• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fort Worth presents New Dawn

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I got alot of good words on my Snake at Furry Fiesta. Makes me wanna go to some more "big time" tournies more often.
No doubt bro.
I'm very proud of you and ALSM for doing well with your selected characters.
So let this be an official announcement that The Soulmaster is back on the roster, and we're glad to have you back again as we did in our old team....but make no mistake, our resolve to be better players and have a lot of fun doing it still remains even though the team name is changed and this silly position as me the leader. Haha I joke but you know all of us through the hardship we endure, we would never be this good in the long run so glad to have the three of us back as a team. Now as for Fisha and DMP lol

Fish is attending school and has his GF who despises brawl so we're out of luck there.
DMP will always be with us cus he's just a great guy to hang with. He's the laughter of the group other than me lol

A second announcment is also at hand...because I'm going to stick with R.O.B for regular and Captain Falcon as my main always.

With Kovu and me dominating Furry Fiesta....even over the Houston players who played there, no one wanted money matches.

I even had to make it interested as to I put down five bucks to whoever beated us...and I kept my money thank you :)

Nate I didn't know you had ducks to take care of >.>

If you guys ever want to just come over to Kovu's place or ALSM's place for some practice be sure to contact me or any of us through messaging so we can get something going. I"m sure none of us won't mind having you guys and gals over for some practice in the near future.

.......which also leads to my third announcement.

We are looking to recruit another member of our group...we are looking for more experienced players to represent Fort Worth out there and not only that, just looking to contribute more to our bigger counterpart, the Dallas community as well....so if you have questions, send me a private message and I"ll give you my text so we can get rolling. We are also looking for people who have ample transportation to events such as Phase, HOBO, Final Smash or any coast to coast tournaments as well in the future, as we can start a carpool...because Nate or ALSM or myself in the future can't always drive everyone to distant tournaments.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I may be interested in holding Smash fests at mi casa for Fort Worth players on a trial run basis. I don't have a set date yet(it will rely on you to help me decide that), but I will provide you some details here so that there will be no confusion when the time comes.

House Rules:

1. There will be a $5 house fee to players and $2 house fee to observers. This will cover food and drinks for the players and cleaning supplies. People are expected to pay this or else they won't be admitted to the house. NO EXCEPTIONS! Note: I will cut down the house fee for the players to $2 if they bring food or a drink to the party.

2. I just got new flooring put into the house. Shoes are expected to come OFF when you step into the house to prevent tracking in of mud. Wear socks please. I am not responsible for lost shoes.

3. I will not budge on this! NO ALCOHOL OR SMOKING! Period! I do live behind a church. I will kick you out of the house if you smoke or drink.

4. This is in relation to rule 1. I do not have a Wii console. Until I do have one, I will waive the house fee to the first person who brings theirs, and replies in this thread that they are bringing it. If you want to play Street Fighter on PS3, you are more than welcome to bring it(the game + console), but I won't waive the fee if you only bring that.

5. Metaknight is legal in my house, so be warned.

6. I observe Final Round rules for both Melee and Brawl except on the matter of Wobbling. You can read the rules at Finalround.org.

Other than that, I am a very loose guy. Come and have fun.

I may hold a couple of Round Robin tournaments during the Smash fest, so bring extra money. Winner take all.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I may be interested in holding Smash fests at mi casa for Fort Worth players on a trial run basis. I don't have a set date yet(it will rely on you to help me decide that), but I will provide you some details here so that there will be no confusion when the time comes.

House Rules:

1. There will be a $5 house fee to players and $2 house fee to observers. This will cover food and drinks for the players and cleaning supplies. People are expected to pay this or else they won't be admitted to the house. NO EXCEPTIONS! Note: I will cut down the house fee for the players to $2 if they bring food or a drink to the party.

2. I just got new flooring put into the house. Shoes are expected to come OFF when you step into the house to prevent tracking in of mud. Wear socks please. I am not responsible for lost shoes.

3. I will not budge on this! NO ALCOHOL OR SMOKING! Period! I do live behind a church. I will kick you out of the house if you smoke or drink.

4. This is in relation to rule 1. I do not have a Wii console. Until I do have one, I will waive the house fee to the first person who brings theirs, and replies in this thread that they are bringing it. If you want to play Street Fighter on PS3, you are more than welcome to bring it(the game + console), but I won't waive the fee if you only bring that.

5. Metaknight is legal in my house, so be warned.

6. I observe Final Round rules for both Melee and Brawl except on the matter of Wobbling. You can read the rules at Finalround.org.

Other than that, I am a very loose guy. Come and have fun.

I may hold a couple of Round Robin tournaments during the Smash fest, so bring extra money. Winner take all.
Sounds nice, however right now I'm more focused on building people together to play first, then after a good while when we get constant people coming around to help out, then we'll talk about some tournaments.

Even after that, if we continue to become a bigger part of the community, we can even request for RANKED tournaments as well as money matches galore and such. So be patient....the more people we get into the mix the better.

Besides, I know that smoking and alcohol is a big deal....but the rules merely depend on where the tournament is being held and who's sponsoring it. End of story. Trust me, if you want to smoke, smoke outside. It's best for everyone anyways.

Alcohol? Who drinks alcohol during a tournament or smashfest anyways lol

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
My offer still stands though. While I do agree that building people together is our top priority, I am just offering a potential place to play on a semi-regular basis, that's all.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
My offer still stands though. While I do agree that building people together is our top priority, I am just offering a potential place to play on a semi-regular basis, that's all.
No worries.
Your offer has been greatly appreciated.
So to break the ice, if you live in the area and you want to hold a smashfest in the coming weeks let us know the time and place.

Even if you live in Euless or near Fort Worth, it'll be good to at least know where you guys reside.....

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
I might decide to host weekly or bi-weekly Smashfests at my house on Fridays.

There are no house rules, except clean up your mess before you leave.

I'll post my address and number to those who need it if interested.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I might decide to host weekly or bi-weekly Smashfests at my house on Fridays.

There are no house rules, except clean up your mess before you leave.

I'll post my address and number to those who need it if interested.
Except keep your noise level down and don't run in the **** apartment so you won't get evicted due to brawl lol :laugh:

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
diddy is alright no to scary. once you figure out how to use diddy's bananas against him he's finished.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking...about a Smashfest...Sunday...Yeah.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!

SrsC@'s SrsSmashfest!

What time!? After 12:00 Noon!!
When does it end!? 12:00 Midnight!!!
Where in the hell is it!? 2524 Ridgmar Blvd, Apt. 4 on the west side of Fort Worth
Why show up? Because SrsC@ told you to!!

Drinks and food are entirely dependent on the guests, I don't have mega tons of money, you know.

"I liked SrsC@'s SrsSmashfests so much, I started running them myself. Srsly." - Veri Srs Person.

BE THERE!!!

SrsSmashfest subject to cancelation at any time within the next week for any reason. Please RSVP with SrsC@ so he can guage how much of a mess he'll be cleaning up. No lag johns on the big screen; it's only 3 frames anyway. Forget it, you're not pro enough to tell anyway. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Wow all you guys are awesome.....
The Fort Worth revival has gotten us over 2000 views....and our community is starting to bloom.
Let's keep up the great stuff by attending this Smashfest on sunday.
Count me in.
I"ll even chip in a 12 pack of soda...however I might be broke coming back from Quarantine 3 or The Door on saturday but hey we'll see.

We should throw another smashfest next week....I really feel like doing it for my birthday..which is on the 15....to get everyone together another sunday for more smashing lol

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
hey guys can i have everybody's numbers. sometime this spring break im gonna be up in fort worth and i would love to get to hang out with you guys... i will try to get to the Sunday smashfest but no guarantee.

So yes Numbers please

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Smashfest at my place Friday.

Where: 3422 Dryden Rd., Apt. 2053 (in the TCU area). Westliff Park/Manor Apartments
Time: 5 p.m. to whenever.
Contact: 817-757-8089, or message me on MSN Messenger at fenrishrodvitnir@hotmail.com

See you there!
Someone bring a Wii with brawl and I'll bring a TV? An extra set up would be nice.
Oh and a big bucket of KFC's grilled chicken OMFG so amazing :)

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Someone bring a Wii with brawl and I'll bring a TV? An extra set up would be nice.
Oh and a big bucket of KFC's grilled chicken OMFG so amazing :)
cant make this one sorry but if i can get a hold of gas cash than im going to the one on sunday... so you should be there i really want to make friends out there before i move out there.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
cant make this one sorry but if i can get a hold of gas cash than im going to the one on sunday... so you should be there i really want to make friends out there before i move out there.
Even if you can't make it to this one on friday, come down on sunday.
You'll make friends fast.
We're pretty friendly here....unless Kovu starts chucking nades at people with Snake x.x

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
We're pretty friendly here....unless Kovu starts chucking nades at people with Snake x.x
snakes dont scare me not at all snakes are actually afraid of my samus, most top tiers are no problem, i have a harder time beating a toon link than i do diddy.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
What about bombs, and boomerangs, and arrows? And don't forget about a chain that expands and retracts. Oh yeah, and did I mention a sword that repels evil and fury kicks? :laugh: Well, it looks like I will show up for both smashfests this Friday and Sunday. :)

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
What about bombs, and boomerangs, and arrows? And don't forget about a chain that expands and retracts. Oh yeah, and did I mention a sword that repels evil and fury kicks? :laugh: Well, it looks like I will show up for both smashfests this Friday and Sunday. :)
this is a perfect example of what i mean

ya see i have yet to beat your link even though he a is a low tier also.

on the other hand at phase i did beat Fogo's D3 with samus.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
this is a perfect example of what i mean

ya see i have yet to beat your link even though he a is a low tier also.

on the other hand at phase i did beat Fogo's D3 with samus.
IMO

Samus vs. King DDD

We're looking at maybe 45-55 in King Dedede's favor.
Samus is pretty good against DDD as long as you keep your distance...which is a easy task if your opponent isn't powershielding correctly.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
IMO

Samus vs. King DDD

We're looking at maybe 45-55 in King Dedede's favor.
Samus is pretty good against DDD as long as you keep your distance...which is a easy task if your opponent isn't powershielding correctly.
he was using the infinite

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking...about a Smashfest...Sunday...Yeah.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!

SrsC@'s SrsSmashfest!

What time!? After 12:00 Noon!!
When does it end!? 12:00 Midnight!!!
Where in the hell is it!? 2524 Ridgmar Blvd, Apt. 4 on the west side of Fort Worth
Why show up? Because SrsC@ told you to!!

Drinks and food are entirely dependent on the guests, I don't have mega tons of money, you know.

"I liked SrsC@'s SrsSmashfests so much, I started running them myself. Srsly." - Veri Srs Person.

BE THERE!!!
SrsSmashfest subject to cancelation at any time within the next week for any reason. Please RSVP with SrsC@ so he can guage how much of a mess he'll be cleaning up. No lag johns on the big screen; it's only 3 frames anyway. Forget it, you're not pro enough to tell anyway. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited.
no see no where does it say anything about food.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
no see no where does it say anything about food.
It's "dependent" on what you do.
So you may have to get yourself your own food.
If you feel like contributing, buy some big bag of chips or something to snack on.
I'll bring along some refreshments.......MANLY REFRESHMENTS.

....which means a 12 of Surge Mr Srs Cat :)

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
It's "dependent" on what you do.
So you may have to get yourself your own food.
If you feel like contributing, buy some big bag of chips or something to snack on.
I'll bring along some refreshments.......MANLY REFRESHMENTS.

....which means a 12 of Surge Mr Srs Cat :)
ahh well whatever works i'll see what i can do.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I had a good time.
More smashfest's are needed.
My Captain Falcon is getting better and better....

It's only a matter of time.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Everything turned out good. You guys were awesome for trying to keep it clean and we all got out at a good time. Totally doing more of these Smashfests. Srsly.
no doubts buddy im looking forward to future events and maybe than i wont have to drive an hour to get there

Top Bottom