• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speed grabbing.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hmmm, Hylian, at what percent is it safe to start incorperating a Nana smash while you are holding an opponent without risking them breaking free during that delay?

It depends. You can get a fully charged smash off at 60% if you have good timing. You have to Forward or Down Throw to nana, then start charging immediatly. Then back throw a little bit before popo is at half charge. Release the upsmash right when you fully let go of your opponent.

To be safe I do it at 75%.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I wouldn't call this speed grabbing. I'd just call it a version of the Ice Climber's death grab since it seems that there really is no way to really escape it. Kind of like what Marth had on Ness.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Hylian, what chaingrab do you do most often? And what's the fastest variation? (what I should be using)

I've been using bthrow->dthrow

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wouldn't call this speed grabbing. I'd just call it a version of the Ice Climber's death grab since it seems that there really is no way to really escape it. Kind of like what Marth had on Ness.
...*facepalm*
When would it be a good time to start smashing in between grabs with Nana before continuing the chains without that same risk of them breaking free?
I don't know. There isn't a point to doing this if you are good at alt grabs, so I don't do it >_>.
Hey Hylian, what chaingrab do you do most often? And what's the fastest variation? (what I should be using)

I've been using bthrow->dthrow
It depends on how heavy the character is and how small they are. On characters like MK,Ness I do Bthrow to Bthrow. On almost everyone else I do downthrow to fthrow across the stage. I will NT spike if I know it will kill them, or just bthrow and turn it around then kill with upsmash.

I also use backthrow to Forward throw a lot. I think it's the easiest.

Downthrow to forward throw is the most effective because you have 0% chance of tripping unless you turn around.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
For that chaingrab, would you just tap the control stick lightly (causing you to walk a tiny distance in the opposite direction Nana is facing while holding the opponent) when getting nana to do a backthrow to your regrab? Also, do you press Z immediately after initiating this Nana throw command like when you do the back throw regrab from Popo to Nana or is there a timed delay?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yeah, you need to tap the control stick lightly so Popo doesn't run and you need to wait notably longer when regrabbing with Popo. You also need to worry more about being spaced properly when regrabbing with Popo.

D_C

Smash Rookie
**** for a secondary character you're pretty good! =D!
And that chaingrabbin is faster then I thought, and does some damage.. I'll try this out

Top Bottom