• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bdacus

Muz

Smash Apprentice
anyway, in order to do it with Falco's laser:

1.) short hop
2.) laser at peak
3.) while still falling press forward on analog and upC on C-Stick at the SAME TIME
(u can test if ur doing this correctly if a dash attack comes out immediately after the laser)
4.) press C-stick up again immediately. spamming works but i think timing it would be best
I'm having alot of trouble doing this. I'm trying to do it with samus, but first I want to see what it looks like with falco.
So far I'm stuck on step three.
On step 3 you wrote that you should see a DASH ATTACK come out after the laser, did you mean Up-smash? Because anytime I hit Cup while dashing I always upsmash, and not dash attack.
Also on step 3, does it have to be Cup, or can it be any other button to initiate an attack? Normally when I'm doing a DACUS with snake (AKA mortar sliding) I dash, then after I start the running part I hit Cdown to start the dash attack, and immediately hit up+a for the upsmash.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
OK, so ZSS does not have a DACUS like Peach and like Diddy. Like them, her DACUS is really hard to do and when performed barely goes any distance at all. (Peach and Diddy both have regular a DACUS, but it doesn't move and has a very tight window).

But I can't get this to work with even Diddy, so I was wondering if someone could test it out for me.

By the way, this is pretty technical; maybe the most technical thing to come out of Brawl and is pretty game-changing for a few characters. Even if you can't slide crazy-far like Diddy, buffering an DACUS out of landing lag has a lot of strong implications.

fZk

Smash Lord
On step 3 you wrote that you should see a DASH ATTACK come out after the laser, did you mean Up-smash?
If you get an upsmash, you're doing it wrong, a dash attack comes out if done correctly. It's very hard to do consistently.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
On step 3 you wrote that you should see a DASH ATTACK come out after the laser, did you mean Up-smash?
Nope.

I'm not sure why it happens but when you buffer forward on analog and upC on C-Stick a dash attack comes out. I've been trying to wrap my brain around this one for a while.

The dash attack should come out if you buffer correctly. It's more of a I'm-Doing-This-Correct-So-Far step. I've noticed that if you're doing a standing up-smash in place that I'm most likely missing the buffer all together.

A mystery. Hrm, hrm!

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
that would be great if ZSS could do this. Thatd be great if Dacus could be buffered for marth too. Thatd help in the MK matchup. Well GR ppl would be estatic for this. Even if they dont slide far if your character can GR small characters (MK) and theyre just a frame off or something stupid; then they could utilize this maybe to get some more air grab releases available. O and im pretty sure this would aid fox like no other. Shine> Dacus is supposedly a true combo according to some post within the Fox boards. With this buffered DACUS, thatd make this far more easy to rely on. Dair>Jab Jab cancel>Shine>Buffered DACUS will live again!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i don't think MK has a regular dacus so i'd say no...

Nope.

I'm not sure why it happens but when you buffer forward on analog and upC on C-Stick a dash attack comes out. I've been trying to wrap my brain around this one for a while.

The dash attack should come out if you buffer correctly. It's more of a I'm-Doing-This-Correct-So-Far step. I've noticed that if you're doing a standing up-smash in place that I'm most likely missing the buffer all together.

A mystery. Hrm, hrm!
so it's like his normal dacus where the actual attack of the dash attack comes out before the up smash comes out?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
OK so I've eben able to do this once with Falco. His bdacus doesnt' go any further than his dacus, but because it happens instantly on landing it's pretty amazing anyway.

I've also done it with Peach but she gets next to zero movement.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Testing it out with Falco, I could actually do it without using the buffer system. I set my L button to Attack to help me do Sheik's DACUS a while ago, and this works with Falco. I assume then that it works with Diddy as well.

So I repeat, unless Falco's full DACUS doesn't require much timing, this new DACUS tech can be performed without buffering. Two hands seem to co-ordinate better than just one hand.

EDIT: Tested it with Diddy, apparently Falco's full DACUS doesn't need to be buffered, but Diddy's does.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Testing it out with Falco, I could actually do it without using the buffer system. I set my L button to Attack to help me do Sheik's DACUS a while ago, and this works with Falco. I assume then that it works with Diddy as well.

So I repeat, unless Falco's full DACUS doesn't require much timing, this new DACUS tech can be performed without buffering. Two hands seem to co-ordinate better than just one hand.

EDIT: Tested it with Diddy, apparently Falco's full DACUS doesn't need to be buffered, but Diddy's does.
This is confirmed. Diddy Kong does have a standard DACUS that is easily performed by using the L button. Dash, C-down, up+L. You can clearly see the dash attack start to come out and then cancel into a sliding up smash that doesn't go nearly as far as the buffered dacus.

So that means this 1-frame "BDACUS" is in-fact something else entirely, and NOT just a DACUS that is too quick for the game engine.

I'm thinking that DACUS slide distance is momentum-sensitive and that if you DAC your US at the point with the maximum possible momentum your character will carry that momentum. Diddy's is probably just fastest on frame 1 (i imagine most dash attacks are).

EDIT: What I'm saying is that the first X frames of a dash attack are cancelable and that if those frames happen to have high momentum your character will slide; there are probably other characters who can do this on frames other than 1.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for clarifying that, I wasn't buffering it properly. I guess my problem was that I was trying to buffer it out of the short hop laser, but the buffer window seems to be very tiny. What seems to work for me a bit easier is doing a short hop fast falled upair, forward on analog + upC, another immediate upC. For anyone else having trouble doing this, I suggest practicing with a ffed upair until you start getting dash attacks by pressing forward+upC. Once you get this down, just add another upC to get the sliding upsmash. Now to test it with samus....

St. Viers

Smash Champion
sorry, I read only the first 3 pages, and then the last one, and a couple of housekeeping questions:

1.Has it been confirmed *why* diddy's is different from other people (in that it has a boost)?

1b. If it has something to do w/ diddy having canceled momentum, what other dash attacks would share that trait?

2.Can someone make a list (savior, you're good at such things) that rank how good this is with each character?

Zulu Nation

Smash Cadet
Yea I was testing the BDacus with Fox.... so here's what I got.

Nair>BDacus I know Fox can Nair>Usmash normally but..... This form is more useful at mid precents because you cant Nair>Usmash at certain precents. You know when you did it right by two things.
1) Combo counter says 2 (duh)
2) You slide past them after you Usmash.
Idk this might be useful I have to go check with the Fox boards.

I'm gonna test out DJC>Shine>BDacus now and I'll come back with some results.

I also don't know on this but it looks like Fthrow>BDacus sounds legit I'll test that after Shine>BDacus.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
this works for diddy because there's only 1 frame where he gets a large boost from the dacus, and any other frame won't give you any boost.
you can only dacus from that one frame if you buffer it.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Why is buffering a dash attack with C-Up important?

You couldn't you buffer with CDown than move to CUp, passing a nuetral position while you're buffering all of this like a regular Dacus? It seems it would be easier on teh hands.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Why is buffering a dash attack with C-Up important?

You couldn't you buffer with CDown than move to CUp, passing a nuetral position while you're buffering all of this like a regular Dacus? It seems it would be easier on teh hands.

You can buffer the dash attack with either. Just do whichever is easier for you. Using UpC to buffer is easier, imo.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Thanks K Prime, I haven't had a chance to try this since my Wii is out of commish for a little bit. So I wanted to see if the familiar motions would work for when i finally get to try this...

Muz

Smash Apprentice
Omni, can you try to do the buffered dacus with Samu? I'm able to do it now with Diddy and Falco, but when I try it with Samus I'm just getting the usual distance with dacus. The distance is similar to the much simpler initial dash-upsmash :(

iRJi

Smash Champion
@Savior:

I think you should add the step by step instructions that you provided on page 2 to the OP. It just easier to maintain for people who are coming to the thread to find the information faster. I would also put down what other people are finding with it, on how so far only characters that have a dacus already can preform this. Like my reasoning earlier, it is just easier to maintain data doing so, instead of going through the thread picking up bits and pieces of it.

Edit: Why the hell is everyone calling it BDACUS. If anything it should be called PDacus for Perfect Dash Attack Cancel Usmash. Just seems more logical imo.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
This actually seems pretty practical for Falco and Diddy, although I'm having a much easier time getting the timing down consistently for Diddy.

With Falco, SHDL->BDACUS is yay.

With Diddy, D-tilt or Dribble->BDACUS is yay (the latter especially, it picks the banana back up during the U-smash) but the timing is difficult. It seems like if you just dash attack, you've done it too late, and if you do a standing U-smash you've done it too early, but I'm not sure if it is buffering the dash attack or spamming C-stick up.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
I wander if you can do this with sheik and her super fast DACUS. Though it dose not madder for me because i cant pull it off....

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is really still having trouble doing this and needs a more... detailed instruction, here you go.

1: Perform and kind of action that allows you to buffer an action out of it. Fast falling aerials that do not auto cancel, most spot dodges, and grab releases for some characters work fairly well. I haven't tested what works for who specifically yet, but Wolf can't seem to do this out of his spot dodge, or not that I've seen or been able to replicate.

2. Tap forward from the direction you're facing to buffer a dash, flicking your c-stick :down or up: to buffer a dash attack into the dash.

3. Immediatly after tapping up or down on the c-stick, return the control stick to neutral position and flick up on your c-stick :fast: to buffer the upsmash into the dash attack.

What you should see for Diddy is him zoom across the stage while up smashing. If you upsmash in place, you're buffering the first motion too fast, and you need to delay buffering the dash attack slightly more. If you're just dash attacking, you're not flicking up on your c-stick the second time fast enough. If you're doing a hyphen smash, you're close. You're just initiating the first motion a few frames too slow to buffer everything.

iRJi

Smash Champion
If anyone is really still having trouble doing this and needs a more... detailed instruction, here you go.

1: Perform and kind of action that allows you to buffer an action out of it. Fast falling aerials that do not auto cancel, most spot dodges, and grab releases for some characters work fairly well. I haven't tested what works for who specifically yet, but Wolf can't seem to do this out of his spot dodge, or not that I've seen or been able to replicate.

2. Tap forward from the direction you're facing to buffer a dash, flicking your c-stick :down or up: to buffer a dash attack into the dash.

3. Immediatly after tapping up or down on the c-stick, return the control stick to neutral position and flick up on your c-stick :fast: to buffer the upsmash into the dash attack.

What you should see for Diddy is him zoom across the stage while up smashing. If you upsmash in place, you're buffering the first motion too fast, and you need to delay buffering the dash attack slightly more. If you're just dash attacking, you're not flicking up on your c-stick the second time fast enough. If you're doing a hyphen smash, you're close. You're just initiating the first motion a few frames too slow to buffer everything.
This is good too, I just wanted to put the instructions on the front page so people wouldn't have to search so much for it xD.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
It seems that this is just using the momentum from the very first frame, which has the most acceleration, to get the most possible distance out of a DACUS.

Wouldn't that mean you could also do it with a grab if you buffered a boost grab instead of DACUS?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
"Perfect DACUS" sounds acceptable.

Better then BDACUS.

Better yet, who can actually perform this? Been trying for an hour and still cannot get it to work <_<

I have better luck with shinedashing in melee.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
BDACUS simply stands for Buffered Dash Attack Cancelled Up Smash. I wasn't trying to like, name it or anything, that's just what the phrase is abbreviated. The goal wasn't to sound cool.

Anyway, my guess is that any character can perform a BDACUS/PDACUS/tomato/tomahto but that like the DACUS, only some characters will gain a noticeable slide because only some characters have max momentum on frame 1.

If the character in question had max momentum on frame 2 or 7 or 25 then you could probably get a nice slide out of cancelling it on those frames assuming the window was that large (it probably isn't).

Right now I know that:

Wario, Jigglypuff, Falco, etc. can all perform this to some affect because they can perform DACUSes. The list of characters able to perform a slide DACUS has increased to include Peach now, as Diddy always technically had a DACUS; the slide gained from Peach's "perfect DACUS" is pretty small though, so I doubt she'll get much use out of it. Fox in particular can do a number of silly things with this technique, like Shine->perfect DACUS, fthrow->perfect dacus, and a few other fun things.

I didn't really get to test anyone else tonight.

Better yet, who can actually perform this? Been trying for an hour and still cannot get it to work <_<

I have better luck with shinedashing in melee.
I had a friend of mine over tongiht and we were messing around with this technique and found that it's easier if you don't overthink when to start the tech. Just spotdodge (or whatever), and then hit left or right on the directional stick (you can actually do either, it doesn't matter which direction you're facing) and c-up at the same time. Once you have that part down (and by "down," I mean that you are able to have your character buffer a dash attack out of the lag of your previous move immediately) try adding another quick c-up before that animation comes out.

Smash Rookie
I tried testing all characters and I can also add:

R.O.B. (Slight boost)
Olimar (Slight boost)
Pikachu (Slight boost)
Sonic (Barely missing halfway across FD)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
theorycraft: on the second cstick flick (for the usmash), can you press Z at the same time to charge a smash? (like ICs do in chaingrab finishes)

Top Bottom