• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(lock This Thread A New One Has Been Made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Be honest people, how many of you have actually tried playing as SoPo WITH Nana still there?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
... ._. Jeez... I've been working with Lucario for so long that I haven't got a clue what to do for a Pikachu hack... D:
lawl
i did that when i was playing Brawl+ and left the PAC on my SD card
iirc, nana did the same moves as popp :ohwell:
Same ANIMATIONS. Her moves are the same as they always were. The dsmash combo is actually pretty cool; Nana brings her hammer down for the animation exactly as the original hitbox is generated, and Popo follows up with the ice bomb so closely that it becomes a 2-hit combo. It's interesting controlling 2 characters at once when they aren't the same. O:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
... ._. Jeez... I've been working with Lucario for so long that I haven't got a clue what to do for a Pikachu hack... D:
Same ANIMATIONS. Her moves are the same as they always were. The dsmash combo is actually pretty cool; Nana brings her hammer down for the animation exactly as the original hitbox is generated, and Popo follows up with the ice bomb so closely that it becomes a 2-hit combo. It's interesting controlling 2 characters at once when they aren't the same. O:
oh, yay! people are still talking about my character.

why re you trying it with nana, anyway? she's weird as ****.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Sword/Fighter Ike v1.1 (Download)

Changes since previous:
Renamed
Removed sword from some ground/special animations
Altered Utilt hitboxes accordingly
Removed/Changed flashes from smash charges
Horizontal momentum to DA
Changed air counter animation
Eruption sword hit always spikes
Decreased KBG on usmash dark hit
Increased Dthrow KBG

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
The Best of Mr. Game & Watch

Changes:

Melee Nair: Slightly laggy, powerful parachute
Melee Fair: Quicker, but weaker
Melee Uthrow/Fthrow/Bthrow: Low knockback, High growth, can chain
Melee Dtilt: Strong KB w/ high angle (around 65 degrees)
Melee Utilt: Larger Hitboxes

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yofoyvwjnmm

Pics:
Nair:
Pretty much the only cosmetic change.

Note: Made to be used in Brawl+

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Beta testing for Rachel Alucard, from BlazBlue.

Replaces Peach

Someone said that Rachel in Brawl would be really really unfeasible and difficult to do. I wholeheartedly agree ._.
Feedback is welcome on how to make it more Rachel-esque.

Download link for .pac: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ydgynmdjykn

A lot of changes, especially with windboxes on nair, dsmash, and fsmash... and running!
Uair, fair, ftilt, dair, and usmash have had aesthetic changes. Some are pretty major, and some change the move completely.

Notes:
-Upsmash. Is it too powerful?

-Is the windbox on dsmash too borked?

-Is Down air too powerful?

-Neutral B pulls a turnip as well, in the air, if you already have an item in hand, it creates a turnip in the middle of the stage that drops through the stage but anyone else can still pick it up before it falls through

-Side B has no hitbox, and is too good for recovery. To balance that, I made Rachel really really light (also because I could only input several select numbers into the Weight column, and the closest one was around 64) this is gonna have to be fixed for balancing issues though.

Umm... feedback requested. Teneban and I are sorta gonna work on this, I know he's working on the wind gauge which I think would be pretty neat.

I can't put limits on items so... I wanted to give her other items but turnips are the only things she has right now ;o
also I cannot modify items either. Is it possible? whatever.

Go ahead and have epic Ragna vs Rachel vs Jin vs Sheik (wut) battles.

TreK

Is "that guy"
There is Bang that is being made too I read somewhere.

Wind gauge is omfg-esque-ly hard (yup). Or I'm stupid, which is more likely to be the case

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Hey sage, are you still doing shadow queen Peach? I'll put canon Lucas on hold and try doing her myself if you still aren't.

I just need a balanced moveset that accurately represents her. And I need to be able to test pacs without getting off the computer. >___>;;

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
True Ness

V1.0

Drop electric effect: Kill or fix too powerful

Combo- Punch, Punch, Pk fire

Dash- Normal ends in PK fire

Element Jumps- Multi elemant's per jump! Does not work great depending on what time you hit him durring the jump a different element will activagte want it so each jump creates a different element

Shield- When people collide with it they take dammage as welll!

Heal- Side taunt (facing left) effect of food (short) win3

Lifeup- down taunt effect of heart (long)win2

Up taunt (left) gives franklein badge

Up taun (right) gives Mr. Saturn!

hypnosis- Down and B small range puts people into a hevey sleep, works but psi magnet is still there

Nuteral Air- cape effect (does not seam to deflect projectiles

Up and A in the air- Lightining effect

Down tilt- Slip

Do not use side smash it freezes I can't get it to work reguradless of what I do if anyone has any ideas please tell me. I want to make it so when he does his smash attack he usese the Homerun bat for now you must spawn the Homerun bat to attack. (FIXED IN V1.25)

V1.25

Forward Smash Fix

IDK if u need the download but here it is http://rapidshare.com/files/266190276/FitNessv1.25.pac

And a video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVTjysVik0o

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Uair seems useless outside of recovery
Nair could do without the windbox
There's no hitboxes on angled fsmashes
Her uair is pretty ridiculous, it's so fast. It's almost like a less borked version of MK's uair, but it combos into itself so easily so you're gonna get quite a bit of damage from that if you do the right setup.

Nair, I'm definitely iffy on the windbox. But just because it's based off of Peach, doesn't mean that you should rely on nair and dair (which is one of the main reasons why I wanted to change dair, it's such a go-to move for Peach players). I find nair useful for trying to gimp recoveries... it was originally designed to work with items, but I couldn't get most of the item stuff I wanted to work (most are too overpowered) so you might see the windbox removed on the nair.

Thanks for the heads up on fsmash.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Beta testing for Rachel Alucard, from BlazBlue.

Replaces Peach

Someone said that Rachel in Brawl would be really really unfeasible and difficult to do. I wholeheartedly agree ._.
Feedback is welcome on how to make it more Rachel-esque.

Download link for .pac: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ydgynmdjykn

A lot of changes, especially with windboxes on nair, dsmash, and fsmash... and running!
Uair, fair, ftilt, dair, and usmash have had aesthetic changes. Some are pretty major, and some change the move completely.

Notes:
-Upsmash. Is it too powerful?

-Is the windbox on dsmash too borked?

-Is Down air too powerful?

-Neutral B pulls a turnip as well, in the air, if you already have an item in hand, it creates a turnip in the middle of the stage that drops through the stage but anyone else can still pick it up before it falls through

-Side B has no hitbox, and is too good for recovery. To balance that, I made Rachel really really light (also because I could only input several select numbers into the Weight column, and the closest one was around 64) this is gonna have to be fixed for balancing issues though.

Umm... feedback requested. Teneban and I are sorta gonna work on this, I know he's working on the wind gauge which I think would be pretty neat.

I can't put limits on items so... I wanted to give her other items but turnips are the only things she has right now ;o
also I cannot modify items either. Is it possible? whatever.

Go ahead and have epic Ragna vs Rachel vs Jin vs Sheik (wut) battles.
Can you provide a texture? o:

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
I'm working on a sexy AltFalco with his dash attack as his Nair and his kicking winning animation as his jab combo. I like it lots.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Sorry for not updating guys. Been busy. I'll sort thru all the worthy characters soon.

Kenji, some of your characters have been noted. I'll test it out sometime this week.

Also it seems that the posting rules seem a bit unclear. If I need to explain them more clearly please dont hesitate to tell me.

DLoRd333

Smash Rookie
It would help if yall could have screenshots instead of huge texts.

http://xane.gamez-interactive.de/Brawl/Decrypter/

^^^ Snapshot decriptor. Go to your private folder, go to AL and all the bin files are snapshots. Put up some snapshots and I'll instant give you two front page.
Done, I also added a Video and a updated version, I would've done it sooner but I slacked off ;p
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8118592&postcount=725

Soooo many sonics out there.... I think im going to discontinue mine.
Mind if I continued it? :o

I agree.

(No offense.)
lol Id be lying if I said he wasn't broken xD

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Henshin A Go-Go, Baby!

Viewtiful Joe
Cell-shaded and Viewtiful, Joe joins Brawl

Don't get excited about this post, but this is character submission, and hopefully someone would consider this project and give it a shot. Viewtiful Joe will have to replace Captain Falcon, since he's the most similar character, according to moveset, color, and overall style.

:falcon: - YESZ!

Viewtiful Moveset

Standard A
A jab that comes out in one frame.
DMG: 2%
KBK: Flinch
Frames:
-Start: 1
-Active: 1
-Cooldown: 1

Standard A Combo
After the first jab, VJ has two more hits that follow:

-The second hit consists of another one frame jab. (Opposite of the first jabbing fist, of course.)
DMG: 1%
KBK: Flinch
Frames:
-Start: 1
-Active: 1
-Cooldown: 2

-The third hit will be a strong punch, with a small to mid amount of knockback.
(For this hit, use Captain Falcon's Fthrow hit, with the same amount of frames for it, possibly the same knockback)
DMG: 5%
KBK: Small - Mid, Horizontal
Frames: Same as Falcon's Fthrow hit, halved.

Side Tilt

A quick side kick.
(Use Captain Falcon's Side tilt for this move. VJ's should simply come out quicker.)
DMG: 7%
KBK: Mid, Horizontal
Frames: Half of Falcon's rounded up.

Side Tilt Variations
-Upward Side Tilt: Same as Falcon's, half frames, rounded up.
DMG: 9%
KBK: Mid, Horizontal

-Downward Side Tilt: Same as Falcon's, half frames, rounded up.
DMG: 6%
KBK: Small, Chance of tripping

Up Tilt

A quick uppercut, with vertical knockback.
(Use the uppercut from Raptor Boost, to initiate this move.)
DMG: 10%
KBK: Mid, Vertical
Frames:
-Start: 3
-Active: 4-6
-Cooldown: 7-8

Down Tilt

A grounded sweep attack, that has a high chance of tripping the opponent.
(Use Falcon's Dtilt, until something can be improvised.)
DMG: 9%
KBK: Small, Vertical, Chance of Trip
Frames:
-Start: 4
-Active: 5-6
-Cooldown: 7

Dash Attack

A strong punch is delivered, after built up speed from dashing.
(Use Falcon's Falcon Punch animation, minus the fire damage.)
DMG: 11%
KBK: Mid - Heavy, Horizontal
Frames:
-Start: 6
-Active: 7-12
-Cooldown:13-16

NOTICE: I want to, and plan to finish this moveset, but if anyone is interested, who is able to actually put this in to motion, please PM me, and help me. I want to see if we can make Viewtiful Joe viable, and a playable character in Brawl. Ideas are welcome.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I just got finished with the first beta version of my new character. I haven't posted a character before, so here we go:

Name: S.A.M. (Super Assimilated Mario)
I won't go into description about him, all you need to know is I made him up one day when I was bored.
CHANGES:
-Down B is now like it was in Melee (thanks to whoever made the Star Spin Mario)
-F-Smash now goes farther, producing 3 explosions that get smaller. As they get smaller, they do less damage, but more shield damage. 3rd one had a %12.5 chance of tripping the opponent.
-D-Smash now impales opponent just like DK's Side B.
-U-Smash does less damage, and has a weirder hitbox. It now freezes the opponent.
-Down B has darkness effect

KNOWN BUGS:
-Hitbox doesn't last very long on the two added explosions on his F-Smash.
-Not enough end lag in his U- and D-Smashes, resulting in massive combos if your smart enough (d-smash, then u-smash, then other move :U)

Download: Version 0.1 beta http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ty2ldmgqjqo
Texture: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dm1tmd2domn

I'll get screens sometime after the weekend, since I'm going to NY to go camping. PM me about any bugs, I'll try and fix them
Just wanted to say my character wasn't added to the front page. I understand if your busy.

Also as a side note, it does NOT work with Brawl+ Nightly Build 5.0.

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
I kinda want to play around with PSA.

I'm thinking that Luke or Guy from Tales of the Abyss or even Kratos from Symphonia.

Kratos's moveset seems most realistic to implement onto marth, but I'd like to hear from you guys for Luke or Guy. I have a few ideas for them both, but more the merrier.

EDIT: Sorry wrong thread. ^__^;

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Her uair is pretty ridiculous, it's so fast. It's almost like a less borked version of MK's uair, but it combos into itself so easily so you're gonna get quite a bit of damage from that if you do the right setup.

Nair, I'm definitely iffy on the windbox. But just because it's based off of Peach, doesn't mean that you should rely on nair and dair (which is one of the main reasons why I wanted to change dair, it's such a go-to move for Peach players). I find nair useful for trying to gimp recoveries... it was originally designed to work with items, but I couldn't get most of the item stuff I wanted to work (most are too overpowered) so you might see the windbox removed on the nair.

Thanks for the heads up on fsmash.
You're on the right track with rachel. Her up smash is easily easily easily countered, keep it as is. Something so slow deserves to be that strong. Kirk and I tried some testing and the main idea is you need to make more use of pulling windboxes. The nair's windbox can maybe come out slightly later or something so that the move can hit otherwise or you can use it as a spacing tool if you throw it out with no intent to hit. Down smash is very very very nice, I like it a lot.

The item use for her is sorely important, as it makes up as much about rachel as her silpheed does, so keep at it.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Viewtiful Joe would need something with Speed Up, Slow Motion and Camera Zoom.

The effects could be activated by the Taunts. (Each Taunt causes one effect)

Speed Up should be the easiest because it only effects himself. It should still have a down side but I dont know what. Maybe you cant use Smash Attacks or something like that.

Slow Motion could be a problem, since it affects all oppenants, that means, in FFA or Team Play, 1) I dont what happens if 2 Joes uses this effect (Maybe nothing happens that would be OK) and 2) it would maybe be overpowered. Down-Side could be that you cant use Tilts and Specials or something like that.

The zoom Effect has also the problem that I dont know what happens if two Joes activate it and it would be overpowered for sure, so I think this should be his Final Smash. One Taunt could then be "no effect" ^^

But all I can say is, that without these Effects Viewtiful Joe wouldnt be the same :(

Maybe someone has better ideas than me :S

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Jin v3.6.3 ( Balance fixing beta )

Download (3.6.3) :
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lqd0lczjjnm

Changes :

-(3.6.3) side tilt, up smash, down smash, fair, bair, nair knock back increased to match v3.5 *let me know if these changes were really necessary or should be removed
-(3.6.3) side-b knock back increased by a little bit
-(3.6.3) dtilt slowed down ( 10 frame cool down)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Ragna the Bloodedge
Version 2.0

Character concept by: Rykoshet
Coding by: Kirk

PAC DOWNLOAD

TEXTURE DOWNLOAD
As pictured above.

DEMONSTRATIONAL VIDEO
Courtesy of Rykoshet.

----------
This is my 2.0 release! A LOT has been changed from 1.0. I essentially re-coded every attack in attempt to fix some balancing issues, as well as add a lot of new things. So, here is a brand new changelog.
----------​

Idle Stance
--Animation has been changed to Ike's Victory Pose #1.

Dodge Rolls
--Left and Right Roll Animations have been changed to Ike's Tripping Rolls(how he rolls getting up after tripping).

Jabs
--Jab1 Damage reduced by 1%.
--Jab2 Animation changed to Bthrow. 10% chance to trip.
--Jab3 Animation changed to Dsmash. First hit sends into the second. 30% chance to trip.
--One can hold "A" to perform the full sequence without delay.

Dash Attack
--Damage reduced by 1%.
--Added Darkness graphics to the blade.
--Increased IASA frame slightly.

Ftilt
--Animation changed to Tilt Item Swing. Slides forward when used.

Utilt
--Animation changed to Usmash Attack. Hits on both sides.

Dtilt
--Animation changed to Jab2. Acts like a poke. 5% chance to trip.

Fsmash
--Start/Charge Animations changed to Smash Item Swing Start/Charge.
--Tipper does more damage and knockback; very low trajectory with darkness effect. Has a cinematic Hitlag effect.

Usmash
--Start/Charge Animations changed to Dsmash Start/Charge.
--Attack Animation changed to Up Throw.
--3 Hit Attack. 1st hits behinds, sends to the front into the other 2 hits.
--Frontal hits deal more shield damage. Has a cinematic Hitlag effect. Last hit has darkness effect.

Dsmash
--Start/Charge Animations changed to Usmash Start/Charge.
--Attack Animation changed to Smash Item Swing Attack.
--6 Hit Attack. 2 frontal > 2 behind > 2 frontal. Last hit has darkness effect.

Nair
--Altered trajectory to be more horizontal(70 --> 55 degrees).
--Added IASA frame at frame 55.

Fair
--Tipper does 1% more damage, darkness effect, and x1.5 hitlag.
--Shortened autocancel frame from 45 to frame 35.

Bair
--Reduced damage by 2%.

Uair
--Animation changed to Ike's Final Smash Initial Hit.
--Reduced damage by 3% and reduced knockback.
--Tip of blade does 1% more damage, darkness effect, and x1.5 hitlag.
--Shortend autocancel frame from 53 to frame 51.
--Added IASA frame at frame 55.

Dair

--Darkness effect and x1.5 hitlag added to the spike tipper hitbox.

FThrow
--Animation changed to Heavy Item Forward Throw.

BThrow
--Animation changed to Heavy Item Back Throw.

UThrow
--Animation changed to Heavy Item Up Throw.

DThrow
--Animation changed to Heavy Item Down Throw.
--Upon first use, automatically sends opponents back into a regrab.
--Second time Dthrow is used, uses old Dthrow Animation.
--Second Dthrow knocks opponents into the floor. Acts as a tech chase.
--Reduced damage for both portions of Dthrow.

Eruption
--Removed ability to charge while grounded.
--If charging in the air, it will automatically release upon landing.
--Added IASA frame at frame 45 of the attack if airborne.
--Further changes still in progress.

Quick Draw
--Removed ability to charge.
--Attack Animation changed to Item Swing Jab(I.E. Beamsword). Has Darkness graphics around the fist as well as a Darkness effect. Has a cinematic Hitlag effect.
--Added condition for 'If "A" is pressed,' a followup attack will be performed.
--High Ftilt Animation used for followup attack. Has a Darkness effect.
--If used in the air, the followup attack will use Ike's Counter Animation instead.
--Changed helpless fall state to normal fall in the air.
--Additional follow attacks are planned for a future release.

Aether
--Super Armor adjusted. Begins on frame 5, ends when sword is released.
--Added Auto-Snap on the way up(frame 26 after sword is released).
--Altered trajectory of first hit to be more horizontal(~90 > ~75 degrees).
--Added a Button Pressed Condition(X/Y).
--If Button Pressed Condition is met, if Forward, Up, or No Direction is inputted, a Forward Spiral is performed. If Back or Down is inputted, a Backwards Flip is performed.
--In either case, if 'A' is pressed, a followup plummeting spike attack is performed. If 'B' is
pressed, a followup attack is performed using Ike's Uair Animation, coupled with a momentum shift in the opposite direction.
--'B' Followup attack is still under construction(Needs improvement to make this option more useful.)
--This entire event series is still under construction, naturally. There are a few graphical bugs here and there, and are planned to be fixed in a future release.

Counter
--Start Animation(grounded) changed to Ike's Victory Pose#2.
--Counter activation frames adjusted.(11-33 --> 6-28).
--Upon successful counter, action is changed into a grab.
--Aerial Counter is still under construction.
--Further ideas and renovations are planned to be implemented in the future.

Attributes
--Running Speed increased slightly(1.371 --> 1.5).
--Uair Landing lag decreased slightly(18 --> 14).

----------​

So there you have it. Comments, critiques, criticisms, etc. are welcome, as usual. Please let me know your opinions or if you find any bugs so that I can help better Ragna in later versions.

Enjoy!

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Viewtiful Joe would need something with Speed Up, Slow Motion and Camera Zoom.

The effects could be activated by the Taunts. (Each Taunt causes one effect)

Speed Up should be the easiest because it only effects himself. It should still have a down side but I dont know what. Maybe you cant use Smash Attacks or something like that.

Slow Motion could be a problem, since it affects all oppenants, that means, in FFA or Team Play, 1) I dont what happens if 2 Joes uses this effect (Maybe nothing happens that would be OK) and 2) it would maybe be overpowered. Down-Side could be that you cant use Tilts and Specials or something like that.

The zoom Effect has also the problem that I dont know what happens if two Joes activate it and it would be overpowered for sure, so I think this should be his Final Smash. One Taunt could then be "no effect" ^^

But all I can say is, that without these Effects Viewtiful Joe wouldnt be the same :(

Maybe someone has better ideas than me :S
You can make VJ without these FX and still do him just, BUT... from the ideas you gave did I get cool ideas.

Down Special
Name: VFX
VJ performs a taunt,(most likely Falcon's Utaunt) and upon finishing the animation he will recieve power from one of his VFX. Over usage of this move can cause backfires to occur, and cause VFX opposite of what is desired.

-Zoom-
After the taunt VJ will grow double in size, as if he recieved a Super Mushroom. The duration is standard to the Mushroom's effects, and he can't use any more VFX while in Zoom. Cancel the technique by shielding.

-Slow-
VJ gains the power of Brawl's Timeclock as time is slowed down immensely, giving VJ more speed advantage over his opponent and more power. This VFX can malfunction similar to the time clock, and can reap the same benefits. No other VFX can be used while in Slow. Cancel the technique by shielding.

-Mach Speed
VJ gains the FX from Brawl's Hot Chili, as he runs around engulfed in flames. He can use no other VFX in Mach Speed. Cancel this technique by shielding.

How's that for his VFX powers?

You will need to randomize the effects of these items:

Super Mushroom
Poison Mushroom
Time Clock
Hot Chili
Poison Mushroom

2/5 Chance of a bad effect + Timeclock's chances of malfunction. Prevents spamming, along with startup taunt.

3/5 for something good.

Anyone interested in helping with VJ's production now?

BTW, amazing job on Ragna, Kirk & Ryko. He's amazing, well-balanced, and just overall better than his counter part.

Would you guys like to help me bring VJ into Brawl? I don't have my own laptop or comp to do the coding, but I do have the ideas, and know pretty much all there is to know about VJ.

I'm typing all of this by Wiimote on WiiNet.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I made Ragna and I'm amazing!
So yeah, uh, I think you're amazing.

I dunno, I was thinking about maybe having his neutral Drive attack in the game somehow haha. maybe it could be his fsmash? subaction- animation for utilt then subaction for fsmash with crazy darkness effects would be pretty epic.

I love how you are treating Inferno Divider. and naturally Fang. Although my favorite move of his is still Gauntlet Hades.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Download (3.7) :
Mediafire: Down
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IQUN1WZ1
Jin v3.7

This version hopefully fixed all the balance issues :)

Changes :

-(3.7) fixed punishable side smash
-(3.7) fixed air neutral b hitbox glitch
-(3.7) added smoke effect to side smash hold and up smashh hold and removed rings from many attacks
-(3.7) blizzard sfx voice changed
-(3.7) nair and bair knock back increased by a decent amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom