• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sir 0rion's sketchbook, Part 1 (Yes, I do requests.) 56k warning

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Read the rules on the OP. I do drawings only when inspiration hits, which takes as little or as much time as it needs to. :p

It's somewhat outdated terminology, which essentially means "Really big pictures that might take awhile to download on your screen."

It the heyday of the 56k modem, the page would slow down to a crawl as it tried to load a series of really large images. It's essentially a warning for people with bad computers and/or Internet connections.
Oh, thanks.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
And here we go! I had to upload this to imageshack since photobucket hated the picture for some reason, and kept messing with the quality.

I didn't know exactly what you wanted him doing, so I thought he might be interested in sharing a drink with ya. I also did a little more experimenting with shading on this one, so I hope it helped draw the picture out a little.

And of course, the original sketch:

By all means! Please feel free to.
wow, awesome drawing orion, thanks

jungle man

Smash Cadet
lol ok can you draw lucario getting the life squeezed out of him by either zeviper or dk and make wario rofl in the backround oh yeah zeviper or dk has ta say gimme a hug fwiend.

lol this thread will not die just yet.....

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Oh, trust me. This thread will be alive for awhile. I just need to actually take the time to do more requests at a time.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Nah, it's not that. I just take too much time between drawings lately. You're alright, man. :)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
OMG your timmy comic is pure genius if you ask me. lol
Thanks, man! Maybe I'll release it as a weekly feature or something. I'll think about it.

Hmmm, I want to see you draw my yoshi character in your style. I like the way you draw Yoshi! ^^

Here's my chacracter reference: http://yoshi.2yr.net/gallery/v/fire_emblem_yoshi/new+signature.jpg.html

Oh yeah, and he likes shovels.
http://yoshi.2yr.net/gallery/v/fire_emblem_yoshi/METEOR+DRIVE_.jpg.html
You intrigue me, Wild ARMS. I'm thinking I might take some of these out of order, starting with yours! :bee:

Either way, expect a large rush of drawings soon, everyone! :)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
And away we go! :bee:

Can you do a sketch of me Orion? Just something you can imagine me doing. I think you know me well enough to make it happen
Well, I have no idea what you look like or what you might be doing, so I just drew what I pictured when I thought of you. Enjoy!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It looks like I actually wasn't THAT far off. The hair's reasonably close. :)

At any rate, I'm really glad you dig it, man. I was happy to do it! :bee:

(Maybe one or two more are coming tonight; we'll see. ;) )

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
A manatee jumping out of the water with a face that has the hai thar look all over.
Relatively simple request... although a bit odd... :laugh:

Either way, here ya go!

And the original sketch:

maybe you could make a chibi lacrosse player! You would be one of the firsts to ever draw it
He seems in a panic. Who knows what happened on the big moment?

Original sketch:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I really wasn't aware there was such an uprising for little Timmy. :laugh:

I'll see about bringing more of his adventures to life, though. Also, I'm expecting to have a few more pictures done today, so stay tuned for that, too. :)

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, man! Maybe I'll release it as a weekly feature or something. I'll think about it.

You intrigue me, Wild ARMS. I'm thinking I might take some of these out of order, starting with yours! :bee:

Either way, expect a large rush of drawings soon, everyone! :)
I intrigue you? Oh, the odd charcter request? Yeah, I wanted to see how you draw him. That character seems to just flow onto paper, while others are harder. Just wanted to see what kind of things come easily to you. You're good at drawing dolphins and sharks! I don't think I've ever tried to draw one...

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Sharks are actually surprisingly easy to draw. And plus, I love Yoshi, and like the idea of drawng more of them. I'll probably get started as soon as tonight. :)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Aww... thanks! I'm currently in the process of figuring out how to panel out the comic and make it look cleaner and less sketchy. I'll also be working on catching up on ALL of the drawings tonight (if I remember to bring my sketch pad, that is), so expect a huge influx of drawings by 3:00-4:00am Mountain time. :bee:

Thanks again for your continued interest and support!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Quoting all of my requests here so I don't have to backtrack through them. If I missed any, let me know.

I got one: How about an 8-bit Mario and Bowser VS ROB and GW who are unsure why they're even fighting them.
lol ok can you draw lucario getting the life squeezed out of him by either zeviper or dk and make wario rofl in the backround oh yeah zeviper or dk has ta say gimme a hug fwiend.
I'll get to these, I promise. Work has been really beastly lately (I'm scheduled to work 7 days a week for 3 weeks), so it's been eating into my drawing time. I've got the paper right in front of me, though. :bee:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Well, I have to head to work, but here's three quick drawings to tide everyone over. I'll update them with color (and hopefully get a couple more drawings in) when I get back home.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sweetness. Thanks, Orion.

I can't believe I typed "Gilduck." XD

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I copleted the Renamon picture and fixed the original sketch. The link to the updated sketch is the same as the old picture, and the final picture is here:

I added the patterns on her/your fur in from memory, so I hope I got them right. ^^;

nice pics sir orion.
how do you do that?
Thanks for the compliments! :bee:

I do the initial sketches the old fashioned way - I just use a regular pencil and paper. I then scan them into my computer, clean up the eraser lines on Gimp, and I have my sketch. I also use Gimp to add color to my drawings, as well.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I thought the little three leg symbols looked good... :(

(Edit: I guess there are only two. The thing I originally went off of had three.)

Top Bottom