• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Crazy Criss-Cross Crisis Doubles Tournament! new deadline is 2/3! GET THEM DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy p

Smash Lord
The Crazy Criss-Cross Crisis Doubles Tournament!

Introduction
Hey Guys! welcome to another Tournament hosted by yours truly! this is my 4th tournaent to date that i have hosted, and this is also my biggest(and hardest idea to pull off) tournament to date. I know doubles tournaments are very hard to work with, and there are many other tournaments going on , AND you all have a life of your own outside of this site. The twist that goes along with this tournament will just make things even more complicated. But i DID think this was a worthy idea to try. As long as everyone will take some time to follow the tournament info that i give you, get your matches done in the time i give you, and have fun, there will be no problems! ok, so with saying ALL of that, here are the rules :)

Basic Tournament Information

This Tournament will run somwhat like my last tournament,"The Tournament With No Original Name #2". Instead of Switching playable characters, you will be switching PARTNERS! how you do in teamwork competition is key here. if you work well with others, and are an all around good brawler, this will be a good experience for you :). and another twist, there will only be ONE winner. in the final round, the losing team will face off agains each other, to fight for 3rd & 4th place, and the winning team will fight off for 1st & 2nd place! HOPEFULLY TGK can then use the places for his ranking system. but that is completely up to him.

Stock: 5
Time Limit: 8:00
Doubles Sets will be 3/5, and Singles sets(the final round) will be 5/7
Meta Knight is Banned
Friendly Fire is off
life stealing is allowed
All items are turned to "Off" and "None"
Any Suicide move is allowed. If it comes down to the last stock, the person who uses the suicide move will take the win.
This is a single eliminationg tournament. if you lost, you are out
If the timer runs out before the match is over, the team with the most combined stock wins.
if the stocks are tied, the team with the least combined % wins.
if somehow THAT is tied, a coin flip will decide the winner.
If both parties decide lag is too much after much effort, a coin flip will decide the winner. may lady luck be on your side! :)

Tournament Stages

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)
Delfino Plaza

Counter Pick stages

Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Luigi's Mansion

Additional Rules

You Have to have at least 25 posts to enter this tournament, unless I, or another contesant i can fully trust vouches for you. But be warned. I want that person to do their matches in a timely manner along with everyone else! This Tournament will consist of absolutley no slackers! I really want this to work, and all it takes is one person in a tournament like this to mess it up. If you dont cooperate, chances are i will not find it easy to let you join my other tournaments! And i have some cool things in mind still! lol(but i WILL be surprisingly lenient to most excuses. things like a death in the family i will be very lenient towards :) but things like " i was sick all week" will not fly)

As ive said in past tournaments, if you sign up for this, please be mature and do your matcehs in the time allotted! This will be hard enough to run without having to track you down to get your matches done! i will usually give you ab out 10-12 days ideally to do each round(considering all the other tournametns that are going on at this time), so PLEASE do them!

This will HOPEFULLY be a 32 man tournament. but if enough people have signed up, and applications slow down dramatically, i will close off applications and start the tournament from there. also alongthat not, if slots fill up quickly, i am going to follow Aibou's lead, and postpone the starting date for a couple weeks, while other tournaments finish.

To people like TGK :laugh:, this WILL be a tournament where your partners are opponents wi;ll be randomly picked(and i stand by this 100%) I honestly hope this does not discourage you from joining at al, but i felt it wouldnt be fair unless i told you how partners and opponents would be selected.

HAVE FUN! although im sure i didnt make it sound like it at the beginning of this post, i really DO want you to have a good time while participating here:) nothing would please me more than hearing that you had a blast while participating, and you had the opportunty to play WITH someone, that you never would have done so otherwise! There is no Prize so there is avsolutly notheing at stake here! This is just for the sake of playing the game we love, having a good time, and MAYBE making a new friendship or 2

I will try my best to be 100% fair with any decision I may have to make as this tournaments director. I ask that all of you do the same :). but in all honesty, im sure i wont have a problem with that, as i know almost anyone who might join FAIRLY well, and know that all of you, in fact, WILL be as fair as possible. I just thought i should throw it out there.

ok! so with havnig said ALL of that, have the best of times while participating here! and lets hope this tournament works out

P.S.: i forgot to mention how to sign up
Username/Brawl Tag/Friend Code/Characters of choice (only allowed up to 5)

(if there is anything else im forgetting, i would really appriciate it if you let me know :) i covered a lot of information and im sure i missed something

sammy p

Smash Lord
1. Z.e.n/Zen/5070-2805-2051/:jigglypuff::kirby2::peach:
2. Derio45/Derio/0646-1374-0336/:falco::mario2::lucas::fox::toonlink:
3. thegreatkazoo/KAB or other tags/2922-8999-6173/:dk2::rob::zelda::pit::marth:
4. Paladin77/Curry/4125-6189-0457/:kirby2::pikachu2::diddy:
5. Aibou/Various/1720-2621-5874/:zelda::shiek::pit::gw:
6. Zero Σ/Zero/1333-3741-0563/:ike::wario:
7. junglefever/various/0903-9600-2799/:peach: :shiek::zelda:
8. Levi/various/5198-3883-4301/:kirby2::pikachu2::ness2:
9. Shadowfirex100/Levi/3824-8826-1903/:ike: :wario:
10. NikoPunkSUPEERMAARIO/Niko/4511-8738-7509/:ganondorf::falcon::luigi2::ness2:
11. dragonblooded/db./3438-3578-4003/:marth::dk2::gw::mario2:
12. BrawLBlazer/BlazR/2921-8771-2830/:snake::mario2::falco:
13. Neherazade/Sku1L/4983-4637-1628/:falco::marth::toonlink:
14. dualseeker/Pro/1075-9657-8001/:pit::marth::kirby2::zelda::shiek:
15. Chaos/Chaos/2235-2490-9487/ :toonlink::pit::falco::kirby2::luigi2:
16. HQ5/HQ5/1032-3203-2509/:lucario::lucas::zelda::shiek::falco:

sammy p

Smash Lord
Brackets

the brackets were completely random thanks to Random.org, list generator!
Red=lose
Green=Win

JungleFever(Scumfever) & HQ5
VS.
Dualseeker & Zen

Derio45 & BrawLblazr
VS.
Shadowfirex & Chaos

Levinifty & Neherazade
VS.
Dragonblooded & Zero E

TheGreatKazoo & Aibou
VS.
Paladin77 & NikopunkSUPEERMAARIO

The deadline is:
January 30th

good luck guys :) and have fun

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Sure thing. It's a great idea. Just make sure you stick strict to the deadlines. It's the only way doubles tourneys can succeed.

derio45

Smash Rookie
Its SO on!!! im gonna take this one all the way (if school lets me lol) uh sam how will our partners be chosen? coin flip? i hope my partner ROCKS!

sammy p

Smash Lord
ill vouch for you derio :) just remember that you need to do your parft for this tourney

and thats a good questions. i figured someone would ask that eventually.
im going to use a site called random.org!

derio45

Smash Rookie
random.org? hm ill check it out.oh and also,how do you post links......o_0..i know its a dumb question coming from someone as myself but i never figured out how to post them lol.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
....man im still a rookie on this site -_- im tired of seeing “derio45” “smash rookie” -_- im gotta change that somehow lol.
It would help if you stopped lurking so much. Oh, and using the edit button wouldn't hurt either. :p

I really hope that I am not going to have to carry the cross for my team, because getting a scrubby partner just straight sucks.

Btw, doubles tourneys aren't used for the OTL PR.

Thusly, an entry:

thegreatkazoo/KAB or other tags/2922-8999-6173/ :dk::rob::zelda::pit::marth:

sammy p

Smash Lord
whenever signups fill chisox

hah and i know that scrubby partners suck TGK. im actually pleasantly surprised you joined! i didnt think you would actually!
i guess its just the luck of the draw man. no hard feelings about whatever happens
thanks for joining:) adding you now

Aibou

Smash Master
Aw crap, it's doubles...aw what the heck, I'll join. :)

Aibou/Various/1720-2621-5874/
:zelda: :pit: :gw:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
because i <3 sammy, i will attempt make an attempt at this!

i suck.

apologies to whoever gets me.

junglefever/0903-9600-2799/:peach: :shiek:

Paladin77

Smash Journeyman
because i <3 sammy, i will attempt make an attempt at this!

i suck.

apologies to whoever gets me.

junglefever/0903-9600-2799/:peach: :shiek:
rly? You,
s
*** fever sucks?

with 10k posts and a hella lot of knowlage about brawl, i would have though you mastered the game o.o

Edit: oh yay sammy took my advice about the color :O

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
rly? You,
s
*** fever sucks?

with 10k posts and a hella lot of knowlage about brawl, i would have though you mastered the game o.o
Post count =! Skill level in Smash.

I ran a train on the 64-style Brawl tourney to get to the finals, only to be torn out the GD frame by a guy who has only posted eight times.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
AHHAHHAHA who told you i have a hella lot of knowledge about brawl
/?

I MUST KNOW

Paladin77

Smash Journeyman
Post count =! Skill level in Smash.

I ran a train on the 64-style Brawl tourney to get to the finals, only to be torn out the GD frame by a guy who has only posted eight times.
but he was a really old member
and so is scum
he just didnt post.

and its like the joke of the big feet=big ****

the bigger feet you have, the miniumum size of your **** is bigger (ie size 8 feet will have a minimum size ***** of 8inch, while size 14 feet will have a MINIMUM 11 inch *****. This means that the 14 size foot could also have a 15 inch *****. also, the 8 size foot could have a 15 inch. BUT the 14 size foot could not have a 7 inch *****)

now youre wondering why i said such a perverted thing.
This means that people with higher postcount and more knowlage of the game will have a minimum expectancy to be better. IE minimum proness of 10k post count is to beat 2 lvl 9 cps (just an example). And the minimum pro-ness of a person with 7 posts is to beat 1 lvl 2 cp. The guy with 7 posts would be able to beat 3 lvl 9cps, he just wouldnt be a noob that couldnt beat a lvl 1 cp...

now we take the mario guy. He has 7 posts. Surprisingly, he is uber pro

now lets take s*** fever. His minimum expectancy of proness would be to beat Zen, or Aibou. this means that someone with his post count would be any much better than Zen or Aibou (JUST EXAMPLES. NOT SAYIN ANYTHIN)

So my point is here is that you expect more from someone with more knowlage of smash. And it shows by post count and by rumors/etc.

Since SWF barley knew that mario guy, we had no clue how pro he would be. He could have been as bad as a lvl 5 cpu, or he could be as pro as M2k himself.

and that is why i said that about s***

lets put it like this. Post count = minimum tech level

TGK's tech level is >x where x = your post count
sCUM's tech level is > 10k

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i cant beat either of the three you just named.

i dont think ive won ever.

except a few friendlies..

seriously like maybe 4.

sorry to spam your thread sammy.

look forward to having loads of fun with all of you :)

sammy p

Smash Lord
yay im loved! thanks for joining levinifty and trav :)
ummm... im pretty sure your better than me travis :laugh: its honestly not that hard to beat me at all! although i DO think im decent when playing with a partner? :confused:
you were right Paladin! the color WAS a little too hard on the eyes.... >_>; i thank anyone who toughed it out and read the whole things when it was red like that

EDIT: P.S.: i will add you two later, and ill join later today too. but right now i have to get ready for finals today :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom