• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~***New Zelda Techniques: "Love Jump" & "Farore's Boost"***~

goodkid

Smash Lord
After playing some Brawl matches, I have discovered that there is some sort of glitch or something with Nayru's Love.:bee: Watch closely because it occurs in the beginning of the match.

Watch this vid: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mk97cjCxylg

After Pit shoots his arrow at Zelda, Zelda uses Nayru's Love, but is knocked upwards similar to the distance of her double jump while she is doing Nayru's Love. This is unusual because Zelda should not be able to Nayru while double jumping.

I have tried to recreate this countless times, but have been unsuccessful. If anyone knows how this works or have had similar experiences, reply, because this could be an awesome technique for Zelda users.:chuckle:

Edit: This technique is now possible, Thanks to Jeepy Sol. Zelda's "Love Jump"(Great name, thanks to Arean) is controllable. "After you have been hit, and in the hit animation,
Press X/Y & B at the same time.

Demonstration video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfNbcRBR-0M&locale=en_US&persist_locale=1

"Farore's Boost"

This works similar to "Love Jump." After being hit, and in the hit animation, press X/Y(jump) & Up-B(special).

Demonstration video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LRXRkVs3S0

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
Wow...that's ...very different XD. What were you doing after getting hit though? Just using Nayru's or did you press anything else?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
In case it helps anyone, I think the relevant parts of this are:

Zelda used F-smash, but got interrupted by Palutena's at almost exactly the first moment she began the move.
She Fsmashed *into* the arrow, changing her direction.
She apparently Nayru'd the first moment she could.

She also may have done an Fsmash tech, as in stutter step or something (hard to tell; I don't think it was actually stutter step though).

The levitation began, apparently, the moment you used Nayru's.

Did you use C-stick? And, were you mashing B or holding a directional input?

goodkid

Smash Lord
Did you use C-stick? And, were you mashing B or holding a directional input?
I'm not sure what I did but, I use c-stick for smashes/aerials.

The levitation began, apparently, the moment you used Nayru's.
This is different because Zelda was at 5% from the arrow when she started Nayru's Love.

Yeah this has happened a couple times before, also sometimes, Nayru seems to fast fall with Zelda similar to how much height she gained from the vid.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
That was just plain weird. She moved pretty much, so it´s unlikely that it would have been the momentum of her (possible) jump combined with Nayru´s or the knockback of Pit´s arrows coming late (since they don´t really have knockback)...

I hope that this can be solved out. If it can only happen when attacked, it could maybe be used as retreat or enemy screw-up move, but if it can be done anytime it might be used even as a recovery. Although I don´t really believe that... But that´s just me.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Pretty interesting.
Youd think with all the delays this game recieved there wouldnt be any glitches and stuff.
To better word that, any BAD glitches.

Think about it. With their apparent knowledge of wavedashing from Melee and the fact that players out there are seeking and using ATs, wouldn't it be a logical idea that the programmers may have placed such things in Brawl INTENTIONALLY?

S2

Smash Lord
Wow, that's seriously strange.

I'd think that its some sort of glitch having to do with getting hit with the arrow (maybe any attack).

Seriously, wow, this has me stumped. I think it's time we tried to recreate this.

Unfortunately though, I somehow get the feeling the glitch has to do with Zelda getting hit first. Which is dissapointing, imagine if you could get that awesome it'd be if you could do that glitch at will (especially in the air).

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I think it has something to do with the fact that NL stops momentum, and that's what it did but the game wigged out and launched her. The glitch, therefore, is most likely unrecreatable.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Things can get this interesting. But I assume what you did there is a glitch and not something that can be exploited into a technique, but I can be wrong (hopefully.)

This is VERY similar to something I experienced when playing a lvl. 9 Peach. The Peach taunted in the air, and I want to say that it happened in this fashion:

-The CPU Peach was at least %100 of damage (which is not the case on your Zelda vid, but it may not be of much influence anyway.)
-The CPU Peach executed an up smash (miss), then I hit her back with a Peach f-tilt, making the CPU go vertically up. Now, at that same time, it seemed that she executed a jump, and then performed the air taunt.

So, my theory is that a character must be hit while jumping (simultaneously) so that ANY move can be performed. Let it be Nayru's Love, a taunt, a grab, etc. But it's not something to be completely sure of.
I wish I had the replay of that air taunting Peach :( (it was actually pretty creepy.) And I've been trying to imitate it, but I've failed at doing so till now.

airius

Smash Cadet
i may be completely wrong here but the path zelda went after being hit seemed to follow the trajectory of a upward curved arrow. also it seemed like there wasn't as much delay after being hit by one of pit's arrows for NL to come out. Goodkid, you said its happened before. Was this while fighting Pit? I'm thinking its possibly a glitch that zelda can be forced along the path of Pit's arrow if she used NL at a time she normally isn't supposed to be able to.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It's also the same path as someone who would get hit by an arrow period at a higher percentage.

If need be I'll post again tomorrow. I'm tired right now and don't wanna think.

Arean

Smash Ace
I have a similar experience to this. I think it was wolf that hit me then she started to float so high with nayru's love. Also there was one time where in I slided across battlefield when i used nayrus love (I was hit by Wolf's side b at that time)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I've never done that with NL, but I've done that many many times using FW. At the point when Zelda is twirling before she teleports, I've got her to move a similar distance and then teleport.

I always thought that it was something like when you step on an opponent or item but with B. Perhaps you boosted off of his arrow as it was moving away from you.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Goodkid, you said its happened before. Was this while fighting Pit? I'm thinking its possibly a glitch that zelda can be forced along the path of Pit's arrow if she used NL at a time she normally isn't supposed to be able to.
Its happened a couple of times with Peach, and I don't think anything hit me. There was also a time when I used NL in the air and she fastfalled with NL like the speed in the vid.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
After being hit, and you are in your "OMG I've been hit!" animation, press X/Y and B at the same time, and you will perform a Levitating Nayru's Love. It can also be done with Farore's Wind, but to a much lesser extent.

Your welcome! ; )

P.S. I will make a video if anyone is interested.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
After being hit, and you are in your "OMG I've been hit!" animation, press X/Y at the same time, and you will perform a Levitating Nayru's Love. It can also be done with Farore's Wind, but to a much lesser extent.

Your welcome! ; )

What is your button configuration?
x for Jump and y for Special?

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
You sure it's all three buttons? O_o Think it'd be just one of the jumps and special...

-oh...duh. Read it wrong.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Thanks Jeepy Sol for finding out.

I must try this later. Sounds really fun, lmao.

Btw, is this a Zelda only technique or can other people do it as well?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Most characters can do it to some extent. Some are more obvious than others. It is most obvious with Diddy Kong. If you are hit, and press X/Y at the same time as up-B, he with ascend while he is charging his Rocket Barrels.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Good that this was figured out, there can never be too many options. I started myself thinking that it might work the same fashion than zap jump, so I wasn´t too far (but still a bit) off.

goodkid

Smash Lord
After being hit, and you are in your "OMG I've been hit!" animation, press X/Y and B at the same time, and you will perform a Levitating Nayru's Love. It can also be done with Farore's Wind, but to a much lesser extent.

Your welcome! ; )

Wait, so it was found out? Thanks ;) I will try this out when I get a chance.

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
I've been practicing this on With Anyone, it's really simple to pull off .

The other player hit me off the edge of Battlefield at a low angle, jumped off and grabbed hold of the edge attempting to edgehog me. So, whilst I was in the flying away animation, I pressed X and R (I have specials set to R) and I flew up above the platforms and finished off by using Farore's Wind to get back on.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
A new AT? More and more ATs are found every week which is interesting.

I'll try it out when I start playing again.

So is there a name for this AT or has no one named it yet?

Most characters can do it to some extent. Some are more obvious than others. It is most obvious with Diddy Kong. If you are hit, and press X/Y at the same time as up-B, he with ascend while he is charging his Rocket Barrels.
Nice, I think I'll try it with all my mains(Marth and Peach mainly) and see if it helps any of them.

Top Bottom