• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of things to look at while I'm at E For All

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Air Dodge
Air Recovery (wiggle recovery)
Auto Float (peach)
C-Stick?
Chain Grab?
Crawling
Crouch Canceling
Dash Dance
Sidestep dodge
Double Jump Cancel
Edgehog
Fast Falling
IASA?!
Item grabbing/catching
Jump Cancelled Up Smash
Jump Cancelled Grab
JC Shine
L canceling
Edgehop
Ledge Tech
Ledgehog
Ledgedash
Meteor Cancel/Meteors
Rolling
Sheildhitstun
Sheilding/lightshield
Sheild Stun
Sheild Grab
Shine characteristics
Shffls
DI/smash di
Teching/walltech/techroll
Tumble recovery
Walljump
Wavedashing
Footstool jump
Crawl
General Gameplay Speed
Air Grab
Character intros
Taunts
Final Smash info
Edge Canceled Airials
Out Of Sheild stuff
Pivot
"thunders"
yoshi double jump knockback resistance
general knockback resistance
float canceling
bomb jumping
things you can do after airdodge (and potentially after up b o.O)
yoshi jumping out of sheild
yoshi airial CC
Fludd info
Toadstool spike thing
"character colisions" walking and running through people and what not
variations in turips/item pulls? (hard to test lol)

just so you know, everything even remotely bowser related will be disected and known after this tournament, so dont even bother making suggestions about that LOL

i will check these things as best i can

main points wavedashing crouch cancelling and teching

if you think of anything you want me to look for specifically let me know, i'm making a list and i'm going to take notes on these things as best i can

so just let me know if you guys want to know anything else specifically!

oh i'll also need a bit of help with anything not bowser related, as i'll be using him in every single match i play

i'm printing this list and bringing it with me, and i'll take notes while i'm there

n_n

Rex+

Smash Ace
Awesome list. But what I'm concerned about is if Fox's Shine can still be jump-cancelled. If he can't that would devastate me. ):

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Says in a preview from Demonoid that you can jump again (and presumably attack) after an air dodge. Sounds a little bit fishy, so it'd be great to have some absolutes on the matter from a smasher who knows his stuff.

Also, some of the videos suggest that you may be able to grab a ledge when you're facing the wrong direction:

Nice to have some insight there (especially for how it might effect Mario's cape as a ledge guarding tool if true).

One more ... can you find out if characters like Link and Kirby grab the edge on their way up from an Up-B? That's also been speculated from the videos:

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
All I want...

Is for you to jump up....

and try to hover hozzle with Mario Gimpy...

If you love me and your 4 illegitimate children you ran away from, you will check this one thing for me.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
If you get the chance Gimpy (and it really isn't pressing) could you check for alt. costumes? Or at least better different versions of characters that aren't simply recolors? Thanks.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
wow, really good list. you seem to have this all prepared very nicely. i know you said how you only want to play bowser. so i'll just randomly throw this in there. i am still curious on how diidy fully works. mainly how he moves around. seeing as he's supposed to be all acrobaty and ****...peace

-hiroshi

Can you tell me what Mario's new aerials are...?
Nair = Same

Uair = Same

Fair = Same (Also, to break up the confusion about Mario's fair, when the move came in contact with Pikachu and Kirby, Pikacu was grounded during the initial hit causing him to fly away. Kirby was in mid air, causing him to thrust down. The Fair didn't gain Doc's properties)

Bair = The animation for it is like a Spiral kick, but it ends pretty quickly. He does it alot in this video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/116404.html

Dair = Mario Tornado. I can confirm this as a normal attack, as it has been done with fluud in alot of videos. Look at the video again, he does it after his Bair when he attacks the Smash Ball. He also fast falls while doing so.

nuro

Smash Lord
Make sure you tell us what every b move is. What every ground and ariel a are.. How Yoshi's new upb to get on works. Who has been changed. How Link's automatic hookshot works. Try out the 4th taunt button and see what it does (since theres only 3taunts but 4messages).

as for advanced techs u need the Isia drop in there. also check out things like samus's bomb recovery. I gotta go i might list more..

rurouni kenshin

Smash Rookie
have you checked on IKE moves"his sword mighty power - perfect wavedashing" ? ,, >_> could we choose him instead of Marth "for Marth players" ? =P

and ,, ThanX a lot for confirming the list

Eggm

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, thats true mamba, Yo gimpy if you happen to pick yoshi while your there, can you test the thing where he edge hogs by jumping off the stage and double jumping back?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Any and all information on Peach and Pit would be greatly appreciated. :grin:

It would also behoove you to find as much information as possible about the following:
* Diddy's Side Special Move
* Diddy's Down Special Move
* Ike's Side Special Move
* Ike's Down Special Move
* Ike's Final Smash
* Meta Knight's Special Moves (more information in general)
* Meta Knight's Final Smash
* Peach's Final Smash
* Pit's Side Special Move
* Pit's Down Special Move
* Zero Suit Samus' Down Special Move
* Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash
* Sonic's Standard Special Move
* Yoshi's Up Special Move (new properties)

Sorry that the list seems so daunting; I just want to be Thoreau--er, thorough. :chuckle: Be sure to note different properties between Special Moves used in the air and on the ground. Also, try to find out official names of the aforementioned moves, as they have not yet been revealed on the DOJO!!. (Just plug Nate for answers...and information about Lucas and/or his Special Moves....and tell Mr. Bihldorff that I'd like to join the Localization Team once I finish college in another 3.5 years with my degree in Japanese. ;) )

Above all, HAVE FUN!

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Hot list, expect for the item crap, who cares about items... But seriously good list and I look forward to hearing back from the ma who is WAY TOO GOOD WITH BOWSER. But seriously bring a camera, I can't wait to see newbs get owned by pros in front of huge crowds.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
HE'S ONLY GONNA PLAY WITH BOWSER STOP ASKING NON-BOWSER CHARACTER QUESTIONS.

Sorry, some people just can't seem to be able to read.

Are you going with someone who can hold the camera while you play Gimpy?

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
were counting on you guys to give us a good impression of what we have to look forward to. serve the community well

gimp -
platform canceling
jump out of shield
UP-B / Upsmash out of shield
run -> duck -> perform move
shake out of tumble
bowser to jump quickly : p

soaz

Smash Ace
All i need to know is wavedashing and L-canceling still in the game.And if you could get some gameplay it would be great.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Gimpy, we know you're very attracted to Bowser, and he'll be very alluring to all of your senses, but for sake of discovery, use some other characters too. For the sake of the children Gimpy!

And everybody else, I'm sure the people going already have the list written down with boxes next to them to check off. We'll get a full run-down when they get back.

Remember Gimpy, FOR THE CHILDREN!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It would also behoove you to find as much information as possible about the following:
* Diddy's Side Special Move
* Diddy's Down Special Move
* Ike's Side Special Move
* Ike's Down Special Move
* Ike's Final Smash
* Meta Knight's Special Moves (more information in general)
* Meta Knight's Final Smash
* Peach's Final Smash
* Pit's Side Special Move
* Pit's Down Special Move
* Zero Suit Samus' Down Special Move
* Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash
* Sonic's Standard Special Move
* Yoshi's Up Special Move (new properties)
This is what I was looking for.

Like gimpy, I'm going to take a list of request with me to check for them. I'm going to play mainly as Sonic and Link if anyone has any specific questions about those two they want answered.

edit: Hm, didn't realize there was so many question topics. I think I know an easier way to do this.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
This is what I was looking for.

Like gimpy, I'm going to take a list of request with me to check for them. I'm going to play mainly as Sonic and Link if anyone has any specific questions about those two they want answered.

edit: Hm, didn't realize there was so many question topics. I think I know an easier way to do this.
There's really only one other (still active) topic with a bunch of questions, and it is targeted at everyone and not just Gimpy.

Chill - can I put you down on the other list as researching Sonic and Link then?

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
All I want...

Is for you to jump up....

and try to hover hozzle with Mario Gimpy...

If you love me and your 4 illegitimate children you ran away from, you will check this one thing for me.
One of the meta knight ship battles shows that FLUDD works the same in the air as on the ground. He starts the move in mid-air and lands. You can see this if you watch the video in slow motion or frame-by-frame.

Sorry, but doesn't look like you can hover nozzle with it :(.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
One of the meta knight ship battles shows that FLUDD works the same in the air as on the ground. He starts the move in mid-air and lands. You can see this if you watch the video in slow motion or frame-by-frame.

Sorry, but doesn't look like you can hover nozzle with it :(.
...Then why the bloody hell HAVE FLUDD if they can't translate it's second function?

*facepalm

Chill

Red
BRoomer
There's really only one other (still active) topic with a bunch of questions, and it is targeted at everyone and not just Gimpy.

Chill - can I put you down on the other list as researching Sonic and Link then?
Yeah. I like your thread BTW, very thorough and organized.

Chill: If you could, I would like to find out any gameplay differences (Speed, Power ect.) between Brawl Link and Melee Link. See if hes any faster.
Of course.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, if you can try to confirm bombs in sudden death after a certain amount of time. Also explain to us what each of the spin attacks does for Sonic and what you can do with them (in the air especially). Besides character related stuff, the list takes care of most of my wonders.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm glad there will be some Bowser research. I was expecting anyone from SWF that went to jsut check out Sonic, Snake, Pit, or Meta. Since your vid's basically turned me to Bowser, I'd be interested in what you have to say about the future of all things Bowser. I've already heard that he's been buffed big time as far as new moves and speed.

I would just liek some oppinions on how he's been buffed/nerfed, in terms of speed, moves, and broly effect/ heavy armor.

Top Bottom