• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian Hellfire: The Zelda Alliance

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
anyways thanks :p Man brawl is nearing...... so fast..... I wish it could be faster....
Heh, Yeah. Seriously.
It's, what, a week and a few days away?
I can't wait to test out new Zelda and Zero Suit Samus. :]

Just so you guys know, there is a trivia and discussion update!
be sure to check those two out as soon as you can!

-HipsterKid :D

Drake3

Smash Ace
This is the first game I've ever pre-ordered. I'm pretty excited for March 9th (maybe 8th).

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I didn't preorder it and now I'm scared I won't get a copy on release. And I feel stupid going into gamefaqs 1 and a half weeks before release and preordering. Whatever. I guess tomorrow I'll go see if they're still accepting preorders.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
That trivia question is pretty hard. I never got to finish MM (still waiting for it to come out on the VC grrr) but I think I may know it.

Anyway i'm in the exact same situation as you I didn't pre-order either. Yet at the same time I really don't see a need. I pre-ordered one of the GTA games and they still had a whole bunch at release. I know they are entirely different games but it's quite popular as well I guess. Though I don't know I just hope I can get it during release without any hassle.

Either way i'm totally stoked for this game it's driving me crazy.

Oh yeah, i'll answer the topic question later. :p

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
This is the first game I've ever pre-ordered. I'm pretty excited for March 9th (maybe 8th).
I know. Same here :D

The trivia question has me really curious. I don't remember. And apparently, the internet doesn't remember, either. How sad :(
It's not too hard.
It's a very simple role.
I'm sure you can find it somewhere. :]

I didn't preorder it and now I'm scared I won't get a copy on release. And I feel stupid going into gamefaqs 1 and a half weeks before release and preordering. Whatever. I guess tomorrow I'll go see if they're still accepting preorders.
Well I'm sure you'll find yourself a copy. I doubt EVERY copy will get sold anyway.

That trivia question is pretty hard. I never got to finish MM (still waiting for it to come out on the VC grrr) but I think I may know it.

Anyway i'm in the exact same situation as you I didn't pre-order either. Yet at the same time I really don't see a need. I pre-ordered one of the GTA games and they still had a whole bunch at release. I know they are entirely different games but it's quite popular as well I guess. Though I don't know I just hope I can get it during release without any hassle.

Either way i'm totally stoked for this game it's driving me crazy.

Oh yeah, i'll answer the topic question later. :p

Well you obviously remembered ;]
But yeah. I still think you two will get your copy.
I guess the preordering just has it's meaning.
I hear that GameStop is taking in two used, qualified Wii games and giving you Brawl for 9.99. Quite the deal? I don't think so. :/

Katt Lombardi

Smash Rookie
Name: Aura
Preference (Zelda or Sheik): Zelda
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]): I always played Zelda in Melee ever since it started. My sister always played Peach and we got really good together as the Princess sisters. ^.^ My Zelda was great in Melee, despite her being 'low tier.' I intend to main her in Brawl.
Favorite Color (Costume): I still can't decide. ;_; Maybe the Blue or Classic one. I like the Dark one, but everyone chooses that. >.>

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
anyone got tips on defending against falco in melee when he wavedashes- shine- short hop- drill kick.......so one and so forth. Me and my twin had some competive matches and i won 2 and he won 2. he mains falco and
does this tech all the time. usually is block until i can find a spot to attack but all of zelda's attack are
slower than falco's shine. usually i short hop and light kick which gets the job done but is this really the
only way? Though he hates me cause i camp alot then grab him and puts him a KO combo. (i love doing combos on fox and falco). PS anyone hate falco's down tilt A (way too fast to be so strong)?

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Name: Aura
Preference (Zelda or Sheik): Zelda
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]): I always played Zelda in Melee ever since it started. My sister always played Peach and we got really good together as the Princess sisters. ^.^ My Zelda was great in Melee, despite her being 'low tier.' I intend to main her in Brawl.
Favorite Color (Costume): I still can't decide. ;_; Maybe the Blue or Classic one. I like the Dark one, but everyone chooses that. >.>
Thanks for your submission!
Welcome to Hylian Hellfire: The Zelda Alliance!
I hope you enjoy it here!
Don't for get to check out the trivia and discussion!

@ CCC07: I don't really know too much about competitive Melee. I'm more of a casual when it comes to Melee. Not to say it's going to be the same with Brawl, but you get the picture :D

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for your submission!
Welcome to Hylian Hellfire: The Zelda Alliance!
I hope you enjoy it here!
Don't for get to check out the trivia and discussion!

@ CCC07: I don't really know too much about competitive Melee. I'm more of a casual when it comes to Melee. Not to say it's going to be the same with Brawl, but you get the picture :D
thanks fo the reply though:)
I'll probably ask DM

Arean

Smash Ace
Lol.... well dont let that stop you... She lands 2 final smashes.... and guess who wins.....

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Oh c'mon Ledger!
That was a great fight!
Sure, she might've commited suicide once...
but it was a mistake that I'm sure some of us might've made in that situation.
I think that the new AI is brilliant.
Besides, you don't see Zelda abusing Down Tilt anymore, do you?

Drake3

Smash Ace
I have a discussion topic (and I hate making threads) so I'll just throw it in this one :D *kicks Hippy aside*

Do you think the Melee Zelda players are at an advantage in Brawl? Most of us were prepared to walk into Brawl and play with what we're used to: a character with 2 attacks. Now that Zelda has been buffed in pretty much every way conceivable, are we at an advantage because we now have more options?

I see alot of "<High Tier> Got nerfed! Abandon ship!" ( which I honestly think is pathetic, and no amount of arguing with me will change that) but there are alot of people who still want to use their character (and I have infinite respect for these) even though they've been toned down. Are they at a disadvantage or not really?

Characters who were higher were brought lower *steps on Marth* and characters who were lower were brought higher *shoves Yoshi in closet* to try and even the playing field. Is anybody at an advantage/disadvantage (some day I'll buy a thesaurus) or are we all even?

Edit: And the only reason why this thought occurred to me is because I was reading around and alot of people are complaining about how bad their characters are now. My reaction to this is pretty much "Listen buddy...you play a magicless sorceress and then you get back to me" because I don't think that they really have an idea of how bad you can get.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
I have a discussion topic (and I hate making threads) so I'll just throw it in this one :D *kicks Hippy aside*

Do you think the Melee Zelda players are at an advantage in Brawl? Most of us were prepared to walk into Brawl and play with what we're used to: a character with 2 attacks. Now that Zelda has been buffed in pretty much every way conceivable, are we at an advantage because we now have more options?

I see alot of "<High Tier> Got nerfed! Abandon ship!" ( which I honestly think is pathetic, and no amount of arguing with me will change that) but there are alot of people who still want to use their character (and I have infinite respect for these) even though they've been toned down. Are they at a disadvantage or not really?

Characters who were higher were brought lower *steps on Marth* and characters who were lower were brought higher *shoves Yoshi in closet* to try and even the playing field. Is anybody at an advantage/disadvantage (some day I'll buy a thesaurus) or are we all even?

Edit: And the only reason why this thought occurred to me is because I was reading around and alot of people are complaining about how bad their characters are now. My reaction to this is pretty much "Listen buddy...you play a magicless sorceress and then you get back to me" because I don't think that they really have an idea of how bad you can get.
I would hope that our perseverance with zelda pays off in brawl.
I don't see why people complain our their character getting nerf when you
have people like marth that can rely just on his f smash and spacies that can
do crazy shine combos and falco having a ****ing strong D tilt A thats way too fast
to be so strong.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace

Oh wow Drake. You are too nice :]

Here is my take on this situation.
Well, I know that when I play as Zelda, I don't exactly spam the lightning kick. I use a variety of attacks, utilizing every single attack except maybe N-Air and D-Tilt. For me, utilizing new Zelda might be a lot easier than for someone who has been utilizing only a few attacks. We'll call him Drake a competitive player.

Not to say this is totally true. Someone may have utilized every single move in competitive way. That person would have an even higher chance at greatness in this game. Some advance techniques can be thrown in with Zelda's new playstyle to make it totally useful and great.

I can say that even though equality was attempted, it probably won't be even in the end. There are some things that will raise one person over another and those things will be reflected in the "tiers".

CCC07

Smash Apprentice

Well, I know that when I play as Zelda, I don't exactly spam the lightning kick. I use a variety of attacks, utilizing every single attack except maybe N-Air and D-Tilt. For me, utilizing new Zelda might be a lot easier than for someone who has been utilizing only a few attacks. We'll call him Drake a competitive player.

Not to say this is totally true. Someone may have utilized every single move in competitive way. That person would have an even higher chance at greatness in this game. Some advance techniques can be thrown in with Zelda's new playstyle to make it totally useful and great.

I can say that even though equality was attempted, it probably won't be even in the end. There are some things that will raise one person over another and those things will be reflected in the "tiers".
yep. no matter how much you nerf spacies power to balance the game
there play style will still be high tier

blink777

Smash Journeyman
In response to Drake:

I think we do have some advantage, but not entirely from the expanded usable-moveset. For all that we now have more attacks at our disposal, we still have to get out of the habit of kick spamming, just the how players using previously high-tier characters will have to get out of the habit of using the majority of their moveset (yeah, I know, that's not entirely true).

What I think gives Melee Zelda users an advantage in terms of learning curve is that according to some people, Zelda's physics have been left relatively unchanged, especially in comparison to the space animals. We should be able to manouver Zelda around the stage with more familiarity than characters who have drastically different fall times, jump heights, attack range, and running speed.

But yeah, I don't actually know this: it's just a guess from what I've heard.

EDIT: Omg, forgot the reason why I was going to post in the first place.

Bad, bad new for me here. I've made the decision not to buy a Wii for a while. Rent and bills are really looking to be more important at this time. That being said, though I won't be playing Brawl, I'll have the literature to entertain me (I already preordered in full the game [instruction manual w00t] and the guide).

So booooo, feel bad for me ;). jk

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
In response to Drake:

Bad, bad new for me here. I've made the decision not to buy a Wii for a while. Rent and bills are really looking to be more important at this time. That being said, though I won't be playing Brawl, I'll have the literature to entertain me (I already preordered in full the game [instruction manual w00t] and the guide).

Man that sucks. if only we could put in a donation to buy you a wii.:(

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
Name: Connor
Preference (Zelda or Sheik): Sheik, but I use Zelda a lot
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]): Because I've mained Zelda ever since I got the game. (Last Christmas, lol) Although, I alternate Sheik and Zelda a lot.
Favorite Color (Costume): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciLn6cFxA2k

In the video, at 2:36 and 2:37 it shows her and Sheik in black. So I like the black one! XD

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Name: Nick
Preference: Sheik
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]): I''ll be honest that I didn't start to main Sheik until having the game for a couple months mostly because I was trying to find who I wanted to main. After deciding Sheik I created a different fighting style that isn't based on the combos that many Sheik players rely on.
Favorite Color (Costume): Melee: Neutral
Brawl: Unknown (probably neutral)

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Hi, I'm the leader of the Link clan. Our forums are located at:

www.z15.invisionfree.com/Twilight_Heroes

We should be allies. If you accept please reply. Thank you.

Nice clan name btw.
Alright then. We have our first alliance submission!
This will require some thought on our clan for the most part.
Which calls for voting. They will not be tallied but we can just take Majority rule!
So make sure you vote or else you might get something out of it you don't like!
Thank you for the comment by the way :D

In response to Drake:

I think we do have some advantage, but not entirely from the expanded usable-moveset. For all that we now have more attacks at our disposal, we still have to get out of the habit of kick spamming, just the how players using previously high-tier characters will have to get out of the habit of using the majority of their moveset (yeah, I know, that's not entirely true).

What I think gives Melee Zelda users an advantage in terms of learning curve is that according to some people, Zelda's physics have been left relatively unchanged, especially in comparison to the space animals. We should be able to manouver Zelda around the stage with more familiarity than characters who have drastically different fall times, jump heights, attack range, and running speed.

But yeah, I don't actually know this: it's just a guess from what I've heard.

EDIT: Omg, forgot the reason why I was going to post in the first place.

Point made. :]
I had the same idea.

Name: Connor
Preference (Zelda or Sheik): Sheik, but I use Zelda a lot
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]): Because I've mained Zelda ever since I got the game. (Last Christmas, lol) Although, I alternate Sheik and Zelda a lot.
Favorite Color (Costume): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciLn6cFxA2k

In the video, at 2:36 and 2:37 it shows her and Sheik in black. So I like the black one! XD
Name: Nick
Preference: Sheik
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]): I''ll be honest that I didn't start to main Sheik until having the game for a couple months mostly because I was trying to find who I wanted to main. After deciding Sheik I created a different fighting style that isn't based on the combos that many Sheik players rely on.
Favorite Color (Costume): Melee: Neutral
Brawl: Unknown (probably neutral)
Welcome to Hylian Hellfire: The Zelda Alliance to the both of you!
Thank you for your submissions!
I will soon add your names to the list!
Don't forget to check out the trivia and discussion to see what's happening!

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Alright then. We have our first alliance submission!
This will require some thought on our clan for the most part.
Which calls for voting. They will not be tallied but we can just take Majority rule!
So make sure you vote or else you might get something out of it you don't like!
I vote hell yeah allow the Link crew/clan to be allies with us :D. That is all...for now.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
Seconded. Let's join 'em.
I dont know they're trying to be allies with everyone. they've asked so many
clans already. (my brother is in the wolf clan).

we need our on clan forums the wolf and link clan have one.
the wolf clan also has a chat room.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
yo hippy i think think we need to stress participation in the clan.
where the hell are the members that first join. what's the point in being in a
clan if youre not here adding input.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice

Well, I know that when I play as Zelda, I don't exactly spam the lightning kick. I use a variety of attacks, utilizing every single attack except maybe N-Air and D-Tilt. .
".
you need to use d-tilt. at first i taught it was useless then i found out when
your opponent is at higher percentages use d-tilt then d smash, it will chain
together perfectly.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Well, I kick spam just as any good Zelda should, but I pretty much try to use all of her techniques except for Din's Fire (it's so useless as anything but an infrequent edge guarder), and Dair.

I love her Nair, and now that it significantly better, all the more. And her Dtilt was great for edgeguarding in the last game, and now it can be easily used to combo into things.

XD Now that Din's Fire is holy crap good, and Dair is lightning, I'll pretty much have the ability to use all of her moves just fine. Maybe not Fsmash and Usmash once my friends catch on that they can escape from them with DI.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I dont know they're trying to be allies with everyone. they've asked so many
clans already. (my brother is in the wolf clan).

we need our on clan forums the wolf and link clan have one.
the wolf clan also has a chat room.
Yeah. I guess it's not totally fun if they do ally a lot of people
But at the same time, it's Link and we really should.
Then again, it's up to you all.
so far, it's a yes.

I would love to try and stress participation.
However, I don't exactly know how to do that properly.
That and I don't really have much time.
If you all want to elect certain positions to monitor members, we can do that.

you need to use d-tilt. at first i taught it was useless then i found out when
your opponent is at higher percentages use d-tilt then d smash, it will chain
together perfectly.
Yes, I know.
It just wasn't my totaly preferance for an attack.
I just much rather use Down Smash.
However, in brawl, I'm surely going to use it.

Luthien

Smash Ace
I would love to try and stress participation.
However, I don't exactly know how to do that properly.
It's really a very simple concept. Grab the nearest frying pan (or inflatable pool, if you're short/it's in the repair shop) and proceed to beat them over the head with it until they participate.

Although, I don't see why people would join and not do anything. What's the point of bothering to put in a submission then, if you don't benifit at all? I don't see any need to kick people out or anything though. "You haven't posted! Out! Now!" *Kicks* Does that seem somewhat ridiculous to anyone else? We should just keep things the way they are for now, and see if things change once North America gets its hands on Brawl.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Us Brawl voices suck. I almost busted a gust on pit's voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPuesnIp0VY
They weren't that bad.
I wish Ike's would've been just a bit... manlier?
But I think it's mainly that we adjusted to the Japanese voicing.
Or at least I have :/

It's really a very simple concept. Grab the nearest frying pan (or inflatable pool, if you're short/it's in the repair shop) and proceed to beat them over the head with it until they participate.
As fun as it'd be to see one person beat another person with an inflatable pool, I don't think it's going to happen :]

Although, I don't see why people would join and not do anything. What's the point of bothering to put in a submission then, if you don't benifit at all? I don't see any need to kick people out or anything though. "You haven't posted! Out! Now!" *Kicks* Does that seem somewhat ridiculous to anyone else? We should just keep things the way they are for now, and see if things change once North America gets its hands on Brawl.
Well, there are those people who have done just that.
Of course, they could be doing the whole "Check the posts but don't add a comment" thing.
I could see that happening.
But I don't think we need to resort to kicking people out of the clan just for that.
And I think once American gets their hands on Brawl, it'll be worse than it is now.
At least for the first few weeks.
BTW, nice to see you back and posting in here Luthien :]

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Yeah but...how? :confused:

I visit the Zelda boards every day and read all the posts, until theres something i can contribute two im sort of stuck :dizzy:

EDIT: And we're looking at a June release down-under :urg:
EDIT again: Falco is from Brooklyn by the sounds of it :laugh:

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Fox's voice is absolutely amazing. I'm going to main him just because of how perfect the voice goes with the character and personality.

Oh, ya, I've already offered my opinion, my interest is with allying with Ike or Peach, definitely not Link.

I'm betting a flood of people joined at first to just be able to go back and say "Ha, I mained her even before she was awesome" and have proof of it.

Admittedly, that's part of my motive for being here, but even if she was God Tier (not likely) or bottom of bottom tier (not likely), I'd still main her.

Top Bottom