• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Gen

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Just had an idea for an alternate Psyduck evolution.

It's a Water/Flying-Type pokemon, based (design-wise) on the one shown above. Maybe evolution is determined by a held item?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just had an idea for an alternate Psyduck evolution.

It's a Water/Flying-Type pokemon, based (design-wise) on the one shown above. Maybe evolution is determined by a held item?
While this is different, I actually made a sprite for an evolution to Golduck in the wee days of TCPS. It's called Sagiduck:

Based on the green feathers as seen on a Mallard, I figured it would be a perfect evolution. Psyduck is yellow, Golduck is blue, so the evolution is the missing color - green, but specifically "sage green". Sagiduck corresponds both with its color, and its affinity with the "psychic", being based also on a sage, hence, it's wizard-robe like appearance.

XACE-K

Smash Master
is my idea for a chatot evo shallow or does it just need concept art?
Well the Chatot evo could be a tucan which is an bird someone wanted to be a pokemon. Kitsuneko's and Spire's notes idea. The only thing is that how closely are parrots and tucans related?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sagiduck? Sounds interesting. I always wondered why the Psyduck family of all pokemon aren't Psychic-Types...

XACE-K

Smash Master
This may seem starange but how about the creature on Slowbro's tail be a new pokemon? It could be an evolved form of Shellder that was traded or leveled up with a specific hold item.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
This may seem starange but how about the creature on Slowbro's tail be a new pokemon? It could be an evolved form of Shellder that was traded or leveled up with a specific hold item.
:flame:
Possibly given the item "Slowpoke Tail". The weird way it transformed from a Shellder into something completely different from that family tht we never get to use is messed up, and should be playable.

What has been decided on so far again? I'm slow.

Also, how do you sprite again? I'd love to try to give my ideas a physical form... but should what lie locked within my skull be allowed to see the light of day? Oh my gosh.... what unearthly horrors are locked within the dark hellish nightmare that I call my imagination?

:flame:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I don't know about spriting either, so I can't help on thet, but most of the ideas that have been mentioned are in the first post.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Let's keep in mind that every ts very hard to see that every idea is read and put on the front page, especially for one person to sift through it all.
So don't take it personally.

Wrath`

Smash Master
There are no choice items that raise only defenses. We should have one that raises Def/S.Def 1.5 like all other choice items, but only allows you to uses Status/Supporting attacks.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
There are no choice items that raise only defenses. We should have one that raises Def/S.Def 1.5 like all other choice items, but only allows you to uses Status/Supporting attacks.
That would encourage major stalling. There are better ways to encourage non-stalling, defensive play.
For instance, that would make my Slack Off-Swallow-Toxic-Protect Snorlax nearly unstoppable, allowing it to do nothing but stall and devour your pokemons PP till they have to struggle, hurting themselves far more than me.

Wrath`

Smash Master
That would encourage major stalling. There are better ways to encourage non-stalling, defensive play.
For instance, that would make my Slack Off-Swallow-Toxic-Protect Snorlax nearly unstoppable, allowing it to do nothing but stall and devour your pokemons PP till they have to struggle, hurting themselves far more than me.

Yeah, I was thinking that it might become that.

I think we should have hold items called Gear, that change your pokemon's ability, not overpowered ones, but generic ones like Pressure, Blaze,etc.. (the simpler ones) Maybe even Traunt, a good trick switch item.

I do not think ti could make any Pokemon overpowered, and it might bring a few more into the UU mix if they had a better ability

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If it ran the same system that Hidden Power did, that would be interesting, and how Hidden Power filled some pokemon's move set, this could also change some pokemon's roll in teams.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535

I think we should have hold items called Gear, that change your pokemon's ability, not overpowered ones, but generic ones like Pressure, Blaze,etc.. (the simpler ones) Maybe even Traunt, a good trick switch item.

I do not think ti could make any Pokemon overpowered, and it might bring a few more into the UU mix if they had a better ability
I like this GEAR idea! You can take the items from Mystery Dungeon and use those!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Any plans to keep the thread alive? I dig it, and would like to continue working with you guys.

Any good Pokemon designs? I'd love to draw some more up.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well, I suck at drawing, but...

a pokemon based on a Samurai, a baby form of Skarmory, a Bug/Electric-Type evolution line, and a Bug/Fire-Type evolution line would be cool. If you need a more in-depth description, I could... try to give you one.

Cool new avatar, also.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I have had a concept for a double game type thing.

I don't have names, but one is a Pokemon of the past and one of the future

In The Past most all the area is dense forest with small villages scattered around, and one bigger "city" type area that is like a giant bazaar.
I don't have a plot in mind or a system like gyms. All the Pokemon would be the more natural types, and fossilized pokemon would exist in the wild, but Pokemon such as porygon and magnimite would not be available. Sprites would be more earth toned looking.

In The Future There is little vegetation, but not exactly polluted like Spire's Rust. There is one giant city with different sectors and a couple of hidden natural areas. The Pokemon are more mechanical looking and most have been steel typed or have lost a type. Porygons and mucks and others can be found wild in back streets and sewers. But regular Pokemon can be found in the rare natural spots.

Some ideas I had.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Those are pretty good.

Maybe they could also do a Water World Wind Waker-esque type thing and cover everything in water.

And on the other hand... A completely earthy, dry, land-based environment?

Kind of like what would happen if you didn't stop Groudon/Kyogre in Ruby/Sapphire.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have had a concept for a double game type thing.

I don't have names, but one is a Pokemon of the past and one of the future

In The Past most all the area is dense forest with small villages scattered around, and one bigger "city" type area that is like a giant bazaar.
I don't have a plot in mind or a system like gyms. All the Pokemon would be the more natural types, and fossilized pokemon would exist in the wild, but Pokemon such as porygon and magnimite would not be available. Sprites would be more earth toned looking.

In The Future There is little vegetation, but not exactly polluted like Spire's Rust. There is one giant city with different sectors and a couple of hidden natural areas. The Pokemon are more mechanical looking and most have been steel typed or have lost a type. Porygons and mucks and others can be found wild in back streets and sewers. But regular Pokemon can be found in the rare natural spots.

Some ideas I had.
I dig mang. I've envisioned an ancient Pokemon world, where Pokeballs have yet to be invented, and as such, Pokemon are captured more traditionally. The world would draw inspiration from numerous ancient civilizations, such as Greece/Rome, Japan, Egypt, and Scandinavia. And yes, the fossil Pokemon we know would be more commonplace.
Well, I suck at drawing, but...

a pokemon based on a Samurai, a baby form of Skarmory, a Bug/Electric-Type evolution line, and a Bug/Fire-Type evolution line would be cool. If you need a more in-depth description, I could... try to give you one.

Cool new avatar, also.

Those are pretty good.

Maybe they could also do a Water World Wind Waker-esque type thing and cover everything in water.

And on the other hand... A completely earthy, dry, land-based environment?

Kind of like what would happen if you didn't stop Groudon/Kyogre in Ruby/Sapphire.
I have a good idea for a Samurai Pokemon. Unless Lapras and Tropius get baby forms also, I wouldn't want Skarmory to have one, because I see the three of them as (like I said in my description for Tuskithor) generation equivalents. Bug/Electric would be good for a firefly-like Pokemon, and then of course, Bug/Fire would be perfect for our Fire Ant family.

However, let's get away from making "what if" versions of Ruby and Sapphire. Seeing as how 4th Gen branched into the time/space realm, basing two games in the past and future would be considerably cool. Imagine if they were bundled together, just as Red & Blue, Gold & Silver, Ruby & Sapphire, and Diamond and Pearl were. Perhaps people from the future were able to use the powers of Dialga and Palkia to travel to the past, where they introduced technology such as the Pokeball to the ancient humans. That way, Pokemon could actually be traded between both games, but would yield significant differences as many Pokemon from the "Past" game would not be in the "Future" game, and vice versa.

Also, are you a fan of Ween?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have a few more sketches I need to clean up and color. I'm sure you guys will enjoy :)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Oh my god this is so nostalgic.

Anyways. I still hold onto the idea that a Farfetch'd and Cacturne evo is necessary, as well as a ninja-esque Pokemon (not Ninjask) preferably Dark / Fighting.

-Terywj

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Anyways. I still hold onto the idea that a Farfetch'd and Cacturne evo is necessary, as well as a ninja-esque Pokemon (not Ninjask) preferably Dark / Fighting.

-Terywj
I would certainly enjoy a cacturne evo...

I wanted to have Cacturne on my team, but other pokemon just filled his role better...

Spire

III
BRoomer

-Terywj
Oh yes, the Farfetch'd evolution has to be a swan with a sword.

As for the Ninja Pokemon, a Samurai Pokemon was also brought up in this thread, so perhaps the Ninja could evolve into the Samurai, or they could be counterparts like Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.

Wrath`

Smash Master
We could go further with the Ninja, Samurai concept and add a third (Hitmontop-role) and a young trainee (Tyrouge role)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I can't quite think of a third to fit the role...

I would say Martial Artist, but that's pretty much what Tyrogue's family is composed of, so I'm not quite sure that would be the best choice.

Any ideas?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I would say Martial Artist, but that's pretty much what Tyrogue's family is composed of, so I'm not quite sure that would be the best choice.

Any ideas?
...One of those river/ bridge guard things?

there already are ninja pokemon though

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Any ideas?
I agree with this. The concept has already been used so I don't think we should copy an already used concept and get rid of it's uniqueness.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

Any ideas?
I agree with this. The concept has already been used so I don't think we should copy an already used concept and get rid of it's uniqueness.

-:bowser:Bowser King
Make the third evolution Pokemon a Thief and build the evolution process on a system of friendship as well as night and day. Samurai and Ninja evolve at full friendship; Samurai by day, Ninja by night. Sound familiar? Well, this will throw you. Thief is the evolution created when friendship hits the minimum, or in other words 0, when the Pokemon would hate you most.

And now you have something completely new. Throw the idea behind Umbreon and Espeon in with the idea behind the Tyrogue family, add something that Nintendo had never even messed with (past the move Frustration, which is the only thing based off of minimum friendship), and you have something completely unique, as well as a completely new concept to work with for the creation of other Pokemon.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Make the third evolution Pokemon a Thief and build the evolution process on a system of friendship as well as night and day. Samurai and Ninja evolve at full friendship; Samurai by day, Ninja by night. Sound familiar? Well, this will throw you. Thief is the evolution created when friendship hits the minimum, or in other words 0, when the Pokemon would hate you most.

And now you have something completely new. Throw the idea behind Umbreon and Espeon in with the idea behind the Tyrogue family, add something that Nintendo had never even messed with (past the move Frustration, which is the only thing based off of minimum friendship), and you have something completely unique, as well as a completely new concept to work with for the creation of other Pokemon.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but this idea is entirely awesome, right?

Now actually correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't your Pokemon begin to disobey you if your friendship is zero? If so, then this Pokemon better be worth it in the long run, because you'll have to work to get it to hate you, then work to get it back up.

Oh oh! New concept. A Pokemon that evolves every time it crosses a certain fluctuating stat, like friendship for example. The Pokemon is naturally unstable in its form, so with friendship as an example, say you get it above the halfway mark towards liking you - it would then take one form, but if it dropped below that mark, then it would change back to its other form. It can be caught wild in both forms, and each have different movepools and statistics, so depending on how you raise it, it could either make or break you. Just as it's chemically unstable, so too can its moveset turn out in conjunction with whatever type combination it turns out to be (different ones for the two forms).

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Make EVS based on how you use your pokemon, not who you battle. I use special moves, sp. attack goes up. I use defense moves, HP and the defense goes up. I use priority moves, my speed goes up. I want this.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Make EVS based on how you use your pokemon, not who you battle. I use special moves, sp. attack goes up. I use defense moves, HP and the defense goes up. I use priority moves, my speed goes up. I want this.
I'm not too sure about this. EV training Pokemon at low levels would become incredibly frustrating.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

Now actually correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't your Pokemon begin to disobey you if your friendship is zero? If so, then this Pokemon better be worth it in the long run, because you'll have to work to get it to hate you, then work to get it back up.

Oh oh! New concept. A Pokemon that evolves every time it crosses a certain fluctuating stat, like friendship for example. The Pokemon is naturally unstable in its form, so with friendship as an example, say you get it above the halfway mark towards liking you - it would then take one form, but if it dropped below that mark, then it would change back to its other form. It can be caught wild in both forms, and each have different movepools and statistics, so depending on how you raise it, it could either make or break you. Just as it's chemically unstable, so too can its moveset turn out in conjunction with whatever type combination it turns out to be (different ones for the two forms).
I actually didn't know that, but I did know that it tended to be absurdly hard to get them to hate you (or at least it always was for me, seeing as I've never had one hate me). Nonetheless, yes. He would definitely have something extremely good about him. As for what I'm not sure. The only thing I can think of is some broken good ability (not broken good like Shedinja's mind you, but still amazing) or stats/moveset that is rather killer. I'm voting more for ability though, although moveset could be more diverse and overall just better as well. I don't see stats being better though...it wouldn't make sense when thinking in terms of the amount of overall skill and discipline there is in the likes of a ninja and samurai as compared to a thief.

I also like your idea, although because of the size of the change in alteration to them, it seems as though it may need a specific storyline and setting to really work. Or were saying that only a few would have this transformation?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I also like your idea, although because of the size of the change in alteration to them, it seems as though it may need a specific storyline and setting to really work. Or were saying that only a few would have this transformation?
I was suggesting this would only happen with one (two) Pokemon. Just a special little characteristic for them. It would take up two slots in the Pokedex, but could evolve an infinite amount of times into one another, even after reaching Lv. 100, as long as you could figure out a way to lower/raise this particular governing statistic.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I was suggesting this would only happen with one (two) Pokemon. Just a special little characteristic for them. It would take up two slots in the Pokedex, but could evolve an infinite amount of times into one another, even after reaching Lv. 100, as long as you could figure out a way to lower/raise this particular governing statistic.
Hmmm...then yes, that would be quite interesting. I'd be glad to have that included. He sounds fun if he's the only one.

...I'd make sure he was the worst he could be, and then charge through the Elite Four with him. Just because I can. >:D

M.K

Level 55

No, your Pokemon only disobeys you if you do not have enough badges in comparison to a Pokemon's Level ("Pokemon Level 30/50/70/All will now obey you")

Top Bottom