• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

She's Got A Bomb 1 - Midwest Circuit Tourny Event - St.Louis, MO AUG. 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
August 11th

Sector 19
137 Lemay Ferry Road
Saint Louis, Missouri, 63125
Phone: 314-769-9650
Store Owner: Leland Beasley

www.myspace.com/Sector19
http://www.igames.org/CenterMinisite...ocationID=6870

Entry Fee: The Entry fee will be:

Singles - $15
Doubles - $30 ($15 a person)

$5 venue fee at the door (For our gracious hosts!)

Circuit Points: The stuff that Darkrain combos are made of! As usual, you will be playing for circuit points that will be used throughout the entire midwest circuit. Points count toward seeding at all Midwest Circuit events, including the Circuit Championship.

Pot Split: The pot will be split 60/30/10 for both teams and singles. The venue will NOT be taking anything from the pot, but rather just the door fee.

FIRST PLACE ALSO WINS A RESERVED COPY OF SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL

Housing: The venue will be providing a special deal for anyone who wishes to arrive the night before the tourny. For $10, you can stay the night at the venue, with the back room providing smash playing for those of you who like to be dead tired for tournies the next day.

It's a great alternative to getting a hotel, but make sure to bring your sleeping bag and a pillow!

For any of you who might need an alternative method of housing for whatever reason, I suggest posting in the St.Louis Discussion Thread and talking with the locals for possible alternative methods.

Tourny Rules:

•RR into double elimination bracket
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages/Characters:
•Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
•Neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise for doubles
•Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, MKII, Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64
•Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking
•Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned

Other Rules & Special Issues

---Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), including cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are allowed.
-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned.
--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

Welcome to St.Louis! Don't forget to bring your best low tier ;)

-Zig

Echo

Smash Champion
Smeesh and I will be there for sure. pretty sure we'd be able to get a full car there, though.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'll team with you Zig!! Is random coming to this?

Why is the mewtwo soul stunner glitch banned?? If you someone land that one someone, I think you should automatically win the whole tournament.

And Midwest doesn't ban wobbling, come on now... Bowser should be banned though.

Jesi

Smash Ace
lols i think i can make both and david always has saturday's off at his job... so more likely Darkrain and crew will be there :p

Banned via Administration
i don't have a problem with the length of the drive, but i have a problem with the drive. it's a perfect line. if you don't fall asleep on the road when driving to st. louis you are a hero.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
lol nite, st louis is south west of me, my place is outta the for the south :p

yeah, i'm moving into a new apartment, which we don't move in till the 18th, and i have to be outta my old apartment by this weekend, so sorry :(

if i go, any teams takers/

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I might need a teamate aswell.
but as for houseing, if you dont mind sleeping on the floor, the venue is providing it arnt they?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah we'll see about who is teaming with who closer to the tourney cause a lot of ppl i want ot team with need partners!

who will team with me?

Nite

Smash Champion
lol nite, st louis is south west of me, my place is outta the for the south :p

yeah, i'm moving into a new apartment, which we don't move in till the 18th, and i have to be outta my old apartment by this weekend, so sorry :(

if i go, any teams takers/
So is that a no? Lol. Sorry, I got lost halfway into what you were trying to say.

If I go, I need a teammate too. I've always wanted to try double falco. *wink wink*

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
I may be coming to this with Mr. Gralewski. Also, I believe that I will be needing a teams partner if Eddie decides not to come to this. Once again, that's only if Eddie decides not to come to this.

<3 Eddie.

Echo

Smash Champion
this would be the 2nd event of the circuit then, correct? All I remember missing is CoKIII...

Smash Ace
cunning! i dont have a partner lolz and jiano convincted me to go lol. Wanna team?

also anyone wanna do a MM? Marth ditto? 5-10$?

viperboy_74

Smash Master
ok, idea for housing.

those that wanna come through my area on friday afternoon (or earlier, i don't work fridays) are welcome to, if worst comes to worst, we can get a cheap *** hotel in my town...

warning: this will probly be a rather unsober evening for those thinking about attending

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I will be moving into an apartment 8 miles from the venue at the end of July. If I get everything unpacked by August 11, I may be able to house a few people. I will post that here.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
what time does it start?

and nite, i have a few other offers for teams already, but i'll definately keep you in mind when i'm making my decision
registration @ 10 tourney starts @ 11. the venue is also doing housing the night before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom