• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~***New Zelda Techniques: "Love Jump" & "Farore's Boost"***~

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
I find it easier to pull off if you have R as special. That way you can just press R and X/Y instead of contorting your hand in such a way as to hit B and X/Y. I suppose it may work with tap jumping, though I can't stand it to be honest.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
I find it easier to pull off if you have R as special. That way you can just press R and X/Y instead of contorting your hand in such a way as to hit B and X/Y. I suppose it may work with tap jumping, though I can't stand it to be honest.
Or you can use the wiimote+nunchuck FTW!
I feel like it gives me a lot more control over Zelda.

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, my gamecube controllers have decided to set themselves permanently out of neutral now so I've had to resort to wiimote and nunchuck. I have noticed how it seems to be more responsive, though.

Arean

Smash Ace
Hooray for Zelda's Love jump! but yeah Its a great recovery move :D

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I definitely vote for love jump; when I get a Wii again I will definitely be practicing this because the 1 or 2 invincibility frames Zelda gets in NL can be very useful in recovery.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Does it cancel all lateral momentum? So if you were hit by a horizontal dsmash, you could instantly rise up before leaving the stage? Or does the momentum still constant?

Arean

Smash Ace
the direction of that love jump shall depend on ur momentum, you could float diagonally and such. So if you are recovering try to DI towards the stage and love jump if you think it is safe to recover. Rising special sounds cool to but that can apply to anyone and Love jump sounds great for Zelda

Arean

Smash Ace
The maker of this thread should change the title to Love jump, not levitating nayru's glitch xD

Arean

Smash Ace
any attack as long as it sends you flying away... long live the love jump!

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Rising special sounds cool to but that can apply to anyone and Love jump sounds great for Zelda
Well some other characters can use this move also(see second page for info), so I vote for Rising Special but I prefer a name like "B-rising" or "B-levitation", similar to how "Wavebouncing" or "Projectile Recoil" is also called "B-sticking" for simplicity.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
awesome! I'm so psyched about the love jump. I think it should be called the love jump, not B-levitation, because not the whole cast can do it, therefore it character-specific phenomenon that happens with multiple characters. Or some logic like that.

goodkid is already on my good list so now i'm just going to bold her name and add jeepy sol.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Not sure, because I haven't tested it in a match, but I suspect it would be good for getting away to prevent low-percent juggling.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
can u use it after u got spiked?? that would be realy good if you could
btw 400th POST!!!!

Shinryu64

Smash Rookie
It doesn't seem to be working for me...Are absolutely sure it is B and X/Y? I keep trying it but it never seems to work...

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
You can only do it in the flying away damaged animation, not the falling animation.

Shinryu64

Smash Rookie
I see...It just worked for me. Thanks for telling me. I kept trying to do it when Zelda was falling...

Arean

Smash Ace
If you dont want to do it at the same time you can use jump first then b, in quick succession. That method works for me as well and its great

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
what would this be useful for?
Few things:

1. It boosts your second jump's height. Similar to Zap Jumping, if you use PK fire as Lucas "just after" you use your second jump(not at the same time), Lucas jumps twice as fast.

2. It'll give you Naryu's love while jumping, which gives some defense to some projectiles and stuff. Normally, you can't use Naryu's love and jump at the same time but you can if you're hit.

What other characters can perform this Love Leap? I think someone mentioned Peach or Marth a few pages back...
Lucas can but it's different. With Lucas, you don't press it at the same time, you use your second jump first, THEN, use PK fire. You have to do this pretty fast, and the timing is a little hard to figure out the first time.

This basically double Lucas' second jump.

With Lucas, you don't even need to get hit to do it, you can do this anytime you use your second jump.

I think someone mentioned Peach or Marth a few pages back
Actually I said I was going to test it out on Marth and Peach since someone said that it works on other characters too(see quote) -
Most characters can do it to some extent. Some are more obvious than others. It is most obvious with Diddy Kong. If you are hit, and press X/Y at the same time as up-B, he with ascend while he is charging his Rocket Barrels.
My results on trying this tech on Marth and Peach - Neither character really can do zap jump/love jump. They technically can but it gives no boost to jump height(well, using Toad increases height but everyone already knows that).

popsofctown

Smash Champion
does the love jump allow you to use nayru's love more reactively than is naturally possible? for instance, could you love jump in between IC's Ice Blocks?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
can you control what direction you are sent?

so it seems this might be able to help you get away from people trying to edgeguard you

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I think i understand the tech well enough to tell you that you can use it off the stage, nagace. It does cost you your double jump, but it's still better than double jumping (aside from the cool factor), it increases your double jump.

Can you do this as an edgeguard tech? Go really far down there, get hit on purpose, love jump, which knocks them further off the screen, and Wind back to the stage? Or can it not come out fast enough?

Arean

Smash Ace
This is very interesting, does the love jump also cancel momentum after the attack ends?
most probably. the direction of the love jump depends on the direction you are flying. For instance you are hit and you are sent flying in a diagonal direction, it is possible to love jump in the same direction. I think its better for you to DI towards the stage first so you can use the love jump to rise up and you can follow with a farores wind.

does the love jump allow you to use nayru's love more reactively than is naturally possible? for instance, could you love jump in between IC's Ice Blocks?
I dont think projectiles such as those would hit zelda and send her flying.... Her love jump can only be used if she is her "omg ive been hit" animation... normal hits from ice blocks cant trigger that animation, just a mere flinch... so i dont think you can love jump out of that.

\can you control what direction you are sent?

so it seems this might be able to help you get away from people trying to edgeguard you
The direction is based on the momentum you are hit. It technically gives you a raise so you can farores better

Arean

Smash Ace
I think i understand the tech well enough to tell you that you can use it off the stage, nagace. It does cost you your double jump, but it's still better than double jumping (aside from the cool factor), it increases your double jump.

Can you do this as an edgeguard tech? Go really far down there, get hit on purpose, love jump, which knocks them further off the screen, and Wind back to the stage? Or can it not come out fast enough?
sorry for double post.. but I dont think this thing can be used as an edgeguard tech that easily.. if you get hit sideways... u must fall under the ledge and position yourself exactly. So I guess it depends if you can pull it off or not

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
one question can u still do this even when ur tumbling a few seconds after being hit. or imeadiatly after ur hit?

Top Bottom