• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bdacus

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think it's more that diddy has a dacus, but it doesn't go anywhere.

bigman40

Smash Master
Yea, but the thing is diddy doesn't have a normal DACUS, which is why I am testing everything. lol.
He wouldn't have a normal DACUS if he couldn't do what was shown in the vid. Diddy's requirements for a normal DACUS is just too fast for human speed.

J4pu

Smash Champion
so, all this is is a normal DACUS?
just using lag frames + buffering to allow diddy to do it.
if any other character that could DACUS did this they would get the same result as a normal DACUS?

if so, this belongs in the Diddy boards.

and lol at someone thinking this will somehow improve Snake by item throw > DACUS, he can already slide 3/4 of FD, even if this goes a little farther it won't change anything

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It probably isn't Diddy specific, it may also relate to other characters who can't DACUS normally. Most characters can DACUS but to no effect (they don't slide much or barely at all) and some physically "can't" (Diddy for instance) until now anyway.
Felix told me that Diddy does have a normal dacus, but it doesnt slide far and all its used for is picking up bananas while usmashing
I think that's an "on-contact" DACUS like the one Ally does a lot, and is a different thing.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Isn't the only reason this works with diddy because there's a 1 frame window to cancel the dash attack, and it's not possible to do under normal conditions (either because of human speed or brawl mechanics idk) and buffering allows you to cancel the dash attack earlier than before?
please someone correct me if i'm wrong, i'd like to know how this works.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Other characters are also able to do this.

Its just a normal Dacus, but in the first possible frame.

Diddy seems to get the biggest momentum when canceling the DA in Frame 2, other characters seem to have the normal DAC length when doing it in frame 2 (Or only a small difference)

That there are differences in the length of the DACUS which depends on the time of canceling is already known, just ask Falcos or Warios about their DACUS length and they will tell you that there are different ones :p (Depends on the frame you cancel it to my knowledge)

TreK

Is "that guy"
Could someone film his controller when pulling that off ? I can't seem to get it, I've been training for half an hour...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
well uh i'm doing this with Falco and it's pretty awesome

i just do a late d-air, buffer forward and upC, spam upC, and he zooms the length of half of FD

LuigiKing

Smash Lord

i just do a late d-air, buffer forward and upC, spam upC, and he zooms the length of half of FD
Wat.

This is awesome. So that means any character that can DACUS normally should be able to do this? O.o

Omni

BRoomer
yea, i'm messing with it more.

can u buffer it during Falco's short hop laser. then he goes FLYING nearly with the laser. much, much farther than the regular dacus

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
This is awesome. So that means any character that can DACUS normally should be able to do this? O.o
1) Every character that can cancel it's Dash Attack from frame 2 or more can do it...

2) I think every character can cancel it's Dash Attack from frame 2 or more...

3) Yes, every character can cancel it's Dash Attack like that...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
and lol at someone thinking this will somehow improve Snake by item throw > DACUS, he can already slide 3/4 of FD, even if this goes a little farther it won't change anything
I was thinking his aerials could actually be somewhat useful, now that I understand it a bit more. I think. >_<

When you did it out of Diddy Kong's Fair landing lag, did it cancel the lag, or just occur right after the lag?

J4pu

Smash Champion

Falco's normal DACUS done properly goes 1/2 FD
you got to use an Attack input to get it though, can't use grab button

Wario can do this as well, but it looks exactly like his normal DACUS.

Edit: I'm doing this with everyone, and so far, Snake is official. He can do it.

Link can do it as well.

So far, I have confirmed: Diddy, Snake, Wario, and Link.

I tried it with Toon Link, Mario, Luigi, Fox, Metaknight, and Marth, and Sonic, and I could NOT pull it off.

bigman40

Smash Master
People still don't understand? All characters that have a DACUS before this was found, will have it here. This is just buffering the DACUS to make Diddy's possible. All other characters (everyone technically has a DACUS, but most are not useful like Yoshi's. His stops in place) don't benefit from this other than to be frame perfect with a hypen Usmash.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
People still don't understand? All characters that have a DACUS before this was found, will have it here. This is just buffering the DACUS to make Diddy's possible. All other characters (everyone technically has a DACUS, but most are not useful like Yoshi's. His stops in place) don't benefit from this other than to be frame perfect with a hypen Usmash.
So what are the properties of this that prevent a character from being able to do it or allow them to do it?

Omni

BRoomer
don't forget it works with Falco.

it's really fast, too. it's like... short hop, laser ZOOOOMIES look at dat upsmash oh wait u can't cuz it's too fast DACUS tech ftw

also, i believe it should work with ANY move that has any kind of lag or recovery. i tried with all of Falco's aerials and his laser with success.

i'll try his sidestep and b moves

edit: geezus, yeah it works out of sidestep and over. comes out ******** fast. it seems like in order to get the max distance that you have to C-Stick up after the buffer at the earliest frame possible.

now the fun part is going to be finding applications for this

Top Bottom