• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC POWER RANKINGS *Discussion*

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
So i've been ruffling threw Swf lately and noticing every other state has there power rankings.
Now as well all know Sc has been stepping up in smash and developing a smash scene. Don't care if its the same people every tourney there's more around that haven't found out yet or couldn't make it i know of 3-4 on Aib and 3 friends from my old high school who play competitive.

That being said lets develop Power rankings threw the past tourneys (no i'm not doing this because i placed at the last one)

Lets try to make the Sc smash scene more official, So how can we organize this?

Our judges? top 5 or 10? honorable mentions. Post the Crews of Sc in the thread Etc.

Just brain storming here Eyay Dev Trc tell me what you guys think.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
^^^^^^^^^^^ OH LAWD! thanks i'll consider that when the discussion starts.
Lol j/k yes we have currently been making a rising in brawlers

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
well, your not going to get much out of TRC he hates brawl.

however there are a few of us, as far as crews go. its like, me, dev, bo, jman, ARS, Crio, and maybe one other that im forgetting. were sort of known as "the GE crew" because thats where most of our tournaments were. then theres thunders group, then khaoz's aiken kids. as far as a power ranking system, i would say it would go like this
1 yay
2 devin
3 the great Bo.

and so on.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Yes thats true and im apart of thunders squad now.

I agree with you snap top 5 or 10 though? I thought mega smash was # 1 LOL

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
well, the thing about it is youve only been to one tournament. power rankings are done over time. i may not act like it often but im pretty astute some times.

also, Bo plays snake and lucario.

Hes also a good friend of mine.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Yea im not worried about being in the power rankings really i just want to get them started and make Sc more official ( refer to second comment by some FL guy)

I played bo after i played you. He told you pick pick Red marth then you proceeded to make me and the whole tourney laugh like hell!

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Lol that comment and the mid game stop for a taunt was TOO FUNNY!
*BACK ON TOPIC*

If this is approved by The normal tourney goer's ill proceed to post as told. Lets get something started SC.

I'll post crews and members also if its approved

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Usually Power Rankings are top 10-15 and you might want to consider combination with another state, like i know theres Va/MD as a Region. I need to be ranked :D

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
But most the Sc smasher haven't went out of state Unless i missed that convo. we could combine with Nc or Ga but as i seen they both have there own already but good point there. Cura Sk sk92 which ever one im sure you will make it onto sc power ranks you did good at apex man.

And umm, come to plasma's tourney son lets get some more competition!

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Power rankings usually cause a lot of hostility, but since we're all friends around here I guess we wouldn't fight about it too much. I don't really care where I'm placed on it, but I've played pretty much everyone... so I guess I could help out.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Im surprised SC accually has players i could find any when i lived there.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
We don't need power rankings, I was gonna try it before, but no—it just isn't tangible.

To say that anyone after #5 is worthy of a spot on a PR list is just laughable.

We, as an entire state, have only a handful of decent players, after that, there isn't anything.

We're just not big enough, we were on with NC for a while, but they took that back because they kept growing, we're just getting left behind.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
OOO Racial. Well Eyay you know you would be a panelist as well as devin and one more of you two guys choice then come up with a ruff draft of top 5 and ill get it posted. After word we with sketch out the other 5

Edit: Just read dev's post. If there growing and leaving us behind should we stop and watch and expand our selves?. If anything after top 5 is laughable then make the Pr's top 5 and leave it at that. as more come we make the Pr's bigger.

Don't just laugh at the idea put something into it so it can seem tangible if not then I guess pr's wont be posted :(

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
not racist just pointing on the biggest noticable difference between me and sk92 lol. SC is a very small smash state. any past a 5man pr system i could see as laughable.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Dude, you're missing the point.

Completely.

To say that, (insert #10 on PR list here), is in the top ten of our state is just embarrassing.

If you want it, I've got hard data with numbers, graphs, tables and **** from our first year of Brawl—there aren't enough tournaments, and there aren't enough players.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I see your point.
as you explained it completely now. So i guess there is no Pr's :(

O well discussion is always worth a try

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Did i not just statee that? lol. dont get worked up! SC just needs to step it up is all. i miss sc :/

zCasanova

Smash Lord
There really isn't anything to discuss.

We have a few players that will do/have done well outside of SC—other than that: zero, zip, zilch, notta.

We know who they are, they know who they are—that's enough.

Once you start proposing lists of people who don't deserve to be on a PR list—PERIOD—****'s going to hit the fan, because after those that have already been mentioned, the line between who's better than who becomes really ****ing blurry.

Not to mention, we finally broke a 16-man bracket for the first time this year on Saturday... halfway through the year.

... yes, really.

Most of our tournaments don't even break ten people. I think TRC's first only had nine, and that's not even enough to warrant discussion for a list.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
You see i don't know these things Thats why i posted a discussion instead of jumping right into it.

Notice in the first post i asked what you eyay and Trc thought because you guys were pretty much running the last tourney. But if its nothing then i guess forget about it yea?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well discussion never hurt Maybe it get more hidden SC smashers into the scene. REP SC. STOP DOWNING IT.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
And Gaia you have hit the nail on the head for me.
Who cares who laughs that why its SC's Pr (not anyother states).

O well idea down the drain, next tourney should be fun

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Sorry... Snap... where'd u pull Bo 3rd by ARS, Me, or Crio???

Statistically, ARS, Dev, and me would be top 3. Ryan/Khai are great, but don't make enough to count based on hard data.

Sorry, facts are facts. Crio, Yay, Ryan, Khai, JMan, ARS, and Dev are SC's strongest brawl players. Bo, Azzy, Thunder, ect are in "mid tier"

Other ppl havr e yet to show otherwise

But i did it day 1 all Sonic ;)

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
JMAN THANKS FOR THE INPUT i would agree but i don't know any of those people really who is Ars?

I hope to see you guys at Plasma tourney. if we can get more input maybe dev will change his mind

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well if i still live in SC id place top 3 :/. Ill be back someday.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
maybe dev will change his mind
JMan's post only reinforces my point. We have who we have, and we know who they are, but it isn't enough to produce a respectable PR list.

No need to put numbers anywhere—besides, half of those people don't play anymore/never attend tournaments.

And, it isn't just me, others are disagreeing with it, as well. Most just aren't as vocal as I am.

Let this thread die, maybe by the end of '09 we'll have something more to support this kind of movement. Now just isn't the time, and SC certainly isn't the place.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
im basing that off the last three tournaments ive been to, jman. ive seen bo almost beat yay's snake with his. i just feel bo's third. as for adam where the **** has he been?

and ryan and khai are cool enough and good enough. but i just forgot about them. jman, when you beat khaoz we will see who the best alantic south sonic is.

but honestly saying your the best alantic south sonic is like saying your the coolest kid with down syndrome. there just arent that many sonics to compare yourself to. dont get me wrong here i think your good at smash and i have the utmost respect for you my faux tier hero friend. i just dont see it. sonics a little higher now. but really so what? that new tier list is the dumbest thing i have ever seen in my life.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
And as requested by Dev
*let this thread rest in peace* Gl at plasmas

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
As does mine*

And we were going to hold a tourney in January, but a death of the TO and the establishment owner kinna shot it to hell. It got suspended indefinitely.

And im sorry again snap, but that is still BS. Bo is good, but Bo doesnt consistently do as well, regardless of who enters the tourney. Just a fact.

And Khoaz has yet to prove anything to me that his Sonic is better... so that idea flies out the window too.

Not to mention i was best in the midwest b4 i moved... and there actually is/was a Sonic at UNCC, that came to a few tournies and a few ppl tried to say was better... but seeing as a:) i beat him, b:) i won 2/3 matches, and c:) I placed WELL above him in EVERY tourney.... im better :)

Sorry... i take that **** personally... i go all Sonic, all day, and dammit, im the ATL SOUTH BEST!!!

and Umby may not be maining Sonic anymore.... <3 Umby :(

Tenki, as well, is a great Atl South Sonic

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
im basing that off the last three tournaments ive been to, jman. ive seen bo almost beat yay's snake with his. i just feel bo's third. as for adam where the **** has he been?

and ryan and khai are cool enough and good enough. but i just forgot about them. jman, when you beat khaoz we will see who the best alantic south sonic is.

but honestly saying your the best alantic south sonic is like saying your the coolest kid with down syndrome. there just arent that many sonics to compare yourself to. dont get me wrong here i think your good at smash and i have the utmost respect for you my faux tier hero friend. i just dont see it. sonics a little higher now. but really so what? that new tier list is the dumbest thing i have ever seen in my life.
Wait a second, lol. When did Bo ever play my Snake in a ditto - ever? I've never played him in a Snake ditto because they're ********, I'm sure he can come and vouch that we've never played a ditto, not that it matters...

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Whens the next SC tourney. Some one give me a thread link? i might have to stop by if i go down to visit my rents. They live in Lexington. i hope its not far. Whats the attendence like? i know theyre usually small. but the again so is soVA

Criosphinx

Smash Lord

I would just like to contribute the fact that; even in my current state of extreme apathy towards brawl (see: choosing ridiculous characters in tournaments), I am still better than Bo.

I don't mean disrespect, it's just the truth.

Top Bottom