot Dodge
Roll left or right
Tech Roll left
Tech Roll Right
U-throw
D-throw
Grab Hit
Grab release
holding a button to shield
Dash attack
Jumping out of a dash
Rapid hit Jabs(Like Falco's spinning jab attack)

Add the following:

-Make the game a little faster

-Make everyone fall a little faster

-whenever you do an attack the game makes it so your facing your opponent while doing it.

-When you jump you automatically fast fall

-everyone has three jumping animations that have set momentum, Jump straight up, jump forward, and jump backwards,(You can't change your aerial momentum by holding left or right on the control stick)

-add more shield stun and a little more hitstun

-you have to press forward twice on the control stick to do a forward dash

-If you press back twice on the control stick you do a backwards roll that acts like a backwards dash, it only has invincibility on the first few frames though unlike a normal backwards roll

-If two people grab within 5 frames of eachother's grab the grab breaks.

-If you take 70% damage without hitting your opponent your shield breaks and you get put into the shield break animation

-If you are pressing your control stick away from your opponent and he inputs any attack you automatically shield upward(this makes it so low attacks can still get through)

-If you are pressing your control stick down and away from your opponent and he inputs an attack you will automatically shield downward.(This makes it so if your opponent comes from above and attacks you will get hit, youll have to know when to block high, and when to black low)

-Infinite shields so they never shrink.

-Make the shield invisible so it looks like characters are blocking with their body's

-all aerial attacks like F-air have automatically no landing lag besides the automatic 2 or4 frames a normal land has

-If you are in the air you can only do one attack before land(I.E. If you were MK and jumped and U-aired you'd have to hit the ground before you could do anything else

-If you are in the air and get hit you can't do any attack or animation until you land

-You can't be grabbed when airborne unless it is a command grab like Bowser's Forward-B

-IF you grab someone you automatically throw forward

-If you hold back and then grab someone you automatically throw them backwards

-If thrown you automatically hit the ground, you can't tech it. Once you hit the ground you automatically stand up.

-If you hit the ground and don't tech you automatically stand up(this gives the opportunity for cross ups and such)

- Both the stand up animations and tech stand up animations have full invincibility until you can move(this gives the opportunity for cross ups and such)

-Once you reach 75% you glow and receive your final smash. In order to use your final smash you have to input quarter circle forward with the control stick and then press B. This is to emulate Ultra's from SF4

The following code is very important:

Every time one of your grounded attack hitboxes hits your opponent or his shield sheik's UP-B wind push back hitbox falls out of your hitbox and pushes both you and your opponent away from each other.(By grounded hitbox I mean a grounded attack. That means that when you hit someone with an aerial like a F-air, sheik's up-B push-Box won't come out)

This code will make it so no infinites are possible(Like G&W's D-Tilt wall lock)

Codes to be added later:

-Move decay that rapidly increases during a combo, and resets instantly once the combo is broken.

F-Smash acts as like a Focus attack. IT has three stages and third is unblockable. The second and third stage make you do a slow tripping animation.

-The third stage would be a F-Smash fully charged

-The first stage would be a F-smash with no charge

-You are vulnerable during this tripping animation and can be hit

-you can cancel your F-Smash chargin animation with a forwards or backwards dash

-You can only dash forward or backwards during the actual hit of the forward smash animation if you hit your opponent or his shield with the hitbox of your F-Smash animation

-Later we could add command moves. For example we would make it so you have to input quarter circle forward + B to do a fireball if your playing as Mario

So anyone want to help make this happen?

Also, are there any codes that have already been made that we could use for this project?

Vijin

Smash Ace
Street Fighter sucks .
Says the guy who plays brawl. lol

That would be an interesting mod to play on, but when it comes down to it I doubt anyone is gonna switch from SF4 to brawl, even if it is modded for SF4-like game play. Interesting idea though.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Says the guy who plays brawl. lol

That would be an interesting mod to play on, but when it comes down to it I doubt anyone is gonna switch from SF4 to brawl, even if it is modded for SF4-like game play. Interesting idea though.
Yeah, the main purpose is to have fun not get people to play Brawl. I just don't have the equipment or knowledge to do it myself.

So anyone want to help? I've basically given you guys the codes you just have to make it happen.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Tech Roll left
Tech Roll Right
Can you really not do that in street fighter 4? I know its possible in 3... its just really slow.

Are we gonna play on stamina mode in a boxed in arena?

The whole shield system might be hard to work out. I could probably try to work with the already made shield codes to make a low and high shield game.

:034:

Smash Hero
You can move your shield around, right? So just make shield bubbles smaller so that you have to move your shield over your upper or lower body... Or something.

I can't code, but this seems like fun. So I'll just be watching here.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
You can move your shield around, right? So just make shield bubbles smaller so that you have to move your shield over your upper or lower body... Or something.

I can't code, but this seems like fun. So I'll just be watching here.
Yeah there are only 2 shields, high shield and low shield. Low shield can't protect your from above and high shield can't protect for below

D

Deleted member

I think removing shield altoghether and writing something that you enter shield stance and then high or low would look better, but might be a bit tricky to code (wth we have made the most incredible stuff over time so why not)

STMH

Smash Cadet
i doubt this is going to succeed. You have no coders and help, and it's far too complicated. Hackers can't do everything, and not everything can be done that easily. On the other hand, brawl+ is simple enough and they have a hacker to help them. I doubt you will attract enough attention and get this done eventually. Give up.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
If it's gonna happen, it'll be really cool, but this seems really hard to achieve.
I can't help btw.

And I like Dead or Alive and Tekken more ;p

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
I like the Idea, I play SF4 alot to I even made SF4ish suggestions for brawl+ earlier, but obviously were shot down. Like other people said unless you find someone else who is dedicated to the idea AND a coder its not going to be easy i have a feeling side projects wont be flourishing till Brawl+ is near finished.

P.S Don't give up XD

Rudra

Smash Ace
I like the Idea, I play SF4 alot to I even made SF4ish suggestions for brawl+ earlier, but obviously were shot down. Like other people said unless you find someone else who is dedicated to the idea AND a coder its not going to be easy i have a feeling side projects wont be flourishing till Brawl+ is near finished.

P.S Don't give up XD
Pretty much this. It looks interesting, but until B+ is near completed, you probably wont find much assistance for this (perhaps around the timeframe between the gold release and their next update?) . Good luck though.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Thanks for the support guys. If this thread dies I'll wait for Brawl+ to be completed before Bumping. Hopefully I could get coders like Y.S. to help me out once Brawl+ is done.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm sure coders might give this a gander once B+ is done. Although a lot of the codes look very strange / unfeasible.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
I'm not a programmer but I really like Street Fighter 4. I think we have the tools to make SSBB like street fighter 4 as close as possible. This would be an insanely fun mod and would get the street fighter community to start playing Brawl

I have already thought of every code we would need. IF you can make codes please do join :)

If you think of any new codes we would need just say so.

He are all of the following codes I have thought of for the first beta version:

Get rid of the following animations/moves because they just aren't in street fighter:

Air Dodge
Double Jump
Short hop
Running Animation(You can still dash but you can't run after the initial dash)
Turning around animation(People automatically move back and forth there is no turnaround animation)
Crawling
Spot Dodge
Roll left or right
Tech Roll left
Tech Roll Right
U-throw
D-throw
Grab Hit
Grab release
holding a button to shield
Dash attack
Jumping out of a dash
Rapid hit Jabs(Like Falco's spinning jab attack)

Add the following:

-Make the game a little faster

-Make everyone fall a little faster

-whenever you do an attack the game makes it so your facing your opponent while doing it.

-When you jump you automatically fast fall

-everyone has three jumping animations that have set momentum, Jump straight up, jump forward, and jump backwards,(You can't change your aerial momentum by holding left or right on the control stick)

-add more shield stun and a little more hitstun

-you have to press forward twice on the control stick to do a forward dash

-If you press back twice on the control stick you do a backwards roll that acts like a backwards dash, it only has invincibility on the first few frames though unlike a normal backwards roll

-If two people grab within 5 frames of eachother's grab the grab breaks.

-If you take 70% damage without hitting your opponent your shield breaks and you get put into the shield break animation

-If you are pressing your control stick away from your opponent and he inputs any attack you automatically shield upward(this makes it so low attacks can still get through)

-If you are pressing your control stick down and away from your opponent and he inputs an attack you will automatically shield downward.(This makes it so if your opponent comes from above and attacks you will get hit, youll have to know when to block high, and when to black low)

-Infinite shields so they never shrink.

-Make the shield invisible so it looks like characters are blocking with their body's

-all aerial attacks like F-air have automatically no landing lag besides the automatic 2 or4 frames a normal land has

-If you are in the air you can only do one attack before land(I.E. If you were MK and jumped and U-aired you'd have to hit the ground before you could do anything else

-If you are in the air and get hit you can't do any attack or animation until you land

-You can't be grabbed when airborne unless it is a command grab like Bowser's Forward-B

-IF you grab someone you automatically throw forward

-If you hold back and then grab someone you automatically throw them backwards

-If thrown you automatically hit the ground, you can't tech it. Once you hit the ground you automatically stand up.

-If you hit the ground and don't tech you automatically stand up(this gives the opportunity for cross ups and such)

- Both the stand up animations and tech stand up animations have full invincibility until you can move(this gives the opportunity for cross ups and such)

-Once you reach 75% you glow and receive your final smash. In order to use your final smash you have to input quarter circle forward with the control stick and then press B. This is to emulate Ultra's from SF4

The following code is very important:

Every time one of your grounded attack hitboxes hits your opponent or his shield sheik's UP-B wind push back hitbox falls out of your hitbox and pushes both you and your opponent away from each other.(By grounded hitbox I mean a grounded attack. That means that when you hit someone with an aerial like a F-air, sheik's up-B push-Box won't come out)

This code will make it so no infinites are possible(Like G&W's D-Tilt wall lock)

Codes to be added later:

-Move decay that rapidly increases during a combo, and resets instantly once the combo is broken.

F-Smash acts as like a Focus attack. IT has three stages and third is unblockable. The second and third stage make you do a slow tripping animation.

-The third stage would be a F-Smash fully charged

-The first stage would be a F-smash with no charge

-You are vulnerable during this tripping animation and can be hit

-you can cancel your F-Smash chargin animation with a forwards or backwards dash

-You can only dash forward or backwards during the actual hit of the forward smash animation if you hit your opponent or his shield with the hitbox of your F-Smash animation

-Later we could add command moves. For example we would make it so you have to input quarter circle forward + B to do a fireball if your playing as Mario

So anyone want to help make this happen?

Also, are there any codes that have already been made that we could use for this project?

street fighter does have short hop and rapid hits -make them have higher knockback rather than removing them-

Pretty much this. It looks interesting, but until B+ is near completed, you probably wont find much assistance for this (perhaps around the timeframe between the gold release and their next update?) . Good luck though.
b+ is likely to never be completed... its an ongoing project to make brawl better and now the coding is pretty much unlimited from snapshot hacking (12,000 lines i believe)

so it could take years for brawl plus to become "finished"

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
When we say B+ finished we obviously don't mean done with like normal games there's always going to be tweaks even modern fighting games have tweak patches. What we mean by finished is most of the balancing is done and the game mechanics are pretty concrete.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
street fighter does have short hop and rapid hits -make them have higher knockback rather than removing them-

b+ is likely to never be completed... its an ongoing project to make brawl better and now the coding is pretty much unlimited from snapshot hacking (12,000 lines i believe)

so it could take years for brawl plus to become "finished"
there is no shorthop in streetfighter 4, some people have a super jump, but not many

ans I see what u mean with Falco's jab. It is kind of like Gen's Multi-hit move

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
there is shorthop... i do it alot
are you talking about a command jump? like Blanka's little jump forward? That's not a short hop. A short hop would be doing your normal jump but just not going as high.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
this sounds sick and i'm a fan of both but some of these codes just don't seem possible .__.
if somebody COULD pull this off i'd make them breakfast in bed and do their homework for a week.

supersonicridley

Smash Cadet
that really wouldnt work, Smash is different from pretty much all other fighting games in that is has very unrestricted movment and options. I dont see how oyu can take everything about it away and still have a game left.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
that really wouldnt work, Smash is different from pretty much all other fighting games in that is has very unrestricted movment and options. I dont see how oyu can take everything about it away and still have a game left.
Well ,that's the point of modding a game, sometimes you make it completely different

Team Giza

Smash Lord
are you talking about a command jump? like Blanka's little jump forward? That's not a short hop. A short hop would be doing your normal jump but just not going as high.
There are shorthops. I don't play the game but from what Ive heard only certain characters can do it, but they are not command jumps.

There is one thing in this project that is going to be overlapping with something in a project I'm doing on my own. So we could try to at least get that out of the way early. However it might not apply to your game depending on how you decide to make blocking work. The thing that we both would need is being able to still position your shield up and down while you are in shieldstun (or blockstun in your case), otherwise you would be left with unblockable follow ups.

Almas

Smash Lord
You can use the shield modification codes to make everyone have a smaller shield, but suffer no shield damage or decay. People would be forced to move their shield in order to defend against high-hitting moves.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
There are shorthops. I don't play the game but from what Ive heard only certain characters can do it, but they are not command jumps.

There is one thing in this project that is going to be overlapping with something in a project I'm doing on my own. So we could try to at least get that out of the way early. However it might not apply to your game depending on how you decide to make blocking work. The thing that we both would need is being able to still position your shield up and down while you are in shieldstun (or blockstun in your case), otherwise you would be left with unblockable follow ups.

Which characters have short hops?

also, You're right, The shield would have to be movable in hit stun

You can use the shield modification codes to make everyone have a smaller shield, but suffer no shield damage or decay. People would be forced to move their shield in order to defend against high-hitting moves.
I was thinking that too. Make shield a little smaller and give it no dexay. The shield code would probably be the hardest to make cause you have to hold back or back and down to initiate it and your opponent also has to be attacking for it to come out. There would also have to be a low and high shield. If you were able to freely move it up and down there might be spots where everything would be blockable from that one postition. lol

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Just like that stupid Smash 64 2.0 thing though, I don't think anybodies gonna work on this.

Mit

Smash Ace
Methinks you would also need to always play Stamina, and make custom stages that are just boxes to prevent falling off the level and allow wall-jumps.

Mit

Smash Ace
Actually, he could make the death boundaries for some of the stages closer in with the death boundary mod.
But you don't die in Street Fighter by falling/walking off the level >_> And you can always wall-jump off the edge of the screen, even if there's no wall there. Therefore, you would need a long rectangular box to play in, so that you don't fly off the top of the level, fly off the sides of the level, fall down off the stage, and can wall-jump.

I'd recommend playing 100% stamina and lowering damage values for moves (if that would even be possible).

Lulz this is such a dream mod.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Something that they could do is make a stage like a box, give it an icon the same as an already existing stage, use the select screen modifier (for stages) to put the stage in the "brawl stages" and/or "melee stages", put in the backround from the replaced stage, make the blocks invisible, and play it. I think that this is VERY unrealistic, and it would be pretty hard to make all of these codes into a small codelist. This is the easiest way to do this also, so it should be hard to organize.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Well a fixed camera could work maybe? so it stops at the edge of the stage? and I guess invisible boxes could work if its even possible to do that to a stage.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
In the first post I said it would be on a custom stage with walls and a ceiling so there was no way out. If there was some was to make invisible walls on a normal Brawl level though, that'd be awesome

Top Bottom