• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sir 0rion's sketchbook, Part 1 (Yes, I do requests.) 56k warning

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Ugh... finally. I didn't put any background because I sketched them separately and didn't feel a background was necessary. Here is Jak (and Daxter) confronting Gordon Freeman.

Jak has Freeman at gunpoint. Gordon remains stoic as usual. And Daxter, being Daxter, strikes a less-than-intimidating pose. Enjoy!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well you also have to remember: ITS GORDAN FREEMAN, he has a whole 3 or 4 games worth of Zen world creatures at his disposal, plus others as well, like the Combine.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Can you draw me a cat, standing on Kirby`s head, standing on Fred Dibnah, PLEASE man, if anything,
draw FRED DIBNAAAAAH. I am dead serious. lol. And, ummmm, Sean Connery in the background. Pwease :3
Yeshhh.
Lol.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Sorry about the lengthy wait, guys. I've bee preoccupied, and was taking a bit of a break.

I'll try to make this one easier and more open to interpretation than the last,

- if you can squeeze time into your probably busy schedule, could you please draw a robot holding a can of tomato soup?

If you draw this, do it however you like, feel free to add to it and such.
Here you go:

I'll come up with a color version later on if you'd like.

D

Deleted member

Dude! That's a really cool robot! I wish I could draw like you.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Can you do a Chibi me with my 7 electrodes?

I pretty much have brown curly hair and eyes. and my physique is like that of my Trainer on my Avatar.

lawl curly hair, love to see someone try to pull that off.
Sorry this took so long. Here it is! :bee:

I know those creepy grins would make ME nervous.

Here's the original sketch:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
This one is a special drawing I wanted to do just for Illinialex24. He's currently being treated for something, and I wanted to do what I could to make him feel better.

Here's hoping for the best, Alex.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've got a pretty nifty idea: A Gilduck levitating in midair via Psychic powers with water being encircled around her due to Psychic.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Just a question, but why isn't this in the AE?
Mostly because this thread isn't supposed to be specifically for requests. It's more of a journal of my progression as I work on improving my drawing style; giving me a way to reflect on what I've drawn thus far and what I'd been thinking about as I drew it. I like to take a look back and see if there are any significant changes in my style. I know that for one thing, I've gotten much, much better at coloring in my work. And sometime soon, I am seriously giving consideration to working a little on shading. Given the thick outlines of my drawings, though, this could be something of a challenge.

The main reason I added that I take requests is that if I didn't, people would constantly be VMing me asking whether I did or not. The other reason is that a lot of times if I only draw what I want to draw, nothing interesting comes to mind, so I end up drawing the same thing over and over again (read: Kirby). By taking requests, it helps keep me out of my comfort zone and trying new things, which is helpful for my progression as a sketch artist.

On another note, I absolutely adore your Charizard avatar. :bee:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Well, everyone, I have a bit of an unveiling. This is something that I actually created years ago, and only just recently found it when straightening out my basement. It's a small comic strip I drew for a very short period of time about the single least evil person in the world becoming... well, I'll let the strip speak for itself.

So far, I've dug up seven of the original comic strips, and have three in readable format. I erased the hand-written text in them in favor of easier to read computer font. As you can tell, this comic was never intended to be publicly released, since the drawings were especially crude back then, and all of the panels were hand-drawn without any guidelines.

Still, I thought the jokes were especially cute, so I wanted to share these with you. I present... TIMMY, MASTER OF EVIL!

These are the first three strips in the series. I'll release the other four as soon as I clean them up and replace the text. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I guess my style really HAS improved since I drew these. :laugh:

Still and all, I might one day actually decide to continue this strip. Stranger things have happened. So, stay tuned! :)

Snare

Smash Lord
unforgotten realms is kick-*ss

nice comic orion ><, should of heeded the 56k warning though x.x

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Yeah, I know what you mean. There's also Timmy Turner from Fairly Oddparents, Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tiny Tim from A Christmas Carol, and several other Tim/my characters. I never could come up with a more appropriate name for the protagonist, though. Also bear in mind that these comics were drawn a couple of years ago.

And speaking of which, here are episodes 4 and 5 of this comic. I remember wanting to establish just how big of a mistake they had made in appointing Timmy to whatever this dark, evil job was. I think I got the message across! :laugh:

I remember actually laughing out loud when I read the punchline to episode 5 again after all this time.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Thanks. I'll edit that. (Like I said, the dialogue was hand-written before, so I had to retype it and try to get it to fit more or less correctly.)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Well, here we go! The last two episodes of the newly-rediscovered "Master of Evil" series. These two comics - which I drew a little later than the first ones, but still quite some time ago - weren't part of the little introduction subplot I was writing, and sort of implied that the relationship betwee the two of them had already been established. Timmy is still the master of evil, and that leads to all sorts of bizarre ideas.

The subject of episode 6 was a little played out even back when I wrote it. But darn it, it was MY comic, and I could crack jokes about anything I want in it!

(I still like the little background stuff going on, even though I couldn't draw an office plant for the life of me, hehe.)

No explanation is needed for this one.

So, that's my first trip back on my time capsule. There's a chance I might even find some of my old middle and high school drawings (read: all Kirby all the time) somewhere, too. And who knows... perhaps one day Timmy and his "friend" might make a return. Stay tuned! :)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
aw, you never did my pic
Read the rules on the OP. I do drawings only when inspiration hits, which takes as little or as much time as it needs to. :p

What is a 56k warning?
It's somewhat outdated terminology, which essentially means "Really big pictures that might take awhile to download on your screen."

It the heyday of the 56k modem, the page would slow down to a crawl as it tried to load a series of really large images. It's essentially a warning for people with bad computers and/or Internet connections.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I got a couple questions. How long have you been drawing? I picked it up as a hobby by watching my friends draw. As a result, i got into drawing in 6th grade. I love your enthusiasm for your art - not many people appreciate the time and details that goes into drawings :) Also, what do you use to color your artwork? My scans never pick up a pure white background; it's a plethora of grays.

As for my request - a cycloptic egg. Yes... an egg with an eye and a mouth. It was one of my first concepts when I started drawing and I would love to see your rendition :)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I got a couple questions. How long have you been drawing?
That's a tricky question to answer. Technically, I've been drawing since I was three years old and drew pictures of Popeye on construction paper (I LOVED Popeye as a kid).

I did a lot of doodling in middle school and high school (and beyond) when I was bored - which was a lot. Mostly, just countless drawings of Kirby.

These drawings in my blog are my first drawings done with the express purpose of displaying them, however.

I picked it up as a hobby by watching my friends draw. As a result, i got into drawing in 6th grade. I love your enthusiasm for your art - not many people appreciate the time and details that goes into drawings :)
I really appreciate the compliments! I certainly do the best I can, though a certain degree of realism still eludes me at this point. But, hey, that's what practice is for. :bee:

Also, what do you use to color your artwork? My scans never pick up a pure white background; it's a plethora of grays.
This is an extremely good question, actually. I use an art program called "Gimp" for my picture editing. It's a very, VERY nice freeware art program, and has a crapload of options. One of the really good things about Gimp is that it has an option to "pour" a color into another color, similar to MS Paint. The difference with Gimp, however, is that with it, you can adjust the threshold of the color pour so that it also changes similar colors nearby. This is EXTREMELY helpful for scans and JPEG images in general.

My coloring process is as follows: first, I eliminate eraser lines (I use the smudge tool, turned to 100% similarity rate). Then, using the pour tool, I set the threshold to anywhere from 15% to 65% or more for the outlines of the drawings (all depending on how thick/dark the outlines I'm drawing out are), and then I color the individual segments. Next, I draw out any lettings that I wish to keep in the color version and get rid of any letting I wish to erase, and finally, I color the remainder of the background (usually white, though I've been doing more color backgrounds lately.

The entire coloring process can take anywhere from about 7 minutes to a half hour.

As for my request - a cycloptic egg. Yes... an egg with an eye and a mouth. It was one of my first concepts when I started drawing and I would love to see your rendition :)
I'll get right on it. Thanks again for the compliments and questions! I hope that my advice was helpful to you. :)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
ooh! i have what should eb a fun one:

The most epic falcon PAWNCH possible for :falcon: to be doing to :metaknight:
Well, here is is. I'm not entirely sure how epic this is, but I liked it. This was insanely difficult for me to color, and I also wanted to do just a little bit of shading on the flame. Enjoy!

And here's the original sketch:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Can you sketch the Symphony of Destruction that has Vic Rattlehead(he is my avatar and my sig if your wondering what he looks like)
And here we go! I had to upload this to imageshack since photobucket hated the picture for some reason, and kept messing with the quality.

I didn't know exactly what you wanted him doing, so I thought he might be interested in sharing a drink with ya. I also did a little more experimenting with shading on this one, so I hope it helped draw the picture out a little.

And of course, the original sketch:

cool i might make a request.........
By all means! Please feel free to.

Top Bottom