• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seph's Summer NJ' Genesis 7/10

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
Not going to Genesis? Doesn't Matter!. Want to play smash? come over Friday July 10th in central NJ

INFO

Friday July 10. 2009
Time: 11 am til the last person leaves =D

Address - 1508 Bayley Court, Bridgewater NJ 08807
GO IN THRU THE BACK!!!!! CALL WHEN HERE

Venue Fee: 3$
Helps me cuz thers gonna be mad stuff like chairs and a really confortable place. ill post pics up soon. come in through the pack patio into my basement with the pro air condish and carpet, + games. dont park outside find an empty space before and after the house

I want most of NJ to come over hang out with everyone and play brawl. if enough people show up we will make a mini tourney. Right now its just a smashfest to get the feel for the hosting of a tourny. all crews all people, all backgrounds ( even inui!!!)

its gonna be really chill, great way to experiance smash and pract and train for those going to genesis and a tourny like experiance for those not going. all get at my MK in dittos and money matches!!!

To bring
let me know on AIM -Shadowinblu or by cell 732-447-5004 if you are comming.i would like to know so it wont get too crazy but the more the better.

i have 3 setups and 2 more comming from a Mob member. i need just 2 more if you could bring a TV and a wii that would be greatly appreciated let me know to put on the list. i have plenty of space in my cool basement with a basketball hoop and fooseball table incase anyone else wants to do something else.

i also have a hd tv if anyone wants to bring or play xbox 360 games. blazblue =D

Brawl =D

General rules:
3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"
All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

use the stage striking system =D

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter

Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd

also. no planking ;-) this one hurts me the most

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
u pay 10 bucks for a venue at normal tournies and just get to sit in there. and i just ask for 3 and theres a free pizza included plus all the tvs and wiis and chairs and other snacks ill provide jeez XD

its gonna be crazy invite ur mother sister and daughters if they play brawl O_O

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Seph it is not a complaint.

If we are paying for pizza then it isn't free. They are just poking at the paradox of words you used. It is a really good offer though. I'd come in for free, since we can have a "Arepa Luancher" match and the fun would just make up for the money. :)

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
Right now it's iffy for me. Sister says she can drive if I pay for gas money but we'll see.

Essentially I'm giving you the same ambiguous vague response as 90% of the other people will. "This sounds sweet I'll see if I can make it"

Edit: Ironically the person above me posted almost the exact same thing =-P. Also, you mention Inui in the thread. Isn't he going to Genesis?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Right now it's iffy for me. Sister says she can drive if I pay for gas money but we'll see.

Essentially I'm giving you the same ambiguous vague response as 90% of the other people will. "This sounds sweet I'll see if I can make it"

Edit: Ironically the person above me posted almost the exact same thing =-P.
What is the response of the 10% I ask you sir?

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
What is the response of the 10% I ask you sir?
Uhh... I guess it's more like 99% would say "I'll see if I can make it", but the minority I meant would be the people who say "I am coming to this and I am bringing _____". Like the people who know they're coming instead of "I'll see if I can try and make this".

PS: Puffster has a texture hack for Lucas to look like Milhouse. I thought of you <3.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Uhh... I guess it's more like 99% would say "I'll see if I can make it", but the minority I meant would be the people who say "I am coming to this and I am bringing _____". Like the people who know they're coming instead of "I'll see if I can try and make this".

PS: Puffster has a texture hack for Lucas to look like Milhouse. I thought of you <3.
Thx :bee:. Shame though, I don't like milhouse or Lucas :(.

Someone hack me bart(dont know), Marge(peach), Lisa(zss??), or Homer(dont know) and I'll go crazy and pick up a new main :laugh:

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
yea anyone coming should be ready for like the longest smash fest with a lot of stuff to do if they want to take a break

anyway if u really do wanna play 360 i have halo/gears most popular games but i realllly wanna go get blazblu =[

anyone think they can bring a small tv or something O_O

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion

Someone hack me bart(dont know), Marge(peach), Lisa(zss??), or Homer(dont know) and I'll go crazy and pick up a new main :laugh:
Homer should obviously be Dedede.

Lol Homer's not that fatt

Samus would make a crazyy Homer

lol upB

yea anyone coming should be ready for like the longest smash fest with a lot of stuff to do if they want to take a break

anyway if u really do wanna play 360 i have halo/gears most popular games but i realllly wanna go get blazblu =[

anyone think they can bring a small tv or something O_O
If I come I'm bringing 4 tvs, unless that's too much. lemme know.

Allied

Smash Master
i'll try to come everyone whos hitting this up the day after should come to my tournament <3

gonna see if i can make dan drive 0_O

seph me and you shud do some team practice

team name - Seph's got clutch but allied's mad cute

what?

XD

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
^^ lmao dude we are doing teams all night at this please come with all those ppl.

JG if u want just bring 2 but 4 more TVs is always cool XDDD

seph = clutch
allied = cute
seph + allied = sephs mad clutch but allied 2 cute

daisho

Smash Lord

DK has the tie for homer and is fat enough.

I might be able to go to this

Bladewing

Smash Apprentice
i'm gonna try to come to this.

if i am coming I'll bring my wii with balanced brawl. By chance will anyone have a computer there with an sd card reader (in case no one wants to play balanced brawl)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Seph I might possibly try to stop by...I'm gonna be in New Brunswick that day hopefully.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
yes! go to this and well do some m2k vs ally

lol this is getting to be near 20 ppl so we should make it tourny where

singles = 10 bucks
doubles = 5 per person.

this will help a lot get things comptetitive along money matches anyone is doing. recording and everythign will be here

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
DK has the tie for homer and is fat enough.

I might be able to go to this
Homer really isn't that fat.... I thought Ganon would be good. A little skinny but w/e. Better than being huge imo. I wouldn't mind DK if someone made it look good. Marge Peach is something I feel should really be done.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol sorry bro...i'm giving a ride to this girl who lives near me to the party we're going to and i can't be around new brunswick til later in the day...

still <3 tho...right?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
ur scared what?

lol if u cant make it before or after well thats cool well play some other time. have fun with the miss =D

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Yo what is the train station's name in Bridgewater, cause I would arrive at that station at 11:48, but I just want to make sure I got the right station.I don't want to end up in the wrong place.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
if u take the train arrive at raritan NOT bridgewater XD thats too far from me

RARITAN on the nj transit k?

txt or call my cell or aim front page

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I thought you meant take a train from Raritan, iight well thanks, then I'll arrive at Raritan at 10:56 am. I would be taking a bus from Trenton.

Could I like stay over someone's house, and leave the next day, just so I can stay as long as possible. Instead of leaving at 5 pm.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lmao shush xio...you're still in contempt for not recognizing me! :p

seph i'll give you as much snake training as you need once i get back to rutgers in the fall...fox wolf and wario too! ...if you have a falcon problem though...you should quit bawlr :laugh:

Top Bottom