• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q/A -The -How to wreck *****es with Ganon - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuc

Smash Cadet
thanks doode, and samdaballer, check first page man.

thx again lin

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
Sorry yang, im not going to smash aid, I have no ride :(
Fosho, im going up to NJ and im hitting up smashacare and teamin with BUM, you grilla and tech0 should go it's going to be raw.
yea of course they're going. you can meet the whole ihnc now. and tec0 got better you seen the crew battle with him ******?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5_b9CRtvW8

Linguini

Smash Master
Alright ima try to shorten this one a but give you some tips.
Falcon-You have to be alot more careful in this matchup than any other except fox. Falcons mad fast and it's most likely that hes going to dashdance around and then aerial you which is what you want to watch out for. Your main tools in this matchup are your tilts, jab, fairs, and bairs. When the c.fal is dashdancing you can a. stand there and jab him when he approaches with a neutral air. b. angled up f-tilt if he knees. c. Do a retreating fair regardless of his move choice.d. Bair him. When playing against falcon you have to know that ganon can stop anything falcon throws at his due to his obscene priority.
Try to mindgame falcon into approaching so you know when he's going to come at you, at that time you have the choice of any of the options I listed and many more. It's pretty much a prediction game. Falcon shouldnt be able to CG you with his down throw. DI diagonally down to get out of his grabs. Gimping Captain is a MUST for a ganon player. You can do alot of nasty edgeguards when playing a c.fal. uair edgeguarding prevails in this matchup so don't be silly and waste the edgeguard with a bair. Simply stay on the stage and uair spike him, this should be fairly easy.

Linguini

Smash Master
Im leaving to Jersey tommorow so I probably wont have too much time on my hands, but ill try to find some to answer the questions(including stormblast!).
Look for me owning in teams with BUM. im out. peacez

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
He's scared to answer because he doesn't know what he'd do...

By the way, what'd you do vs. Zelda?

BFG9

Smash Apprentice
congrats on improving! although the link is not working but er yup. The pasta is making me hungry though.

TheHiveMind

Smash Cadet
hey, I'm having trouble vs my buds shiek. He spams dash attack, needles, f-tilt and all the basic nooby tactics, but still beats me with his flippin broken speed. IM sick of being beaten by him because hes such a loud mouth. help me out.
Oh yeah, Gimpyfish, Bowser may be cool, but Ganon is better.

Linguini

Smash Master
He's scared to answer because he doesn't know what he'd do...

By the way, what'd you do vs. Zelda?
lol.....ok, Ive already played gimpy, so I know what to do.
Against Zelda usually just space fairs bairs if zelda is spamming with the fair. You will always win if you put your wall against hers, it just takes patience.
Blackcat, basic tactic's as in..........? I need some more detail on your question.

When I get back home ill answer the rest of the questions, sorry ive been really busy.

BFG9

Smash Apprentice
I am acualy looking forward for some one to use Bowser at it best...XP

[QUOTE
;2686987]of course ganon is better lol where on earth do people get this notion that i think bowser is good at all XD[/QUOTE]

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
Well I tried Ganon for fun, but I picked him up rather quickly and tried to take my skills a little farther. I can tech adequetly I guess. But with my lack of experince, I don't really know any good combo's/strategies. Just what move are and aren't good.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well I tried Ganon for fun, but I picked him up rather quickly and tried to take my skills a little farther. I can tech adequetly I guess. But with my lack of experince, I don't really know any good combo's/strategies. Just what move are and aren't good.
Thomas Tipman's Ganondorf Guide is probably where you should start.

Shin's Guide to Ganondorf is also just as helpful.

The other stickied threads, such as Magus' chaingrabbing guide and the character matchups guide, are also incredibly useful. Just be sure to start with the two guides linked above. :)

Linguini

Smash Master
hey, I'm having trouble vs my buds shiek. He spams dash attack, needles, f-tilt and all the basic nooby tactics, but still beats me with his flippin broken speed. IM sick of being beaten by him because hes such a loud mouth. help me out.
Oh yeah, Gimpyfish, Bowser may be cool, but Ganon is better.
Aightt ima answer all the questions now since I havnt had any time lately.
When your fighting sheik it's a grab game. Whoever get the first grab should be walking away with the opponents stock. Getting a grab can be difficult because of sheiks advantage in speed and manuverability compared to yours.But nonetheless that just means your going to have to put that much more faking out and spacing than the sheiks part.

It's important to always keep yourself moving against her. Dashdance and keep her at bay with aerials, when your fair her shield remember to jab which prevents her gatting that nasty grab. Sometimes sheiks get frustrated and attempt to rush in for the grab. Simply jab them as they try to grab and grab them after the jab.A trick I use is do a full jump stop then jump and stomp again. Most sheiks will run in to grab since they think that your going to the ground after the first stomp, but BAM! the ***** gets stomped. Don't waste your stomps at low percents, you can choose to either combo her or grab her out of the knockback(I prefer this).

Out of your grab you can CG sheik to around 85% then which it is best to finish off with a f-smash if they DI forwards, u-smash if up, and f-smash if they di back. ALWAYS finish sheik, you want to dispose of the ***** as quickly as possible because if she gets back to the stage and gets that grab on you thats a stock. On platform levels you can do as you choose before sheik techs on the platform, some options are waveland(what I do) and grab sheik as the techs, or fair/uair techase her from below. Slow full jump and double jumps are great for making sheik aprroach. To do this full jump or double jump and DO NOT fast fall, this makes the opponent nervous when your above them for such a long time, instead of fairing as they sheild just run up and grab! Trust me it works somehow!

Edgeguarding sheik can be a pain, if she gets close enough and she hasnt up-b'd jump out there and bair/uair her. Otherwise grab the ledge and let her get on the stage , waveland off the edge and do as you please because of her lag time.
Phew:dizzy: This should clear the matchup up alot, this is ganon's hardest matchup but you can win!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
whos the mewtwo thats creating a problem?

ganon does pretty well against mewtwo as far as i know, just dont get tricked into thinking he has lag when he doesn't and make sure you di his dtilts and grabs well enough

dont be to concerned with combos just space the crap out of mewtwo and theres not much he can do

but i'm not that ganon expert haha ;P

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
whos the mewtwo thats creating a problem?

ganon does pretty well against mewtwo as far as i know, just dont get tricked into thinking he has lag when he doesn't and make sure you di his dtilts and grabs well enough

dont be to concerned with combos just space the crap out of mewtwo and theres not much he can do

but i'm not that ganon expert haha ;P
My buddy Andy (in our group of smashers, he's the Other Andy; I'm also Andy ;) ). He just picked up Mewtwo this last week, and he's been giving me some problems. Could be that I'm not used to fighting Mewtwo's at all (the first Mewtwo I ever ran into was at FC, and got my *** handed to me). My doc does okay against him, but I can pill rush/advance with Doc, can't really do that with Ganondorf. :shrug: I've been working on spacing, and still trying to get ledgehops. I can do it with almost every character BUT Ganondorf. >_> Freakin weird.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I used Magus' advice on the ledge hop wavelands, and it's proven Highly successful and dependable.

I believe the way he worded it was "from a ledge hang, press SLIGHT down, (not all the way) as to not fast fall from the hang. then jump with X or Y immediately BUT you must move the control stick over toward the level as you press X or Y so the character does a jump ON TO THE LEVEL, as opposed to just ledge jumping in place. "

Its a weird concept, but if you jump ON TO the level and you try to do a waveland you won't risk the possible Air dodge to death that I'm sure we are all too familiar with.

Sorry to answer your question Linguini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom