• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

As Falco who is your hardest fight? why?

As Falco who is your hardest fight? why?

• Mario

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Luigi

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Peach

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Bowser

• Donkey Kong

• Diddy Kong

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Wario

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Link

• Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

• Pit

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • R.O.B

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 104 25.7%
  • King Dedede

• Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • Fox

• Falco

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Wolf

• Captain Falcon

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Pikachu

• Pokemon Trainer

• Lucario

• Jigglypuff

• Marth

Votes: 23 5.7%
  • Ike

• Ness

• Lucas

• Mr Game & Watch

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Snake

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • Sonic

Votes: 7 1.7%

• Total voters

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Falco cannot be chaingrabbed. I don't know what you're doing wrong.

J4pu

Smash Champion
If you tech roll the Dthrow away from D3 i don't think he can move that far before you are free to do w/e you want.
Falco doesn't get CGed by D3, but if you don't tech he can roll chase you into another grab.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Falco vs. D3 is about camping and punishing. Dont get impatient, as he's really hard to kill. If you play smart you'll win, but if you're not willing to camp work on outmaneuvering him. Platforms help. Chaingrabs plus Fsmash tech chase is a free 72%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SDh-UkOl4Y

:30 or so.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
It's definitely GaW. Everyone else has SOME weakness to exploilt, but you have to play like a ***** to win against a GaW.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
G&W or MK, for sure. Meta is so hard to punish it's ridiculous and G&W ***** with his aerial game, low % kill smashes, and lasting hitboxes.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'd say G&W and Kirby.

G&W's are hard to laser due to their bucket so you'll have to approach him and his bair spamming and d-smash spamming ways.

A good Kirby will try to grab you in the beggining and combo you to 30 to 60 percent easily. By 80% your high enough to die by an f-smash. Have fun shooting lasers at it too. I'm obviously being sarcastic on that last part.

OverLade

Smash Hero
G&W or MK, for sure. Meta is so hard to punish it's ridiculous and G&W ***** with his aerial game, low % kill smashes, and lasting hitboxes.
I'd say G&W and Kirby.

G&W's are hard to laser due to their bucket so you'll have to approach him and his bair spamming and d-smash spamming ways.

A good Kirby will try to grab you in the beggining and combo you to 30 to 60 percent easily. By 80% your high enough to die by an f-smash. Have fun shooting lasers at it too. I'm obviously being sarcastic on that last part.
I think Kirby is harder than MK. A lot of MK's game is air game, so your lasers are likely to frustrate him. Nothing but perfect and semiperfect lasers are gonna hit kirby, so this is already frustrating. A few things work well, like DAC, but not being able to chaingrab him very long is also a weakness.

And he can suck you up and annoy you with lasers that are unlikely to hit him if you reflect them (assuming he's also doing SHDL).

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I havn't looked over the whole thread but the last two (GAW and Kirby) I wouldn't say are the hardest IMO. Kirby can be CG'd for a period of time and is light so he dies pretty easily and can be camped against well. If he wants to be lame and repeatedly up b the "cut" can be shined back at him. As long as you play smart and watch out for his fsmash/over b at high percent i don't find it a difficult matchup. GAW is a bit hard. He can still be chaingrabbed but not that well and can bucket your lasers. Also his disjointed hitboxes have more priority than some of Falco's attacks however he is light and dies pretty early. You also have a shine so there shouldn't be any reason to be afraid to use your laser.

My hardest fight is either Marth or ROB. Marth first of all cannot be CG'd and has a 0>death combo on Falco. Falco on the other hand can be CG'd by Falco. He is faster in movement and attackwise on the ground and air than Falco and out prioritizes a lot of Falco's attacks including his recovery. A Marth can simply repeatedly bair Falco and gimp him or go for a spike without getting hit by his up b. Your best bet is to laser camp and save fsmash/usmash since Marth is light.

ROB is another really hard matchup because of his recovery and he isn't chaingrabable. You can camp him, but he can do the same thing back. He outranges Falco greatly as well. ROB is stubborn and doesn't die easily although a saved fsmash may avoid that problem. Lastly Rob has a phenomenal recovery which makes spikes difficult to pull off and Falco can be chased out and gimped very easily. I might say Marth is the hardest match in the end.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Usually me either. Until I played OmegaBlackMage in tournament. Made me realize most G&W's aren't being used correctly.
Lol Yeah but try to play his GAW with any character and you will probably lose because he's just nasty. I strongly disagree that GAW is Falco's hardest matchup there's no way especially when characters have 0>death's on him. The poll is ridiculous. Someone please explain how MK is his hardest matchup please?

wangston

Smash Lord
When you are close to the edge you get down throw, dair, dair and then you;re dead. If the meta knight is good we will also interrupt your illusion ever time. Meta knight can gimp you like none other.

superglucose

Smash Apprentice
G&W.

G&W can't be chain grabbed, can bucket lasers into an oil spill of epic proportions, and is generally a tough nut to crack.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
toon link.

I've never played a meta knight mainer or even secondary, nor ics, gaw, another snake, dk, pit (I have played against a pit mainer once, but I used falco after playing too much snake :/ ), falco.

I don't feel that d3s or robs are that much of a hassle, but hey, maybe I'm just playing bad people.

azninvasion812

Smash Rookie
Probably a Snake or IC. Falcos problem with killing makes this a hard matchup while lasers and CG dont work very well with IC

Falkito

Smash Rookie

Denzi

Smash Master
Surprise! I said Metaknight!
But that's just generally speaking.
I went to a small tournament the other day and ended up getting crushed by an amazing Lucas (who won the whole thing).
But yeah, mostly Metaknights.

Keitaro

Lol Yeah but try to play his GAW with any character and you will probably lose because he's just nasty. I strongly disagree that GAW is Falco's hardest matchup there's no way especially when characters have 0>death's on him. The poll is ridiculous. Someone please explain how MK is his hardest matchup please?
lol, yeah he's a great player. My Falco actually won the first match but after I lost the 2nd one I switched to Snake and got baired to death. Hate that ****.

M@v

Subarashii!
Snake is mine. As a fox main I am much more used to fighting snake with fox, and I'm much more fluent with fox vs him. With Falco I want to fight snake like fox, but it doesn't work that way >_>

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, but this poll is so horribly inaccurate XD. I'm sorry but, who voted Ike? Who voted Mario? Bowser? Donkey Kong? Samus? Four people voted Captain Falcon? Whaat?

KirbycidexX

Smash Rookie
Snake is mine. As a fox main I am much more used to fighting snake with fox, and I'm much more fluent with fox vs him. With Falco I want to fight snake like fox, but it doesn't work that way >_>
Mines olimar due to his massive range with those pikmin... <_< snakes another tough one and MK's broken so he doesnt even deserve to be on the list he's impossible for anyone to beat. And hey M@V :) lol

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Would have to say another Falco. Amongst my group of friends, I'm the 2nd best Falco, and no one I know actually mains MK or G&W, or at least, mains them well.
So I would have to say, the toughest would be that 1st Falco over my Falco, which is inherently inferior.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
I must say G&W ... G&W much more faster than my falco but i finally found out a good fake out when i play against G&W. Laser(make G&W player take out his bucket) Then Phantasm, then Dash Cancel---USmash =D

D1

As a Falco main ever since the game was released I must say...GW.

I'm forced to counterpicking Fox instead since I can at least kill quick than Falco can w/ the usmash...and the dsmash has better range and beast knockback to boot. Also there are less chances of me getting easily gimped since Fox has a good UpB and Forward B...not like Falco who's Forward B is his only best recovery option...and sweetspotting your 2nd jump back to the ledge of course (which goes w/o saying).

STMH

Smash Cadet
meta knight. cheap as hell. b spam or netural a/a combo me to death then shuttle loop. it's just so gey = =

Ace55

Smash Lord
meta knight. cheap as hell. b spam or netural a/a combo me to death then shuttle loop. it's just so gey = =
Lol, neutral A is one of MK's worst moves.

And lol at the 5 people 'afraid'of falco. I call shenanigans

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Would have to say another Falco. Amongst my group of friends, I'm the 2nd best Falco, and no one I know actually mains MK or G&W, or at least, mains them well.
So I would have to say, the toughest would be that 1st Falco over my Falco, which is inherently inferior.
This.

Falco has a bad match up against Falco.

10XDs

masv

Smash Rookie
i'm surprised nobody is saying Marth. I know MK and G&W are mean to Falco, but Marth has his own tricks for beating Falco as well. IMO:

1. G&W
2. Marth
3. MK

Denzi

Smash Master
Sorry guys, but this poll is so horribly inaccurate XD. I'm sorry but, who voted Ike? Who voted Mario? Bowser? Donkey Kong? Samus? Four people voted Captain Falcon? Whaat?
I seem to agree. We should have another poll without MK to see where those votes would've gone. I suggest this because it's fairly obvious that MK is tough. We know that.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
It must be the guys from the other groups on the Forum who root for their own characters... After all, anyone can vote in this thread. ^^

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
1. Marth...only because of invincibility Up B. Without it, the match up is even. It might be just me. 60/40
1. Pit better camp game and better off the stage game 60/40
(Both tied for first)
3. Kirby Grab combos like a bitch and you can't chain grab. Camp and Phantasm are your best options. 55/45
Everything else is even or in Falco's favor.

MK and GaW are not hard once you get use to them. Because Falco has so many options against them, I'd say its about 50/50 at worst.

You can still camp GaW. It's actually a viable strategy. The bucket doesn't kill you until percentages past upsmash kill percentages and it gets them into the 'I gotta use the bucket mentality.'

Llumys

Smash Champion
Easily the Ice Climbers for me, with Meta Knight coming in second, and Game & Watch + Marth not too far behind.

Anyway, the Ice Climbers **** everyone, but Falco is hindered because of his recovery and his weight. Also, it's impossible to get any grab combos off of them.

Tr4ce

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight. Gimps falcos recovery very easily and is just very annoying. Second is G&W

Top Bottom