• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Cant watch videos on the PC I am on.

This you need to explain yourself from why you qouted my post and what you are trying to get at.
sry the second part of this post makes no sense, i have no idea wat your trying say. and i doubt u cant watch the videos. your probably making things up as u always do on this thread. anyway if u watch the videos u will see how MK is just like every other character with weaknesses and strengths that can be countered. this thread is pointless

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
sry the second part of this post makes no sense, i have no idea wat your trying say. and i doubt u cant watch the videos. your probably making things up as u always do on this thread. anyway if u watch the videos u will see how MK is just like every other character with weaknesses and strengths that can be countered. this thread is pointless
This is why we can't debate with meta players. most of you are just, ugh....most of you don't belong in this debate, there should be a rule for this.

If I could I watch it. Not be a damm problem. I can clearly say from how you are posting, you are just bias cause you play meta.

Why dont you tell me who is playing who in these videos since you think I am full of it or making up an excuse?

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Bob Saget it's obvious you are still incredibly ignorant and naive about MK's dominance.

Stop with these bs claims he'll be 'over thrown'.
stop flaming me, u always do and its getting out of hand. im surprised your not banned already. this game is very complex with many aerials, dodges, combos. its too complex to have a character beat everyone all the time. MK doesnt win every tournament, not enoguh for him to get banned and a lot of his matches r close anyway. check the vids put for yourself if u want.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Bob some computers tend to have issues with youtube. I doubt he would be lying to you -_-;

he is asking you what goes on in the video and who is playing.
i think the person is female because of the feminine signature and colour of her words.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
stop flaming me, u always do and its getting out of hand. im surprised your not banned already. this game is very complex with many aerials, dodges, combos. its too complex to have a character beat everyone all the time. MK doesnt win every tournament, not enoguh for him to get banned and a lot of his matches r close anyway. check the vids put for yourself if u want.
Big and national tournaments, Meta has been winning most, or if I really wanna be like that, ALL of them. Big names, high level of play, lots of cash on the line, mostly giving to metaknight. Where are you getting this stuff from?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Never said anything about him winning every tourney. No, I'm referring to you actually believing someone could beat him on the tier list even though no one else agrees with this for very simple and easy to understand reasons.

I'm the one arguing that MK is beatable, but he's still the best in the game. Read my posts instead of looking like a fool m'kay?

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Never said anything about him winning every tourney. No, I'm referring to you actually believing someone could beat him on the tier list even though no one else agrees with this for very simple and easy to understand reasons.

I'm the one arguing that MK is beatable, but he's still the best in the game. Read my posts instead of looking like a fool m'kay?
we will see. its to early to tell, u cant be too certain and neither am I that MK will always hold#1 or not. please stop calling me names your just wasting my time and your time.

IxxI

Smash Fence
i think the person is female because of the feminine signature and colour of her words.
What? This has nothing to do with you quoted or aids in the discussion in anyway...
Dark Peach is male by the way, and he is a very good peach. If Metaknight has lots of weaknesses, then what are some? The only one I can think of at the top of my head are his weight, but his speed, KO power, and no bad matchups make him too good. Fox and Marth we're disputably the best characters in Melee, but they did come with some bad matchups.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
What? This has nothing to do with you quoted or aids in the discussion in anyway...
Dark Peach is male by the way, and he is a very good peach. If Metaknight has lots of weaknesses, then what are some? The only one I can think of at the top of my head are his weight, but his speed, KO power, and no bad matchups make him too good. Fox and Marth we're disputably the best characters in Melee, but they did come with some bad matchups.
here r some MK weaknesses:
his lateral movement outside of a glide is very poor (in the bottom 5), several characters can chaingrab or combo him easily (usually by a grab-release) because of his short air release, he has only four viable finishers and none of them are meteor smashes (though he can gimp recoveries to remedy this), he has no projectiles (though he can move quickly while attacking in some attacks), and his weight is low (tied for the fourth lightest). His low weight means that his jumps don't have to use much force to make him move. This gives Meta Knight a weakness not seen in many other characters. When he gets a Metal Box, his wings can't exert enough force to lift him, so if he goes off the edge of a stage he can't recover by jumping. Also, even though all four of his special moves are recovery moves they all leave him helpless

BentoBox

Smash Master
A Wifi tournament, really?

Your signature is fitting.

his lateral movement outside of a glide is very poor (in the bottom 5), several characters can chaingrab or combo him easily (usually by a grab-release) because of his short air release, he has only four viable finishers and none of them are meteor smashes (though he can gimp recoveries to remedy this), he has no projectiles (though he can move quickly while attacking in some attacks), and his weight is low (tied for the fourth lightest). His low weight means that his jumps don't have to use much force to make him move. This gives Meta Knight a weakness not seen in many other characters. When he gets a Metal Box, his wings can't exert enough force to lift him, so if he goes off the edge of a stage he can't recover by jumping. Also, even though all four of his special moves are recovery moves they all leave him helpless
Ahh, it all makes sense now.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This discussion with you just ended..........

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
This is why we can't debate with meta players. most of you are just, ugh....most of you don't belong in this debate, there should be a rule for this.

If I could I watch it. Not be a damm problem. I can clearly say from how you are posting, you are just bias cause you play meta.

Why dont you tell me who is playing who in these videos since you think I am full of it or making up an excuse?
What would this accomplish when they are the ones who Are affected most by this decision?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Bob....stop talking about his weaknesses, most of which dont matter, and look at his match ups. He's safer than everyone else.

And why the **** would you bring up the metal box.

Master Raven

Smash Master
MK kinda has other weaknesses other than his light weight: yes, he does have some lag in a few attacks, his range is decent, but not the best, as other characters can outrange him, such as DK, none of his attacks can cancel certain projectiles thanks to the strange "laser" priority he has, and all his B moves put him in a helpless state which can lead to SDs, among other things. However the problem is that these weaknesses are relatively minor for the most part, and thus not easy to exploit, compared to a character like Snake who clearly has a risky aerial game, more punishable lag in his moves and gets completely ****ed off-stage if someone is good at gimping.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
What would this accomplish when they are the ones who Are affected most by this decision?
More legit debates on meta. And not get crap like the ones from Bob. Only certain metas could debate on this. Ones that are not bias on thier character, there needs to be a rule for it or else this won't get anywhere. this is the third thread about this.

Nic64

Smash Lord
When he gets a Metal Box, his wings can't exert enough force to lift him, so if he goes off the edge of a stage he can't recover by jumping.
meta knight. bottom tier.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Lol wow bob saget u sure know ur stuff I never wouldve thought metal box was mk weakness...>_> sigh. Ur posts make me sad. Ignore the nub plz.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Bob....stop talking about his weaknesses, most of which dont matter, and look at his match ups. He's safer than everyone else.

And why the **** would you bring up the metal box.
just an example on how his low weight doesnt give him much force to make him move

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
just an example on how his low weight doesnt give him much force to make him move
No, those 5 jumps without the metal box along with that deadly up b are more than enough to allow him to recover, the metal box part was really un needed.

Also, his moves that put him in free fall are generally safe anyways or not used.

Coney

Smash Master
Not voting, but I just came to say I lol'd at the dude that quoted SmashWiki's Metaknight weaknesses without removing the Metal Box bit, and the fact that now both sides are excluding him.

Back to the discussion at hand, anyway.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
False. If you are playing to win, there is no reason to choose MK versus Diddy/Snake/Olimar/others because you have BETTER choices.
Likewise, Diddy/Snake/Olimar/others have these supposed counters. If you're playing to win, why not just choose MK in the first place, and theoretically never have to deal with a matchup worse than 50/50?

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Listen to Bob, He mains Metaknight. He should OBVIOUSLY know what he is talking about.

I'll just wait till Genesis, cause "not sure" will not help.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Not voting, but I just came to say I lol'd at the dude that quoted SmashWiki's Metaknight weaknesses without removing the Metal Box bit, and the fact that now both sides are excluding him.

Back to the discussion at hand, anyway.
i know it wont count in tournament play but it shows how being light weight can sometimes mess u up.

Synth

Smash Cadet
another example on how people cant accept being proven wrong and have to start spamming to win an arguement.
THISISSPAMTHISISSPAMTHISISSPAM

Do I win, yet?

XienZo

Smash Lord
So the majority atm is voting him down? :laugh: This topic shouldn't even be debated, MK is not THAT unfair.
Its been like that the last two polls; ban gets 100 to 200 vote advantage, and then the vote slows down while the 100 to 200 vote advantage stays constant, but in the end, its still 55%-45%

i know it wont count in tournament play but it shows how being light weight can sometimes mess u up.
Metal box is related to fall speed vs initial speed of jumps, not weight. Charizard and Pit also get screwed over by metal boxes, but are heavy-weight and middle-weight respectively.

So, outside of metal boxes, how's the general arguments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom