• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Sheerly out of curiosity, with no desire to spark derisive comments, etc. etc. etc...
(lol Australia)
You annoy me. I don't care who you are, nor do I care that you're probably right in belief, but that was unneccesary.

Would I be breaking rules by saying that downloading a different ROM might help?
Downloading ROMs is illegal, the only way to have legit roms is to rip the cartridge's contents yourself.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Oh, come on. I kid, I kid. It's the american way to make fun of countries with >30,000,000 people. Just ask a Canadian. I'm sure that the Australian smash scene is absolutely shizzy.

DMoogle

A$
Oh, come on. I kid, I kid. It's the american way to make fun of countries with >30,000,000 people. Just ask a Canadian. I'm sure that the Australian smash scene is absolutely shizzy.
At least Australians can probably tell the difference between a < sign and a > sign. :(

I thought you were poking fun at the fact that there aren't any well-known super good Australian players (at least, not that I know of).

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium

We do have a couple of Australians who can do anything I have seen notable Americans do, but being so far away from everyone it's hard to show it off.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Americans make fun of the world because Americans think they are superior in every way. The world makes fun of Americans because Americans think they are superior in every way.
lol wut

I in no way believe I'm better than other people. It's all false stereotyping, you can't base an entire country's (especially a big country, at that) attitudes based on the fact that SOME of the people do or say certain things.

These are the kinds of statements that lead to pointless arguments over the internet.

ex: "Americans are fat and stupid."

Some are. The majorirty are not.

Kthxbai.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
^Someone not understanding sarcasm over the interwebz.
Sarcasm? What's that ABOOT?

Ok serious post:

ciaza what do you mean when you say there are Australians that can do anything notable Americans can do? Do you mean combos? Tech skill?

It seems to be really hard to correlate that with skill. For example, I can do almost any combo I've seen Alancitu do in game, but that doesn't mean I'm as good as he is (nowhere close in fact).

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Sarcasm? What's that ABOOT?

Ok serious post:

ciaza what do you mean when you say there are Australians that can do anything notable Americans can do? Do you mean combos? Tech skill?

It seems to be really hard to correlate that with skill. For example, I can do almost any combo I've seen Alancitu do in game, but that doesn't mean I'm as good as he is (nowhere close in fact).
I meant everything in general, all I was saying is that we're not some clueless people who can't keep up with the rest of the world.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Well Australians are all descendants of English criminals RIGHT?

JK ... but seriously I don't think anyone actually thought that Australians were all "clueless people".

So anyway ... have you ever been to Uluru? I went there and got up early to watch the sun rise on the rock, and it was cool and all but wasn't really worth waking up that early.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Standing on the rock is apparently defacing Aboriginal heritage.

We don't get much better because Americans don't want to play with 5+ frames (understandable). Taking on all challengers. With Link.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
What's the delay normally at between an australian player and a US eastern/midwest player on p2p? If it's not that bad I'd like to play you sometime, cheese.

Battlecow

Play to Win
At least Australians can probably tell the difference between a < sign and a > sign. :(
*palms face repeatedly*

OK, my bad. But still. Y'all are taking my stereotype talk way too seriously. My "lol Australia" was offhand and facetious. my "American way" was also facetious. As in, I was joking. Apologies to anyone whose feelings were genuinely hurt.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Ok, learning short hops, character-specific times regarding when to buffer, non-jumped U-Airs without buffering and D-Airs without fastfalling...anyone who takes the time to learn even one of them isn't lazy.

dandan

Smash Lord
Ok, learning short hops, character-specific times regarding when to buffer, non-jumped U-Airs without buffering and D-Airs without fastfalling...anyone who takes the time to learn even one of them isn't lazy.
those are the easy things, try to sh dair ff uair with luigi without the double jump :bee:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I can do it in practice mode with buffering, but I never bother in-game because my short hops fail and fastfalling is unneeded when my d-air comes out later than it should.

dandan

Smash Lord
it can help if you try hitting a crouching kirby or jigs, as your dair will miss, and uair too unless it is ff

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I play on keyboard for online matches only. Otherwise, I use controller for console matches. My best character of everyone is my keyboard puff. Then it's all 12 controller characters, then the other 11 keyboard characters. Though I have much more fun on the controller... but I don't know why my keyboard puff is the only keyboard character to be better than my controller character... :p

Top Bottom