• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q/A -The -How to wreck *****es with Ganon - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linguini

Smash Master
Watsup guys my names Linguini and Ive been playing this game for about 10 months. Since I recently started going OOS my skill level has improved rapidly after Pound and FC. At FC I got past 1st and second pool into the third pool. Unfortunatley I got 5th seed and got 33rd overall. In crews I took out m2k and dope.
Im just stating some of my accomplishments so you know im not a noob and that I am capable of helping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukYoHSGlJs
This is just a vid of me vs. Dope's falco(im at the end)

So basically this thread is to help my fellow ganons overcome matchups and any problems/questions in general with ganon they have.
So go for it! Shoot!:chuckle:
If you want to hit me up on AIM my sn is: ostrichfreak102

Update-8/14/07- All my character guides have been posted so check em out.

Higher Tiers

Fox-Basically we know this guy is fast, he has more options than ganon does in the matchup and can easily make your life hell if you dont know how to get around his camping.
Dont let this intimidate you, you can still kill him in 3 hits and remember. FOX HAS TO COME TO YOU. I took these words straight from Tipmans mouth, sure he can try to camp all day but as I said he is forced to approach like the little ***** he is. I know the difference between a good, and a high level fox such as pc, chillin, m2k, and speedn who I have all played and learned much about the matchup from, so this apply's to all fox's.

When the fox is laser camping and just waiting for you to make a move dont get frustrated,have patience, attempt to lure him in with a false notion that he is going to hit you for example f-tilt followed by aerials or jabs, double aerials(bair to bair, dair to fair, etc.). Also a trick that most fox's fall for is, do an aerial as they are camping ,and from the aerial, jump, fastfall and a waveland into an f-tilt or another aerial. This approach works really well and expands your options immensley since you can do anything from the waveland. The fox will prob. get confused why you got there so fast(since ganon is sooo slow) and will panic.

Dashdance and wavedash around in this matchup to increase pressure on the fox and to not make yourslef a sitting target.Try to make the fox think he's going to grab you and trick him into approaching. When you get grabbed the uairs can own you if your not prepared to DI, smash di that **** right away and get into the habit, because the second uair is usually much easier to get so you dont want to risk the first one. Other than that, when I get uthrowed I mash the c-stick up as fast as I can and you usually hit fox with the front or back of the uair. If fox uairs you once and your in the sky and falling down it can be a pain to get back to the safe ground, get there as quick as you can and save your jump for when the fox jumps up and uairs so you can jump fast and stomp him back down. This is pretty satisfying.

Fox's shine can be grabbed just like falco's but is a bit harder, if you think you know the timing for it, grab when hes pressuring your sheied. If you dont I suggest to either shffl a spaced stomp out of your shield or roll away(just dont be too predictable with your rolling).
As you kow never waste your grabs a techase either by shffling or full jump over them as they tech and choose your aerial. At high percents I prefer to up throw to wizards foot or bair/fair. I used to f- tilt but its not very reliable unless the fox is above 120%.

As for recovering dont let youself get newb spiked by up-bing immediatley if shined off the stage. Don’t sweet spot the ledge too much because it makes the shine way too easy.The bair.....PC Chris spammed this incredibly well and its one of the best edgeguards against ganon so I recommend,as escaping the shine too, to di in awkward ways as your are recovering in your up-b. When it’s looking tough to get back and your coming from under it's good to reverse up-b to grab the ledge so the bair won’t hit you. This is unexpected if not spammed. Most important of all, don’t get close to the stage or get predictable with your down-b's, because this is a free shine/ edgeguard.
Ill be adding more and more to this everyday since the matchup is maddd deep.

Falco-Basically half of this matchup is based on grabs on ganons part. Grabs are the ONLY way you can stand a chance. Out of grabs techase with dairs, fairs and your dsmash.Techasing is fundamental. Most people don’t know this, but you can chaingrab falco. Usually what I do is double grab falco and most of the time this confuses their teching and they tech in place, punish this with a dair and continue. Also, you should learn how to powersheild. I can powersheild about 25% of lasers which REALLY annoys and throws of falco's game when I do it.Another tricky tech follow maneuver that works really well is stomp the tech and grab again from the stomp to another tech follow, you should be able to read them easily since they get pressured and confused as I said. The other half..........
getting through the lasers, this is really important.

Sure ganon is huge when he's standing and seems vulnerable but when ganon does his aerials(especially dair/fair) his body gets much smaller and doing these moves actually help you dodge the lasers. This might be a little hard to understand at first but once you get the hang of it you will get what I mean. Fair over the lasers with a double jump or a simple full jump. You can choose to uair instead at times. A dair is really good when a falco is camping and he try's to escape under you, do a simple stomp or full jump stop and jump again for a second stomp to fake them out.

The wall-the f-tilts and jabs are essential .ABUSE the jab, spam it, remember most falco's will run straight into the jab. angled down f-tilts are great when they come from the ledge with a double laser or simply stand there and jab.
Edgeguarding- This is prob. the easiest job in this match. When falco's come from under you can choose to tippy spike with the uair or stomp. I would suggest first stomping and then using the uair, which will surprise them because they’ll expect another stomp. When they attempt to come onto the stage you can face the ledge and jab, which stops them easily, or you can simply time an uair well because it covers a huge distance from the back.
Hope this helps guys, don’t give up, watch me vs. dope, that’s a pretty good example of what you should be doing for falco.

Sheik-When your fighting sheik it's a grab game. Whoever gets the first grab should be walking away with the opponents stock. Getting a grab can be difficult because of sheiks advantage in speed and manueverability compared to yours. But nonetheless that just means your going to have to put that much more faking out and spacing than the sheiks part.

It's important to always keep yourself moving against her. Dashdance and keep her at bay with aerials, when your fair her shield remember to jab which prevents her getting that nasty grab. Sometimes sheiks get frustrated and attempt to rush in for the grab. Simply jab them as they try to grab and grab them after the jab. A trick I use is do a full jump stop then jump and stomp again. Most sheiks will run in to grab since they think that your going to the ground after the first stomp, but BAM! the ***** gets stomped. Don't waste your stomps at low percents, you can choose to either combo her or grab her out of the knockback(I prefer this).

Out of your grab you can CG sheik to around 85% then which it is best to finish off with a f-smash if they DI forwards, u-smash if up, and f-smash if they di back. ALWAYS finish sheik, you want to dispose of the ***** as quickly as possible because if she gets back to the stage and gets that grab on you thats a stock. On platform levels you can do as you choose before sheik techs on the platform, some options are waveland(what I do) and grab sheik as the techs, or fair/uair techase her from below. Slow full jump and double jumps are great for making sheik approach. To do this full jump or double jump and DO NOT fast fall, this makes the opponent nervous when your above them for such a long time, instead of fairing as they shield just run up and grab! Trust me it works somehow!

Edgeguarding sheik can be a pain, if she gets close enough and she hasnt up-b'd jump out there and bair/uair her. Otherwise grab the ledge and let her get on the stage , waveland off the edge and do as you please because of her lag time.
Phew

Peach- Alright so we all know that if a ganon player lets peach inside of his area she can wreak havok with her d-smash/grabs. What your going to want to do is space peach out SO well, that she wont even be able to get into that area. Sure this sounds simple, and it really is. Space with retreating fairs, bairs ,and stomp when peach decides to d-smash at any time.
Turnips shouldn’t be too much of a problem. bair turnips or simply spam nairs to catch them and do as you wish. Never let a grab go to waste against her, if a peach decides to slap to d-smash just stomp. But if she does the nair slap technique make sure you grab after the second slap. Out of your grab at low percents you can uair two or three times even if she DI's correctly(just try it). At high/mid percents bair if they di back and fair if they di forwards. Even if they don’t DI a fair should still hit them if you jump back first. To edgeguard her when she’s using the umbrella you can play it safe and uair spike her on the stage or jump out and risk it. If by chance you jump out do it with a fair, if the fair misses use your 2nd jump to uair following. This technique is nearly foolproof and just up-b after back to the ledge.
This is just a small sum of advice, remember space the hell out of the *****.

Falcon-You have to be alot more careful in this matchup than any other except fox. Falcons mad fast and it's most likely that he’s going to dashdance around and then aerial you which is what you want to watch out for. Your main tools in this matchup are your tilts, jab, fairs, and bairs. When the c.fal is dashdancing you can a. stand there and jab him when he approaches with a neutral air. b. angled up f-tilt if he knees. c. Do a retreating fair regardless of his move choice.d. Bair him. When playing against falcon you have to know that ganon can stop anything falcon throws at his due to his obscene priority.
Try to mindgame falcon into approaching so you know when he's going to come at you, at that time you have the choice of any of the options I listed and many more. It's pretty much a prediction game. Falcon shouldnt be able to CG you with his down throw. DI diagonally down to get out of his grabs. Gimping Captain is a MUST for a ganon player. You can do alot of nasty edgeguards when playing a c.fal. uair edgeguarding prevails in this matchup so don't be silly and waste the edgeguard with a bair. Simply stay on the stage and uair spike him, this should be fairly easy.

Mid Tiers

Samus-If your going against a spammer, DO NOT rush her without thinking, if you do you will lose. What your going to want to do is camp samus right back and whenever an opening appears,take advantage. Any of ganon's attacks cancel out her missiles so stand there, jab, tilt, fair, or bair the missiles. Ganon has way too much priority for these missiles to get inside him. If she's taking her sweet time firing those missiles run straight up to the ***** and fair her, ganons fair should not be close enough for the samus to be able to nair or d-smash. Make sure to always space her out because when samus is inside you im sure you know some pretty nasty combos against ganon can take place, just like against peach.

Out of grabs make sure you either fair or bair at low percents and u-air from mid-high %'s because the samus will up b(very annoying) or just simply jump out at higher percents and the uair is the fastest move to prevent this.Edgeguarding samus is pretty straight forward. Samus is extremely vulnerable when recovering so you can basically jump out and fair primeval style(sounds funny but it actually works due to samus not being able to maneuver much when recovering) or bair/uair off the stage. You can also play it safe and tippy spike on the stage, once she loses the grapple she should never make it back, uair works wonders against the up-b recovery.

Doc.Mario/Luigi-About the doc, Mario and Luigi question, you’re going to mostly want to use the same strategy to fight them. Space your self; they have too little range to get inside you easily. Retreating fairs to an angled down f-tilt work wonders against luigi. With doc and Mario if they projectile camp just bair everything that they send at you. Spam bair profusely in these matchups. IMO it’s your best option for almost any situation because of its priority and agility. Edgeguard luigi with a simple uair spike or a bair. same with edgeguarding doc/mario. If they send pills or fireballs at you when their recovering just stay on the ledge and infinite that way they wont hit you. Mario does have some nasty combos against ganon so it's important that you keep him away and at bay(trust me, I play green mario too much).

*Counterpick Stages to be added soon*

I don't have any questions at this moment, but if any do arise, I will certainly not hesitate to ask.

Good job on your accomplishments. I'm sure that any advice you offer will help a great deal.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Ganondorf vs. Falco. -_- Quite possibly my worst match up to date. Oh, and Peaches.

My only other problem (we discussed this a little at FC) was ledgehopping. Having trouble doing it correctly.

That about sums it up for now.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I watched those vids - gratz.

The Falco match-up has remained a perennial worst for me, I'd appreciate some insights as well.

Particularly how to DI the shine-combo's mid-air and get past laser spammage.

Another question I have is on tech-chasing. Who do I use it against and what are my best options? So far d-throw on Fox ->tech chase f-air seems feasible, as that all I can do without massive prediction skills?

Linguini

Smash Master
Alright, regarding the falco matchup. This matchup is reaaaaaally deep for a ganon but it's relatively even and is def. winnable.

Falco-Basically half of this matchup is based on grabs on ganons part. Grabs are the ONLY way you can stand a chance. Out of grabs techase with dairs, fairs and your dsmash.Techasing is fundamental. Most people dont know this, but you can chaingrab falco. Usually what I do is double grab falco and most of the time this confuses their teching and they tech in place, punish this with a dair and continue.Also, you should learn how to powersheild. I can powersheild about 25% of lasers which REALLY annoys and throws of falco's game when I do it.Another tricky tech follow manuever that works really well is stomp the tech and grab again from the stomp to another tech follow, you should be able to read them easily since they get pressured and confused as I said.The other half..........
getting through the lasers, this is really important.
Sure ganon is huge when he's standing and seems vunerable but when ganon does his aerials(especially dair/fair) his body gets much smaller and doing these move actually help you dodge the lasers. This might be a little hard to understand at first but once you get the hang of it youle get what I mean. Fair over the lasers with a double jump or a simple full jump. You can choose to uair instead at times. A dair is really good when a falco is camping and he try's to escape under you, do a simple stomp or full jump stop and jump again for a second stomp to fake them out.
The wall-the f-tilts and jabs are essential .ABUSE the jab, spam it, remember most falco's will run straight into the jab. angled down f-tilts are great when they come from the ledge with a double laser or simply stand there and jab.
Edgeguarding- This is prob. the easiest job in this match. when falco's come from under you can choose to tippy spike with the uair or stomp. I would suggest first stomping and then using the uair which will surprise them because theyl expect another stomp. when they attempt to come onto the stage you can face the ledge and jab which stops them easily or you can simply time an uair well bacause it covers a huge distance from the back.
Hope this helps guys, dont give up, watch me vs. dope, thats a pretty good example of what you should be doing for falco.
@ Ulti- when you get shined combo'd your going to want to DI behind them. This makes it more difficult for the falco to lead out or continue the combo.
Your going to want to techase in every matchup of the game. Ganon depends heavily on techasing so it's veryy necessary. Options for techasing near the ledge ,I usually fair when im facing torward the ledge and techase them, this is to get the opponent off the stage as quickly as possible to set up for an edgeguard. You can d-smash if they tech near(very useful) or stomp if they tech in place to lead into a combo.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Also try using the back air to edge guard space animals. Effortless.

Linguini

Smash Master
Hmm Linguini... what is the secret to making the best pasta?

Do you jump and punch it, or do you simply stomp it?
I find that jumping and punching it works pretty well but if your feeling spicy I woukld suggest stomping it.
Anyways,ODIN peach can be a pain to ganon but dont let it get to you.

Peach- Alright so we all know that if a ganon player lets peach inside of his area she can wreak havok with her d-smash/grabs. What your going to want to do is space peach out SO well, that she wont even be able to get into that area. Sure this sounds simple, and it really is. Space with retreating fairs, bairs and stomp when peach decides to d-smash at any time.
Turnips shouldnt be too much of a problem. bair turnips or simply spam nairs to catch them and do as you wish. never let a grab go to waste against her, if a peach decides to slap to d-smash just stomp. But if she does the nair slap technique make sure you grab after the second slap. Out of your grab at low percents you can uair two or three times even if she DI's correctly(just try it). At high/mid percents bair if they di back and fair if they di forwards. Even if they dont DI a fair should still hit them if you jump back first.
This is just a small sum of advice, remember space the hell out of the *****.:grin:

@bomb- meh, you can use the wizards foot sometimes if your feeling flashy but I wouldnt recommend it. If you do do it so the foot hits the stage's edge instead of jumping off which is alot riskier.I usually do it to c.fal's, ganon's, or peaches

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Hey Ling, would a Wizard be a good edgeguard spike because it seems to work really well if it's 1v1.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
dashizwiz in the form of ganondorf?! well anyway a thread like this can get kinda hectic good luck with it ^^. ill probably stop by from time to time especially after i play against a jigglypuff and i need to cry on the shoulder of advice.

Magus420

Smash Master
Out of your grab at low percents you can uair two or three times even if she DI's correctly(just try it). At high/mid percents bair if they di back and fair if they di forwards. Even if they dont DI a fair should still hit them if you jump back first.
To add to this:

If they DI behind from around 60%+ you can dash shorthop f-air them instead of b-airing (only dash just enough to turn you around or they can sometimes n-air in time). This also works on other characters that don't fall too fast when they DI behind. It's also really good for Marth, especially if they get up around 130 or so when the b-air can start to sometimes miss with the way he spins from the throw.

Also against Peach you can KO with u-smash if they DI away or don't DI from about 60-80. You can do it in place from 60-65 (has more horizontal range than you'd think), but after that you have to do a really short dash and immediately jumpcancel into the u-smash or it can miss if they DJ away. The JC one doesn't perfectly combo, but if you do it right they don't have enough time to do anything about it either. It might not kill on the really high ceiling stages, but it will at least do like 22 damage or whatever it is. Past 80 they go too high so just start f-airing instead.

With the guaranteed f-air/u-smash 60-80 and f-air past 80 they get ***** no matter how they DI, especially if you get a grab near the edge facing the middle of the stage =D

Another thing is if they DI behind you below like 10 damage they can n-air before you can b-air, but you can do a quick dash behind and immediately SH into an u-air, and if they tried to n-air you'll easily be able to reach them with a 2nd after DJing and maybe something else afterwards.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
My Question to you linguini: How the hell do you fight fox effectively?!?

At RoS4, my first big tournament, almost everyone played fox, falco and sheik.

I did okay against sheiks and falcos, won some and barely lost to some but i dont think i won a single fox. His speed is just too much for ganon. What are you gonna do if he lazer camps and waits for you to make a move and then he grabs you and uairs the **** out of you?

Or pressures your shield with nair to shine..ect

Also, when you are off the stage facing fox, you aint coming back. If you go low-shine. if you go high-Bair.

Im really screwed against fox :(

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
Hey, quick questions:
How would you go around fighting Mario, Doc, and Luigi? Is it basically the same strategy for all three?

Is it better to (try to) catch Peach's turnips or shield them/cancel them out with attacks?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hey, quick questions:
How would you go around fighting Mario, Doc, and Luigi? Is it basically the same strategy for all three?

Is it better to (try to) catch Peach's turnips or shield them/cancel them out with attacks?
Granted, I'm no Ganondorf expert, but I'd assume it depends on the turnip. And what kind of risk you're up against. :-? Just adding my 2 cents. Feel free to tell me "STFU ODIN!"

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
2 things that may come in handy against peach

if you crouch as they are floating toward you, they may think you will try to down b them as they descend. this will usually entice them to straight up fair you to dsmash. if this happens, press up on the cstick while you are crouching and the usmash should obliterate them.

if the peach is recovering from the level and she is floating too high and there aren't platforms, try doing a ledge hang jump, that's right hang on the ledge then jump
it gets you super high, then do the double jump to uair.

My question would be to linguini, after watching the vids

YOUR MOVEMENT! the way your ganon moves is just too **** smart, it almost seems like you don't even know where you are gonna be half the time. this is especially noticeable against m2k

little dashdances and short wavedashes, non stop.

too good. against falcos you can't do this though because of lasers, I want to know how you still manage to keep control of the fight and have momentum on your side. I find that having momentum in a duel is very needed advantage to winning.

also, is there anything gay that ganon can do to falco, I noticed you would jump over a laser and just run and grab him with out throwing an aerial at him. does that work? I want to be able to frustrate falcos more. please elaborate

edit - Maybe some more singles vids of your ganon, against shiz perhaps?

Hoefler

BRoomer
Watsup guys my names Linguini and Ive been playing this game for about 10 months. Since I recently started going OOS my skill level has improved rapidly after Pound and FC. At FC I got past 1st and second pool into the third pool. Unfortunatley I got 5th seed and got 33rd overall. In crews I took out m2k and dope.
Im just stating some of my accomplishments so you know im not a noob and that I am capable of helping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukYo...e=user&search=
This is just a vid of me vs. Dope's falco(im at the end)

So basically this thread is to help my fellow ganons overcome matchups and any problems/questions they have.
So go for it! Shoot!:chuckle:

I'm not gonna lie linguini... you're not that hot son.

Linguini

Smash Master
I'm not gonna lie linguini... you're not that hot son.
haha truu.

About the doc, mario and Luigi question, your going to mostly want to use the same strategy to fight them. Space your self, they have too little range to get inside you easily.Retreating fairs to an angled down f-tilt work wonders against luigi. With doc and mario if they projectile camp just bair eveything that they send at you. Spam bair profusley in these matchups. IMO its your best option for almost any situation because of its priority and agility. Edgeguard luigi with a simple uair spike or a bair. same with edgeguarding doc/mario. If they send pills or fireballs at you when their recovering just stay on the ledge and infinite that way they wont hit you. Mario does have some nasty combos against ganon so it's important that you keep him away and at bay(trust me, I play green mario too much).

linkmastersword- I usually do this against slower chars. like marth, peach, jiggly for reasons as you said, to keep them guessing. I wouldnt recommend it when fighting speedy characters because they can take advantage.I know I was using it alot against m2k but thats just because I didnt want him getting near me, getting grabbed at the time=death.Whats important with ganon is to always keep yourself moving against the higher tiers, they will probably overwhelm you if you dont dashdance at a constant rate.
Against falco to frustrate them make sure you jab alot, let them laser you and when they come near to approach get the timing down and jab them. Dont heed the lasers, after the jab they will get pressured to either roll or tech in place. Punish them, this seems to get alot of falco's confused.
Nah, I dont have any vids vs. shizwiz but hopefully I can get some up of me vs. lambchops.
Stormblast, ill get to fox later, that matchup requires me to write alot lol.

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
yo linguini will **** all of yous that doubt his skill. my crew members Tec0 and Grill played him at pound 2. hes good. yo hoe or w.e. your name is my ganons better then yours and i dont even play ganon, and i dont even know who you are or ever seen you play. so mm linguini then big shot :chuckle:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
yo linguini will **** all of yous that doubt his skill. my crew members Tec0 and Grill played him at pound 2. hes good. yo hoe or w.e. your name is my ganons better then yours and i dont even play ganon, and i dont even know who you are or ever seen you play. so mm linguini then big shot :chuckle:
>_>

Don't worry Hoefler, I got your back.

Hoefler has a pretty decent Ganondorf. I can't say how he compares to Linguini (both are better than my Ganondorf, so that should sum it up for ya. ;) ) but Hoefler is a smart player. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to how characters work.

I'll agree that Linguini is really good, but he's no Eddie. Savvy? :confused:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Linguini, lets get some dittos in at Smashaid. That would really help me a lot.

you too chaddd.

Linguini

Smash Master
Sorry yang, im not going to smash aid, I have no ride :(
Fosho, im going up to NJ and im hitting up smashacare and teamin with BUM, you grilla and tech0 should go it's going to be raw.

Linguini

Smash Master
holy crap. PLEASE get videos of that.
lol ima try to get some vids, hopefully someone is recording
Magus, haha that used to be my worst matchup until I went to Tommys house and got my *** wrecked for hours.But their still fun...and a house of lies :chuckle:

samdaballer

Smash Ace
hey linguini, i love your ganon, anyways im having trouble with a falcon he chaingrabs me realtively easy till about 20%, so any tips for that and just other stuff against falcon, thanks

nuc

Smash Cadet
hey linguini, im having huge trouble with my friends samus, he spams missles and when i get remotely close 2 him dsmashes or nairs. i find the only way i can get 2 him is if i get him in the air, then i can do consecutives fairs bairs dairs ect, so what i'd like to know from you is, how do u handle a missle happy samus?

thanks alot =)

Linguini

Smash Master
hey linguini, im having huge trouble with my friends samus, he spams missles and when i get remotely close 2 him dsmashes or nairs. i find the only way i can get 2 him is if i get him in the air, then i can do consecutives fairs bairs dairs ect, so what i'd like to know from you is, how do u handle a missle happy samus?

thanks alot =)
Ive played alot of samuses(including phanna) and I know that this matchup can get pretty annoying for ganon but if you play your cards right the samus can get easily overwhelmed which gives you the advantage.

If your going against a spammer, DO NOT rush her without thinking, if you do you will lose. What your going to want to do is camp samus right back and whenever an opening appears,take advantage. Any of ganon's attacks cancel out her missles so stand there, jab,tilt, fair, or bair the missles. Ganon has way to much priority for these missles to get inside him. If she's taking her sweet time firing those missles run straight up to the ***** and fair her, ganons fair should not be close enough for the samus to be able to nair or d-smash. make sure to always space her out because when samus is inside you im sure you know some pretty nasty combos against ganon can take place, just like against peach.

Out of grabs make sure you either fair or bair at low percents and u-air from mid-high %'s because the samus will up b(very annoying) or just simply jump out at higher percents and the uair is the fastest move to prevent this.Edgeguarding samus is pretty straight forward. Samus is extremely vulnerable when recovering so you can basically jump out and fair primeval style(sounds funny but it actually works due to samus not bieng able to manuever much when recovering) or bair/uair off the stage. You can also play it safe and tippy spike on the stage , once she loses the grapple she should never make it back, uair works wonders against the up-b recovery.
good luck dude.

ganon543

Smash Cadet
Thanks alot for all the info, all this advice had helped me to get my ganon so much better! Ive played linguini and all I can say is that hes really fast/smart as hell. Beast.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
hey linguini, i love your ganon, anyways im having trouble with a falcon he chaingrabs me realtively easy till about 20%, so any tips for that and just other stuff against falcon, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom