• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winds of Change Are A-Blowin'...

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
well...I turn 16 in 20 minutes and 15 seconds
Nice! One of our most influential Diddy players just got the ability to use a license...this is ridiculous. Jk. I turn 17 in two days; the 10th is actually my birthday.

congrats!

um, my summer is all packed mostly, going to china (hong kong) and an alaska cruise probably
Sounds legit, excited?

I'm working :) I just graduated high school, so this is my transition summer. Works... monotonous, but it's going well. My friends have had a perpetual Brawlfest going on at all of our houses since school let out; once one party ends, we move to another house xD We're rarely without Brawl this summer.
Well, I'm assuming all of us go to Brawlfests over the summer, I mean...it's summer. :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah there is a player-2, but he's really just starting to get decent in the competitive scene.

And I waited a year to get my permit so I won't have my license for a whole nother year >.>

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
And I waited a year to get my permit so I won't have my license for a whole nother year >.>
That sucks. I didn't think I wanted to drive back when I was turning 16, but man, being able to is so convenient. If only I didn't have to be only driving to work now :\ (Not that work's bad, but you know, other things I'd possibly rather be doing, hopefully not sleeping).

There are some threads I'd love to see some people write; I'd write them myself, but I don't think I'm experienced enough. I think they'd really benefit the community; I'll post my ideas when I get back from work.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
sucks for you

at least your not some poor mk player that got 2 stocked by a 15 year old

who was using captain falcon

in an offline tournament match

(i was playing cf)

poor guy
I got 2 stocked by a 16 year old females R.O.B. It's good to know not all the girls that I know that play Brawl suck.

Also, if the position(s) is(are) still open, I'd be willing to help out, seeing I'm still in High School and can't get a job. <.< I know alot of you probably don't know me, but I do know about Diddy and his match-ups.;)

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
There are some threads I'd love to see some people write; I'd write them myself, but I don't think I'm experienced enough. I think they'd really benefit the community; I'll post my ideas when I get back from work.
I can start on a new doubles thread if you want. I actually want Count to help me on it though. Doubles doesn't really have as much information as singles so I know I'll need a 2nd opinion. I'll PM him.

Also, if the position(s) is(are) still open, I'd be willing to help out, seeing I'm still in High School and can't get a job. <.< I know alot of you probably don't know me, but I do know about Diddy and his match-ups.;)
But...you're a Meta Knight main...and you never post on the Diddy boards...? (O_o)y
(Sorry if that seemed rude, I didn't mean for it to come off that way)

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I moved from the US 6 months before I turned 16 and could get my license. Things always seem to have bad timing with me lol

I dont know what I could help with but I really want to help. It just seems like all the threads have already been taken :( So yeah let me know if there are any openings.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Yes, I main MK, so?
Umm, I think it's just natural for us as a board to want people that we not only know but trust. People like, Le_Thien, P-1, Ingulit, Advent, and I think you get my point. They've made it known that they know what they're talking about. I'm not implying that you do not have a fair amount of Diddy knowledge, just that people are more inclined to trust the faces we're used to seeing. I do hope you aren't a stranger to the Diddy boards though, it's always nice to see new posters.

I don't know what I could help with but I really want to help. It just seems like all the threads have already been taken :( So yeah let me know if there are any openings.
Want to help with the doubles thread? (I'm not sure how much you play doubles so it's up to you)

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
I understand what your saying, but isn't the whole point in this thread to find people who have time? So if the people you mentioned did have time, wouldn't the admin approach them first?

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah let Pastaboy do it, I personally have no doubles experience. But expect some singles vids of me next week :)

pastaboy

Smash Champion
also id like to start a weekly move discussion thread some character boards have it and it would be pretty helpful for us, seeing how every move diddy has is and should be used

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I understand what your saying, but isn't the whole point in this thread to find people who have time? So if the people you mentioned did have time, wouldn't the admin approach them first?
Yes, but Le_Thien also used the word "capable" when he made this thread. Which I think goes back to my previous post.

also id like to start a weekly move discussion thread some character boards have it and it would be pretty helpful for us, seeing how every move diddy has is and should be used
Count and I have briefly started talking about Diddy's "best" partner(s). Is there a way to do a 3-way PM or would we just do separate PMs?

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
First off, I DO main Diddy. But if what your trying to say is that I'm not well known enough, than I can understand that, I mean, I wouldn't want some ****** telling me how too improve. lol

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
First off, I DO main Diddy. But if what your trying to say is that I'm not well known enough, than I can understand that, I mean, I wouldn't want some ****** telling me how too improve. lol
Yes, I main MK, so?
Anyway, yes the fact that you aren't known enough is what I have been trying to point out.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Sorry, I didn't know the law stated I can only have 1 main.
Uhhhh. Main normally means singular? I mean it's fine that you play 2 characters "equally" well, that just means you don't have a main.

my aim is pastaboy9111 id add me should do a 3 way aim chat
That's fine with me. Tonight is not a good night though. I will be hosting a smashfest at my place in about an hour. I can forward you what Count and I have already said though.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
I think of a main as the character(s) you use most, and secondaries are the chars you use when your playing a char who beats your main.

Good luck guys.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
So right now, here are my volunteers and suggestions for heading specific threads:

1. Diddy Kong Character Guide [???]
  2. Diddy Kong Information Index/Kongpendium [Ingulit]
  3. Diddy Kong Tournament Results Index [Count]
  4. Diddy Kong Q&A/Social Room [Vyse]
  5. Diddy Kong Match-Up Index & Discussion Threads [???]
  6. Diddy Kong Video Critique Thread [Player-1, GooseMains Diddy]
Vyse doesn't really even need to manage the Q&A thread in any capacity, since its freeform pulpit and open-ended qualities is often enough to drive discussion and conversation all on its own. I do, however, propose that it also be retitled as the Q&A/Social Room, rather than create an entirely new thread (and therefore another sticky).

On that note, I would also like someone to occasionally update the OP of the Q&A/Social thread in order to promote some form of order. It doesn't always have to be skerious biznaz; just a shift in topics (Brawl-related or otherwise) so that people can get back on track and on the same page so that we don't have five mini-discussions going on all at once.

What do you think, Vyse? Is this something you would be interested in doing, or should I appoint someone else?

Also, I really need one or possibly willing, able, knowledgeable and dedicated individuals with a strong sense of teamwork to head up the new character guide. I had 4RCE and Kaptain Kong in mind for this; how do either of you feel about this recommendation? Are either of you interested? I don't care who amongst all of us wants to do this, but it just needs to be detailed and clean in presentation. I'm sure there are a number of people who can do this if neither of you are interested.

PhatyCHONG, for reasons that I will abstain from noting right now, I won't be able to head up the new match-up index and related discussion threads. Think you would be interested in taking over for me? I like the way you format your posts, and I think you will do a great job in compiling information and guiding discussion from week to week without bias.

P1/GooseMainsDiddy, I would like very much for both of these threads to be combined under one umbrella topic if at all possible, but I don't really know of the logistics of either topics can make this feasible; I can see a singular thread being flooded with a rush of hard-to-manage information. Even at that, though, I still don't feel entirely comfortable sticky-ing two threads that are essentially about the same thing. Get back at me on this ASAP so we can figure out a solution for this. Perhaps there is something both of you can do?

Count, I don't know how we want to do this, but I still would like to keep tabs on all 2008 results. I will brainstorm on a way to make presentations of both years easy to read and feasible to skim through.

Finally, @ Ingulit: There are a ton of great threads that have fallen wayside to the forum archives over time. I can comb through some of the last several months a post up links, but do you think you would be interested in doing this as well? Also, there are still a couple of format issues I'd like to acknowledge with you, either on here or via PM. It's nothing drastic or anything that will hurt your feelings (I think, LOL).

Also, a list of people who have expressed interest in helping in some capacity:

• Bellioes
  • Coyn3Masta
  • AvaricePanda
  • PhatyCHONG
  • 4RCE
  • Cambriel
  • DFEAR
  • Teneban
  • Kaptain Kong
  • pastaboy
I'd love for all of you to help with this soon. I just have to figure out the logistics of everything, and who has what covered.

Other than that, I think we're off to a fantastic start.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
me count and 4rce will be starting a doubles match-up thread. Which probobly will include. diddys top 10 partners, why they are good, what to look out for, good stages, good setup combos ect.

I would also probobly be starting a weekly move discussion, kind of like the peach boards.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Also, I really need one or possibly willing, able, knowledgeable and dedicated individuals with a strong sense of teamwork to head up the new character guide. I had 4RCE and Kaptain Kong in mind for this; how do either of you feel about this recommendation? Are either of you interested? I don't care who amongst all of us wants to do this, but it just needs to be detailed and clean in presentation. I'm sure there are a number of people who can do this if neither of you are interested.

I'm down to do anything, but I'm a little lost about what you want. Do you just want a thread with Diddy's move-set and a rating for each move? I'd be willing to work with Kaptain Kong on this; if we're rating moves (like DSmash gets a 5/5 while jab gets 2/5) I think it'd be nice to have another opinion.

I think PhatyChong should bring back the stage discussion.

What Pasta just said.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
@ Dark Ryu & Dekar: Thank you, gentlemen! I'll keep everyone posted.

Other miscellaneous notes:

• Count, go ahead and take out the "Under Construction" portion in your tourney thread. I think everyone pretty much knows that this whole forum is under construction by now. =)
  • PhatyCHONG, I'm still debating whether or not your stage discussion is a necessary sticky. As I've mentioned before, I just want to bare-bones necessities to be stickied, and would like to avoid clutter at all costs. What are your thoughts on this?
  • Doubles Partners and Move Set Discussions will most likely be filed away under the Kongpendium at this point in time, unless someone manages to compell me otherwise. While both present the potential for useful information, neither one of them would provide the same immediate utility that basic threads like match-up threads do. If you guys decide to pursue both topics, however, make sure you create a main index thread in the similar vein of the upcoming match-up thread.
That's all I've got for now.

Oh, yeah; I guess it would be easier for me to just ask who wants to create a new character guide. I'm not looking for any specific vision, but I do need someone with a clear idea of what they personally want to do. Don't hold this against me, 4RCE. =)

EDIT: Ingulit, please file AZ's Get Better Fast thread under the Kongpendium when you get the chance.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Other miscellaneous notes:

• Doubles Partners and Move Set Discussions will most likely be filed away under the Kongpendium at this point in time, unless someone manages to compell me otherwise. While both present the potential for useful information, neither one of them would provide the same immediate utility that basic threads like match-up threads do. If you guys decide to pursue both topics, however, make sure you create a main index thread in the similar vein of the upcoming match-up thread.

Oh, yeah; I guess it would be easier for me to just ask who wants to create a new character guide. I'm not looking for any specific vision, but I do need someone with a clear idea of what they personally want to do. Don't hold this against me, 4RCE. =)
Err. I'm still a little lost. I think putting the doubles thread in the Kongpendium is fine, but by putting the move-set one into the Kongpendium I think you've noted that there's a difference between a "move-set thread" and a "character guide" and I don't know what that difference is?
:(

zyzzx

Smash Cadet
someone is remaking the character matchup thread, right? It's pretty disorganized and enormous... :o

Edit: Hey it's in the OP.. sorry for being ignorant

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
someone is remaking the character matchup thread, right? It's pretty disorganized and enormous... :o
*sigh* Please read things more closely.

@ 4RCE: The move set discussion threads are just that - threads that explore every angle and possibility related to each move. The character guide is much, much more general.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
Im cool with working on it, and I think it would be better if a couple people such as 4RCE or others helped too, so we can check for accuracy or things that we missed

it would have to be really soon though, Im leaving for Hong Kong in 6 days

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I really have a lot of Diddy stuff saved away on word so I could make a new character guide and it could double as the useful links thread. If your OK with this Hanson, Ill PM you the format of the guide for your opinion. IF you like it, Ill probably have it up within within a week (it would be earlier but I have exams next week :() Heres some things thatll be for sure though; Basics, links, frame data (need help here), strategie etc.
What do you think?

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I really have a lot of Diddy stuff saved away on word so I could make a new character guide and it could double as the useful links thread. If your OK with this Hanson, Ill PM you the format of the guide for your opinion. IF you like it, Ill probably have it up within within a week (it would be earlier but I have exams next week :() Heres some things thatll be for sure though; Basics, links, frame data (need help here), strategie etc.
What do you think?
This sounds good to me. I'd like to be a little involved in this, but I think you've got this under control for the most part.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Do you think we can make a group for all the people who are working on the threads? We can make threads like "Kongpendium" or "Diddy Guide" or "Match-Ups" so that we can work together on the threads without going through a clumsy PM system. Heck, I'll make the group now :)

EDIT: Well, I didn't know how the User Group system works apparently, in that we can't create specific threads inside it. HOWEVER, I think we can still use it for matters of critiquing and tweaking the threads cooperatively. If this turns out to be a bad idea (it isn't what I expected, tbh), then I'll delete the group.

Finally, @ Ingulit: There are a ton of great threads that have fallen wayside to the forum archives over time. I can comb through some of the last several months a post up links, but do you think you would be interested in doing this as well? Also, there are still a couple of format issues I'd like to acknowledge with you, either on here or via PM. It's nothing drastic or anything that will hurt your feelings (I think, LOL).
Regarding the Kongpendium format, please send me a PM or post it in the group (if you think the group is a good idea). And I am going to look through the old threads whenever I get time, but a small brigade of us scrounging for good threads wouldn't be a bad thing at all :)

I'm adding the things you mentioned to the Kongpendium and more as we speak. I should have a considerable bit added to it by the end of the evening.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Le_THieN: If that's what you think, then that's what we'll have.
So like, every once in a while shift the theme of discussion? Sure. I can do that.

EDIT: Was in the middle of reformatting the Q&A thread when I get a call from a friend to go to an impromptu house warming of sorts. A bunch of my mates just moved into a new house.

lol, I guess this is why we're passing the reins of responsibility onto our capable Diddys here :p

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
lol, I guess this is why we're passing the reins of responsibility onto our capable Diddys here :p
LOL. Precisely. We suck, and they don't. =)

EDIT: Bellioes/KK/4RCE, if you guys don't mind collaborating with each other for the sake of double checking each others' work, that would be great. I pretty much trust you guys to do whatever you want, so I'm not going to stress out too much about the format (which will probably change over time, anyway). The important thing is that I want this character guide to actually have longevity, which is just a fancy way of saying that it is well-maintained and always up-to-date. Talk to me about your proposed Strategies section though; I want to avoid delving into super-specifics on the character guide (since we have so many other "mini-guides" in various different threads, but I will be happy to hear out what you have in mind.

Player-1

Smash Legend
@Le_THieN: If that's what you think, then that's what we'll have.
So like, every once in a while shift the theme of discussion? Sure. I can do that.

EDIT: Was in the middle of reformatting the Q&A thread when I get a call from a friend to go to an impromptu house warming of sorts. A bunch of my mates just moved into a new house.

stop messing the Q & A and get to work on the combo video! >=(

Tero.

Smash Champion
Suuuup guys.

I've been messing around with Diddy for quite a while now, but I didn't felt like joining the Diddy boards until now. Partly because it's a hard to join an allready established community.

So I'll just take this chance and say "hello".
I'm so down for this.

TreK

Is "that guy"
woot, an european diddy on the boards, finally xP
i just joined the diddy boards cleaning group thingy, got to check out what it's about btw

Tero.

Smash Champion
woot, an european diddy on the boards, finally xP
i just joined the diddy boards cleaning group thingy, got to check out what it's about btw
Yeah Europe seriously lacks some Diddys.
We should change that.

And I'm ready to help cleaning this place up (if you want me :p)

Top Bottom