• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashtality III 1v1 Finals Videos; 6/8 update

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Man what a depressing finals 1st set! Mew2king looked helpless. The edgehog at 1:58 in game 2 of the first Grand Finals set was downright scary... set 2 was showing some promise, though. Figures everything gets called off right when it gets good. I hate splitsies :(

Rikana

Smash Champion
Lmfao. Shine combos by Forward vs. ChuDat on Yoshi's Story (Battle 1) were hilarious.

WOPPLE

Smash Rookie
You could feel the anxiety emanating from M2K in his final match with Forward, but apparently only doyoung has vids of those matches.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Forward was probably screwing around (taunting in the middle of the Ice Climbers, etc), but Mew2king probably wasn't and Chu definitely wasn't. In fact, the whole reason that the second set was never finished is because he started complaining that Cactaur was coaching Mew2king, and he wanted to replay the entire second set.

I want to see the winners finals again, M2K's comeback was pretty awesome.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Umm...even if some of those matches weren't entirely serious, they were still really really freaking awesome.

Chu is amazing. T__T @ Forward.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
The only match that doesn't look serious is forward vs. chu 4, but whatever, it's Chu's ICs on FD, if Forward chooses to d!ck around and have fun with the match, then more power to him. If you really honestly don't think you have a snowball's chance in hell and you don't want to give it that chance, then you might as well have fun with it. I still think Forward should have gone shiek again just for ****s and giggles, but that's just me wanting to see his totally hot and amazing shiek more ^_^.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
dude, chu wasn't cut throat when he fought forwards sheik. it was quite obvious. I think chu didn't wobble because he's getting ready for Pound 2. Good luck with that Chu, I expect to see some great IC vids following that tourney

kiwiii

Smash Lord
yeaaa umm wobbles was banned
forward threw out the set, if it wasn't obvious already
only match he really tried w/ was sheik v ICs
unless he was lying and his sheik is loads better than his falco? :p doubtful, although his sheik is nothing but ****

the m2k v chu sets were quite serious
anyone who was there to watch the finals will say the same
lawl >_>;

thanks for recording the matches, pocky!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lets see forward vs m2k!
Yea, that was basically the best match I've ever seen. It would have been a perfect match except that Forward lost :(. No hate toward M2K, I just gotta back the Falco player over the Marth player since lasers are cooler than swords. <3 M2K + Forward. Also, did you guys MM right after that set? I saw yall kick some guys off a TV for something, but I didn't get to see what was going on...

pockyD

Smash Legend
i would've recorded it if i had gotten any advance notice =\... that set was crazy close and had a fantastic ending

i think the original plan was to just record the grand finals -_-

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The black and white vids were given to tipo master, he's going to put them online some time.
I know I was playing on the black and white tv while it was recording. Gotta look out for that.

@Do: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! vids dude!!!!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Haha, yeah that's our sexy black and white recorder. Boomerangs are tough to see, but other than that, I like it better than color. While I havn't gotten into contact with Tipo since then, I deffinately handed him three DVDs with about six hours of footage, and he said he'd use his capture card to pull some good matches. On the Smashtality III forum, someone said that the matches were up already, but I couldn't find them. Anyway, I'd assume that the first of the matches should be up soon.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
Ya, Falco vs Sheik, I took his 5$, M2K is **** garbage :)

somebody said they recorded our last three matches tho

my bad forward, youtube upload rate = low tier.

Forward vs Mew2King

sheik marth R3?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5SaxyMsmq8

falco sheik R4?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oagLNI7X0xY

sheik marth R5?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCFrcC6ieHg

vid quality is because its hard to compress using ulead and i used the terrible wmm. also youtube makes it even worse after that...

Top Bottom