• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

As Falco who is your hardest fight? why?

As Falco who is your hardest fight? why?

• Mario

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Luigi

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Peach

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Bowser

• Donkey Kong

• Diddy Kong

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Wario

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Link

• Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

• Pit

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • R.O.B

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 104 25.7%
  • King Dedede

• Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • Fox

• Falco

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Wolf

• Captain Falcon

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Pikachu

• Pokemon Trainer

• Lucario

• Jigglypuff

• Marth

Votes: 23 5.7%
  • Ike

• Ness

• Lucas

• Mr Game & Watch

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Snake

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • Sonic

Votes: 7 1.7%

• Total voters

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I've noticed there has been a lot of debate to who are Falco's hardest fights. I would like to the general opinion from the Falco community, so please vote, would love to see if the results change over time. Hopefully from the results we can get a understand as to how to fight these characters more effectively, which I'm sure will help everybody.

Also a thank you to blad01 to his official match-up thread, its been helpful, hope he continues it.

hurricane22491

Smash Cadet
For me it's definitely Game&Watch and Metaknight. You can't recklessly spam lasers at G&W and both of them are a little hard to hit with lasers anyway. Olimar, Pikachu, and Kirby are also troublesome because of their size.

Magic777

Smash Rookie
GW's air game is just annoying for falco... and the bucket doesn't help either
at least shine is pretty effective, if you can hit him in the air with it

Narshen

Smash Rookie
I find Metaknight and G&W to be Falco's toughest match-ups. MK's incredibly tiny, lessening the laser's effectiveness, can gimp his recovery, and has many other good qualitites. G&W is also small, has the bucket for stopping laser spam, and from what I've seen, he beats Falco in the air as well.

BEES

Smash Lord
I am almost completely certain that Metaknight is the best character in the game. Unless future metagame developments hurt him.

That's unlikely, those tend to make the best characters better along with everyone else.

BEES

Smash Lord
While Snake has won more tournies, he has less top placings overall. He gives Metaknight trouble, but he is the only character that does. Overall, his matchups are a bit worse. Several more characters give him trouble.

Falco gives him trouble.

zzzzzzzzzz

Smash Cadet
you should make it so that each person has 3 votes, it would have a better idea of problem characters for falco. cause alot of people who played against a good MK will most likely vote MK. i have some trouble with pit as well and sometimes wolf, i would like to vote for them also.

Cloak020

Smash Rookie
For me its Metaknight and G&W, mostly because they are hard to hit with lasers and I have trouble spiking them, since I feel they have awkward recoveries

Spital

Smash Rookie
Pit, dont know what it is about him.. ima blame the fact that he has wings that work

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
wrong....best character=snake...unfortunately

On topic, my toughest matches are MK and G&W as well...with a little wolf thrown in there for good measure..=\

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. My friend plays a MEAN G&W, he's perfected cathing every single laser >.<
Last G&W i played i beat, everytime he pulled the bucket and caught a laser he also caught Falco's foot. Then again it was a freindlies tourney and he was a Scrub G&W so i don't really understand your pain completely yet. Although i have an idea at what you're getting at.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Definitely Metaknight... mostly because my friend mains him. It makes me sad that Falco is one of the better characters to use against Metaknight, and yet is the one Falco has the most trouble with.

Grrrr *shakes fist at Metaknight*

homicidalrapist

Smash Apprentice
Meta knight should die lol. i voted for zelda cuz din's fire harassment is too much, i have more trouble with MK but everyone probably does.

J4pu

Smash Champion
QFT, darn bucket.
Mind-gamming G&W is the best strat imo, once they are used to your SHDL, do SHFF into w/e you can manage. In order to do this you have to be pretty specific with your spacing tho so that you can attack before the bucket gets put away and arent easily punishable. Once they get used to that just keep switching it up btwn shooting and attacking close range, works really well on my friend who mains G&W although he isn't pro by any stretch of the imagination, decent maybe.
And of course once their bucket is full feel free to go laser crazy

Redemption

Smash Cadet
Other than the obvious MK and G&W, I'd say olimar. Even though falco can reflect his pikmin spam, normally a good olimar player EXPECTS this and comes in flying with a perfectly timed, red pikmin Fair. If falco tries to laser camp, olimar will just jump and toss pikmin at you, forcing you to stop and get them off. Oh, and most of his moves have ridiculous range and priority. Honestly, if it wasn't for olimar's gimpable recovery...

Kenrawr

Smash Master
To the people that voted wolf, how!!!!!!!11111111111

MK for me -.-

Edit:
Where's your statistics on the snake thing? =/
If it's true, it could be that lots of players can't handle snake >_>

Ratherion

Smash Journeyman
So... my friend watched this video And is now godly with IC's...

Shine helps a lot though... a LOT.

While Snake has won more tournies, he has less top placings overall. He gives Metaknight trouble, but he is the only character that does. Overall, his matchups are a bit worse. Several more characters give him trouble.
Really? Interesting...

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I am almost completely certain that Metaknight is the best character in the game. Unless future metagame developments hurt him.

That's unlikely, those tend to make the best characters better along with everyone else.

I'm extremely competitive with most characters and I can win tournaments with any of..

Wolf, Pit, Zelda (not Sheik), Mario, Squirtle, Snake, Falco, Olimar, Diddy Kong... and a few others..

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I've only ever gotten completely owned by G&W, Marth, and IC's (if they know their CG)

MK's never give me too much trouble. You can CG, Spike, Laser and Shine. Standing near MK for more than a second means youre an idiot.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
who chose mananddoof? That's the funniest poll I've ever seen.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Pros who go to tournaments will say G@W (he's the Falco counter) less skilled tourney goers will say MK (i guess since he has such a large portion) and people who play for fun will say whatever character their most skilled friend plays.

this poll is pretty pointless, but then again most are, so whatever.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've played against both GaW and MK. Zelda just gives me the most trouble with the playstyle I use.

Amide

Smash Lord
Apparently MK is a very hard fight for Falco, and I agree, it's the hardest. Falco actually does well against Snake.

Top Bottom