• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

smashnoir

Smash Rookie
Does Lucario's fair out prioritize his bair? How bout his dair and uair? Just curious as I rarely play other Lucarios.

Milln

Smash Champion
Bair has a hitbox that's a scare so if someone tries to fair your bair in the air that's already there, your bair will tear through their fair continuously since most brawl .... pla'ers... ( =D ) don't care to be aware of snares so they'll continue to dare and get nowhere. In the rare case where one has his share of adaptability, then beware.

smashnoir

Smash Rookie
Ok.

And I haven't been able to find exact numbers on aura boost pertaining to stocks. Does he have to be knocked two stocks behind before he sees anything? Or is it just when he's on his last stock? Does the boost stay when the opponent is brought down to one stock making them even?

hough123

Smash Ace
Someone on the tactical board said
Maybe it's just because I play peach and I'm not excellent at killing, but it just infuriates me how well Lucario can camp and how little he has to do to just shut down a lot of characters.
I suspect that this is because of the fact that they play peach, or that they've only played goodcarios. Still, what are your thoughts on this?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
It really is. Our metagame is getting to 140%, charge AS, shoot AS, run away, repeat. LOL
Unless you play a charater that can be aggro like MK ; You have to camp and bait. The best example I can find is olimar.

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
im new to lucario and stuff, im just wondering if dsmash is a good smash to use in general (i know its not better than his fsmash) but sometimes this move can do good for me and sometimes bad

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's an okay move, the problem is that it's just soooo meh, it's a kill option that has its own scenarios, but they are kind of far and few between.

I think it's better than usmash, although w/ usmash, you can do them Spire Combo shenanigans.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
im new to lucario and stuff, im just wondering if dsmash is a good smash to use in general (i know its not better than his fsmash) but sometimes this move can do good for me and sometimes bad
i use dsmash on rollers and ground dodgers. the timing is different enough from fsmash that it can throw off ur opponent (eg. oponnents who are good at ground dodging fsmash). I also use it when i'm too close to the ledge when edge guarding someone who is getting up off the ledge (this works better than fsmash if ur opponent rolls)

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
QUESTION: What is the best / most efficent way to approach an enemy? fair? nair? AD->UTilt? or anything else

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
SH Fair is usually good, since it's pretty safe a lot of the time. Things after SH fair are up for the scenario at hand, but the list varies, from SH fair -> nair/dair to SH AD -> grab, or even an empty hop FF -> basic jab/utilt.

If lucario doesn't have to approach, that's usually a good thing though.

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about all the questions but

at what percentage does lucario reach his MAX strength?

and what r his best moves to punish with?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Drift108 - 170%

Fizzle_Boy - Use your jabs, tilts and if you ever get caught in dsmash. SDI up. Remember that bair has a lingering hitbox, so make sure you avoid that and nair at all cost. If they are off stage, harass them when they start to up-b, and pay close attention to when ROB stops thrusting, cause that will be a sign that it's going to nair or bair you. Lord Rayku knows this match up better than I do.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
ROB and Falco are gay MUs, although ROB is actually pretty good for you if you have the know how. Don't get gimped in the ROB MU, and you could live very easily to 130%

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
What is the matchup of snake vs lucario in neautral stages?

I try and get him off stage with fairs but he just gets out so easy with his super armor and only way to kill him is to get close and smash him but i might get utilt'd

Top Bottom