• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-Mindgames Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
As we all know, Mindgames is a glitch that the developer never intended to be used while playing Smash Bros. It is an exploit that makes it unfair for those who don't use it and people who use mindgames almost always win. If mindgames were put in the instructions manual, I might be ok with it, but it goes against the "easy to learn" nature of the game so the developers will most likely remove it.

What do you all think? Do you think we should have mindgames in Brawl or not? Dicuss.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
LMFAO THIS THREAD IS FULL OF NOOB.

Mindgames is now officially the new word for wavedashing.
We're coining it now.

Except I'm pretty sure this is a joke thread because NesNoob isn't an idiot.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Ahaha... you so funny. I see what you did thar. Though calling mindgames a glitch kinda doesn't make sense.

mrbiz

Smash Rookie
Eh, they should definitely just make mindgames able to be done with a single button, they're too hard to pull off unless you spend ages on training mode against CPUs. What about people with slow hands!?
Honestly Sakurai isn't an idiot.

(BTW I am completely aware of the intelligent, allegorical thinking behind this thread and salute the topic creator for his satirical use of rhetoric.)

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Once I read the title to this thread my jaw literally dropped.
No offense but, REALLY learn your crap before you start preaching about it. SERIOUSLY NOW. SHUT UP AND LEARN BEFORE YOU SAY SOMETHING.

Mind games are used in every single multiplayer game. Mind games just mean tricking someone into doing something you want them to do. There's mindgames in games like StarFox and ConnectFour for ****'s sake.

And by the way. L-canceling was meant to be in the game(I know it's off topic) but don't say all advanced techs aren't suppose to be in the game. I would of actually prefered this be ANOTHER wavedashing topic because casual players actually have a stand in that manner to a certain extent because there is really no knowing if the developers intended it. But everything else? Shut the hell up. I can't even believe how arrogant some people are it's amazing.

Close this topic immidiately, and for the topic creater.... Go to the melee boards and read up about advanced techniques so that you don't look like a complete arrogant nimbwit next time.

Except I'm pretty sure this is a joke thread because NesNoob isn't an idiot.
If this was a joke I want to let you know that it's the cruelest thing done to the boards in a while. ><

EDIT: I just got mindgamed.

NES n00b

Smash Master
No offense but, REALLY learn your crap before you start preaching about it. SERIOUSLY NOW. SHUT UP AND LEARN BEFORE YOU SAY SOMETHING.

Mind games are used in every single multiplayer game. Mind games just mean tricking someone into doing something you want them to do. There's mindgames in games like StarFox and ConnectFour for ****'s sake.

And by the way. L-canceling was meant to be in the game(I know it's off topic) but don't say all advanced techs aren't suppose to be in the game. I would of actually prefered this be ANOTHER wavedashing topic because casual players actually have a stand in that manner to a certain extent because there is really no knowing if the developers intended it. But everything else? Shut the hell up. I can't even believe how arrogant some people are it's amazing.

Close this topic immidiately, and for the topic creater.... Go to the melee boards and read up about advanced techniques so that you don't look like a complete arrogant nimbwit next time.

If this was a joke I want to let you know that it's the cruelest thing done to the boards in a while. ><
Just like a tourney*** to say that.

I play the game the way it was meant to be played by rolling to foward smash with double jumps to down air and small bit of dash attack spam.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion

It's a joke thread.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This thread is win. I was expecting it to be made by a N00b, and we get NES! :laugh: Then he's sarcastic as f***, and he's being a retarted scroll. NES is dumb.

[mindgames, son....jk....we cool NES, as always]

HA! MORE MINDGAMES! :laugh:

God, this thread is win! :)

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice

Do you have ANY idea what a mindgame is? A mindgame is something you do to mess with someone's head. When I'm taunting someone, I'm playing mindgames with them. When I'm showing off my mad skills at the other side of the stage and the other person goes "oh crap, this guy's good!", that's a mindgame. When I drill massive damage on someone and send them to the moon, that'll work as a mindgame too. When I act like I don't know what I'm doing, then suddenly destroy someone, that's a mindgame too.

If you're talking about advanced techniques, I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken. Several of the things people call 'advanced techs' are actually in the manual. Some people just never bothered to read it. I LOL'd when I saw an "all-new advanced tech" people just figured out not halfway through the booklet.

As far as the "it's not in the rulebook so it shouldn't be in the game" argument goes, that's crap as well. OMG, the secret characters aren't in the rulebook! They have to be taken out of the game!! Oh no, the rulebook doesn't say anything about secret stages, they're cheap and need to go! The rulebook doesn't mention short-hopping, so it must not exist! Fast-falling needs to go, too! Oh wait, L-cancelling isn't mentioned in the rulebook, even though the script for it is clearly in the game! It must be removed too! Wait, it doesn't say Zelda's up-B does damage, so it's cheap and has to be taken out! The booklet doesn't mention DK being able to carry characters around, so that has to go too! Liek OMG, more than 20 items aren't in the rulebook, they must be ELIMINATED!!!

For your information, wavedashing is nowhere near overpowered. The only reason people lose when someone uses it is because they think it is and start overreacting. It's actually pretty simple to beat, and is completely outperformed by crouch-cancelling, L-cancelling, and dash-dancing, all of which are legitimate character techniques and are written into the very coding script of the game itself. On another note, WDing is also in the game's script. i.e., it's not a glitch and is actually supported by the people who created it (also known as the 'game designers').

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I told you this **** was broken. This is why it can't be in Brawl.
Mindgames is da cheapz. Itz horrbli brokun, itz sukczs, and 'itsz lamzoeoyo. Itzsa shouldaenta be in za brawlzas. Brokenzness willz nevera be ins derz Brawlzo.

:laugh:

Acting like a 4chan/scrub/n00b was never so fun!

:laugh:

Takeshi245

Smash Champion

Do you have ANY idea what a mindgame is? A mindgame is something you do to mess with someone's head. When I'm taunting someone, I'm playing mindgames with them. When I'm showing off my mad skills at the other side of the stage and the other person goes "oh crap, this guy's good!", that's a mindgame. When I drill massive damage on someone and send them to the moon, that'll work as a mindgame too. When I act like I don't know what I'm doing, then suddenly destroy someone, that's a mindgame too.

If you're talking about advanced techniques, I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken. Several of the things people call 'advanced techs' are actually in the manual. Some people just never bothered to read it. I LOL'd when I saw an "all-new advanced tech" people just figured out not halfway through the booklet.

As far as the "it's not in the rulebook so it shouldn't be in the game" argument goes, that's crap as well. OMG, the secret characters aren't in the rulebook! They have to be taken out of the game!! Oh no, the rulebook doesn't say anything about secret stages, they're cheap and need to go! The rulebook doesn't mention short-hopping, so it must not exist! Fast-falling needs to go, too! Oh wait, L-cancelling isn't mentioned in the rulebook, even though the script for it is clearly in the game! It must be removed too! Wait, it doesn't say Zelda's up-B does damage, so it's cheap and has to be taken out! The booklet doesn't mention DK being able to carry characters around, so that has to go too! Liek OMG, more than 20 items aren't in the rulebook, they must be ELIMINATED!!!

For your information, wavedashing is nowhere near overpowered. The only reason people lose when someone uses it is because they think it is and start overreacting. It's actually pretty simple to beat, and is completely outperformed by crouch-cancelling, L-cancelling, and dash-dancing, all of which are legitimate character techniques and are written into the very coding script of the game itself. On another note, WDing is also in the game's script. i.e., it's not a glitch and is actually supported by the people who created it (also known as the 'game designers').
Dude, it a JOKE THREAD. NES n00b uses mindgames. If you understand, you'd see the irony he's pointing out. Oh, and this thread will be closed, even if it's funny.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
Dude, it a JOKE THREAD. NES n00b uses mindgames. If you understand, you'd see the irony he's pointing out. Oh, and this thread will be closed, even if it's funny.
Uh... oh.

I see what happened. I don't know the OP, and I immediately assumed that this was just somebody who didn't know what they were talking about.

If I had taken the time to read the person's name (NES Noob. heh) I might have realized something was a little fishy here.

Curse my gullibility! *shoots self*

Sorry... =(

NES n00b

Smash Master
Uh... oh.

I see what happened. I don't know the OP, and I immediately assumed that this was just somebody who didn't know what they were talking about.

If I had taken the time to read the person's name (NES Noob. heh) I might have realized something was a little fishy here.

Curse my gullibility! *shoots self*

Sorry... =(
Pfft, I had that name for the longest time. . . . . . and I am not a n00b for not using mindgames. I just have honor and not a complete *** when I play this game. :mad:

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
Sheesh... This thread is full of lose if your goal was to create a sarcastic thread just to get it locked. You'll eventually get what you wished for...

What a waste. :/

cb_marth

Smash Ace
What...how can someone explain mindgames...how can they even take it out of the game. There is a reason why they call it "mindgames" If you are talking about wavedashing and stuff like that....that's just a part of the mind games, you don't need them to have a good mindgame move. This thread blows.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
hahaha, i thought this was serious when i first read the title. good stuff, i too am against the use of mindgames... they're so cheap and obviously weren't supposed to be in the game.

i guess some people are a little to dense to see the humor, relax guys, it's pretty witty if you think about it for a sec.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Pfft, I had that name for the longest time. . . . . . and I am not a n00b for not using mindgames. I just have honor and not a complete *** when I play this game. :mad:
Yes honor!!! People who WD are gay, but peole who play shiek is ok. She was meant to be **** in video game form. But people who play fox and shine and stuff like that are stupid...

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Mindgames were MEANT to be in the game. They discovered it before they released Melee and they never took it ou! PROOF it was meant to be in Melee, and will be in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom