• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Hello, this is a thread designed to collect up-to-date info on Match-ups for the Ike boards, which is always in desperate need of good info.

I come to you today with a simple set of questions, attempting to get the "other side" of ideas pertaining to the Matchups against Ike. Its just a few simple questions I'm hoping to get answered;

1. What is your general opinion of Ike as a character?
2. What moves do you fear from Ike?
3. Which moves do not trouble you at all?
4. Which moves/techniques do you use against Ike to gain the advantage?
5. What specific edgeguards do you employ versus Ike?

Feel free to add anything else that doesn't fit into the questions criteria. The goal is to collect information, so anything s useful.

On a side note, I may feel the need to quote this info. If you don't wished to be quoted, please tell me in your posts, and I will not quote you.

Thanks in advance. ^^

Stryks

Smash Hero
1.- Ike is a great character, my crew member is the best Ike in town, he even has a combo vid (which is more KOs than combos haha), and well overall ikes a beast, most of his moves are as strong as a normal smash attack...

2.- almost all of them, gotta say u should never go after him if hes returning, unless he has no experience against ganondorf, his upb send u downward if he hits u with the last half of the move...

his Dair is a great meteor/spike, and if u try to use sideb to recover, a skilled ike player will almost always hit it...

the jab combo doesnt send u to far, but if one hit hits u, its very hard to block the rest...

his sidesmash is lethal, usually I spot dodge it to early, cause the attack lasts so long, by the end of ur spot dodge... it will hit...

3.- his side b, its strong, but easy to block, u can see the upsmash from a mile away, and I can usually dodge it... cant give u anymore help than that, most of his moves are very powerful, laggy, but powerful...

4.- DownB is good for a fast attack if hes far away, when hes returning with his upb, use the Dtilt, it will send him upwards, but if he has a lot of damage, he'll go sky fliying...

I use to sideb a lot against him, but i started to become predictable and decided to change my game, use the dash attack, its fast and covers a lot, Dair him and use a lot of foxtrot, some mindgames always help too...

5.- **** tough one, like I said, if he hits u with the up b, and he doesnt sweetspot the edge, ur going down... what I do is do a fast fall Dair, its fast as hell, and the move doesnt last that long, so u always can return to the stage safely...

hope it helps :/

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
I use Ike. he is not my main but i like him as a character. I think its something about the gun shot like sound his sword makes when it hits.

His quick draw is easily his best move especially against a character with no projectile, not exactly a fear but more like a stratagy to get around.

Most of his smash dont bother since most of the time you have to be baited and gannys sparta kick is faster as well as his thunder punch

Flame choke ike it goes around most of his moves as well as shutter stepping, really catches ike players who space properly off guard.

If he is out spike with dair, if he is under it is almost certain suicide to give chase because of aether

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Low to bottom tier. Mid at best.
None really. Only the bair, uair, usmash, ntilt, and occasionally the fsmash.
The rest of his moveset.
Airdodge and spot dodge. I also just assault him and he can't move. If the only move he can hit me with is ntilt, I win.
Edgehog or I jump in front of his side B while he's recovering. It's really easy to edgeguard him.[/QUOTE]

Ike's not difficult to fight. Just understand his moveset and he's easy to face.

Sliq

Smash Master
1.- Ike is a great character, my crew member is the best Ike in town
It's a scientific fact that whenever anyone say somone is the best in their town, they are very bad, and by extension, you are very bad.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Excuse me? Im not saying IM the best in the town, my friend has gone to multiple tourneys and his Ike is among the top ones, be it sarcasm or not, that was uncalled for...

Sliq

Smash Master
Excuse me? Im not saying IM the best in the town, my friend has gone to multiple tourneys and his Ike is among the top ones, be it sarcasm or not, that was uncalled for...
No, you saying that he is the best in town makes you a noob. And since you are a noob saying he is the best in town, it is most likely he is also a noob. Don't take it personally. I'm just pointing our an observation that has been proven true so many times over the course of smash history that it is basically fact.

If you think you are good, and no one has heard of you, you aren't.

And yes, it was called for. Learn some humility.

hay gaiz mah frend is teh bestest in our town he is gud despite no evdinence to back up said claims lol

That's like bragging to a mechanic about how much you know about fixing cars, when in reality, you know very little. The mechanic gets annoyed and you look like a moron.

Zarez

Smash Cadet
That was a bit uncalled for. Maybe it wasn't proper for him to say what he did, and he should've indicated it was only his opinion, or give some kind of proof (although he didn't even say it was fact). That doesn't mean you should challenge that statement, which didn't even have much to do with this topic. It might've been called for if it was some wannabe that was actually bragging and claiming that they were the best.

I could say "you think you know what your're talking about, but in actuality, you don't." Something can't be "basically fact." It either is fact or it isn't. You also can't just assume that no one has heard of him. For all you know, what he said could've been an understatement. It's a possibility that someone regarded as a nation's best could choose to only refer to himself as his town's best just as an act of modesty.

If this actually started because of something that was said outside of this topic, before your posts here, then I take back some of what I said above. Perhaps you know more than I do, and it was called for. If not, I don't think you should've even bothered to say anything about what he said.

Umpadumpalump

Smash Apprentice
1. Ike's a pretty good character, he's strong and his moves aren't super slow. Plus, his super armors are good. His recovery is kinda bad, though and he's pretty laggy.

2. Fsmash, Dtilt, and Uair.

3. Usmash is pretty easy to dodge, his counter is pretty slow, and his bair almost never hits.

4. Ftilt, neutral a because Ike's tall, Usmash.

5. Mostly dtilt, I usually don't attack them until they come off the edge when i use Ganondorf.

El Drago

Smash Cadet
Ganon has a massive advantage over Ike in my opinion.

Sparta kick, im dead serious. Use this and theres pretty much no way for him to recover, especially if you tag him with it after his second jump, its almost unfair.

Sliq

Smash Master
That was a bit uncalled for. Maybe it wasn't proper for him to say what he did, and he should've indicated it was only his opinion, or give some kind of proof (although he didn't even say it was fact). That doesn't mean you should challenge that statement, which didn't even have much to do with this topic. It might've been called for if it was some wannabe that was actually bragging and claiming that they were the best.
I can do whatever I want. And I wanted this noob to quit trying to impress internet people, not even by braggin about himself, but by clinging to his friend for self gratification. FROM AN INTERNET FORUM.

HE has to learn someway not to be a tool, and tough love is all I'm good at.

I could say "you think you know what your're talking about, but in actuality, you don't." Something can't be "basically fact." It either is fact or it isn't.
Gravity. GG NO RE.

Gravity hasn't been proven with 100% of a doubt to come from the pull of a heavenly body. It is an accepted hypthosis. Same with Eviolution. Wow, did I just ruin your ****? Yes. Yes I did.

You also can't just assume that no one has heard of him. For all you know, what he said could've been an understatement. It's a possibility that someone regarded as a nation's best could choose to only refer to himself as his town's best just as an act of modesty.
No.

If this actually started because of something that was said outside of this topic, before your posts here, then I take back some of what I said above. Perhaps you know more than I do, and it was called for. If not, I don't think you should've even bothered to say anything about what he said.
He has to learn some humility someway. Otherwise he's just going to keep running his mouth off, irritating everyone.

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
Flame each other in PM, please.

Also: Drago, that is an amazing sig. Where did you get those renders, or did you make them?

Acid_Wolf

Smash Cadet
Ganon has a massive advantage over Ike in my opinion.

Sparta kick, im dead serious. Use this and theres pretty much no way for him to recover, especially if you tag him with it after his second jump, its almost unfair.
Haha so true! I use that strategy against Ike also, if only I could macro comments to attacks (This... is... GERUDO! *kick*).

Game and Watch can destroy him if used properly imo. GW's slow dodge means that his invincibility frames last as long as Ike's sluggishly long attacks. His sausages can also stop Ike from charging his down b while in the air to scare you away from his landing area. Aside from this he has some powerful smash attacks even Ike's heavy butt can't recover from. And of course, the infamous 9 hammer just dominates in general.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
sliq owned another thread

fighting ike is really easy for ganon just knock him sideways with your massive array of side smashers sparta kick, elbow, Fair, tipman Uair, (lol murder punch) and your pretty much set just dodge his slow attacks

Dragmire

Smash Lord
he just hates when people think they know what they're talking about when they really don't

just learn to gather info before spouting all knowing of what is being talked about

Sliq

Smash Master
Whether or not I am arrogant has no impact on whether or not I am right.

Furthermore, I have been around long enough and gotten enough experience to know what I am talking about.

LittleKey

Smash Cadet
What does having only 53 posts have to do with anything? You're overreacting a bit, and I was pointing it out. For example, that analogy you did about the mechanic? Not true. You don't know that that person's friend isn't the best in his town; how would you know that? And you're using the word "fact" a little bit too loosely. A fact is a theory proven to be true. You have the theory, where's the proof?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
What does having only 53 posts have to do with anything? You're overreacting a bit, and I was pointing it out. For example, that analogy you did about the mechanic? Not true. You don't know that that person's friend isn't the best in his town; how would you know that? And you're using the word "fact" a little bit too loosely. A fact is a theory proven to be true. You have the theory, where's the proof?
People like you are why '08 posters are generally ignored.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Look at the tourney results thread.

Just because Sliq uses a bad character doesn't mean he is bad.
Yes because I recall saying: you use a bad character = ur a bad player
[/sarcasm]

I dont care about the tourney results, i was giving my opinion, and this guy comes here and bashes me, did I provoque him? F' no, seriously if hes a good player ill give him a pat in a back, ill vote for him for prez and ill name my 1st son after him, in case u didnt get it by now I DONT CARE, ur saying that because hes a good player its an excuse to be an *******?

thanx didnt knew...

Calixto

Smash Apprentice

Decent enough.

Forward tilt, up tilt, back air, forward smash if someone can get it to connect ever.

Side B, up B, down tilt, up air.

Flame choke set ups, up air juggling, Sparta kick up-B recovery attempts.

Jump in front of the side b, if they miss the ledge sweet spot, Sparta Kick the up-B landing.

Sliq

Smash Master
People like you are why '08 posters are generally ignored.
What this guy said.

I dont care about the tourney results, i was giving my opinion, and this guy comes here and bashes me...
I fail to see how you stating your friend is the best in your town has any relevance to the topic at hand. Furthermore, I simply pointed out that anyone that claims to be the best in their town, or anything of the sort, has been historically proven to be a noob. Look up a thread made by SoraKeyBladeMaster. Dude comes in here spouting major hubris, and gets wecked by FastLikeTree. I personnaly wrecked some trash talking noobs at a local tournament about 2 months ago. Furthermore, bragging about your local friend and how good he is makes you look like a noob. So, you know, don't do that anymore, or someone will do this, AGAIN.

..did I provoque him?
Yes, you did, by posting about how your super awesome friend is a real wiz with this Ike character I've heard so much about. No one cares if your friend can beat you and your other 2 friends with Ike. Plus, it is highly irrelevant to the topic at hand.

ur saying that because hes a good player its an excuse to be an *******?
And because you're a nobody with no experience, you don't get to waltz in here with your nose up turned, riding the tailcoats of your friend who is probably ****, latching onto something completely inane to get some attention from internet people.

O rly? ur frend is a gud ike? man ur so kewl, lez be best frends! Stryks is teh greatest!

That is probably the fantasy that went through his mind as he posted his original self-fellating bull****.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Sliq's posts always make me LOL. He is such a ****. But you know, he is right. I thought I was hot**** cause I could ROFLstomp my roommates, but then I played online and I was humbled. I quickly found out I'm just above average.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously sliq WTF...

I stated my friend is a good ike player, thus I have experience against Ike, the guy is asking how to fight and Ike, and like I said, I have experience, the guy wants info and im giving to him, I dont see how u got affected, unless some ´best of ur town´ beat u senseless that day and u just went in a tantrum, whatever...

What, THATS proof? well slap me silly with a banjo! seriously man, ur saying I have no experience and stuff like that, wheres ur proof? or what everything u pull out of ur *** is fact by default?

Seriously if u wanna brawl, just let me know, will I lose? I dont know, do I care? hell no, but at least im not a guy who goes around bragging and acting like hes some ultimate player just because he got good in a tournament...

Stryks

Smash Hero
ROFL what u dont want to face me? Ok fine, we'll finish this here, but at least when I go bragging about my skills and what not I can back it up...

Top Bottom