• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Race's Tourney VIII: Rina-Chan's Farewell Tourney July 25-26th 2009 *venue change!

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
If I may ask a request from everyone during this tournament, it would be that we please try to get along and not have drama.

There have been lots of good and bad times in the smash community, and I know some of us may not all like each other, but it would mean a lot to me if my last memories of the SoCal scene could be good ones.

Thanks.

JDM

Smash Champion
Imo you should just cancel the Melee tourney and come to Jenny's birthday.

festizzio

Smash Champion
So we can come on sunday just for melee and not miss anything right? IF SO I WILL BE THERE ON SUNDAY

edit: i gotta get another match with rina's peach, she said i "*****" with pikachu :D

festizzio

Smash Champion
I would rather go to a tournament...especially if it's going to be someone's last in socal

tell jenny to push her thing back a week

edit: i might go to jenny's thing if nobody's going to this, where is it?

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
のへの

I would rather go to a tournament...especially if it's going to be someone's last in socal

tell jenny to push her thing back a week

edit: i might go to jenny's thing if nobody's going to this, where is it?
saturday:
hugo's melee tournament
race's brawl tournament

sunday:
hugo's brawl tournament
race's melee tournament
jenny's BIRTHDAY

you may only pick 2

<3

festizzio

Smash Champion
のへの

saturday:
hugo's melee tournament
race's brawl tournament

sunday:
hugo's brawl tournament
race's melee tournament
jenny's BIRTHDAY

you may only pick 2

<3
i have work saturday and i was really hoping to go to a tournament this weekend

but jenny's b-day sounds too good

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
We can't keep changing it anymore. I already have my tickets to fly back home on the 28th, and this weekend was EVO, so this is literally the only possible weekend I can do the tournament. We planned/announced this before we were told ANYTHING about Active Gamers or it being Jenny's bday. So I'm really sorry to Hugs & Jenny and I <3 them but there are no other options.

Race

Smash Lord
well to be fair we did plan this a long time ago and stuff. It is a melee tourney and I sceduled it for you guys too, so that you guys can have ur own day without brawl in the way. I mean I know it would be asking much for jenny to change her b day thing to like sat or something but if no is gonna go i'll just cancel it and that can be the end of that.

I'm not running the tourney to look good or impress rina, i'm doing this casue I want to run a melee tourney again and to give rina a last melee tourney to go to. You guys really mean a lot to her and all I really ask is to give us a chance to have one last tourney. I really hope you guys consider this casue we have been looking forward to this for a LONG time, and it would relly suck if this didnt push through.

maybewe can plan something out? I can talk to jenny or something to see if we can come out with a comprmise? remember all we really wanna do is hang out

Atlus8

Smash Master
I won't be going to this or Jenny's thing since I'm so low on $, but here's my idea! Not everyone is gonna be able to stay over at Cameron's Sat. night after Active Gamers, so it would be good to have like a smashfest Sat. night at Race's! People can then meet up at the beach on Sun and do your thang!

MacD

Banned via Administration
they tried 2 tournies in a row sat+sun in nor cal, everyone was excited and looking forward to it, then everyone showed up sat, then only like 12 showed up on sunday

idk how many people would go even if everyone was planning too, just because in theory it all sounds legit, but when the time comes you really don't wanna go

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
they tried 2 tournies in a row sat+sun in nor cal, everyone was excited and looking forward to it, then everyone showed up sat, then only like 12 showed up on sunday

idk how many people would go even if everyone was planning too, just because in theory it all sounds legit, but when the time comes you really don't wanna go
but one day is brawl and the other melee
most people don't go to both really

Top Bottom