• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speed grabbing.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So...yeah. I just want to point out how fast you can actually Alt grab people.

Watch this video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bepbg8UlUEM

1. I don't bother doing this 0 - Death because I just recorded my first try for a friend.
2. I start out with alternating Bthrows without pivoting then go into bthrow to fthrow without dashing.

Notice the speed :). People will have a hard time breaking out at low %'s if you can alt grab this fast.

Taking grabs to the next level :).

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Most amazing thing ive seen for brawl to date.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Im interested in fighting your iceclimbers. Im ranked no 1 on mlgpro for doubles and i also main the iceclimbers. The speed of your grabs was BAD A**!!!! Your next goal is to master CG online. Then you be pefect. Nice video, keep them coming.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah. I can do every variation of the alt grabs almost perfectly against most characters.

Heavy character **** me though XD.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Edit: Double post :/.

More comments? XD.

>_>

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Hey Hylian, I saved my replay on my speed grabbing. Could you aim me, I wanted to see if I could send the video to you and if you can put it on u tube for me.

Alou

Smash Cadet
Wow very nice. I wish I had your skill, but sadly I will need much more practice perhaps in the future though :)

Very nicely done.

heytallman

CTALL
Daaaaang. You should totally do a choreographed IC's video to the tune of Soulja Boy, and when he says "YOUUUUUU," the IC's alt grab to one side, then to the other every other YOUUUU. That would be hilarious! Much love!

Miller

Smash Lord
Ive actually been doing this speed for quite some time now, But i usually just do Fthrows when im speed grabbing.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
God, you are truly a beast at IC's and one of the best "pro" forum supporter/person that actually helps the community for thier on char. IMO.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
God, you are truly a beast at IC's and one of the best "pro" forum supporter/person that actually helps the community for thier on char. IMO.
Thanks ^_^! I am a very competitive person and I strive to become the best :). But at the same time I enjoy playing people better then me because I love learning from them. And I want to prove to the melee fans that I have known and loved for so long that brawl can be a pretty good game :). So I want to help advance our community in any way possible.

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
I wish i was that good :O
Hey Hylian, do you main or secondary anyone else besides IC? :O
Very nice speed grabs :D kudos

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wish i was that good :O
Hey Hylian, do you main or secondary anyone else besides IC? :O
Very nice speed grabs :D kudos
I main G&W and secondary ICs and Samus.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Oh, didn't realize you had a topic for this video, I just happened to watch the video while watching videos at youtube one day. You're really good at the backthrows, I just can't seem to do them right unless I have nana behind me. At least I can chain grab to an extent on wifi :D just as long as the lag isn't so bad that it doesn't recognise when I press a button some times, I just remember timings.

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
For me, the Bthrow comes almost naturally o-o Fthrow and Dthrow are hard for me for some reason :(

Thank god the timing is easier on lightweights with Bthrow :D

Who gives you the most trouble when ur chain-grabbing? for me its Jiggles.(Yes, this is all off-topic)

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
This is a nice tempo Hylian. I need 2 become faster :[
Think some 1 else said, but at lower %s when I need 2 do quick Cgs I jus do the Fthrow one.. Mayb Im jus lazy.. Sigh, back 2 trainin mode..

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
For me, the Bthrow comes almost naturally o-o Fthrow and Dthrow are hard for me for some reason :(

Thank god the timing is easier on lightweights with Bthrow :D

Who gives you the most trouble when ur chain-grabbing? for me its Jiggles.(Yes, this is all off-topic)
I guess we're all different. o.o;;

DThrow is simple, FSmash to Nana FAir is kinda easy, but FThrow and BThrow are impossible for me.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

DThrow is simple, FSmash to Nana FAir is kinda easy, but FThrow and BThrow are impossible for me.
Depends on the character for me >.>...

DYF

Smash Cadet
Too sexy. I have a whole lot of practice to do =]
I hate to admit it but I now have a brawl smash hero and its Hylian!
your going to AZone twostep right? cause if you are I want a G&W ditto!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Too sexy. I have a whole lot of practice to do =]
I hate to admit it but I now have a brawl smash hero and its Hylian!
your going to AZone twostep right? cause if you are I want a G&W ditto!
I am pretty sure I am going with Sethlon/Roy_R/Pozerwolf to the AZ tournament :).

Straylit

Smash Cadet

Only here recently have i 'really' gotten by bthrow alternates down pat. Put i still find i move alot while doing it. Hylian, how are you pivoting in one spot exactly?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Only here recently have i 'really' gotten by bthrow alternates down pat. Put i still find i move alot while doing it. Hylian, how are you pivoting in one spot exactly?
I don't pivot.

There is no reason to. I can do the Bthrow both ways without pivoting. Pivoting is pointless considering how much it makes you move.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Wow...that backthrow is really tough to chain. Hylian do you have to walk up a bit like you do with the Fthrow chain, or do you just Backthrow and just grab again?

This is the only one I can't do. x_x

Binx

Smash Master
zomgee look wat u did hyliaaaaaaaannnn you brokezd da gaem, u stoopit glicherrrr

Lol I love this combo, if only I liked the game *tear* but seriously I'm glad people are having fun with it.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Is there a trick to doing the backthrow after the forward throw without popo moving? Seems like I can't get hit backward without him moving too far away to regrab. Anyone else have this problem?

That's sweet btw. Very impressive.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I must be the odd one, I can only do Bthrows. And not well either, I can't seem to get the animation timing right. Got any helpful advice, Hylian?

Oh, and I told a friend about you. He wants to play you, because I showed him your IC speed grabs. I think he will come to you.

Kill@Will

Smash Cadet
Whoa dude that was some good ****. If you keep comin up with new stuff i may main the ICs. I'm stuck with 3Deezey and Samus. I should go to the samus boards and see if you got some stuff up there. Great work Hylian!!!

Straylit

Smash Cadet
I don't pivot.

There is no reason to. I can do the Bthrow both ways without pivoting. Pivoting is pointless considering how much it makes you move.
Excuse me, it didnt come out right. How do you space the climbers to which no pivot is needed? Im having a hard time with it.

Kiyokiyo

Smash Rookie
daaaaang. You Should Totally Do A Choreographed Ic's Video To The Tune Of Soulja Boy, And When He Says "youuuuuu," The Ic's Alt Grab To One Side, Then To The Other Every Other Youuuu. That Would Be Hilarious! Much Love!
Fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is so old :/

I can do this much faster now LOL.

K 2

Smash Lord
Wow...you could chaingrab that fast...6 months ago. If I could get past 50% consistantly I would be happy. -.-

Top Bottom