• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winds of Change Are A-Blowin'...

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
NP 4RCE just make sure you get partners in there <3

Is anybody else amazing at holding stocks in doubles? I'm almost always a stock ahead of everybody in doubles and I don't know why.

/edit I've got the tourney results thread though, it will be up in the near future as noted earlier.
Yeah, I find holding stock with Diddy really easy on doubles. It's fun teaming up with Snake 'cause then neither of you die too quickly. Unless you get caught in a retardedly long hit stun phase.

Well Counts already called that thread so sorry
Not nice :(

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
someone should improve or redo the matchup thread. It's pretty pathetic compared to those of some of the other boards.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
I say 4RCE and Count "Rock, Paper, Bananas" for the Thread
Best 2 out of 3 :D

someone should improve or redo the matchup thread. It's pretty pathetic compared to those of some of the other boards.
shh we know... we know...

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
You guys are too good.

I'm gonna need all the help that is available.

Also, the tightened focus of the new Diddy Kong Information Index will be for it to act as a more comprehensive bastion of useful threads. Whether or not a thread "deserves" a sticky is not usually the question; rather, I look at whether or not a thread is general and all-encompassing enough for it to be useful at a glance in the broadest sense. Things like a character guide and a match-up thread are traditional and broad enough topics that will always justify its own existence and its own sticky; other satellite topics such as AT acronyms and my dissertation on why N-air is amazing will probably be (neatly) filed away in the Diddy Kong Info Index.

The idea at the moment is to clean up and consolidate and refocus, and only add more stickies if it is absolutely necessary. I'm aiming for ease of navigation, easy-to-read presentation, and an efficient cataloguing system linking users to mounds and mounds of valuable information.

Gimme the next hour or so to come up with some assignments/suggestions for who might be best for what thread.
I COMPLETELY agree with this; I was thinking of only putting threads in with an OP that actually updated and wasn't just a question that got answered with a discussion. ADHD's threads on Tilts and Dash Attack followups are prime examples for me; discussions that culminated into very informative OPs that sum up the discussion nicely for someone who didn't follow it at the time. That's why I like making threads the way I do :)

EDIT: I'm working... in two ways at once. I just started a job, but that won't interfere my updating ability as soon as I'm finished working on the thread. I might get it up later tonight, if I stay up a bit (yay narcoleptics with no sleep! :D).

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Oh Sorry 4RCE
I really didnt mean for it to come off as a mean post. If thats what you thought too Cambriel, than I apologize to you too.
I was just trying to sound, how should I say this... sympathetic cause you wanted to help with something that someone else already said would do.

Sometimes, the Internet can really mess up what your trying to say :(

zyzzx

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of a diddy social board... but whatever... i guess i can just start posting more normally anyways. so hello.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I'd love to help take care of the matchup thread and encourage non-laziness, although I'm supposing that Hanson might end up do that.

I have a LOT of time on my hands, so it wouldn't be a problem.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im on a computer more than half of the day every day (besides weekends since those are tourney days :3)
im happy to help with/organize anything the board hands me. im here for u guys.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Re-writing the AT section is taking SO much longer than I expected... I'm trying to organize it in a more logical way (at least, more logical to the newbie that I was when I first read it), and I'm trying to write small summaries about each one. It's taking much longer than I imagined, but I think it'll be that much better when I'm done. In short, it'll take another day or two, but I am working on it :dizzy:

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Sorry it's taking me a bit to hand out assignments and get some threads off the ground. I've been hittin' that grind pretty hard at work lately, but I have the entire day off tomorrow and will be sure to get this done at some point midday.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I don't believe that a thread like that is necessary, only because it begins to create a gap between people who post here often and those that don't.

No reason why we can't all be good mates across every thread instead of just one :)
*seconds that*
marth boards look cold to newcomers like me due to this.

Conti

Smash Ace
Lol yeah this is really tight that diddy boards is doing this... I was an MK Main, but tbh... I'm just bored of MK... he will be my secondary and i want to get like uber with Diddy... And i came to diddy boards and went... "WTF"... {The matchup thread and sometin else was... "Not good"}

But this might be alot better for like everyone [including noob diddys like myself]...

Makes me =D

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Lol yeah this is really tight that diddy boards is doing this... I was an MK Main, but tbh... I'm just bored of MK... he will be my secondary and i want to get like uber with Diddy... And i came to diddy boards and went... "WTF"... {The matchup thread and sometin else was... "Not good"}

But this might be alot better for like everyone [including noob diddys like myself]...

Makes me =D
Hahaha, just because our match-up thread isn't like everyone elses doesn't mean it's not good. We just have a **** ton of opinionated people that agree that Diddy's match-ups change more quickly than other characters. If you haven't noticed no one can agree on Diddy's worst match-up and some even say that Marth, Peach, and Luigi are not bad match-ups at all. Some say the people that Diddy kills, such as GW are hard match-ups because they don't switch up play styles.

You picked a good character to switch to though. Diddy is really solid, he has no "awful" match-ups but at the same time he does not serve to be anyone elses "awful" match-up. In my opinion, Diddy is the most fun character in the game; my fingers never stop moving and my options are virtually limitless. Hope you have fun here. :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah, my suggestion for this would be to do it like other sub-forums have where we have:

- A main index thread
- Individual threads for each character which link back to the index
- A matchup thread exported to Individual sub-boards which link back to the main index thread as well

I've seen this kind of system, and it's good because then people can bump these matchup threads anytime.

I think it is necessary that somebody other than Le_THieN makes these threads because then he can edit them anyway due to his modship.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
Yeah, my suggestion for this would be to do it like other sub-forums have where we have:

- A main index thread
- Individual threads for each character which link back to the index
- A matchup thread exported to Individual sub-boards which link back to the main index thread as well

I've seen this kind of system, and it's good because then people can bump these matchup threads anytime.

I think it is necessary that somebody other than Le_THieN makes these threads because then he can edit them anyway due to his modship.
so your saying that the matchup threads are in the character boards as a sub forum?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
No no.

Just normal threads floating around in the Diddy Kong forum for each matchup which can be referenced by a stickied Index thread.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
id love to help, i do nothing all day anyway.
We need some kinda of organized template for each discussion, that way all the info isnt scattered all over the place.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
oh, i see

so the index thread in the stickies would be for showing where the matchup discussions are
Yeah pretty much.

Here is kind of an example here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186736

The main thread for Marth has descriptions for each matchup in the OP, as well as links to discussion threads.

With Hanson's approval I would like to see a system that is sort of similar, but with a different/better layout.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Just as a random thread not to be stickied, I want to see a new Diddy Throw Guide. T1J's is nice and all, but is far outdated and poorly formatted. It'd be a great addition to the Kongpendium, but I just don't like the current one >< Anyone want to make one?

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Okay, sorry guys. I know I've been full of empty promises up until this point, but I will get things moving again soon. I've been busy turning my diet and living habits around and readjusting my spending habits, and that's actually been somewhat time-consuming. I'm running and working out again and have been almost completely sober for an entire week, so I'm just trying to roll with the inertia and make sure it lasts through the rest of the season.

I've also been paying a lot of bills and speeding tickets, LOL.

Oh yeah, and getting my driver's license un-revoked, haha.

I will have time this weekend, and we shall settle who will be in charge of what thread. Thanks for your patience.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Okay, sorry guys. I know I've been full of empty promises up until this point, but I will get things moving again soon. I've been busy turning my diet and living habits around and readjusting my spending habits, and that's actually been somewhat time-consuming. I'm running and working out again and have been almost completely sober for an entire week, so I'm just trying to roll with the inertia and make sure it lasts through the rest of the season.

I will have time this weekend, and we shall settle who will be in charge of what thread. Thanks for your patience.
that's ironic cause i just got my permit today, too bad I should have had my license Wednesday, yay for year long procrastinations

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero

Oh...makes sense. Sounds good though, nice to hear other gamers actually work out. xD
Slow down...it's not safe...O_o

that's ironic cause i just got my permit today, too bad I should have had my license Wednesday, yay for year long procrastinations
Oh ****. This whole time I thought you were like 20. Is like every Diddy main a teenager? xD

pastaboy

Smash Champion

lol wut
suprised you dont have any restraining orders to fill out

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Until the revamp comes, we should get to know each other. :)
How's everyone's summers going? xD

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
well...I turn 16 in 20 minutes and 15 seconds
And you spend that time with us... :cry: It means so much, it's so moving...
EDIT: And congrats too, of course. Not much time left!

I'm working :) I just graduated high school, so this is my transition summer. Works... monotonous, but it's going well. My friends have had a perpetual Brawlfest going on at all of our houses since school let out; once one party ends, we move to another house xD We're rarely without Brawl this summer.

/worried we're spamming too much

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
Oh man I got constantly 2 stocked by a 15 year old? Haha those were fun dittos for me P 1 u taught me stuff. I turn 18 in august btw. Just graduated!!

Player-3

Smash Hero
Oh man I got constantly 2 stocked by a 15 year old? Haha those were fun dittos for me P 1 u taught me stuff. I turn 18 in august btw. Just graduated!!
sucks for you

at least your not some poor mk player that got 2 stocked by a 15 year old

who was using captain falcon

in an offline tournament match

(i was playing cf)

poor guy

Top Bottom