• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Race's Tourney VIII: Rina-Chan's Farewell Tourney July 25-26th 2009 *venue change!

Race

Smash Lord
Race's Tourney VIII: Rina-Chan's Farewell Tourney
By: Race

-I'm hosting a farewell tournament for Rina-Chan. As she will be moving back to Alaska within the next month or so. She is one of my best friends here, someone who I had many great times with and who put up with me, someone I really am grateful to have met. and I want to make sure she leaves with nothing but fond memories of SoCal. Please come down, hang out and have fun! I know she will miss the smash scene down here and I want to show her that we will miss her also, she has been the voice for many tourneys and has been there to help out or volunteer when things get hectic. Lets spend this last tourney with her and all of us as a community, let's do this!

-Also cause Rina is more into melee now, i'm going to put a big emphasis on Melee, so melee will have the same exact priority as brawl. I need people to bring in set-ups to accomplish this. Melee will be ran independently from brawl so we can be double efficient, But for that I need someone to take charge of supervising the melee tourneys, any help would be appreciated!

Date: (Brawl)Saturday, July 25th 2009
(Melee) Sunday, July 26th 2009

Categories: Brawl/Melee Singles and Teams

Where: 17218 S. Grayland Ave. Cerritos, Ca

Time: :11:00am-11pm (Venue Opens for casuals 10:00 am)

Teams : Start: 11:00am (Sign-ups start 10:00am)

Singles: As teams are winding down

Casuals: Bring your Melee or 3s, or whatever. There will be Casual dedicated Sets. Please use them and NOT Tourney TVs for casuals. We need to run the tourney as fast as we Can!

-This is just an idea but I'll have a dedicated set-up sometime during for the tourney for a few hours as Rina's TV, where she can play anyone (Who isn't in tourney or doesn't have a match at the moment) in what ever game she wants, she can play anyone, lol. that way she can say she played all of SoCal!

Fee: $5 Singles, $10 per Team

Venue Fee: $2 per event

Prize: Melee/Brawl
Singles:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Teams: Melee/Brawl
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Brawl Tournament Details:
Singles:
-3 Stock 8:00 Time Limit with NO Items.
-Random will be choosen first (They are the neutrals described).
-Games are best out of 3 matches with Finals being best out of 5
-Standard double elimination

Teams:
-3 stock 7:00 with NO Items.
-Random will be choosen first (They are the neutrals described).
-Games best out of 3 with finals being best out of 5
-Double Elimination

Stages:
Final Destination
Battle Field
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Corneria (Doubles Only)
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Ranbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Luigi's Mansion (Doubles only)
Brinstar

Melee Tournament details:

* 8 minute time limit on all matches.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is not banned.

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.

Stages:

* Singles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium
* Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Doubles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Kongo Jungle 64.
* Doubles counterpicks: all Doubles Neutrals plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Things to note: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned for doubles; Kongo Jungle 64 on Doubles Neutral.

-Afterward we'll go to an Ihop or Norms or Dennys (Something open late and we can all chill at, any suggestions?) So we can have a goodbye late night dinner!

INFO

-Gear wise we have TV's ready with wii's. But if people could bring in extra wii's/TVs that would be awesome (Another problem I don't have to worry about) So if you can bring some let me know. You get venue off for bringing a full set-up

-Please bring your controllers (Use wavebirds at your own risk) and MARK THEM

-If we can get extra TV's and wii we can hold casuals on that tv. Some friendlies would be cool. We're having TVs JUST for casuals so please use those for play and NOT Tourney T.Vs please.

-All seeded players will be accounted for.

-If you bring stuff (TVs,Wiis, Laptops, ect.) They are YOUR responsibility! I will not be held responsible for you leaving your stuff at the tourney. I have 50+ ppl yelling in my ear for 7 hours straight. I wont be able to keep track of your stuff. So if you lose something in the end too bad it's YOUR problem. I also wont be wasting time and money sending things to ppl who leave their stuff

-If you're gonna be late call me and i'll add you to the slots, and see if I can hold you off till you arrive. Please arrive ON TIME.

-As with last time i'll have food and drinks for everyone to enjoy. I'll be selling food there. (BBQ, EggRolls, more soda ect.) yes I will be selling Race Combos

-Please keep in mind, this is done for you guys and to please respect the venue. Try not to mess up or take anything there. Please don't come drunk or high. If someone gets too rowdy or violent I WILL KICK YOU OUT

-----The tourney will be held in the mid west house in cerritos now

Call me if you guys have any questions:
(562) 277-2727

Atlus8

Smash Master
The last Race tourny I went to had a smashfest the night before the tourny that ended up with over 10+ people sleeping in a single room . . . it was one of the best smashfest ever!

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Take SF4 out (I can't believe I'm saying this).

It's gonna be a waste of space and setups. The last SF4 tourney was a disaster. Not worth it for only like 10 or so entrants. You could have a setup for it but please, PLEASE don't do a tourney.

It's just not worth it. Not worth it at all.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Take SF4 out (I can't believe I'm saying this).

It's gonna be a waste of space and setups. The last SF4 tourney was a disaster. Not worth it for only like 10 or so entrants. You could have a setup for it but please, PLEASE don't do a tourney.

It's just not worth it. Not worth it at all.
I have to agree with this.

ill MM any blanka for big money

with my invincible-boot cammy
Ill MM you! No more than 3 bucks though. Best of 3, 5 lives per match.

Race

Smash Lord
Bump, this is still going on

Race Combos are back and yes they win.

get hype

Race

Smash Lord
OK did what active gamers did but reverse.

The brawl tourney will be on Saturday (Whole day)

The melee tourney will be on Sunday (Whole day)

that way both communities will find time to go to 2 tourneys 2 days straight without colliding

get hype

Race

Smash Lord
it also means hot smashfests the night after the active gamers tourney and hot sleepovers!

then my tourney the next day, too goodz

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
when rina comes up here i hope she hosts tournaments because everyone is too lazy to up here
also 1 guy ***** everyone else by far

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
it also means hot smashfests the night after the active gamers tourney and hot sleepovers!

then my tourney the next day, too goodz
By hot, do you mean sexy fun time?

:D

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
GROW SOME BALLS AND GET A RIDE FROM SOMEBODY OTHER THAN YOUR MOTHER.

but seriously, find a ride Stab. you're gonna miss out!

DJMirror

Smash Master
Man, both this and Active Gaming is too far for me to go to. Q.Q
If you are going to genesis then you should stop *****ing and ****

Look at Connor and JDM

They always make it to other tournaments like UCLA, UCSD etc.

if you are NOT going to go then dont say anything about going to this tournament then stay home and prepare G-rev tournament # 3 or something

Race's tournaments are mostly 20-30 minutes away from irvine

Look at MacD whenever he in nor cal and wants to go a tournament near SF etc. he have to drive at least ****ing 2 hours! (that just going to the tournament)

Get your driver license too while ya at in high school

I got mine at the age of 16 and ya what? 17 where you at?

EDIT - ****ing people need to learn how to drive to understand about driving here and wasting gas etc.

Top Bottom