• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Better Lucario Official Guide/Faq/Database (Now with More Lawl!)

Omit

Smash Apprentice
I know. ;.; It's old and I need to go back and change things.

Coming down with a Force Palm after being hit away and being chased, however, is fantastic. It gives you range and an attack that doesn't dissipate when you hit the ground.
Really? i might try using it a bit more if its really usefull ^^

Milln

Smash Champion
Really? i might try using it a bit more if its really usefull ^^
It's helped out all the times that i've done it (both on purpose and on accident) =3

It should be taken into consideration that i've done it maybe ten times in my career. >,>

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hey guys. I dun play this game anymore, but is Lucario still doing good?? Is he still handing out the ph3ar? Dairing some fools? Controllin' space with his Aura sphere?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Does Lucario have a one frame jab? I sincerely doubt it but I heard it in another thread. If it's visually obvious I apologise, Im away from my Wii and I haven't played Lucario in a loooong time.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Lol'ed at the 1 frame jab.

anyway lucario jab starts at frame 6 but still(at least for me) is quite fast :D

..Huh, I thought it was a bit too slow looking to be one frame but Lucario hit boxes confuse me.

Anyways if it really is 6 frames for his jab then does he have faster options?

If he doesn't then Lucario well become my new chew toy as I can just spam fast attacks on him until he dies.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
..Huh, I thought it was a bit too slow looking to be one frame but Lucario hit boxes confuse me.

Anyways if it really is 6 frames for his jab then does he have faster options?

If he doesn't then Lucario well become my new chew toy as I can just spam fast attacks on him until he dies.
Utilt's rear hitbox is one frame faster, but jab is going to be used more often.

And, honestly, six frames for a jab is bad, but there are plenty of characters who have worse. A fast jab isn't a necessity when you have a great air and spacing game. How do you think characters like Wario manage to survive?

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Utilt's rear hitbox is one frame faster, but jab is going to be used more often.

And, honestly, six frames for a jab is bad, but there are plenty of characters who have worse. A fast jab isn't a necessity when you have a great air and spacing game. How do you think characters like Wario manage to survive?
This. If it were as easy as "spam fast attacks," MK would be an impossible matchup for us lol.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
There's not much Lucario can do to a ftilt, ftilt, into strong nair.

Not going to work every time depending on DI, but still, do you really want to mess with that?

And, as far as I'm aware, Lucario can jump out before the nair hits. Ending with a utilt, though, is inescapable I believe, but Sheik's ftilt lock on Lucario is only limited anyway.

And MK doesn't have damaging combos? Is glide attack, two-hit nair, ftilt, (possible) dash grab or uair not enough for you? The first three attacks are inescapable btw. Sure, MK doesn't have guaranteed 0-70 locks like Sheik, but he can still combo with the best of them. Besides, what he lacks is made up in killing power and range, two things Sheik seems to lack greatly.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey guys, got back from RCB5! I found a few things:
-jab is actually amazing, especially if you space near the tip to repel.
-Usmash is officially more useless to me than DT (every good player avoids it and punishes, and if they are on a platform, they just shield, drop and punish while the usmash is still in effect).
-I actually used DT for a few good things (RDT, and killing a slow tilt a few times)
-Dsmash is actually pretty good, as well as ftilt oos.
-MK's ftilt will kill Lucario's fsmash unless you space it on the minute tipper (otherwise, he'll just walk ftilt to kill).
-Ness' fair is no fair.

Now onto the jab, and sheik ftilt discussion:
DI?
dair?
much better spacing and outranging?
and no kill till like 180% = scary lucario?

On jab:
I've really enjoyed this move in my tourney. it restores decay well, has great range, decent knock back (especially after the occasional FP or grab). It also works well on ppl who rush in after fsmash, expecting a laggy lucario to get punished, only to see jab after mindgamed jab again.

Milln

Smash Champion
December 21st, 2009- Rotated the pictures, Redid most sections, didn't think the green highlight was necessary for this update; just take a gander and re-read the entire guide.

Merry Christmas, Everyone. This is my gift to the Lucario Community. An Updated and Recomposed Guide. =3

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Mr.Quotes.

Good stuff Milln. keeping it Xmasy, or for those who lack chrisman, Hanukkahy.
-t2

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Great guide, thanks for taking the effort of making it up, it was really useful for improving my lucario play.

And i also love your vids, been watching a couple and they are really useful.

Thanks =]

Milln

Smash Champion
Great guide, thanks for taking the effort of making it up, it was really useful for improving my lucario play.

And i also love your vids, been watching a couple and they are really useful.

Thanks =]
And another one joins the Milln Fan Club.

Enjoy my voice. <3

jog

Smash Journeyman
And another one joins the Milln Fan Club.

Enjoy my voice. <3
add one more milln :)

the inner fire vids have helped a lot.

i have one question though, that i'm getting mixed signals on,
is the last hit in the AAA jab combo a good move to use or should i AA then force palm etc.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
add one more milln :)

the inner fire vids have helped a lot.

i have one question though, that i'm getting mixed signals on,
is the last hit in the AAA jab combo a good move to use or should i AA then force palm etc.
AA FP is best used as a mixup option if you know they don't have a combo breaker (like Marth/Boozer UpB), and if they don't expect it (otherwise they'll spotdodge the FP and you'll have trouble). AAA is actually one of the best options, it racks damage, decent knockback, almost no chance of the third A from being interrupted, and helps restore decay a bit.

Milln

Smash Champion
January 26th, 2009- I snuck something in here. Enjoy it when you find it. =D

*snrksnrk*

|RK|

Smash Marketer
And since your name doesn't have Sonic in it (ok, I know it wasn't a Sonic person, but) , you wisely looked through the guide first and found out that it'd been discovered already. I love you.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Haha, the lore stuff. good stuff, I can contribute some later.

Also, I just noticed. We get mad at ppl for posting new threads on Good/Bad stages for lucario. We tell them to go look it up in the guides, and yet I can't find it in any of the guides (on the first page).
So milln, be a helpcario and post them stages for the peeps.
k thanks
-bombcario

Milln

Smash Champion
Haha, the lore stuff. good stuff, I can contribute some later.

Also, I just noticed. We get mad at ppl for posting new threads on Good/Bad stages for lucario. We tell them to go look it up in the guides, and yet I can't find it in any of the guides (on the first page).
So milln, be a helpcario and post them stages for the peeps.
k thanks
-bombcario
You're not bombcario, wut.

I think there's a couple topics in the List of Links topic that's stickied that directs to a stage discussion.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Milln, you should put the damage of his Ledge Attacks, his Trip Attack, and Crouch Attack. Oh, and you should also put that Lucario's F-Tilt can be tilted up and down.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I'm bombcario, and here's the die hard proof.

^^^ classic and original avatar of old times.

If this isnt proof enough, I can find the post inside the tomb of the Lucario Chat room and find where it says, Bombcario.
-t2

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm sorry if this has been found ,as I have not yet had the time to go through all the stickies, but today, by doing extreme speed on the ground, by holding down, facing left, I was able to extreme speed backwards, but only towards the right.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm sorry if this has been found ,as I have not yet had the time to go through all the stickies, but today, by doing extreme speed on the ground, by holding down, facing left, I was able to extreme speed backwards, but only towards the right.
o.o Uh, its not new...I just don't think people posted it.
-DD

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Yeah, doing it by a ledge causes an Extremehog. So, I decide, why not left? Hold down and slightly left with Extremespeed and you'll Extremehog left.

Top Bottom