• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'*P*L*U*R* Presents' 3: The Return of the Re-emergence of the Revenge 5/2

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
It's been a while since I hosted a tourney. The last one I hosted was in like January. That being the case, I figured I'd host one in May!

Location/Contact Info
The Loft Apartments
200 Loft Lane Apt 6
Raleigh, NC 27609

We're pretty much just off of Six Forks near the intersection of Six Forks and Millbrook.

If you get lost, are late, or anything else call/text me at 252-469-3764.

Munny ****
$5 Door fee
$5 Entry for all singles events
$10 Entry for all doubles events

60/30/10

Bring a set-up to get the door fee waived! That means console/game/TV. :D

Schedule
Registration starts at 11 with Melee starting at 12.
Melee should be done by 3 or 4. Which means after Melee singles, you guys can take an hour to get food. Brawl will start soon afterwards

Hopefully everything will fall into place from there without running too late into the night because I will probably have to work the next day.

Melee Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is handled by the Gentleman's Rule.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria
- Pulling your **** out(players have to go to random Neutral stage if this happens)

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 70 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Couterpicks:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pulling your **** out(players have to go to random Neutral stage if this happens)

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

One of these doesn't belong.... >_> <_<

Set-ups
*P*L*U*R* - 1 Cube, 1 Melee, 1 Ikaruga, 3-4 TVs

House Rules
Shoes off at the door.
Smoking(Legal) get done outside.
Smoking(illegal) gets done downstairs if you're willing to share with my stoner roommates and in your own **** car if not.
In general though, unless its cool with my roomies stay away from downstairs unless you're going to the bathroom.
Don't hurt the cats
Don't make any huge messes
No johns
Ladies get in free(no door fee!) so bring em!
Vilt has to bring the Ears if he comes. >:3 I'll pay you for a pair.

I may be making more cheesecake for this. Maybe even selling. o3o

Get hyped. Get *****. Just get here, somehow. I love you guys. +^_^+

Foxy

Smash Master
=[

Why would you run Brawl?

Either do Melee again, another 2d fighter, or Brawl+! Lame NC.

Anyways I'll 99% be here, and with a tv+setup.

Foxy

Smash Master
nah, but some people who don't like it feel obligated to run it for a better turnout or to make people happy... which is just silly.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I can see how most people would think that I don't like Brawl though. All the tournies I've been to, I'd spend all day at the Melee set-up, play my Brawl match and go back to the Melee.

LOL I played Melee at HERB on Brawl day with Savedge for like 12 hours and played a total of like 6 Brawl matches.

Foxy

Smash Master
yeah i remember that

oh RIGHT, i played some melee with you at HERB brawl... no wonder i thought you didn't like it.

didn't you do a tourney match for brawl in melee instead with gofg?

rhan

Smash Hero
A Brawl vs Melee argument will only kill the hype for the tourney. Cut that now before **** hits the fan.

I should have my license by Mid May or June (Hopefully earlier but the school system is BS). So host one then, pleeeeeeease! But to help the tourney I can make sigs. I made the ones for the tourney in SoVA comming up. They came out pretty good and I woudln't mind making some for this. That choice is up to you. :)

NC <3

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
yeah i remember that

oh RIGHT, i played some melee with you at HERB brawl... no wonder i thought you didn't like it.

didn't you do a tourney match for brawl in melee instead with gofg?
Yuh, I played MEwtwo vs his Ness. Then he pulled out MArth vs my M2 and I killed myself when I coulda beat him. XD

I'm so good at melee.

Nice snipe right there though about me 'not liking melee' because you're better though. touche`

Vilt

Smash Lord
Sorry. I might come to this. I need to work more but I love your place, so I'll see what I can do. No cat ears tho. >.>

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Lol no I wasn't going for that honestly.

I could see how you got that out of what I said though. It's tough to phrase what I want to say sometimes...
Kevin, I refer you to this

"i'm better then you

SUCK IT"
Good fuggin` poast

lol still, don't worry about it. I'm sure you'd play like that in tourney if I ever faced you in tourney(if I cared enough about singles to enter XD). I need to learn how to play anyways.

0.o

i definitely didn't intent that interpretation. i sucked azzzz at melee back at herb.
lol jokes, sweetie.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
OMG kevin, you were upset about messing up in melee singles. You needed someone to ****.

It's like you have a bad day at work and come home to a lonely house. Hell yeah, I'm picking that hooker up off the corner.

>_> <_< not that I would know.....

Vilt

Smash Lord
If will only come if I get a cat on my lap when I play. And if you promise me that. I will bring/wear the cat ears.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
If will only come if I get a cat on my lap when I play. And if you promise me that. I will bring/wear the cat ears.
My cats are pretty fickle so they may jump off your lap. However, if I sit on your lap while wearing the cat ears, does that count? I'll even meow if you want and purr if you scratch behind my ears. <3

Top Bottom