• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I only main him becuase I can't main the move down-smash as ice climbers that move alone is better than ssbb.

Warning please don't get me started up about pichu becuase I easily get out of control and start talking about things i've discovered like perfect up-B.

But yeah it says there are no server or there is an error. How do I make one?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
New red shell glitch?

Stand on Hyrule on top of the **** tent in training mode. Summon a motion-sensor bomb. throw it up, and immediately spawn as many red shells as it lets u. As the bomb is coming down, hold down B (shine) which will "activate" the shells.

If done right, the shells will continually hit you and huge hit marks will keep appearing until the red shells go away. When that happens, you die. You can move when this glitch happens but I haven't done any experiments yet.

EDIT: AFter 10 mins of weird experimenting, I realize u dont need to motion sensor bomb to do this. Just a small area for the red shells to travel. 1 or 2 tries you get it, but u wont die all the time.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
The mechanic behind the glitch is old, but this particular variation itself hasn't been recorded anywhere I've seen. I'll add it to the other shell glitches.

DK's taunt causes projectiles that hit him above his arms to miss completely.

Old?
A vid of this would be helpful. You mean they can go through his hands and the top triangle part of his head?

Crackawhat

Smash Rookie
What cheats are enabled by everyone on Galaxy 64? I currently have on all characters and unlock mushroom kingdom. I want to know because I am very frequently desyncing and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my cheat set up.

DMoogle

A$
What kind of DS? "Soft" DS (non-detected), or "hard" DS/lagging out (detected)?

The only two cheats I use are "Have all characters" and "Have Mushroom Kingdom" (which also enables the item selection).

Crackawhat

Smash Rookie
What kind of DS? "Soft" DS (non-detected), or "hard" DS/lagging out (detected)?

The only two cheats I use are "Have all characters" and "Have Mushroom Kingdom" (which also enables the item selection).
Soft, sometimes I'll desync and I will have 0 lag spikes in my lagstat. I'm 95% sure it's my campus internet causing the problems and probably dropping one packet that screws it up. But I wanted to check and see if maybe it was something I was doing wrong. Some more info:

Windows 7 64 bit
Running PJ64K .13 in xp sp3 compatibility mode
Using updated plugins from PJ64KVE (but still PJ64K .13 core files)

DMoogle

A$
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit as well, but I don't have to run PJ64K in compatibility mode (and I didn't have to when I was on Vista either). It's a longshot, and I'm not entirely sure why it would cause DS, but perhaps you should try turning off compatibility mode and see if there's any improvement.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Soft, sometimes I'll desync and I will have 0 lag spikes in my lagstat. I'm 95% sure it's my campus internet causing the problems and probably dropping one packet that screws it up. But I wanted to check and see if maybe it was something I was doing wrong. Some more info:

Windows 7 64 bit
Running PJ64K .13 in xp sp3 compatibility mode
Using updated plugins from PJ64KVE (but still PJ64K .13 core files)
Your problem is in the big font and a factor that COULD help with the DS is in the red

Crackawhat

Smash Rookie
Your problem is in the big font and a factor that COULD help with the DS is in the red
Yea this is the only way I could get PJ64 to run. And besides, isn't KVE supposedly just PJ64k with updated plugins?

Edit: Took off compatibility mode, runs the same (still desyncing more than normal though). I'm throwing it up to it being my campus internet, I see ventrilo ping spike every so often from 15 to 680, so some sort of problem is on the network.

rpotts

Smash Lord
stfu dude he only gave it to like 1 or 2 people. No matter how much you ask (no one who frequents this board has it, other than house) you'll never get it. It's not that important anyway, what would you do with it, beat up level 9s even harder?

SSBPete

Smash Lord
ok i found something really wierd with yoshi. if u stand next to an edge and face the opposite direction and djc backwards while throwing an egg, you dont grab the edge! whats up with that?

dandan

Smash Lord
i just formatted and upgraded to win7 ultimate x64, i have installed all the required drivers, including the nvidia ones, but for some reason, i get a lil bit of stuttering when playing, even offline.
i have not had this problem with my laptop and other pcs running win7, just this one, which is my playing pc.
it feels as if there are tiny lag spikes, i do not know how to describe it more accurately.
any help and suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.
i am using jabo3d8 btw, with pj64k 0.13

dandan

Smash Lord
that is why i noted the lag spikes even happen offline, this is not just online lag

dandan

Smash Lord
well, apparently it was aero, i have turned it off and it seems to work properly, hopefully it stays that way. just putting it here so that if anyone has the same problem, he will know what to do.

on further testing it seems closing aero off did not solve the problem, so any more advice will be appreciated.

Crackawhat

Smash Rookie
Does anybody know gameshark codes to access other levels, (Such as battlefield 64, intro training screen level, master hand level), how to modify existing levels? (no wind on dreamland, no tornadoes on hyrule), AND if these codes will work for online play?

dandan

Smash Lord
Does anybody know gameshark codes to access other levels, (Such as battlefield 64, intro training screen level, master hand level), how to modify existing levels? (no wind on dreamland, no tornadoes on hyrule), AND if these codes will work for online play?
i think the no tornado and no wind comes with the normal pj64k, look under tourney codes or something like that, and they work for online games, pm me if you do not find them and i will link you to my emu.

i do not know the codes on how to get to those stages, if i remember correctly, it can only be done through the 1p menu and not the vs one.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If you get the debug menu code, you can easily skip to any stage you want (that's playable... Master Hand stage not being playable...). But yeah, Metal Mario, Polygon, Beta staes 1 and 2, how to play, race to the finish... I think that's all the extra stages...

800A4AD0 0004 (I think)

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Jigg's Teleport --> Usmash

Any reason to use it over Teleport --> Rest? It doesn't have more range (at least, effective), and anytime it kills, Rest would kill as well with less start-up lag and a frame of invincibility. I was just wondering because it's a ***** to master, and I'm thinking of just leaving it out from my repertoire.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
really? I find it harder since you have to tap the stick to register a smash attack, whereas just having the control stick in the up/down direction, regardless of how you did it, results in upB/downB. I guess I'm doing it wrong

any videos of it in action? thanks

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Any reason to use it over Teleport --> Rest? It doesn't have more range (at least, effective), and anytime it kills, Rest would kill as well with less start-up lag and a frame of invincibility. I was just wondering because it's a ***** to master, and I'm thinking of just leaving it out from my repertoire.
Well it's nice to have it for fox.

Also obviously missing a teleport rest is way worse than missing a teleport usmash.

Crackawhat

Smash Rookie
If you get the debug menu code, you can easily skip to any stage you want (that's playable... Master Hand stage not being playable...). But yeah, Metal Mario, Polygon, Beta staes 1 and 2, how to play, race to the finish... I think that's all the extra stages...

800A4AD0 0004 (I think)
How do you set the game mode to stock ffa or stock team at the debug menu? Also how do you return to the debug menu after a match without having to relaunch the rom? And can I turn items off?

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Well it's nice to have it for fox.

Also obviously missing a teleport rest is way worse than missing a teleport usmash.
True. I guess what I meant was that I never see it in videos, and always teleport --> rest instead. especially as an end to a combo (perhaps from nair/fair/bair) it is surprisingly uncommon

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
How do you set the game mode to stock ffa or stock team at the debug menu? Also how do you return to the debug menu after a match without having to relaunch the rom? And can I turn items off?
The way I do it is start the rom with the cheat off. Set up all the settings normally (5 stocks, team attack on, items off, etc.). Then turn the cheat on, and go to the vs mode char select screen. Instead, you'll go to the debug menu, where you can select your chars and stage. The settings you made before going to the debug menu are the settings you'll use.

To go back to the debug menu (if I remember right), from the char select screen, go back to the vs mode settings screen (where it shows time/stock, more options, etc.), then return to the char select screen.

Hope that helps :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Does anyone know anywhere where I can download clips of the narrator? (Specifically the "smaaaash brothers" from the opening) Been searching anywhere and can't find it.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Does the rolling edge get-up animation make you edgehog for longer compared to the other get-ups (not talking about at high percents)? It clearly does in Melee, but if it works in 64, the effect seems far less noticeable.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Yes, rolls seem to be longest at low percent. As soon as you vacate the ledge, other players can grab it. The animation does not give you a blanket ledgehog, so struggling to get up gives you more frames of ledgehog than immediately getting up, meaning at 100%+, you have a more efficient ledgehog :p

It seems ledge attacks (pressing A) at 100%+ are the longest animations that keep you on the ledge.

Top Bottom