• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fort Worth presents New Dawn

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
So far....we're the only team that represents Fort Worth in the brawl scene.

The brawl scene down here in the valley of the dead players is pretty much dead, but I"m working towards a Fort Worth Brawl community so we add some water to this desert.

We are New Dawn, the only team representing Fort Worth, and we join you to become a part of our team. I know plenty of people have formed communities here in the Southwest, and Fort Worth needs to be on the map as well.

If you think you have the skill to be a great team please post in this forum. We need to step it up.

My name is Harold but you can call me Batou (nickname) and we formed this team a long time ago and here's how it went down. We were formally called Collateral Damage and it was just a small group of people who went to Dallas to do what they love to do best....play brawl and place in the rankings...however the lack of leadership was the turnout that the team disbanded...but the remainder of us formed back together to become New Dawn and are seeking more and more people who are in the Fort Worth/Arlington area to revive the gaming scene down here so we dont' always have to drive to Dallas and make our name known there....why go to Dallas when Fort Worth has it's own Brawl community?

The leader of New Dawn want to revive the gaming scene here.....it used to be alot of people who play down here but were forced to flock to the Dallas area to play brawl.

Look no further....as this is the first small step towards a Fort Worth Brawl Community.

Let's work hard on making ourselves known and putting Fort Worth back on the map. Batou hosts various Street Fighter workshops as well if you are interested in that and he is an active member of the shoryuken forums as well. Trust us when we say that we have something for everyone here in Fort Worth.

I'd like to thank you for your time in reading this.
Hit me up here in the forums to maybe see if you want to be apart of the team or ask for my cell for anything else.
-Neo Batou

PS:
We will be holding weekly smashfests at Kovu's apartment on fridays in the afternoon. We WILL BE HOLDING PLENTY of smashfests in the future as indicated in the boards. Be sure to keep in check with the boards or call any of us to make sure what time a smashfest will be or whenever we indicate of a smashfest in the future. If you need details, we'll post them up on request.

We are also looking for others who will want to go to WHOBO, HOBO, NO KOAST, FINAL SMASH, or any other out of town tournaments who can give rides or who can produce possible housing. We appreciate your help.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Wow this looks pretty cool. I think it's great you guys are starting up something like this. We need a bigger Ft Worth scene.

+1 for Hype!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Btw, I was the leader of Collateral Damage. In the end, it was hard to keep everyone together, since everyone's schedules were of inconvenience. However, I have to say that is not the sole reason I gave up leading this team to go my own way. I did it to help me to be able to improve faster, and to focus on what I need to do to step it up myself, rather than help and teach others for their improvement while barely improving. Another reason that somewhat affected my decision indirectly, was my girlfriend. I wanted to spend more time with her at the expense of the time I spent training my teammates. So there you have it; I'm on my own.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
That's what I meant by a lack of leadership ALSM...you don't need to say any more about it, it's over bro and we thank you for the times we did have.

Now that you have other priorities, you can focus on singles bro.

I have contacted others who will try and hold smashfest's here in Fort Worth or Arlington to get things going. I'm going to hold a Christmas Smashfest at our apartment sometime after Christmas or around New Years....just to kick things off.

UTD Zac another reason why I wanted to start this is because the Dallas community is pretty much set.....I've played with you all and I think it's great. So I want to continue the good times by doing the same here :)

We gotta take care of the babysteps first......this post is one of them.

Player5

Smash Rookie
Let me know if/where the smashfests are going to be. I'm at TCU and with school and social stuff I've yet to find a place that's convenient time/travel wise. Thanks.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
No problem Player 5.

Welcome to the New Dawn smashboards, we'll be posting smashfests around here (usually at our apartment) and any new news we may come across.

Thanks for the post.

Ugh...sergio and your jigsaw antics lol

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
"I did it to help me to be able to improve faster, and to focus on what I need to do to step it up myself, rather than help and teach others for their improvement while barely improving"

You have no right to tell someone they are barely improving....when you don't care to see that yourself.

I've watched each and everyone of us. We've improved more than you can ever imagine.

If you want to bring up the past, this isn't the thread for it. Sever your ties with Collateral Damage....it's over and done with.

This is NEW DAWN...a new beginning and a new future is at hand. I will not have the thread tainted with the mistakes of the past.

Anyways, the past is not what this thread is about people.

Player 5, we live near TCU if your wondering about travel plans.
Smashfest's will begin next year as we gotta plan these out in advance with the members of this team.
However I will keep you updated...and if you have friends or know of anyone else who would want to participate, let me know.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
"I did it to help me to be able to improve faster, and to focus on what I need to do to step it up myself, rather than help and teach others for their improvement while barely improving"

You have no right to tell someone they are barely improving....when you don't care to see that yourself.

I've watched each and everyone of us. We've improved more than you can ever imagine.

If you want to bring up the past, this isn't the thread for it. Sever your ties with Collateral Damage....it's over and done with.

This is NEW DAWN...a new beginning and a new future is at hand. I will not have the thread tainted with the mistakes of the past.

Anyways, the past is not what this thread is about people.

Player 5, we live near TCU if your wondering about travel plans.
Smashfest's will begin next year as we gotta plan these out in advance with the members of this team.
However I will keep you updated...and if you have friends or know of anyone else who would want to participate, let me know.

You misread what I posted. I was talking about myself. I was teaching you guys, while I was barely improving, not you guys. I left for self-improvement. I have to start playing better players to improve significantly for myself.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I don't know if I misread that though.
How did you barely improve?
You've improved alot.

I"m down for smashfests too if you don't mind.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Anyways, it's time for our next move.
After HOBO 22, New Dawn will be sponsoring a items tournament...purely for fun so we can get more people in Fort worth to play more. We'll start doing more smashfests after that, but in commemoration of our good performance at HOBO21, it's time to have some more fun.

We'll have more on the matter when you all get through Christmas and New Years eve.
We wish you guys the best for the holidays and check us out at HOBO22 in Houston on livestream.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
I will be hosting (semi-) Regular Smashfests on Sundays once I get my 40" TV. The only way to get better is to play more and more active players. The more active that Ft. Worth is, the better the players will be, then we could all get a little recognition.

One thing Fort Worth needs, NEEDS, NEEDS, NEEDS to work on is travel. Batou and Kovu have shown that they are willing to travel and go to larger tournaments and learn from the rest of the world. I say lead by example, and follow the example led with.

I'm not a member of New Dawn, but I support this Thread.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Exactly.

We just need more exposure.

Like for the up and coming events, we have HOBO 22 and Final Smash 8...which me and Kovu will be going to thanks to Serious Cat.

If we can get larger carpools and more people to attend these events we'll gain the exposure Fort Worth needs to have a larger brawl community.....

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I know dude.
I"ve decided to not go to Final Smash 8 because I want Kovu to go by himself.
I will be in Austin at the time going to a Marvel vs. Capcom 2/Street Fighter Third Strike tournament at UFO arcades.
Besides the tournament there will improve his already great Snake......he's my sub leader :) He'll do excellent at Final Smash 8.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
As usual Kovu will do well at that tournament.
I've got no worries.
Even if he didn't place well, as long as you learn from your defeat, it's not really defeat exactly.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
I really wanna go to as many Smashfests as possible. But since Sergio's always busy with his gf, and Harold doesn't seem to be doing anything about his car, it makes it even harder to attend some. I know Zac had a Smashfest the other day, but like I said, ALSM was busy.

One of the reasons I'm so late getting into the Smash scene is because when Brawl came out until September of this year, I lived in Weatherford, which is 30 minutes away from Fort Worth. Therefore it was an even longer distance away from Dallas.

And I don't drive. XD

I feel like I'm way behind everyone else.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I really wanna go to as many Smashfests as possible. But since Sergio's always busy with his gf, and Harold doesn't seem to be doing anything about his car, it makes it even harder to attend some. I know Zac had a Smashfest the other day, but like I said, ALSM was busy.

One of the reasons I'm so late getting into the Smash scene is because when Brawl came out until September of this year, I lived in Weatherford, which is 30 minutes away from Fort Worth. Therefore it was an even longer distance away from Dallas.

And I don't drive. XD

I feel like I'm way behind everyone else.
Kovu.
Can't do anything without money you know?
So i'm not "doing anything" about my car....money has to be in my hand before I can fix my car.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
There's an electrical short located somewhere in the car.
I've boiled it down to two problems:

It's located in the fuse box.

or

the alternator is bad.

If the alternator is tested and it's bad, I'll get another one from AutoZone....remember ladies and gentleman, if you buy a remanufactured part from a parts store it was already bad and sometimes you will have to resend that part to get a brand new one.

I hope that's all I need to do. There aren't any other real bad problems besides daily maintainability.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
**** Kovu, this revival is going to be harder than expected.

Time to make your name known buddy......

Oh and what do you think about Dedede as a counterpick?

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Which characters? If your CPing Dedede, then Dedede is a ****ty CP. The best CP to Dedede is Zelda or Pikachu, IMO. The best CP to R.O.B isn't Dedede because of Camping, you may wanna look into Olimar or Diddy. The fact is that if you want to counterpick everything that does well against your main, then your secondary has to have a good match-up versus all of the those specified characters, and you have to know the match-ups versus those characters so that you aren't running in blind against a Falco with ICs.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
You don't need Metaknight.

It's "common" for people to just pick Metaknight all the time...........you should try using Wario, or better yet Falco or Game N Watch.

I have considered these options myself. They are great characters but you will just have to
learn the matchups against MK with these characters. It's not even just with MK, you will get alot of people who have good Diddy and Game N Watch...so if it helps I"ll try my best to help show you the matchups.

Of course you have Youtube when we're not playing so maybe you can watch and learn on that as well.

Pfft....who needs Metaknight? I certainly don't. :laugh:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Where ya'll at, Fort Worth? Should the thread be renamed to Dead Dawn? =P Can't wait for Phase 5. I'll be ready to do my best.
Big words for someone who ran to metaknight to solve his problems :laugh:
So where were you at during Final Smash 8? :laugh:
If you thought that was funny, I laugh at your poor attempts to bring down the good vibe of my thread.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
The "good vibe" of your thread, which I bumped, apparently. =P

As for me who "ran" to Meta Knight to solve my "problems", in which case have nothing to do with my life problems as it is, I'll enjoy shaking your hand after beating you should we ever play against each other in tournament. How's that for funny? :laugh:

"So where were you at during Final Smash 8?"
- At work; the only john to not attending enough tournaments, sadly.

Overall, I fear my time attending Brawl tournaments will cease soon, due to my current situation (no it's not financial), you already know what I'm going through, so at this point I'm pushing to reach my potential in this game as soon as I can.

Top Bottom