• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Banana glitch found.

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
so while playing with a banana i found a new glitch that can be extremely useful once i get it down. lol but before i name it had anyone else found any banana specific glitches other then glide tossing

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
theres so many things one can do with a banana, you'd have to tell us what you found before we can go saying if its known or not

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
lol man so many people replyed quickly. Anyways, when i throw the banana instead of landing and staying in place, it will slide with its own like it was on ice. the harder you smash the throw or c stick the further it goes. ill post a video of it tonight hopefully.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol man so many people replyed quickly. Anyways, when i throw the banana instead of landing and staying in place, it will slide with its own like it was on ice. the hard you smash the throw or c stick the further it goes. ill post a video of it tonight hopefully.
it sounds interesting at least. But we do already know that if you non-glide toss a banana down, it will slide away a little bit. if you can throw it forward and it slides, then you have found something great

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
yeah and i beleive it will slide under sheilds but its not something you can do from the center of the stage....not that ive seen. Ive done it multi. times on delfino but when i did it on yoshis story( brawl ) it seemed to be the most useful. You have to be level with the area your throwing it on. i seen it first on delfino, there is a section of the stage that has 3 roof tops on it. pracitce throwing it on those first, if your level enough it will slide. Then go to yoshis story and hold the edge, drop then jump and throw the banana when your level with the edge and it will slide. Im still trying it on FD ( my fav counterpick ) to see if i can get the timing down to do it there. But i think ill call it either nynja slide toss ala mode or BM toss ( banana momentum )......nynja slide toss ala mode is pretty catchy though...

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
sorry, when you throw the banana. the banana when it leaves your hand should be level with the stage. im posting a youtube video right now. its coming from my phone so it may not look great. you can search it under bm toss or banana glitch it will probe be up in like 10 min at most. i made a stage so it will be easier to just show you but it does work on stages. one throw i did got really far i didnt know it can reach that much. but try to use his mouth as a marker. when its even with the area throw it.

IDK

Smash Lord
just checked and its not up yet... maybe just post a link on here when it is?

oh i c. cool but... when would you ever be able to do it? maybe yoshi's island?

saberhof

Smash Master
i cant find it, copy the link here when its done or something....

ooh that looks cool, but very situational on one side =O...
does it work if you throw it while jumping?

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
it worked for yoshis pretty well but i cant get it for others so far. the incline makes it easier but it can be done from over the edge too. i dont think you can do it while with out being eye level with the stage but you can do it from hanging on the edge, falling then jumping to get eye level with the stage too. ive dont it on yoshis story already

Czech

Smash Cadet
this looks pretty interest has any1 tried this during matches to check if its effective?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
cool trick

sadly, i dont think it'd be of much use in a fight though. at least not over glide tossing

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
no glide toss is a huge part of the diddy game. i think so far i would only use it on yoshis story, but i think it will work on lylat cruise too, not sure...but once we get all the sweet spots down, bm tossing will be so funny and pretty helpful to mind game people from sheildin bananas.

BM stands for banana momentum.

d-go

Smash Rookie
Wonderful. Seems like a good trick for getting back on the level. Maybe.

saberhof

Smash Master
I find this suitable, for opponents that are waiting a little behind your attack animation or rolling animation and boom, the banana slides onto their feet and the fall...

i don't know, i cant think of another situation...

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
why pictochat as a counterpick? oh i see yeah that is a good stage to bm on.
and also i tried to see if the bm toss will slide under sheilds and it does! this will be great n helping you recover.

ill keep everyone posted if i find anything else.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
If its possible to throw a banana on a platform while jumping and get this effect, then you have a useful glitch on your hands. If it doesn't, then this is just a neat little trick to do against your friends IMO.

xig28(2)

Smash Rookie
wow thats cool. but im still having trouble with the diddy slide toss going backwards while throwing bannanas.hopefully then this wont be a problem in the next few days though. again cool find.

Top Bottom